IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

3 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

So do you guys think JB is desperatly looking for courtships for Jana and JD right now? I’m sure a double wedding would keep the show going a while longer. 

Someone should really tell him how many of us would tune in for a couple of the kids moving out and getting a real education/an actual job/their own opinion. Breaking Duggar they could call it. He has so many he can sacrifice a couple to the mighty tv god. Him and Michelle could do talking heads about how worried they are and get some money too. Who will pitch this to TLC?

Breaking Duggar would actually be interesting, sadly, never gonna happen.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Firebird said:

The thread said hot and got all excited that maybe the show got cancelled or something

oh, if only!!

There's nothing like a hot tag to get people moving to a thread. Faster than a tabloid magazine can say Jana's courting! :P 

I just really want Jessa to be pregnant again so that the Third Great Baby Seewald Name Prediction Game can commence again. Last time was hilarious. I still have a list of my favourite guesses:

Boy:

Bodhi-Bob

Cotton Mather

Flame Calvin

Tenboom Bob

Tebow Tozer

Von Zinzedndorf Calvin

Girl:

Bodhi-Bob

Jessa Jr

Penelope Guinn (PenGuinn)

Prudynce Crystal

Majestic Pearl

We could just start guessing anyway. More categories. When will she get pregnant? When will they announce? When will the child be born? Boy (please) or girl? Deliver at home or who are we kidding, it will be at home. Deliver in the bedroom or the livingroom? Weight? Height? Name?

If someone get them all right I will personaly fix an excellent prize for them! And eat all of my hats. :dramallama-nanner:

^I have no idea what that emoji is for I just always wanted to use it for something. Also I was just kidding about the guessing. Please don’t start before they announce. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

There's nothing like a hot tag to get people moving to a thread.

I like all the new ways to react to posts, but the 'Hot!' tag is hardly appropriate for this boring AF crew.  :tw_blush:

Someone on here who said they knew someone at TLC said that the Duggars were told to lay off the social media so that everything wasn't old news by the time it aired. Maybe there's truth to that.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I seriously wonder if the show is ending. They haven't been very active on social media lately - or is that just my imagination? I also haven't heard anything about a new season, although I know they filmed Joe & Kendra's honeymoon.

I'm guessing they've probably learned to keep quiet longer for the sake of the show. Odds are somebody at TLC advised them not to yap about speshul news so soon because of how behind the time their show is.

I'm expecting a deluge of announcements right around the season premiere, which will be followed by yet another season of old news and repetitive filler.

I think you guys have a point, but I haven't even seen them posting as much cutesy/random/non-news stuff. Could totally just be my imagination, too, though.

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

So do you guys think JB is desperatly looking for courtships for Jana and JD right now? I’m sure a double wedding would keep the show going a while longer.

I imagine that he's in Alabama right now, trying to drum up votes for Roy Moore.

Doubt that either Jana or JD would want a big, televised, double wedding...though I'm not sure it matters what they'd want.  Maybe the boy twins?

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

:dramallama-nanner:

^I have no idea what that emoji is for I just always wanted to use it for something. 

That's a banana riding a drama-llama. 

I would still wager that if they cancel the show, they would still air a honeymoon special and maybe even wedding planning special for Joe and Kendra, since they already have it filmed. And the fact that they are not the controversial Duggars.

Is the show cancelled? I am in Maui so the only thing I read lately is joy had her baby. Did she?

29 minutes ago, Londish said:

I would still wager that if they cancel the show, they would still air a honeymoon special and maybe even wedding planning special for Joe and Kendra, since they already have it filmed. And the fact that they are not the controversial Duggars.

I doubt that since they filmed stuff before the josh scandal and we never saw anything of that

4 minutes ago, nst said:

the only thing I read lately is joy had her baby. Did she?

No. There are some really really crazy paparazzi theories out that she missed Thanksgiving at the TTH because she gave birth early BUT she had Thanksgiving with the Forsyths because it was her mother-in-law's birthday on Thanksgiving. She's not due until February or March.

Other then the Derick stuff, has there been word from TLC about a new season of Counting On? The only things I can think of that would be remotely interesting on the show would be a Jana and/or JD courtship/marriage or possibly a Jinger pregnancy announcement. 

Everyone has been so quiet lately I feel like some kind of news is brewing. So I'm bracing for it. Someone will be pregnant before the year is out. Or maybe they're cancelling the show. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

No. There are some really really crazy paparazzi theories out that she missed Thanksgiving at the TTH because she gave birth early BUT she had Thanksgiving with the Forsyths because it was her mother-in-law's birthday on Thanksgiving. She's not due until February or March.

Then I saw a picture that she was flying with austin

8 minutes ago, nst said:

Then I saw a picture that she was flying with austin

They went to Luke Wilson and Sarah Hutson's wedding on Saturday. From pictures we know that JB and Austin's dad were there as well. 

36 minutes ago, BlondeIdol said:

Other then the Derick stuff, has there been word from TLC about a new season of Counting On? The only things I can think of that would be remotely interesting on the show would be a Jana and/or JD courtship/marriage or possibly a Jinger pregnancy announcement. 

Everyone has been so quiet lately I feel like some kind of news is brewing. So I'm bracing for it. Someone will be pregnant before the year is out. Or maybe they're cancelling the show. 

Not sure about news but I'm guessing there is just nothing going on, another grandbaby, in Feb/March, another pregnancy  announcement from Jessa, or one from Kendra or Jinger, courtship announcements from Jana, JD, &  SI, and maybe Jed & or Jer. DWreck will say something stupid, Josh will do something stupid, maybe a new Duggar will open mouth and stuff their foot in it. another engagement then wedding another grandbaby, anther courtship, another pregnant Duggar, another engagement, another grandbaby. A Duggar will say or do something stupid.  Insert appropriate J name into any of these slots they are all pretty much interchangeable. 

I also think that weddings and babies will continue to be the focus of the show (if there will be a new season). They could at least "shake things up" and do the weddings differently, say have a intimate ceremony only with close relatives, only 2 or 3 bridesmaids etc. Just anything other than those awful mega weddings. Joy's "we won't be able to stay super long" at her wedding still rubs me the wrong way. (Why would you invite a thousand guests then???)

As things stand (or as we know of), none of the kids are going to pursue higher education or do anything other than courtship, wedding, babies, really. And if they did, it wouldn't be shown on TV because it would hurt their brand. Or as I said previously, because some of the kids are just done with being filmed their entire life.

15 hours ago, karen77 said:

Well, it's official, this forum (Duggar's) is super dead today!! usually I can barely keep up while at work, but man... hardly any new posts, goes to show that these people are BORING! And also shows that they could slip into obscurity if they really wanted to.

I doubt they really want to. All about the $$ for them. 

I would watch Breaking Duggar, now that would be interesting. I would love to see Jana, JD, and Josiah break free but I know they’d pay a painful price if they do. I think a lot of people are interested in what happens to Jana and JB knows it. I hope he doesn’t manipulate her into a courtship she doesn’t want just to revive the show. 

No news for when Counting On will return. I am Jazz is going to return next month. I am surprised. I thought that I am Jazz was a summer show.

10 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

No news for when Counting On will return. I am Jazz is going to return next month. I am surprised. I thought that I am Jazz was a summer show.

Jazz was having consultations about her surgeries and maybe that has been completed by now. So they will air the show.

My understanding is that Jazz really wants to reach out to transgender youth and other ages with her show to give support.

My son told me over Thanksgiving that a transgender woman at his work place had notified the other employees she was going through this and gave a date of completion of her transition and then took her name and all was done on the predetermined date. This was completed without any hitch and sounded just great. Clearly the management was on board. The poster child for this I feel. The individual is about 40 he thought. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived