IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Gah. I miss TWoP. But when I was there it was just for Gilmore Girls. I had no idea zillion-kids was a subform. lol

ah the gilmore girls - i was on fan forum back in the day 

the turtle 

5 minutes ago, calimojo said:

.  My impression is that Jinger is very bonded to Jeremy, and I don't think she keenly misses her family as much as we seem to feel Jill does.   

I have been saying that since she left. Jinger left and doesn't want to be seen whereas Jessa pulls her back in every chance she gets.  Jill can't handle her husband so she needs the TTH 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched part of Joy's wedding episode on YouTube while I was cooking dinner, and I have to say it's as insanely boring as everyone says it is. As soon as I was done prepping dinner I couldn't stand to listen/ watch anymore. I wanted to see some of the moments everyone was discussing.

I have to agree that from what I saw Austin seems very stiff and almost afraid of having emotions in front of the camera. It almost feels like Joy is waaayyy more into him than he is to her. Again, I only got through half the episode before giving up. Austin and Joy remind me of having your first serious boyfriend where you eventually grow out of the relationship, but the relationship helped you define what you like in a romantic relationship and how you like to be treated. I hope I'm wrong and they are very happy together. 

Do we know for sure Jinjer flew? With All those platters to bring and everything I just assumed they drove. They've mentioned before it's about 12 hrs which is tons of time for baabbbe and Babbbbe to bound over bible study.

They flew. They put the platters in big blue bins and checked them on the plane. They were filmed collecting them from the baggage carousel then driving the dishes straight to the church to deliver to the caterer for the rehearsal dinner. Someone posted here that there was no big welcome party for JinJer since they arrived the day before the wedding and the rest of the family was busy with last-minute preparations, etc. Or maybe Jinger said it herself on CO, I can't remember. 

8 hours ago, Firebird said:

I watched part of Joy's wedding episode on YouTube while I was cooking dinner, and I have to say it's as insanely boring as everyone says it is. As soon as I was done prepping dinner I couldn't stand to listen/ watch anymore. I wanted to see some of the moments everyone was discussing.

I have to agree that from what I saw Austin seems very stiff and almost afraid of having emotions in front of the camera. It almost feels like Joy is waaayyy more into him than he is to her. Again, I only got through half the episode before giving up. Austin and Joy remind me of having your first serious boyfriend where you eventually grow out of the relationship, but the relationship helped you define what you like in a romantic relationship and how you like to be treated. I hope I'm wrong and they are very happy together. 

I don't want to appear as an apologist for someone I can't possibly know all that much about except he married a Duggar, but my husband, when we were young, always wanted to hold hands and things when we were out, and I'm not uncomfortable with PDA, but I never liked feeling clung to or also "surprised" by physical affection. Unfortunately, it had a tendency to make him feel a bit needy, and the best way I can describe it is to use the Christian term "love languages," and say that ours were not fully lined up.

However, people who are invested in each other can learn how to give and receive in the ways that suit their relationship, and to understand their partner's limitations. So even if she's more touchy than he is, more needful of "spooning up like little baby cats," they'll get to know each other better over time and make adjustments, and neither of them strikes me as particularly self-centered.

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I don't want to appear as an apologist for someone I can't possibly know all that much about except he married a Duggar, but my husband, when we were young, always wanted to hold hands and things when we were out, and I'm not uncomfortable with PDA, but I never liked feeling clung to or also "surprised" by physical affection. Unfortunately, it had a tendency to make him feel a bit needy, and the best way I can describe it is to use the Christian term "love languages," and say that ours were not fully lined up.

We also have to remember that these kidults come from a very emotionally and physically repressed home. There was no hugging and kissing and snuggling for comfort or affection. They are starved for attention of any kind, some are just better at controlling their exuberance than others. 

20 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

We also have to remember that these kidults come from a very emotionally and physically repressed home. There was no hugging and kissing and snuggling for comfort or affection. They are starved for attention of any kind, some are just better at controlling their exuberance than others. 

But how do they get used to all that physical contact within a ceremony's time? How do they turn that shit on and off like a faucet? It seems odd to me.

Some don't need to, for some they crave it, the need it.  There are people who are more physically demonstrative than others , if that nature is shoved down, when it is finally allowed to be expressed it is very hard to put that back in the bottle. 

21 hours ago, Lurky said:

Snip

And the stupid thing is, there IS drama going on.  The next series could include the whole story about putting the court case together, how they responded to Josh coming in on it, and when his case got kicked out.  What's it like for Jinger & Jeremy to have all the constant questions about pregnancy.  The public reaction to Derick's hate-tweeting, and why he chose to do all that stuff (not to mention Samuel's birth).  What life is like for Jana as the only older sister sharing a bedroom with the little ones and how she's adapting to it.

Snip

They would never do this - because it would be REAL.    And expose the real Duggars.   The leghumpers would all faint dead away and then there wouldn't be any real fans left to cheer them on.    

21 hours ago, Lurky said:

- why JinJer had the 6 month ban on family visits could have been a really interesting topic in this season.

Because Jeremy probably thought it would take that long to deprogram her from the Duggar cult teachings and reprogram her to his way of thinking. 

52 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Because Jeremy probably thought it would take that long to deprogram her from the Duggar cult teachings and reprogram her to his way of thinking. 

His way of thinking, or boundary setting? Because we know there are NO boundaries in the Duggar family. SA or Texas, they're going to barge on in.. so if that was the goal, I think Jeremy nailed it. He has served notice to Jim Bob that HE, Jeremy, is top dog at his house.... Jinger's got a new umbrella (of protection)

I guess that's what I never understood about the patriarchy. Like I control your woman but make sure that woman covers up because it can lead me astray.

I've always wondered how Duggars deal with all the physical contact at once. 

They've all described being affectionate as 'natural'. But how much of that is a conditioned response (because that's how it's 'supposed to be') and how much is genuine? 

I know it's different for each person but it's sad that they'll probably have to repress feelings/reactions if it's not acceptable (or even described as a thing that might happen)

It's not a coincidence that they all have the same language, reactions, expressions and explanations.

23 hours ago, Lurky said:

And the stupid thing is, there IS drama going on.  The next series could include the whole story about putting the court case together, how they responded to Josh coming in on it, and when his case got kicked out.  What's it like for Jinger & Jeremy to have all the constant questions about pregnancy.  The public reaction to Derick's hate-tweeting, and why he chose to do all that stuff (not to mention Samuel's birth).  What life is like for Jana as the only older sister sharing a bedroom with the little ones and how she's adapting to it.

The Duggars would never publicly talk about any of those things because they are still trying to hold on to the wholesome and pure brand of their former show. They want the recognition that reality TV brings, but they can't be bothered to be open enough to create really good TV. This show is probably the MOST FAKE show on TV. 

22 hours ago, Beermeet said:

5. I really liked the theme of Joy's wedding alter. The outcome looked more like people partied there, didn't clean up, still had a wedding.

I think it looked a terrible mess. I don't know why they scattered all that stuff over the floor. It looked like it used to be a field of flowers that someone mowed over with a tractor and then didn't rake up. I don't know why they didn't just make some beautiful flower arrangements with lots of greenery if they wanted to do a field of flowers theme.

18 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

I was surprised that there was a huge airport welcome for Jill and D-Wreck and Israel, and absolutely none for Jinger and Jeremy.

I think it's a number of things. 1) They have been back to AK more than Jill and Derick and are not overseas on an "adventure". I think Jinger receives enough attention and finds happiness with Jeremy, that she doesn't really need that kind of attention from her family anymore, whereas Jill has bee overseas and lonely and raising a child with no support from her family, so obviously a bigger deal for her to return home. Jill was obviously ecstatic to be back home after the last trip to CA.

14 hours ago, Firebird said:

I have to agree that from what I saw Austin seems very stiff and almost afraid of having emotions in front of the camera. It almost feels like Joy is waaayyy more into him than he is to her.

I totally agree with this. His feelings don't seem genuine to me. I just have a bad feeling about J&A's marriage. Joy's total lack of agency is worrying to me and I think it will wear on Austin after a while. I could see him being unfaithful in the future, and what his BIL said in the last episode during the wedding speech was ominous - something like "Just know, Joy, that he will screw up and make mistakes, and it will be up to you to forgive him." The same was not said to Austin about Joy. I don't get the feeling that he truly loves her...I think he was taken with the idea of marrying a Duggar and she was the last one available and he learned she was into him. 
Of course, I could be totally wrong and he loves her to pieces, but this is just what I've perceived.

My question is how will Joy with all her exuberance for being physically affectionate,  how will she handle the long term of being with someone that doesn't seem to reciprocate? Especially as the honeymoon phase wears off...

But maybe that's the benefit to many blessings, no time to realize you're unhappy til you're completely stuck with 80,000 kids

Another question:   Since the fundies are kept from expressing their affection toward future spouses, would the new spouse (especially the male) be horrified if their new spouse were sexually aggressive?   

Can you imagine a young fundy male, who has been taught that women should be demure and modest, and he gets a new young wife who is really into the idea of "Sweet Fellowship"?   Especially if she was of the mind, This is what makes babies and I was made to make babies for the Fatherland.  The cult.   the Lord.

And I just can't imagine getting in to bed with a guy, having had it drummed in to me that I need to be modest and covered, and all of a sudden I've got this guy I just kissed for the first time a couple hours ago and now he wants all my clothes OFF!!!!   

^^^This.  I have nothing against waiting for marriage to do the horizontal mambo(I did it myself), but the thought of going from 0–60 within the space of a few hours seriously creeps me out.

Well, if the males had parents like JB  and M, they probably won't have a problem with their wife wanting sweet fellowship.

:output_eeMbjt: :brainbleach:

Wasn't Austin's dad the one who said that his kids didn't experiment with their partners before marriage because "you don't need to try cocaine to know it's bad"? Yeah, none of these kids are getting SLIGHTLY healthy ideas about sex from their parents.

4 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Another question:   Since the fundies are kept from expressing their affection toward future spouses, would the new spouse (especially the male) be horrified if their new spouse were sexually aggressive?   

My former fundie cousin told me that her headship would berate her and have her read the bible when she would let him know she wanted some sweet fellowship. She said it took her three times of that nonsense to never show any eagerness towards sex. She is a hoot! She has also said that (now after leaving and having a great relationship) that looking back sex with her husband was so sterile and quick. lol She is beyond happy that this union gave no 'blessings'. Her former husband reminds me of Dwerk. You know a judgey douche.

So, it looks like they are cutting this season short.  According to that Duggar family fan website, next week's show is the seaons finale and the original plan was for several more episodes.  Looks like no birth special for Samuel.  I wonder if this means they are considering cancellation. 

I find it odd that they are cutting the season short.  And simultaneously Jessa goes on an Instagram confessional about being a regular mom, who gets overwhelmed and chooses time with her adorables over housework.  Seems like she is workin' it pretty hard right now

Even if they don't cancel it, I bet we'll never see Samuel's birth and he'll be treated as if a stork brought him long ago. Truly bizarre, I don't care what anybody says.

What is there to even show next season? Joy is dull, annoying and we've seen so many pregnancies that it's not a novelty. Nobody else (that we know of) is even pregnant, nobody is courting, nobody is engaged. So what would we watch? Jessa folding laundry? Jinger and Jeremy eating more Mexican food? Joy going to her jinder ultrasound? Jill sitting at home contemplating the meaning of life while her douchebag husband is Tweeting in the garage? Like there is literally NOTHING even mildly interesting that they could show. Could be that they don't outright cancel but instead take a prolonged length of time off until there are storylines to tell. Could become an annual catch-up sort of thing of 2-3 episodes and that's that.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that next season is all the excitement of a boy preparing for his wedding, and all of the drastic differences there are in the wedding planning for one of the boys... *eye roll* TLC is going to milk them for all they are worth for as long as they can. Honestly though, I don't think the network will ever fully server their ties with the family as they seem to have some loyalty to the family. But I do think their presence will become more limited in the future and like @AtlanticTug said we'll get annual catch-up episodes or coverage of major events. 

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

So, it looks like they are cutting this season short.  According to that Duggar family fan website, next week's show is the seaons finale and the original plan was for several more episodes.  Looks like no birth special for Samuel.  I wonder if this means they are considering cancellation. 

I find it odd that they are cutting the season short.  And simultaneously Jessa goes on an Instagram confessional about being a regular mom, who gets overwhelmed and chooses time with her adorables over housework.  Seems like she is workin' it pretty hard right now

Maybe they originally planned to do a birth special, but perhaps something happened with Samuel's birth that caused them to have to cut out a few episodes. Can't remember if that would fit into the timeline we're on right now, but they probably can't remember their own timeline either. :pb_lol:

21 minutes ago, beepy13 said:

Maybe they originally planned to do a birth special, but perhaps something happened with Samuel's birth that caused them to have to cut out a few episodes. Can't remember if that would fit into the timeline we're on right now, but they probably can't remember their own timeline either. :pb_lol:

Next thing they should be showing is Joy and Austin's honeymoon which I'm surprised they didn't fit it this season. Not surprised we haven't seen Samuel's birth yet since that happened about 6 weeks after Joy's wedding.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived