IGNORED

Seewalds 27: Playing not Cleaning

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Speaking of Area 51 - this is literally the scariest book I've ever read.  Not about aliens but about the government shenanigans that go on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Area-51-Uncensored-Americas-Military/dp/0316202304/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508885867&sr=8-1&keywords=annie+jacobsen+area+51

I have that book. I don't think I ever finished it. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually found a bear skull in the woods with my cousins when I was a kid. That should have clued us in that we might want to turn back, because if there were dead bears out there, there might, you know, also be lives bears? But nope, on we went. And scared the crap out of our parents and grandparents, who couldn't find us for like an hour. Then my cousins got in trouble because they were from northern Ontario and were supposed to have known better, and my sister and I were just ignorant city girls. :P 

Wish it had been a sasquatch skull.

One of my friends in high school was hairy enough to be Sasquatch. Does that count?

New thought/conspiracy theory: Sasquatch are actually Wookies. Star Wars is real.

2 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Speaking of Area 51 - this is literally the scariest book I've ever read.  Not about aliens but about the government shenanigans that go on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Area-51-Uncensored-Americas-Military/dp/0316202304/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508885867&sr=8-1&keywords=annie+jacobsen+area+51

Is this the type of book that will keep me up at night for days on end?? 

or the type that will make me go, Hmmmmm?

Depending on age (mostly of the mother) a couple have about a 15-30% chance of getting pregnant in any cycle. As said it's normal to get pregnant first month and normal to get pregnant in the 12th month too. It's like rolling a dice, waiting for a 6. You're not going to assume the dice is defective if you haven't rolled one after 12 rolls and not should you assume that if you rolled it first time you'll get a 6 immediately the second time too. People make some odd conclusions about fertility from a very tiny sample size.

After 12 months of trying it's worth doing investigations/intervening because the chance of there being a problem is high enough to warrant it. After the age of 35 (again, mother) the recommendation is 6 months because time is more limited, some treatments have lower success rates and the chance of problems is a little higher. I don't know of an official recommendation for over 40 but I'm a few years out of date. If the woman had never been pregnant before most doctors here wanted to get the ball rolling on investigators after 3 months just so a clear plan was in place by 6 months.

/Doctor hat off

I'm not convinced on the Sasquatch because you'd think someone somewhere would have found bones. I like the idea that somewhere on the planet is a freaky, previously mythological or extinct creature waiting to pop up. A coelacanth but from mythology not the fossil record maybe!

3 hours ago, jozina said:

I like the idea that somewhere on the planet is a freaky, previously mythological or extinct creature waiting to pop up. A coelacanth but from mythology not the fossil record maybe!

I'm just happy that someone mentioned the coelacanth. :bigheart:

I can personally verify that Nessie is real, she's a toddler in her monster stage named Vanessa, currently terrorizing Lockhart, TX. And yes, I did by her a Nessie monster blanket when she came to be.

We were watching an Area 51 truth finder documentary thing when I was a kid and my brother looked up and asked my Dad if we could go see the aliens, since the building they were showing was where he worked. On a different base, far, far away. 

When you've run into ghosts I don't think you can discount any of the theories, so I find them fun and even in business you look at projects with known unknowns and unknown unknowns as risks.

11 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Not saying I believe or don't believe, but I also read an argument once that said it is really rare to find bear bones/remains in the woods after they die and we know those exist.   They simply get picked clean by scavengers/decompose.  So just going by that doesn't prove or disprove existence. 

It's rare but not impossible... just sayin'. I'd like to think there are still things on this earth that we haven't discovered yet, but Sasquatch seems ... unlikely.

I think the deepest darkest parts of the ocean holds some scary shit that we don't want to see. Giant squid are particularly creepy to me. Ick! 

15 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

It's rare but not impossible... just sayin'. I'd like to think there are still things on this earth that we haven't discovered yet, but Sasquatch seems ... unlikely.

I can promise you that Sasquatch is alive and well and living on the NE side of the Des Moines Metro.  He is mostly domesticated now, he overloaded my washing machine and ate all our left overs on Sunday, and then was gone as quickly as he arrived. :my_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think the deepest darkest parts of the ocean holds some scary shit that we don't want to see.

https://listverse.com/2016/06/13/10-alleged-underwater-alien-ufo-bases/

41 minutes ago, cascarones said:

I can personally verify that Nessie is real,

I went to Loch Ness last month. I did not see Nessie, even though I called her and called her - like one would call a dog. Perhaps that wasn't the right approach?

I think we're far more likely to find larger unknown species in the ocean, like the coelacanth or giant squid, than on land. I read once that Nessie might be a near-extinct type of freshwater seal, but I like @cascarones's observation in Lockhart TX better. 

It is important to share information on these creatures. We may be the group that discovers the link to the mysteries. 

And then we would be famous, but probably not rich. 

12 hours ago, jozina said:

After 12 months of trying it's worth doing investigations/intervening because the chance of there being a problem is high enough to warrant it. After the age of 35 (again, mother) the recommendation is 6 months because time is more limited, some treatments have lower success rates and the chance of problems is a little higher. I don't know of an official recommendation for over 40 but I'm a few years out of date. If the woman had never been pregnant before most doctors here wanted to get the ball rolling on investigators after 3 months just so a clear plan was in place by 6 months.

I'm fascinated by the fact that my doctor says to check after 6 months for the second, but I had to wait 18 (and then a GP did some tests but no fertility doctors) the first time around, can you explain that?

My favorite conspiracies:

1. Mandela Effect. Never stops being amusing, especially when the most plausable explanation is that the American school system sucks. :pb_lol:

2. The Denver airport thing, because there's so many versions and people get super creative with it. 

3. Saved by the Bell was Illuminati inspired  yes, you read that right, and I will save you a google search: http://illuminatiwatcher.com/saved-by-the-bell-illuminati-satan-worship-sex-magick-other-conspiracy-theories/

4. Anything related to Freemasonry.  I come from a family of Freemasons, so the stuff I hear they have power over cracks me up. We'd probably be a lot richer if 1% of it was true ;)

Favorite Creepy things:

1. Coconut Grove

2. Skin walker Ranch

3. Anything New Orleans related

15 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Is this the type of book that will keep me up at night for days on end?? 

or the type that will make me go, Hmmmmm?

It made me go "Eff"!  

Scary stuff happens there, and there seems to be no policing of what is going on, which makes it even more disturbing.

Side by side comparison of Spurgeon and Henry at 8 months.

Didn't she already ask people to go check out Henry's 8 month album? Do they get money for clicks?

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

What is the Denver airport thing?

Depending on who you ask, there's a underground bunker beneath the Denver airport that is home to either the Illuminati, Neo-Nazis, Aliens, Nee World Order, or Reptoids. The murals in the airport are supposedly proof of all this. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denver_Airport_conspiracy_theories

I don't believe in Nessie, but the fact that Loch Ness is so dark and deep that a huge, prehistoric monster plausibly could be living there is incredibly creepy to me.

30 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Side by side comparison of Spurgeon and Henry at 8 months.

Didn't she already ask people to go check out Henry's 8 month album? Do they get money for clicks?

These are 2 happy little boys. and CUTE!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived