IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the last Dillards thread? I don't see it in the Duggar forum.

On topic, I don't really think much has changed for Derick other than that he now has plenty of time and a reliable internet connection. I'm sure his beliefs are the same as always.

To pick back up with something that was mentioned by several posters in the last thread (about Sam not being worn in a sling) it looks to me like Sam was in a sling and Jill took it off before their picture was made. (IOW, he's still wrapped in a sling; Jill's just not wearing it.) There's definitely something funky about what he's wrapped in.

ETA:  Most nursing moms wouldn't hold their baby like that unless they were about to nurse.  Sam's mouth is right at Jilly's nipple.  It's not just the position either; it's that babies can smell their mother's milk as well.

18 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

What happened to the last Dillards thread? I don't see it in the Duggar forum.

On topic, I don't really think much has changed for Derick other than that he now has plenty of time and a reliable internet connection. I'm sure his beliefs are the same as always.

I think you're right!  All this time I kept saying he's escalating but you're probably spot on saying he now has a reliable internet connection.  Central America's internet providers did us a solid for a few months out of the year.

Derick may include K-12 on his CV, but I include PRESCHOOL! Take that, dumbass.

A lot of people are commenting about Turd....

Derick, fuck off and get off the internet! How many times do you have to be told? 

I was just reading something about the outrageous thing that Mike Pence said about hanging all the gays and I saw a woman carrying this sign:

It's not about bathrooms anymore than it was ever about water fountains.

That sign is so brilliant and so true.

On the previous thread, another posted talked about going to the public restroom with kids or grandkids when they were little.  Reminded me that I took my son into the women's restroom when we were out in public til he was probably around 7.  After that, I let him use the men's room, but I waited right outside and if he took too long, I would peek in.  Sure, some guys looked at me funny, but I didn't care.  My family member who identifies as transgender is just a young person who is trying to figure out life, make his way in the world, and mind his own business and would appreciate others doing the same.

I don’t get their argument at all. Do they honestly think a predator who’s willing to break all the laws in the world to abuse women or children would stop because a Target bathroom had a woman on it??

Like... people actually buy that? They honestly think they’re stopping sex offences by boycotting Target? Okay then. Glad humans are still as illogical as ever. Or maybe their logic goes: sex offenders are bad people, transgender individuals are bad people (yeah right), therefore they’re both the same. Logical fallacies, my favourite. 

There's a trans woman who works in one of the stores at a small mall I frequent. She walked into the bathroom ahead of me one day and do you want to know what she did? She went into a stall and closed the door behind her, privately went about her business, walked out of the stall, and washed her hands. She then walked out of the washroom and went back to her job.

That's it. She wasn't trying to peep at people in their stalls. She wasn't attempting to molest little girls. She just needed to go pee.

One thing that I think would blow the minds of these crazy people who go on a needless rampage about trans people and bathrooms... I went to a college where some of the dorm buildings were set up so that guys and girls used the same communal bathrooms, which had toilet stalls and shower stalls.

Apparently this started because the dorm floors were mixed gender, and the bathrooms used to be single sex and alternate by floor (so if you were a girl that lived on a floor with a guys' bathroom, you'd have to go up or down a floor each time you wanted to use the bathroom). The dorm building residents apparently got tired of this and just started using whatever bathroom was on their floor regardless of its designation, and the school just decided to make the bathrooms open to any gender.

You could request to be on a single-gender floor or in buildings that didn't have this layout if you so chose. I lived on a floor with an any-gender bathroom. It was fine. We all got used to it within like a day, and it became commonplace to be washing your teeth and see a boy in a towel walk out of a shower stall. A totally unremarkable event. The world didn't end. People were just there to go about their business. 

They never stop and think that they've likely already used the same bathroom while a trans person was in it, and they were fine. 

Can someone get a password so he can only use certain sites?! Like Lord Jesus We know you hate anything that isn't heteronormative and hates everyone that isn't white. 

But yeah, I went to high school with a trans woman who was not passing at the time but used the girls bathroom all the time. No one ever had a problem and the world kept spinning. It's just like he is definitely is so set in his ways.

3 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

One thing that I think would blow the minds of these crazy people who go on a needless rampage about trans people and bathrooms... I went to a college where some of the dorm buildings were set up so that guys and girls used the same communal bathrooms, which had toilet stalls and shower stalls.

I spent one night as a guest at a co-ed dorm with fully co-ed bathrooms. Like you described, it really wasn't any big deal. I was mildly apprehensive when I went to take a shower, but everything was set up so that I had perfect privacy. No one paid any attention to me and I found it just as easy to ignore all of them. 

Some witty soul needs to set up a DD satire twitter feed.

Alas, I am not that witty soul but it would probably be more entertaining than his.

24 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Some witty soul needs to set up a DD satire twitter feed.

Alas, I am not that witty soul but it would probably be more entertaining than his.

Like the satirical Donald Trump Facebook page? Whoever runs that is hysterical. :pb_lol:

Derick, I don't care who's in the bathroom with me as long as they don't piss on the seat. And they wash their hands after.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Derick, I don't care who's in the bathroom with me as long as they don't piss on the seat. And they wash their hands after.

And they don't talk on their cell while they're in there.  

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And they wash their hands after

I actually shouted at a woman in Heathrow who bolted from the stall to the door, bypassing the sinks. There were many people in line for the bathroom, and as she went past I said, "WASH YOUR HANDS!" Loudly. Sometimes my filter gets dislodged. Anyway. She didn't. And people near my filterless self actually thanked me for saying something. Nasty-ass woman.

In my experience straight cis men (like Derick) are far more dangerous than any other demographic anyway. Can we just ban them from everywhere? Or at the very least, can we ban the ones who go on hateful twitter rampages? I don't want him anywhere near my local target or its bathrooms 

1 minute ago, brusselsgriffon said:

straight cis men (like Derick) are far more dangerous than any other demographic anyway.

My hubby is straight cis. He's not dangerous. He's tolerant, accepting, and completely understanding of anyone/everyone.

12 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I actually shouted at a woman in Heathrow who bolted from the stall to the door, bypassing the sinks. There were many people in line for the bathroom, and as she went past I said, "WASH YOUR HANDS!" Loudly. Sometimes my filter gets dislodged. Anyway. She didn't. And people near my filterless self actually thanked me for saying something. Nasty-ass woman.

I keep wipes in my purse for when it's crowded or the counters are all wet and sloppy with others' bad behavior, or there is the old time pink soap that makes my hands itch. Habit from having had so many kids. She probably didn't do that, though.

20 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My hubby is straight cis. He's not dangerous. He's tolerant, accepting, and completely understanding of anyone/everyone.

So is my significant other. But let's face it, the majority of people responsible for  acts of violence, rape, subjugation and domination of women, school shootings, regular mass shootings, intolerant homophobic bible thumpers, white supremacists,  and so on and so on, are predominantly straight white males.
In this western part of our world at least, they are born with the MOST societal privilege and opportunity. They have done for hundreds of years, centuries of history, written by white men in powerful positions, wars waged by the same men.

Yes, your husband is all of these things that makes a straight cis white male a good person. I'm sure we all know those guys, the "good ones" who haven't used their privilege to manipulate, subjugate, take advantage of, or abuse women. But SO many men who are also straight-cis, white and male have. And we MUST recognize that reality, and become aware of how powerful that privilege has been in the upholding of the patriarchy.

It's not about bathrooms anymore than it was ever about water fountains.

So true!  It's about fear and refusal to identify our common humanity.

I've been following Derick's posts for a week or two, trying to get a handle on how his mind works.  He's very good at rationalizing offensive behavior in the name of the Lord.  Nevertheless, he has chosen to get up on his twitter soapbox about the very issue that his mother-in-law pushed to the point that the family hypocrisy was exposed.  The idea that M2F trans people will molest children in public bathrooms is absurd.  It's not about bathrooms.  

What is it about for Derick?  He seems very uncomfortable with uncertainty.  Today he's posting about absolute, objective truth.   The fact that men can be women (and vice versa) is deeply disturbing to many people.  First he called it a myth.  Then he admits it's a real phenomenon, but one that is dishonorable.

I can't get over the fact that his tweets open the door to all sorts of snark and downright nasty comments about his wife's molestation by her brother.  What kind of person chooses to repeatedly expose a loved one's woundedness to mockery?  He's deluded if he thinks beating on the drum that exposed the family secret is a good way to promote the cause of Christ.  Yes, he hides behind that rationale, but in effect he is shadowboxing.  It's not about trans people, although they are the visible target of his considerable anxiety. 

I think It's about not knowing.  I doubt Derick knew Jill had been molested when they married.  She embodied a shining star of purity culture, which was ultimately shown to be riddled with deceit.  It's an unfortunate truth that underneath their coverings, many people aren't what they appear to be.  That is what Derick faces if he looks in the mirror of self reflection.  Painful, no?  It's easier to take the outward covering of a martyr than find the courage to radically rethink basic assumptions about truth and reality.   

• samurai_sarah pinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived