IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

We discussed this on the other thread. Instead of expanding they will probably convert the garage into finished living space. Like bedrooms and a bathroom. They are fundies so they can cram a lot of kids into one home. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe and Elissa are visiting Elissa's cousins! From her public instagram. 

IMG_1851.PNG

It cut off but it says "I might not be much for babies but the babies in my family are the best #calia"

16 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

Joe and Elissa are visiting Elissa's cousins! From her public instagram.

Okay at first I thought that was Elissa in the picture and my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw her tattoo.

Well, they allowed their toddler to be held by a bare~armed, tattooed woman.  How many hours in the prayer closet for that?

Oh wow, a woman in a tank top with a nose piercing and a tattoo! Steve must be having palpitations at the very least. Joseph might not be entirely comfortable but he's probably reassuring himself that it's nice to let his wife see her family. Cali looks adorable.

Oh, and according to the 2010 census, the population of Leavenworth is 35,251. 

Holee; how DID you find that? For a sec there I thought Elissa had a public instagram.........but it's her cousin or sister? Interesting.......

Well, like any normal person, I found out who her relatives were when we first learned about her. She has these two female cousins who went to her wedding. I started following them then and now it's paid off. Only one other time they posted a pic OF Elissa. They're a delightful family. I think the moms are sisters and they're first cousins. Anyway, it's nice that Elissa has gone back to visit a few times :) 

IMG_1857.PNG

Steve must be having hours of prayer and wailing and gnashing of teeth.  First he loses control of John and his engagement announcement, then Joseph traipses off to spend time with non Maxwells and allows his daughter to be held and photographed with a tattooed woman.

I can’t imagine Steve’s blood pressure these days.

Not only is the woman holding Calia bare-armed, tattooed and nose-ringed, Calia is wearing short, lacy sleeves.  The hussy!  How dare she defraud men with her bare toddler arms!

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Not only is the woman holding Calia bare-armed, tattooed and nose-ringed, Calia is wearing short, lacy sleeves.  The hussy!  How dare she defraud men with her bare toddler arms!

I always seem to love the little outfits and dresses they put Calia in. I'm guessing Elissa has nice taste in children's clothing since I doubt Joe got much of a fashion sense living in Maxhell. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always seem to love the little outfits and dresses they put Calia in. I'm guessing Elissa has nice taste in children's clothing since I doubt Joe got much of a fashion sense living in Maxhell. 

Yeah, even though Calia does not wear pants, she is always dressed in nice, stylish toddler clothes. I can't recall ever seeing her in any outfit that screams "fundie kid", whereas Christopher and Anna Marie's girls always look fundie and the ABC girls (especially Abbie) sometimes look fundie, but sometimes not.

Ugh. Anna looks so normal and talks about DATING rather than courting. Seriously, the way the Maxwells do everything together just screams CULT CULT CULT. How long can they keep it up? I hope the ABCD kids get to see their maternal side and get exposure to the outside world. The way things are going currently there are more grandduaghters than grandsons, even if NR-Anna's fifth is a boy there'll still be more, some of them at least will have to get married. 

I also wonder how long the Maxwells will keep blogging. I feel so invested in them (not in an OMG FASCINATED way cos they are totally soporific) that if they closed down I'd feel *almost* bereft. Thankfully the blog and website seem to be the primary source of income I don't see them shutting down any time soon.

On 10/21/2017 at 3:30 AM, CyborgKin said:

Regarding their theknot page: I didn't know you could have multiple best men!

for the most part, you can pretty much do whatever you want in your bridal party.  Mr. CL was in a friend's wedding where the groom's attendants were his 2 brothers and 2 friends.  the groom couldn't decide which of his brothers would be best man, so he gave both of them the honor. 

and below is what happens when you walk away from the PC before finishing your post, and your cat steps on the keyboard:

-0p[[[[[[[[[[[[[[-p[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[0000000000i uuiy ,,,,,,,,jmb

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Wonder Woman Melanie's sister is getting married.  None of the ABCD kids are in the wedding.  https://www.theknot.com/us/anna-maher-and-jarred-lindley-nov-2017-a29b8d0e-fb55-4e8b-b83e-4c5f52bbf089

Look at this part! This doesn't sound fundie at all! 

"Dating

The next day Jarred asked me if I'd like to go out sometime. (No, he didn't mean to contact me the next day. He accidentally butt dialed me while playing golf. I texted him back telling him I was in church and called him a heathen. So he went ahead and asked me out.) Our first date was October 5th. He had made reservations at Pinstripes. We had dinner and bowled a few games. We had a great time and talked for hours. On October 30th, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes!"

BTW, I hate how Jarred is spelled. I just read it as "jarred."

If you look at the engagement pictures of Melanie's sister, you'll see a skirt well above the knee, jeans, and her fiancé KISSING her on the cheek! 

*clutches pearls*

I dreamt about Melanie's sister's wedding last night. Abby was sitting in the congregation and being real critical of how her relatives, especially the cousins her age were dressed and Melanie told her not to be mean but Abby said that her aunts and grandma told her it was her Christian duty to point out whores. After the wedding Bethany, Tina and Drew were milling about playing with other kids and Abby went up to a bunch of 10-13 year old girls and told them what she thought of their clothes. The other girls were quick to tell Abby about her clothes and started teasing her. Tears came and Nathan and Melanie gathered up the rest of the kids and left early.

Melanie's sister is giving me massive hair envy. Also, since she's using her other nieces as flower girls and her sister isn't in the wedding party, I'm wondering if one of two things is happening: Melanie and fam don't want to participate in a Heathen Wedding with sleeveless dresses and touching and fun, or Anna isn't very close with Melanie, or if they do see each other a lot, is kind of done with her sister's cult bullshit. Oh, to be a fly on the wall for this drama.

42 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Melanie's sister is giving me massive hair envy. Also, since she's using her other nieces as flower girls and her sister isn't in the wedding party, I'm wondering if one of two things is happening: Melanie and fam don't want to participate in a Heathen Wedding with sleeveless dresses and touching and fun, or Anna isn't very close with Melanie, or if they do see each other a lot, is kind of done with her sister's cult bullshit. Oh, to be a fly on the wall for this drama.

I thought the exact same thing. My guess is that there won't be any observable drama. My guess is they might show up to the wedding with sour faces and look down their noses at those dressed like harlots and leave early. 

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I dreamt about Melanie's sister's wedding last night. Abby was sitting in the congregation and being real critical of how her relatives, especially the cousins her age were dressed and Melanie told her not to be mean but Abby said that her aunts and grandma told her it was her Christian duty to point out whores. After the wedding Bethany, Tina and Drew were milling about playing with other kids and Abby went up to a bunch of 10-13 year old girls and told them what she thought of their clothes. The other girls were quick to tell Abby about her clothes and started teasing her. Tears came and Nathan and Melanie gathered up the rest of the kids and left early.

Not long ago, I had a dream where the kids and even Teri started rebelling against Stevehova.  One of the daughters snuck to the library to work on a computer and read some books forbidden by her father.  This lead to her somehow leaving the family and the rest of them soon followed.  Steve went into the bathroom to pout.  :annoyed:

Later in the dream, the daughter was living in a sparsely furnished home and was looking into buying a tv set and was looking forward to it.  However, she found bugging devices around the house and a GPS tracker in her car.  Steve was spying on her and the rest and was plotting to force them back home.  That was the end of my dream.  :dramallama-nanner:

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

her sister isn't in the wedding party, I'm wondering if one of two things is happening: Melanie and fam don't want to participate in a Heathen Wedding with sleeveless dresses and touching and fun, or Anna isn't very close with Melanie, or if they do see each other a lot, is kind of done with her sister's cult bullshit. Oh, to be a fly on the wall for this drama.

I noticed that too, however could she also be giving Melanie a break from bridal party duties because she's got so many kids to wrangle? It will be interesting to see if they show up and how much they participate in sleeveless interactions, dancing, and f*n.

And that picture of Elissa's tattooed and pierced cousin holding Calia makes me ridiculously happy. 

Melanie's sister seems to like to position herself as a focal point in the pictures. She doesn't seem like a meek helpmeet but that is just a good thing. Good luck to her and Jarred (agree that this is a strange spelling).

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

2 years ago Bethany was a flower girl for Melanie's brother's wedding - which looked like kind of a normal wedding. 

I wonder if there was fall-out from the kids attending that wedding, or they threw too much shade on the other Mahers, and consequently weren't asked again?

I have hair envy as well!  On my good days, it looks pretty good, lots of curls and nothing striking out at weird angles and no strands hanging almost straight.  Then there are this days when it just won't behave.  If that Tubshroom is the same thing my daughter has to catch hair in the tub, it's great!  I've got a number of things on the registry and she'd got good taste in kitchen implements.   I hope though if anyone wants to get her that Lodge griddle, they get it from Target.  It's only $32.95 at ours.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived