IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, Fluffy14 said:

Just like I thought, anyone who really expresses themselves intimately gets told to go away....it's like I said before in an earlier thread, nobody wants to hear it. Thanks for the sentiment.

There is a big difference between acknowledging the limits of a very public forum and being told to go away. With all gentleness, I wish you peace.  These are very emotional posts, and FJ isn't necessarily the best place for that kind of processing.  There are other vastly more appropriate places which can provide peace and healing instead of agitation and anger...but FJ isn't that place.  

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

There is a big difference between acknowledging the limits of a very public forum and being told to go away. With all gentleness, I wish you peace.  These are very emotional posts, and FJ isn't necessarily the best place for that kind of processing.  There are other vastly more appropriate places which can provide peace and healing instead of agitation and anger...but FJ isn't that place.  

All of this. The Duggar women are women who have been raised to believe that having other emotions besides hating sin and joy in Jesus are evil. If they show anything other than that, they are Bad Christians (TM). Their responses to their trauma are influenced by their upbringing, and they're not going to act in the same way because of that.

Serious question here...how can there be such detailed recollection of abuse that took place at two years old? I remember nothing about being two years old. I know horrible shit happens, but will the poor little one recall it or would someone have to tell the child when it was older? And why would anybody do that? If consciousness of abuse matters on the awfulness scale (it doesn't), then abuse of a two year old would be no worse than that of a sleeping child. I can't believe I'm writing this shit.

Unfortunately, more than a few of us are victims of childhood sexual abuse here on FJ. We are generally a pretty compassionate bunch. That compassion has been misused at times, and some come here wanting far more emotional support than this forum can provide, a therapeutic level of support even. It gets ugly and disruptive, but will run it's course and hopefully the problem person will get the help they need and stop posting here.  Ugh.

Let's move this thread along. 

Does anyone know of any fun Halloween crafts I do with my consumers? Keep in mind two of them are severely developmentally disabled. 

3 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Does anyone know of any fun Halloween crafts I do with my consumers? Keep in mind two of them are severely developmentally disabled. 

Could you print off mask outlines and have them color them, glue feathers/buttons/other stuff on?

34 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Thanks I appreciate the fucking effort you fucking hypocritical  woman. You  have more compassion for every fucking one else on here except for me. Nice. Why don't you just keep on victim shaming me, belittling me , calling me names....you are more worried about a rich, family on tv..... than a woman who sits in front of you telling you only a tidbit of the fucking shit and you have the gall to call me an asshole and minimize everything I wrote and expressed.  all the while saying you are a champion for victims.  And then kicking me in the ass saying I need more therapy.  Your true colours are showing.

I feel like your trying to make the forum choose between compassion for you and the duggars or something. Lots of people have said they don't want the Duggars to win any money and it's never delved into what this has. Why because it's an opinion people can agree to disagree on. Your the one attacking people here and trying to say it's not fair when they attack back. Your the one dictating what survivors have to feel/how they have to publically act/what they need to have gone trough. This isn't a support group. I think this thread has become very unhealthy for you. 

28 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Just like I thought, anyone who really expresses themselves intimately gets told to go away....it's like I said before in an earlier thread, nobody wants to hear it. Thanks for the sentiment.

Lots of people share intimate details here and don't get told to go away. Your issue is your trying to turn this thread into a support group focused on you or something which it isn't. There are healthier places for you to express yourself I encourage you to find one. 

2 hours ago, cascarones said:

I too am curious on how damages are awarded and if more about their contracts will come to light. When claiming lost income, do they have to claim it as an individual or can they claim "lost family income" at the couple level. My timeline of events might be off, but the scandal broke around when Derick left Walmart and they left for CA, could the Dillard's argue using his Walmart salary and such severe emotional trauma they moved to a remote country to have some peace in assessing damages? Or is it only Jill's potential income? In my head, it makes logical sense to include the financial impact on the entire family, but I'm not familiar with the legal  precedents.

ETA: @KelseyAnn all of the virtual hugs, chocolate, affectionate kitty headbumps I can send your way.

IDD born 4/6/15

DD had a paternity leave and jaw surgery between early April and mid May 2015

DD quit WM in pursuit of other interests mid May 2015

Molestations revealed later in May 2015

Dillard left for DA July 2015

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I am not very crafty, but I am due to get my nails done. I think I'll have them done in black with orange tips or something. 

You can get sticker decals real cheap at walmart. Just stick them on over the polish and save yourself some time. 

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Serious question here...how can there be such detailed recollection of abuse that took place at two years old? I remember nothing about being two years old. I know horrible shit happens, but will the poor little one recall it or would someone have to tell the child when it was older? And why would anybody do that? If consciousness of abuse matters on the awfulness scale (it doesn't), then abuse of a two year old would be no worse than that of a sleeping child. I can't believe I'm writing this shit.

Unfortunately, yes, there are people who would remember being abused at the age of 2. For some reason I have a lot of memories from the age of 2 (and used to think everyone did). I was not abused, but had I been, I most likely would have remembered it.

5 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Could you print off mask outlines and have them color them, glue feathers/buttons/other stuff on?

Oh! They'll love that!

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I am not very crafty, but I am due to get my nails done. I think I'll have them done in black with orange tips or something. 

I’m still in all my summer polish colors because it’s still so darn hot here in Florida! Quite a lot of times we get some cooler weather but this year is one of those that Mother Nature says “NOPE! Have some July, friends!” My current color is turquoise because I’m having trouble getting in a fall state of mind. :D 

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

You are making me think of an old co-worker I had!! She would get her nails done every week, and for the holidays, she would get special ones. For Halloween, she had the nails pained in orange or black, with little hand-painted features, such as a candy corn, a black cat, a pumpkin and so on. Kind of gaudy, but I loved it!!

I'm possibly doing rice krispy treats with bat shaped cookie cutters to cut them out with
and possibly tootsie pop ghosts  (you know, this level of skill:)

And GLOW SLIME, because glow slime is awesome (although it's tricky to make glow slime if you use a PVOH based glue--to opaque.  It works better if you can buy/make PVOH-which is transparent.  But you can buy PVOH on amazon and put it into solution at home in a microwave)

@KelseyAnn , I would suggest looking up some ideas on Pinterest (maybe those geared toward young children), but you might need some rescue ferrets...at least I do when I go on Pinterest. :ferret::ferret:

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Unfortunately, yes, there are people who would remember being abused at the age of 2. For some reason I have a lot of memories from the age of 2 (and used to think everyone did). I was not abused, but had I been, I most likely would have remembered it.

I hear you, we are all different. I was the opposite, thinking that memories of being two were uncommon. I'll have to research this a bit when  I have a little more time. Experiencing and recalling my abuse at 8, 9, and 10 was bad enough, it turns my stomach to think of a toddler going through this. I don't remember anything from before I was four or so. Interesting. 

@Fluffy14I am going to briefly respond one last time and then hopefully this thread will move on.

I agree with others. If you are truly suffering from the abuse you say you endured, then please seek help for it. RAINN is an excellent place to start:

https://www.rainn.org/about-national-sexual-assault-telephone-hotline

I would strongly suggest you consider giving the hotline on the website a call. The trained professionals can connect you to a professional to speak with and is completely confidential. 

And just a reminder, but FJ is NOT a support group and it is NOT a safe space. No one here is capable of giving you the type of help you may need in order to begin healing. This thread does not seem to be a healthy place or topic for you at all and I strongly suggest you step away before this gets any worse.

14 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Here are some suggestions!

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/g1566/easy-halloween-craft-ideas/?

I can’t wait for Halloween activities to start up. It’s my daughter’s first Halloween and I can’t wait to dress her up in her costume (she’s going to be a pumpkin!) 

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/g1566/easy-halloween-craft-ideas/?

I can’t wait for Halloween activities to start up. It’s my daughter’s first Halloween and I can’t wait to dress her up in her costume (she’s going to be a pumpkin!) 

Thanks!

And I know you don't post pics of your baby, but I'll bet she'll be the cutest pumpkin ever! 

@KelseyAnnyes, check out Pintrest they have loads of ideas for adults with disabilities. I'm in the make everything from paper plates club- masks, jellyfish, teddy bears, etc.

@KelseyAnn I'm on a pinterest break, because it will break my brain wedding planning. That being said, cutting sponges into basic shapes and using them to create Halloween art with paint is always fun, or creating the balloon ghosts. When my grandfather was at the Alzheimer's home they would make "spooky stew" and everyone at craft time would add something to the pot either with a story they could tell or one made up by the caregivers and give a few stirs. I was Ariel/Abu from Aladdin (exhibiting excellent costume taste at age 4) that year and put in some random piece of seaweed I'd brought to show him.

1 hour ago, unholypoledancer said:

For Halloween, she had the nails pained in orange or black, with little hand-painted features, such as a candy corn, a black cat, a pumpkin and so on. Kind of gaudy, but I loved it!!

I feel like the typical fashion rules go out the window for something like Halloween... those sound so fun! I may have to go get some fun Halloween nails done tomorrow now. :D 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Small pumpkins you can paint faces on

We have a very strict no knives policy where I work, so this is our go to for Halloween. The participants love it! Last year someone donated a bunch of those fake foam pumpkins so people were able to keep their art well past Halloween if they wanted to.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived