IGNORED

Seewalds 27: Playing not Cleaning

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm fascinated by the fact that my doctor says to check after 6 months for the second, but I had to wait 18 (and then a GP did some tests but no fertility doctors) the first time around, can you explain that?

Not a doc but I work with pregnant women: I suspect since your first took more time than average (most conceive within the first year of trying), they wanted you to check in earlier for the second. Now I don’t know why it took long(er/ish) the first time with you but if it was an explainable cause they might wanted to jump on board earlier on. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait.....so the Bigfoot Hunters on Animal Planet haven't found BF yet? Damn. 

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Side by side comparison of Spurgeon and Henry at 8 months.

Didn't she already ask people to go check out Henry's 8 month album? Do they get money for clicks?

I'm starting to see more similarities between the two. This picture especially Henry has more Duggar qualities. 

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Do they get money for clicks?

I am pretty sure they DON'T  get money for clicks. I'm not positive but I know a little about this (I work in PR and marketing in real life).  To get money for clicks they would need to have a site sponsor or a bunch of ads on each page that would navigate away from their site.(as cute as their kids are, no one is paying Ben and Jessa to view pics of Spurgeon and Henry)...its all about ads and the number of eyeballs (impressions on a page).  There are lots of complicated calculations out there you can google, but one example for Youtube I found  "is average you can earn $1 per 1000 views. (because of the ADS on the page...not the video themselves) "  You would need an awful large audience or following to make any money doing that.  That is why the most successfully Youtube "stars" post a LOT of content week in week out. You need to keep drawing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of viewers coming back repeatedly.  Doing a quick look at  Ben and Jessa's  site, there is one little space on top right where there appears to be an add for Microsoft...That may or may not be there just because of the platform they are using to host their blog site. It doesn't appear to be ad generating.  They don't have enough interesting content changes on a frequent enough basis to have an ad company (ADSENSE is one, there are others) to monetize their site. 

Now on the other hand, all those Inquisitor articles that are posted by various "writers" exist because someone is trying to make money off the Duggars.  Again eyeballs= revenue.  So people can write whatever the hell they want (truth is mostly optional) because the goals is to get suckers like us to read that nonsense so they potentially can make more money. Advertisers know people love gossip sites, even if they don't believe it. That's why the National Inquirer is still in business.  People gobble this stuff up.

That's why there seems to be an Inquisitor article every time a Duggar so much as farts (reportedly, allegedly, according "to a source")  The Duggars aren't making the money -- the so called "writers" are, and they know people eat this stuff up....check out the latest inquisitor article -- clickable ads everywhere... And the Inquisitor and sites like them lure "writers" to become correspondents with the promise of easy money.  It really isn't....it just becomes a factory to churn out more and more drivel.

I'm not a Duggar defender, but I think this is one of those internet myths that need to be put to rest.  They aren't making money off of posting pictures of their kids.    Maybe those DVDs they shill on DFO, but not the personal family sites of the girls. 

@SongRed7 I completely agree with you, but since I'm looking over a social media campaign today I'll go ahead and add some more information as a break before I write a very constructive email. 

You can make quite a bit of money off of Instagram, not via ads, but by having "subscribers". The process normally goes along the lines of getting a gushy message from a fan, then offering to add them to an exclusive list of content etc. for a cost (not processed via Instagram, usually Paypal). They then are allowed access to a private account of exclusive photos or a newsletter. Essentially, how Instagram models function, especially on the racier side. It doesn't really work for famous people though, since the content would be leaked.  I highly doubt that's going on, given the Seewalds post mainly about their children.

Either way, I believe they have a social media strategy. No clue whether they concocted it themselves, had a consultant develop a plan (my suspicion based on # of posts/ regularity of timeframe, mix) or actively employ/ retain someone. It'd be extremely cheap to have someone monitor their news/ google alerts and keep them ahead of the game on rumors and numbers. Given the fact their lives have been rocked by scandal and implosive news more than once, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple with two young kids or JB shelled out $15.00 a day to monitor all Duggar related media and be given heads up. 

It's clear that there's at least some social media strategy consultation going on within the family on what they choose to promote, ALERT, Swan (the Vuolos), not promoting Derick's last funding attempt. We know they have legal counsel and I don't see any reason they would eschew social media help. 

ETA: It's also in TLC's best interests to have their social media people available for consultation, given how they time special announcements it's another given and quite possibly is written into their contracts. Definitely adds interest into the Derick situation.

Even if they're not getting money directly from instagram photos, you could certainly argue that it's part of their brand and they definitely are getting paid for presenting their children to the public on their reality show.

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I just want to know the truth behind Dan "D.B." Cooper!

Yes that is one perplexing mystery.

It is not the only one I would like to see solved!

39 minutes ago, cascarones said:

Either way, I believe they have a social media strategy.

I agree!  there is a strategy involved. And having a social media presence is part of their branding. I just wanted to lay to rest the thought that they are making money (straight up) by posting pictures of their kids.  

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think the deepest darkest parts of the ocean holds some scary shit that we don't want to see. Giant squid are particularly creepy to me. Ick! 

Well, now you're making me miss @HerNameIsBuffy:sad-pacing:

I love conspiracy theories!  I think my favorite is Nibiru/Planet X. 

Not only will Nibiru collide with Earth soon, but it came close before.  When it did, the Ancient Assyrian gods somehow got to Earth from Nibiru and taught the Ancient Assyrians everything they learned.  Also that our solar system is actually a binary star system, but we can't see anything from it because there are things in the way (like trees) and because the other star and Nibiru are both infrared (and we apparently don't have infrared telescopes).

oooh I love conspiracy stuff,  I have a few theories myself. 

For some reason I have always been obsessed with Cleopatra and what happened to her after death. 

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Depending on who you ask, there's a underground bunker beneath the Denver airport that is home to either the Illuminati, Neo-Nazis, Aliens, Nee World Order, or Reptoids. The murals in the airport are supposedly proof of all this. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denver_Airport_conspiracy_theories

@VelociRapture lives in the Denver airport?

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Geeze. Way to blast my address all over the interwebs! :pb_lol:

Pretty sure I saw your digs heard yall screeching at Gate 32. I mean, yall are the LOUD type of prehistoric creatures...

8 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

oooh I love conspiracy stuff,  I have a few theories myself. 

For some reason I have always been obsessed with Cleopatra and what happened to her after death. 

I'm that way with the Princes in the Tower. What happened? Who did it? :P 

I might be a little late to this, but the company I work for has some websites with local businesses that advertise and some that just have adsense. When you actually have sales people that work to get advertisers on a much-visited website, you can make a lot of money--as for the 2 ads on the Seewald's website, it looks like adsense and I doubt they make more than a few bucks from it every month. So unless they're really struggling financially, I would say it's unlikely that they care too much whether their site gets a lot of visitors that click on those ads. Maybe they just use the visitor stats to prove to TLC that they're popular enough to remain on TV, or it's part of their general marketing plan to remain in the public eye. Either way, they're not making much $$$ from the website (otherwise, Jostin and Joe/Kendra would probably have their own websites already too). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived