IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

We'll know John has truly rebelled if that is the case. That would be an insanely long courtship by Maxhell standards.

Yes, I know. I'm not saying I actually think they started courting in January, just that there's no reason to think the courtship started specifically in June just because some random person found out in June. ;) Or it could have started in June. Who knows?! We'll have to wait for their story. Oh boy, will that ever be exciting!

(Umm, who am I kidding? I am totally impatient to read their story, in all its boring, bizarre, stilted, messed up glory.)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, terranova said:

Michelle looks positively amazing in that photo. The slimline skirt suits her.

Was it Elissa's family, or the Muncks that had to delete posts after making an annoucement of some kind? I feel like it was Elizabeth's family.  I hope the Bontraggers have more spine.

I had not followed the Munck family at all back then so I can't answer that. I do remember that the parents of Anna (Pristopher's wife) had made a Facebook post about a new granddaughter (this was right after Ruthie was born) and wrote "pictures coming soon."  Later, the whole announcement was gone. It really gave me a creepy vibe to imagine Pristopher telling his wife to contact her parents and make them delete a post. 

13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I had not followed the Munck family at all back then so I can't answer that. I do remember that the parents of Anna (Pristopher's wife) had made a Facebook post about a new granddaughter (this was right after Ruthie was born) and wrote "pictures coming soon."  Later, the whole announcement was gone. It really gave me a creepy vibe to imagine Pristopher telling his wife to contact her parents and make them delete a post. 

That's awful. He is really possessive of Anna and the kids. Remember that pic from her brother's wedding where she was a bridesmaid? Everyone was close together, but Prissy was pulling at Anna's arm and they were slightly off to the side from everyone else. It was very weird and creepy. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But the real question is...

will JB and Michelle sit front and center at this wedding too? :my_confused:

Image: The Duggar Duo fighting Jill And Printerman Rodrigues for the seats!

My money would be on the Rodriguii. If nothing else, Printerman could bodyslam both Boob & Meeech at the same time. 

ETA: My first surf of today was to the Maxblog. Still showing off Mel’s mad homeskoolin’ skillz!  Viva John! Viva Chelsy! Free Poor Sarah and The Rest!!!

1 minute ago, MamaJunebug said:

My money would be on the Rodriguii. If nothing else, Printerman could bodyslam both Boob & Meeech at the same time. 

Jill Rod would think she had died and gone to heaven if she was invited to this wedding. Sorry Jill, no invite for you! 

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So who will be on this guest list amongst the fundies we talk about on FJ? I don't think Jill Rod knows them so she's out. But lots of ATI people will have to be there right? Duggars for sure and probably the Staddons. The Wissmans won't be there since that's when Mathias is getting married. Maybe a few fundies will have to choose the Wissman wedding over this one. The Bontragers have met the Bates family but I don't think they are close. 

The Linzeys (previously discussed on the fundie relationships/wedding thread) and the Burnetts will probably be there, as the three families all know each other and are friends. Rebecca K!!!!!! and family (Hiswayserves blog) will almost certainly attend, as they've known the Bontragers for quite a while and Rebecca and Chelsy were pen pals at one point. @Captain Obvious, I saw Gil and Kelly Bates in the audience at the single Bontrager wedding, so I expect they'll attend this one too.

I think the Bontragers are probably pretty in with the IBLP crowd given that they're friends with the Burnetts. I'm sure they know the Staddons, though whether they know them well enough to invite them to a wedding is another matter I suppose. 

I expect they're friends with various other large fundie singing families, though I dare say some of those will be attending the Wissmann wedding instead. I'm actually very surprised that the Bontrager and Wissmann weddings are clashing. The two families have been friends for a long time. Maybe it would be different if it was a female Wissmann getting married?

Oh, and we mustn't forget the Bowerses, now that they're Bontrager in-laws!

ETA: I dare say the Maxwell hangers-on the Corrals will be there, too.

40 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

i was thinking similar things!  

Question:  if Boob and Meeech were already in the front row, would Jill ditch Printerman (i love that name!) at the door to squeeze in between them?  

really, though, i think Jill is such a figurative tornado of insanity that if the Maxwells know anything about her, they'd do everything possible to keep her away.  she probably has the ability to give some of them heart palpitations.  

imagine the scene if she had the audacity to crash the wedding.

I'm imagining this scene right now in my head and it's glorious. I see them arriving in their RV last minute in heinous dresses, with way too much hair and make-up, looking overall trashy. Jill being noisy and bratty and entering the church right before the bride walks down the aisle. I hope this will happen. And I hope there will be a livestream!

18 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I'm imagining this scene right now in my head and it's glorious. I see them arriving in their RV last minute in heinous dresses, with way too much hair and make-up, looking overall trashy. Jill being noisy and bratty and entering the church right before the bride walks down the aisle. I hope this will happen. And I hope there will be a livestream!

I want to see some of the Bontrager Amish relatives giving  some serious sideeye to Jill's bedazzled trailertrash outfit.

6 am on Monday, October 9, 2017, The Bon blog announced. I’ll be happy to start the clock:

Noon on Wednesday, October 11, 2017—

—54 hours that titus2.com has ignored John’s engagement!

27 minutes ago, emesbe said:

I don't know when we started calling him Pristopher, but I love it!

Not sure if I'd seen it before but I started typing "Prissy Christopher" and decided I was too lazy - so Pristopher just appeared on my screen yesterday or the day before. 

I think the hand of God was involved. 

Quick change of subject to Terifying: I’ve argued before that she’d look better with shorter hair. Others have argued that she looks fine. I offer  This on my side of the debate. 

Just think how fresh she’d look and feel at the wedding IN IOWA! :content:

MJB: I know! I keep checking the blog and NOTHING on the engagement! How sad is that? BUT read the latest Dad' Corner if you need a chuckle or want to bang your head on your computer desk...

8 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

MJB: I know! I keep checking the blog and NOTHING on the engagement! How sad is that? BUT read the latest Dad' Corner if you need a chuckle or want to bang your head on your computer desk...

I just read his latest Dad's corner. I WANT to bang my head against the wall. 

3 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I just read his latest Dad's corner. I WANT to bang my head against the wall. 

Can you post it here? Nevermind I found it, ugh...he's so ridiculous. 

Well, the wedding's in Iowa, but the Bontragers have a new blog post up today about Chelsy that says, "She actually just quit her job in order to have time to plan her wedding and work on their new house with her fiancé, John. (a few newly discovered interests are carpentry + interior design!)" and "We will miss her so much when she moves to Kansas." So it sounds like she's moving to the Maxwell compound to live in the fixer upper John recently bought. Christopher and Anna Marie got married in her home state of Washington, but she's in the compound now, too. (You can see they got married in WA if you look at the October 2010 archives on the Maxwell blog.) Also, Joseph and Elissa probably got married in her home state of (I think) Kentucky. Sarah talks about leaving Kansas for the wedding here:

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/09/12/the-day-before-part-2/

Nathan and Melanie got married in or at least near Leavenworth, but I believe Melanie's from Kansas anyway. (You can see in the link below that Nathan was at the Maxwell home the morning of the wedding.)

http://www.titus2.com/wedding/nathan-melanie.html

Just saying there's a theme with the weddings and Chelsy may be fully absorbed into Maxwell world after she gets married.

I just looked and at least it's only around 5 hours from the B's to the M's. So maybe there will be plenty of family visits. At least they don't have to take a plane every time they want to visit. 

18 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I have a very nit picky thought. I wonder if their wedding colors will be green and...whatever. 

Pristopher and Anna had a green wedding (a very pale sage, I think).  Joseph and Elissa had a green wedding. I remember seeing the latter pictures and wondering if green was Steve's favorite color. I can see him manipulating things so that his color happens to be what the bride chooses. It seems like John and Chelsy will be strong enough to make their own decisions, though.  

As for announcing the engagement, I don't see how the Maxwells think this will play well with their readers. Sarah just mentioned on a recent post that their readers are a valued asset!  They are going to feel a little snubbed reading the news somewhere else. 

Yoouuuuu Guuuuuuyyyyyyssss! Their picture on The Knot shows them wearing green. The lettering is green. 

Dark green would be a lovely color for a December wedding but.....it's all green. 

Is green the color of fertility in Maxwell land? 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Quick change of subject to Terifying: I’ve argued before that she’d look better with shorter hair. Others have argued that she looks fine. I offer  This on my side of the debate. 

Just think how fresh she’d look and feel at the wedding IN IOWA! :content:

Eh, that woman was also wearing make-up and had her gray hair colored blond. That's a much bigger change than just a haircut. Both of those by themselves will do a lot - put that all together, yes she's going to look very different. I don't think just having a haircut will be major change for Teri. She would have to dye her hair and put on a little make up (especially her eyes) to not look so much older than she really is. 

On my screen, the wedding website colors are more aqua, purple gray and gray, not green/dark green. Perhaps they will go for more of a Winter Wonderland type of look. Hopefully not the usually fundie rustic luck they all seem to go for. 

I imagine they would have to go with how the church is decorated. Most churches are still decorated for Christmas in Dec 30th so she may be forced to incorporate red and green in her colors. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived