IGNORED

Winter might be extra ughtastic

47of74

Looks like winter might be extra ugh this year

If the lingering summer temps have you wondering when sweater weather will finally hit, don't worry. Winter is on its way, and this won't be a mild, light jacket affair. Meteorologists are predicting an above-average snowfall will bury the Northeast, with subzero temperatures chilling the Plains to a not-so-toasty negative 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

Both the New York City and Boston areas could see an extra 6 inches this season, so treat yo' self to a new snow shovel, or maybe even a slopeside trip. "This year is going to bring a good ski season in the Northeast," says AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok. "And around the holidays we should have some snow for the interior Northeast."

The Farmer's Almanac predicted a similar season for New England when it announced this year's forecast in August. According to the guide's 200-year-old formula, the Atlantic seaboard will see big storms on January 20-23; February 4-7 and 16-19; and March 1-3.

While those Midwest winters are always never-going-outside-again cold, the Plains region and Great Lakes areas can expect especially frigid temps going into 2018. Pastelok is predicting regular subzero readings, including that frightening negative 30 number. While he says the Dakotas should see less snow, the Rockies can expect a solid dumping. The ski season is shaping up there as well thanks to a weak La Niña, an ocean-atmosphere phenomenon associated with cooler temperatures in the Pacific Ocean.

Winter is coming indeed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• HarryPotterFan

HarryPotterFan

Happy Shavuot to all those who celebrate! I have no idea why, but for some reason God commands us to eat ice cream. Well, dairy. So eat cheese! Eat pizza! Eat ice cream! Eat cheesecake! It has no calories because God commands us to do so!
      · 5 replies
    • Jinder Roles

Jinder Roles

I know it’s just a beauty contest but this is the 4th time Jamaica was snubbed in favour of 5 contestants who were clones (with the exception of Peru) 
      Still can’t believe Mexico won. Even Olivia Culpo was looking at the results confused😂
      Shoutout to Haiti, Canada, Thailand and Myanmar who were also snubbed. 
      · 0 replies
    • Mela99

Mela99

I really love gobs.
      · 1 reply
    • EmCatlyn

EmCatlyn

Tired and confused,
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

Jinder Roles

I've somehow invested in this year's Miss Universe pageant. After watching the prelims my favorites are: 
      1. Jamaica (naturally lol but she's doing well)
      2. Haiti (love her energy) 
      3. Great Britain 
      4. Bahamas 
      5. Canada (a beauty! absolutely stunning!)
      6. Japan (adorable) 
      7. Cameroon (also adorable w/ an amazing costume) 
      8. Myanmar (seems sweet)
      9. Vietnam 
      10. Thailand 
      11. USA (I'm rooting for everybody black lol) 
      Not a fan of these but I think they'll place: South Africa, Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Peru, Australia, Denmark, Ireland, Dom Rep. 
      If they make Zozi (the current Ms. Universe) give the crown to a white girl from Pretoria, I will scream. 
      · 1 reply
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?  »  church_of_dog

I just made a lovely discovery! Type a colon, then a ) without any spaces. Then type a space. 

I am ridiculously happy to discover this! (I also have a nagging feeling that I should have figured this out sooner...)
      · 11 replies
    • louisa05

louisa05

I’ve got a pack of rude sixth graders this morning. Ugh. 
      · 6 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

Aren't I too old to forget to eat lunch?  
      So now....do eat a late salad and be cranky before bed because I want dinner and it's too late to eat or....do I tough out the afternoon cranky at my desk and eat dinner?  
      The dilemma is real.  
      · 3 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

2nd Pfizer tomorrow!
      · 10 replies
    • Workingmom

Workingmom

So excited, happy. Finally I got my vaccination appointment. The first on the 26th of May , the second on my birthday.  Staying at home is no option, because I work in healthcare, with very close patientcontact. (I make mammograms). Hopefully I can relax a bit more after my vaccination and let the anxiety go.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.