IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

Whit looks good. And HAPPY. But don't worry y'all. She has family around so her kids aren't in evil daycare. (Still proud of her though)

IMG_2713.PNG

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m actually a bit impressed and jealous. It seems like Whit and Zach figured out a pretty decent arrangement - the kids get to be with family, Whit seems really happy, and they’re getting a nice income boost. 

This is one of the few times I’ll say this willingly, but good job to Zach and Whitney (especially Whitney.)

I'm kind of skeptical. The realtors I know work lots of Saturdays and Sundays, and they often have to be available in the evening and at the last minute. It must be VERY part time.

13 hours ago, Hisey said:

I'm kind of skeptical. The realtors I know work lots of Saturdays and Sundays, and they often have to be available in the evening and at the last minute. It must be VERY part time.

I'd go with very part time. Either that or she's just not being honest about how much time she's putting in. Every one of my realtor friends all put in a lot of hours at first to get their name out there, then were able to back off some. Or it could just be that it's a small town and she's well known - so finding clients could very well come easy to her and she doesn't have to work at it much. One of my good friends who is a realtor is also a young mom of a 2 year old and currently pregnant. She got her license probably 9 months before getting pregnant with her first but does pretty much all her work from home. BUT...she's also pretty well known in our town and right in that age group (she's 24) where most of her friends are starting to buy their first house so she's got a built in client case without even having to go out and hunt for them.

2 hours ago, LillyP said:

I'd go with very part time. Either that or she's just not being honest about how much time she's putting in. Every one of my realtor friends all put in a lot of hours at first to get their name out there, then were able to back off some. Or it could just be that it's a small town and she's well known - so finding clients could very well come easy to her and she doesn't have to work at it much. One of my good friends who is a realtor is also a young mom of a 2 year old and currently pregnant. She got her license probably 9 months before getting pregnant with her first but does pretty much all her work from home. BUT...she's also pretty well known in our town and right in that age group (she's 24) where most of her friends are starting to buy their first house so she's got a built in client case without even having to go out and hunt for them.

Also, I thought that realtors have to go sit at open houses, and will often cover for other realtors at open houses. 

I tend to doubt that Whitney's meetings and showings land exactly when Zach is off work. I have worked part-time myself, and have a husband with an erratic schedule. Almost never would the stars align so that he was off when I needed to work. 

I think Grandma Kelly homeschools and has young chldren as well as older daughters. As a result, Kelly or her older girls are generally home to watch Whitney's kids. I'll bet that's where they go 95% of the time. A grandma watching the grandkids so that mom can work. 

50 minutes ago, Hisey said:

An grandma aunt watching the grandkids so that mom can work. 

FTFY.   Kelly Bates isn't exactly a great hands-on mother, so I'd be surprised if she was different with the grandkids than her own.  I'm guessing Katie is looking after them, and Tori and Carlin when they're home.  And if Katie follows Carlin and Josie into a young Courtship/pre-Courtship relationship, when she hits 18 next year, well, Addallee will be 12 next year, definitely old enough to take on aunt-mom duties.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:05 PM, neurogirl said:

Whit looks good. And HAPPY. But don't worry y'all. She has family around so her kids aren't in evil daycare. (Still proud of her though)

Spoiler

IMG_2713.PNG

It makes me kinda sad that she even has to explain this to perfect strangers. 

I used "spoiler" for the first time. not sure i did it right 

8 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

It makes me kinda sad that she even has to explain this to perfect strangers. 

that bothered me, too, when i first read it, but i didn't say anything right away because i didn't know who the person asking was.  if she is indeed a stranger, then the answer should have been, "none of your fucking business."  (well, Whitney would probably never say that)  

i have no reason to care about  Zach/Whit beyond casual curiosity, but the question is intrusive, regardless of who they are.  i'm glad to know i'm not the only one bothered by it.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

I'd I agree that pets would make a horrible gift from someone outside of the household, especially if the parents aren't on board.

Close second is gifting toddlers/young children drum sets. :pb_lol:

I am so bad--I always gave kids gifts that were messy, loud, etc.  I'm better now, but sometimes I give in to temptation, especially if I'm not so fond of the kid's parents.

6 hours ago, Granwych said:

I am so bad--I always gave kids gifts that were messy, loud, etc.  I'm better now, but sometimes I give in to temptation, especially if I'm not so fond of the kid's parents.

I once saw a Frozen-branded recorder flute that came packaged with sheet music for Let It Go. That's pretty much the ultimate "fuck you" gift to someone with young children.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I once saw a Frozen-branded recorder flute that came packaged with sheet music for Let It Go. That's pretty much the ultimate "fuck you" gift to someone with young children.

Or the despicable me fart blaster. Granted I do want one for myself, and have gifted it to my 37 yo brother. Yes, our sense of humor is that of a 10 yo boy :pb_lol:

I don't see a problem with a stranger asking Whitney if her kids are in day care now. a.) She's not a random private person, but a Z-list "celebrity" who willing puts her business out there. b.) It wasn't even a rude, judgmental "are you putting your kids in day care, you horrible heathen mother" type question, just a neutral one. and c.) Whitney is under no obligation to answer, of course. I see nothing wrong with the question, and apparently neither did Whitney.

50 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I don't see a problem with a stranger asking Whitney if her kids are in day care now. a.) She's not a random private person, but a Z-list "celebrity" who willing puts her business out there. b.) It wasn't even a rude, judgmental "are you putting your kids in day care, you horrible heathen mother" type question, just a neutral one. and c.) Whitney is under no obligation to answer, of course. I see nothing wrong with the question, and apparently neither did Whitney.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I'm really rude now, because if I were talking to a cousin or new co-worker and they mentioned how they'd just gone back to work, I can see myself asking what they were doing for childcare. Either answer is value neutral to me. 

Is this something that's considered private? I don't consider it any different from asking someone where they live or what school their kids go to.

Actually, I think that given the context (Whitney belongs to a fundie family that condemns women working outside of the home), the question was a pretty loaded one. It was "Are you violating one of the most important codes of your clan?" 

Actually, I thought she responded pretty defensively. Like she was glad to have a chance to put this issue to bed. "I am with my kids every day." (Even moms that work are generally with their kids every day, Whitney)

I think it is great she is working, as opposed to drifting along hoping TLC or UT will support them. I do think she's being a bit disingenuous about whose watching them. I doubt its mostly Zach. Most likely Kelly (or the older girls) is always home and she just drops them off with them. She's lucky to have that arrangement. 

I know it's a heathen thought, but could Lawson actually be watching the kids? I know it's women's work, but if Whitney is working maybe ..... (WiseGirl trails off knowing better, but wanting the Zach Bates family to break free...two kids, two jobs....but I won't hold my breath).

Whitney sells houses and have meetings. Erin teaches music. No way these jobs can be done with 2/3 toddlers around.  So Bates home IS actually a daycare. Full stop. 

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

I know it's a heathen thought, but could Lawson actually be watching the kids? I know it's women's work, but if Whitney is working maybe ..... (WiseGirl trails off knowing better, but wanting the Zach Bates family to break free...two kids, two jobs....but I won't hold my breath).

It was most likely for Bradley’s third birthday party. It looks like some of the kids are wearing the same clothes in the photo Kelly shared:

85EDE4D1-D3EB-4D43-8B2A-5D095BA7BA3F.thumb.png.0b7425e75941b24b1beed18b62b4a6e4.png 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

It was most likely for Bradley’s third birthday party.  

So just the normal use kids as an accessory to get the fundie maiden hearts racing.....

On 27/10/2017 at 1:58 PM, WhoompThereItIs said:

Or the despicable me fart blaster. 

My nephew got that one Christmas, it was annoying and not needed as both him and his brother fart enough on their own.

I agree about the daycare question being intrusive, it is not anyone's business who watches the kids when both Whitney and Zach work. Whitney answered it better than I would have. 

On 10/29/2017 at 10:46 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Whitney sells houses and have meetings. Erin teaches music. No way these jobs can be done with 2/3 toddlers around.  So Bates home IS actually a daycare. Full stop. 

Erin may teach music to kids who aren't homeschooled in which case hubby could be home in the evening watching the kids.  If Whitney gets a sale a quarter their income will improve.  More than that would be amazing if she's doing it that part-time unless she's working for a relative's agency.  But, on the whole, I think you are right. Slip a couple kids in Mom's front door and see if anyone notices. The Bates have had to let go of their adult kids--financially they were not where the Duggars were when they got the tv show.  Tree work just isn't that highly paid! The oldest kids have had to make it on their own. I imagine all are now getting respectable checks from the show, but I doubt it will let any of the kids quit working entirely.

There is also the issue that if she works for commission only then she couldn’t afford daycare costs. Same reason lots of working mothers use relatives for childcare.

I honestly don't think the Bates would have a problem with Lawson or Trace babysitting relatives from time to time. I assume their gender teachings would not permit them to become nannies or start up their own daycare but I am sure they would think it was OK for them to do so once in a while and perhaps even encourage it. They would probably say it was good training for when they have kids of their own. As far as I know both the Bates and Duggar dads take care of their children alone on occasion, at least letting a few tag along on a trip to the store or so. The Duggars had their issue with Josh that might have made them more careful (not saying "good careful") and not allow such things but since there is no indication of the same problem with the Bates I doubt they would think twice about letting Lawson babysit his nieces and nephews or his younger siblings.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived