IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

Rick, via FamTeam on FB, posted their new website will be soon be up and running with... wait for it... a montage of scenes from VV. 

Be still my heart.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon?! When is Soon?! Doesn't Rick know how exciting this is! How dare he not give us an exact date! I want to start a countdown! :penguin-no::penguin-wink:

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Soon?! When is Soon?!

Just so long as Rick doesn't measure time like Aslan! :pb_lol:

"Do not look sad. We shall meet soon again."

"Please, Aslan", said Lucy, "what do you call soon?"

"I call all times soon," said Aslan; and instantly he was vanished away.

C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

On 12/14/2017 at 1:03 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Just so long as Rick doesn't measure time like Aslan! :pb_lol:

Alas, he does.   Its been days now since he posted the link to famteam.com and the site remains as dead as Jacob Marley.

Further proof that Rick lives in a different time zone in his own private Idaho. 

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Further proof that Rick lives in a different time zone in his own private Idaho. 

Idaho has enough problems of its own. Rick can have his own private somewhere else. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Idaho has enough problems of its own. Rick can have his own private somewhere else. :pb_lol:

I don't wish him on the state!

From the urban dictionary:   It means "living inside an Idaho potato", or a very small space. Metaphorically, it refers to someone who is not paying attention because he is daydreaming, or under the influence, or otherwise wrapped up within his own very narrow sphere of interest or frame of reference.

That's our Rick!

@JenniferJuniper--My original exposure to the phrase is from the 90s movie by that title, with River Phoenix. I've never seen it, just heard of it.

Idaho is currently stuck with Doug Wilson, Followers of Christ (who will not see any doctors and don't face prosecution when their children die from medical neglect), and Raul Labrador, tea party nitwit. Rick is fairly benign in comparison. At least he only messes up his own family. :(

This thread!  I pop in like once or twice a year.  I have a nasty little scenario in my head.  I'm single, get the hottest ( dude on the left in that one pic) one alone and we play hide the penguin.  He never goes home again and we proceed with training the penguin.   :pickle: :dance: 

ETA: the shhhh thing happens a lot in this fantasy.  " no need for words hun...."  

38 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Idaho is currently stuck with Doug Wilson, Followers of Christ (who will not see any doctors and don't face prosecution when their children die from medical neglect), and Raul Labrador, tea party nitwit. Rick is fairly benign in comparison. At least he only messes up his own family. :(

Idaho is one of the few places in the US I've never been.  Funnily enough, I stumbled upon a House Hunters the other night set in Idaho Falls.  Looks pretty - and the houses were dirt cheap.  I'm guessing there's like 0% diversity though.

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm guessing there's like 0% diversity though.

I don't know eastern Idaho very well, but that is probably true. 

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

Speaking of Idaho, maybe it's time to watch Napoleon Dynamite again.  

It's always time to watch ND again!

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

This thread!  I pop in like once or twice a year.  I have a nasty little scenario in my head.  I'm single, get the hottest ( dude on the left in that one pic) one alone and we play hide the penguin.  He never goes home again and we proceed with training the penguin.   :pickle: :dance: 

ETA: the shhhh thing happens a lot in this fantasy.  " no need for words hun...."  

YMMV, but,  things that would be seen as really awful for a male poster to say about a girl are kinda really just as off-putting when they're said about a boy.

Soon probably means after they re-film eleventy scenes in the summer, fall and spring. Then another few seasons are needed for editing. So I say, the montage will be ready in another two to three. The film itself will be finish two weeks after the first wedding of one of the sons. So, twelve days from never. 

16 hours ago, dawbs said:

YMMV, but,  things that would be seen as really awful for a male poster to say about a girl are kinda really just as off-putting when they're said about a boy.

I understand what you are saying and appologies for offending.  Sometimes I forget FJ is not the right forum to post a naughty comment when feeling sassy.  The Ardnt boy is more than willing in my scenario, of course.  

I am beginning to believe that VV won't be finished in my lifetime. Or Rick's lifetime. It can't even be left to Arndt grandkids to finish since none of the children will get married and have children. 

53 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I am beginning to believe that VV won't be finished in my lifetime. Or Rick's lifetime. It can't even be left to Arndt grandkids to finish since none of the children will get married and have children. 

this is my question, all Jim-Bob can talk about is how many grandchildren he's going to have, don't these people want grandchildren? every time I go down this family rabbit hole I get freaked out. I mean it haunts me...

I don't think Rick or Cathy truly want grandchildren. They like things how they are, and don't want anything to change. If asked, they'd probably give lip service to wanting grandchildren, but deep down, they have no desire to see anything new or different in their lives. 

6 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I don't think Rick or Cathy truly want grandchildren. They like things how they are, and don't want anything to change. If asked, they'd probably give lip service to wanting grandchildren, but deep down, they have no desire to see anything new or different in their lives. 

I think I know why the Arndts love penguins.  At least for emperor penguins, the males sit on the nest until the eggs hatch.  I think you know where I'm going with this.  Anyway, with humans, it would involve another human female that is not Cathy and how awkward would that be? 

Rick doesn't want to work and Cathy doesn't want any other woman (Other than M.E); so I don't think that they want grandchildren. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

ITA on this.  While I think they like the idea of grandchildren, at the same time that means some significant changes taking place that changes their role in their children's lives and they can't abide that.  This may or may not be conscious on their parts as I can see that, years down the pike, they are lamenting the fact they don't have grandchildren, not fully understanding their role in that state of affairs.

Actually, sadder than Rick and Cathy not having grandchildren, it's the fact that their kids' potential is being completely squashed all for their parents' needs.

Vine Valley will be released shortly after Winds of Winter, but just before the Maxwells publish the Pizza Cutter Lettuce Technique.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived