IGNORED

Joshua Boyle and Caitlan Coleman

nssherlock

On 9/24/2018 at 12:20 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

Caitlan has received permission from a Canadian judge to take the kids to live with her parents in Penn. She is alleging abuse from Joshua; Joshua also alleges that she is abusive.  The situation sounds like a mess all around: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/caitlan-coleman-joshua-boyle-custody-battle-1.4811965 .

I feel really sorry for all the children, including the upcoming baby. I hope they're able to find some stability in Pennsylvania.

That’s horrifying. I can’t imagine being abused by your spouse while living in captivity. Just wow.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry I don’t believe the guy and obviously the judge doesn’t either. If Her family is a good support system and far away from their abusive dad, then they probably are better off in PA. 

I’m feeling the same way. He was arrested for sexual assault, assault, and unlawful confinement. He’s definitely a dangerous awful guy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 5 months later...
39 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I read that and my blood absolutely boiled from rage. That poor woman spent years being brutalized, sexually assaulted, imprisoned, and made to fear for her life by the Taliban, only to return home and be brutalized, sexually assaulted, imprisoned, and made to fear for her life by the man who was supposed to love her and support her. It also made me ponder how he treated her when they were both held hostage by the Taliban. Fuck this guy, so hard.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

She testified about how he treated her while they were in captivity as well: horribly.  It looks like the prosecutors are trying to establish a pattern of abuse, as they had her walk through the whole relationship.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

At least she has a family to return to, to care for her and her children. 

May she be experiencing healing and gaining some insight into her experience -- enough to avoid getting involved with another abusive man in her future, should she decide to follow the path of remarriage.   She's still wearing a headscarf, so is presumably still a practicing Muslim. 

I hope Joshua Boyle is dumped deep in a prison for a very long time. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 7

Today's testimony was from witnesses, again clearly attempting to show a pattern of abuse:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/joshua-boyle-trial-ottawa-witnesses-1.5084729

(CBC puts a warning label about graphic content, and it is definitely disturbing.)

I am so glad that she has managed to get away from him now.  I agree, it's excellent that she has a supportive family.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

What a disgusting POS he is. I hope her parents are useful and supportive in her healing, I always assumed she was raised to be a doormat since it was very obvious even before the charges that the guy was bad news and she seemed to roll with it. I didn't know she met him at 16 and in between then and now he had his quick Taliban marriage. I hope she doesn't fall for the next lunatic easily.

I also hope he gets locked up for a very long time.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Part of her testimony included that prior to their marriage Joshua gave her books to read about how to be a submissive and obedient wife, and that he was quite hyper focused on the submission of women to their male partners. From her description and mentioning one of the books was about how to be a better helpmate, I’m guessing at least one of those he made her read was Debi Pearl’s “Created to be his Helpmeet”. Caitlan said Josh spent years trying to install in her that her entire point of joy in life ought to come solely out of serving him to make him happy.  Did anyone else see the literal list of rules he had written down for her? She had to weigh herself daily, complete a “heavy exercise regime” he created for her, only allowed cold showers, must “please” him enough to make him ejaculate a minimum of 14 times/week, come to him and ask to be punished anytime she broke a rule, etc, etc. She also testified that when he gave her the rules he made the point of telling her that even if she followed them all and didn’t break any, that still wouldn’t make her a good person, merely slightly less sinful. He also told their children that “Mommy is probably going to burn in hellfire”.

That poor woman spent years as a hostage not only of the Taliban, but also of her husband. Once they were rescued from the Taliban she was living as what I can only describe as slavery with him in Canada (in Canada because at the point of rescue he would not allow her or the children to get on the American plane that was waiting to take them home).

On a positive note, Caitlan appears to have an extraordinary amount of personal resiliency and courage, and is now living safely in the US with her children. Those children might have been born into the worst circumstances, but thankfully they have a wonderful mother who is now free to love and raise them without fear.

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1