IGNORED

Missing 3 Year Old in Texas

AuntKrazy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

The details just make it worse. I think Sini is just as culpable as Wesley and a total liar.  

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/local/dallas-county/state-asks-sini-wesley-mathews-about-sherins-broken-bones-in-cps-hearing/287-495535415

That poor baby :( She had too little love in her short life. And a fractured femur. Wow. The femur is the strongest bone in our body. It takes a LOT of force for it to fracture/break.

article/news/local/dallas-county/sini-wesley-mathews-parental-rights-terminated-denied-reunion-with-biological-child/287-496859817

Updates.

2 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

article/news/local/dallas-county/sini-wesley-mathews-parental-rights-terminated-denied-reunion-with-biological-child/287-496859817

Updates.

That link doesn't work for me. I found this though:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/12/05/dead-toddlers-mother-continues-fighting-for-custody-of-other-child/

They lost the rights to see their biological child, and the next steps are to terminate their parental rights.

I hope they lose all rights to their other daughter, their are plenty of loving families who would give her life she deserves. 

On 10/23/2017 at 9:15 PM, smittykins said:

Reminds me of a case in my area in the 80s.  A woman claimed that her almost-2-year-old daughter had left their apartment through an unlocked door while mom was in the bathroom, then received one of her mittens in the mail a few days later.  After a couple of weeks, she led police to the girl’s body in a wooded area behind their complex(this coming just hours after giving an interview saying she’d wrapped birthday presents for her when she came home).  She then claimed she’d either died of SIDS or tangled in bedsheets—both unheard of for 2-year-olds—and admitted she’d mailed the mitten to herself, because she knew the cops wouldn’t believe her.  She was eventually convicted of manslaughter(which totally should’ve been murder).

I apologize for quoting myself, but this is one of the cases featured on the Investigation Discovery series Village of the Damned(Aliza May Bush). I live approximately an hour and a half from Dryden, NY.

I am reading a report that an investigator indicated that there were many more pictures of the bio-daughter, and that the parents told them it was because Sherin was "disfigured".  Not sure if this is a credible source or not:

http://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/no-pictures-of-sherin-mathews-in-foster-parents-home-since-she-was-disfigured/141301

I can't even begin to process this stuff.

The news has been reporting on another little 3 year old murdered by her stepfather. He and the mother claimed she was kidnapped but the FBI figured it out. Different news outlets are reporting that she was being molested and her brothers were being physically abused and the mother was aware. The bio dad tried to file for full custody last year but lost. Just makes me sick to read about this little children suffering at the hands of people who should be taking care of them. 

Warning: the link has some graphic details 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/radaronline.com/celebrity-news/mariah-woods-killer-allegedly-sexually-abused-her/amp/

3 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I am reading a report that an investigator indicated that there were many more pictures of the bio-daughter, and that the parents told them it was because Sherin was "disfigured".  Not sure if this is a credible source or not:

http://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/no-pictures-of-sherin-mathews-in-foster-parents-home-since-she-was-disfigured/141301

I can't even begin to process this stuff.

I think I read in another article that the investigators or the CPS employee who picked up the sister said there were no pictures of Sherin. What fuckers. She was clearly an adorable little girl.

2 hours ago, mstee said:

The news has been reporting on another little 3 year old murdered by her stepfather. He and the mother claimed she was kidnapped but the FBI figured it out. Different news outlets are reporting that she was being molested and her brothers were being physically abused and the mother was aware. The bio dad tried to file for full custody last year but lost. Just makes me sick to read about this little children suffering at the hands of people who should be taking care of them. 

Warning: the link has some graphic details 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/radaronline.com/celebrity-news/mariah-woods-killer-allegedly-sexually-abused-her/amp/

How did the dad not get custody? Ugh. This is where custody laws that favor the mother can really really destroy lives.

The Mariah Woods case is tragic, the mother was spotted drinking in bars after Mariah was reported missing, she obviously didn't care about her missing child. Some so called parents need to put their kids first and not their abusive partners. She failed to protect her child and deserves to rot in jail with her killer because she is just as bad for letting him abuse Mariah. I hope the dad gets custody of his sons and takes them far away from their evil mother.

As for him, I hope everyday in prison is torture for him, child killers don't have it easy in prison.

• 4 weeks later...

Hthe autopsy is in. Mom and Dad are in court today abour custody of the biological child. Child died of homicidal violence. I am not surprised and I hope the parents never see the child and never get out of jail

CBS in Dallas/Ft. Worth reports that

Sini Mathews had her bond reduced from $250,000 to $100,000 in December. If she is indeed released, she will be required to wear an electronic ankle monitor, as she is said to be a flight risk who could try to flee to her native country of India.

Based on reports that the family went out to eat leaving Sherin home ALONE at some point (days?) before she died makes the mother culpable and I suspect she'll do time.  Maybe she'll get a plea deal for a lesser sentence and give evidence against her husband.  I hope she loses custody of her biological daughter, but part of me hopes that there can be some contact with her mother.  The biological child committed no crime and has, for the time being, lost both of her parents, a traumatic event for any child.  This is so horrible in every way.  

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of international adoption in general. Some countries are better than others. However there is so much you don't know about the child and their special needs. I feel like so many people who have adopted internationally have no idea of what they are getting into. And the person hurt the most is the child. How many internationally adopted children have we seen re-homed or abused have we talked about on FJ? I feel like the list just goes on and on. It's heartbreaking.

I have a suspicion that Dad has anger issues. I think Sherin got the brunt of his anger but I still wonder if he hit the wife or the other daughter. 

The parents custody hearing was delayed until January 26

• 2 weeks later...

Just found and read this and it needs to be said: don't adopt children if you're going to abuse them and kill them. Or have kids of your own. Or exist personally.

Also, considering there are still many that are still fighting to try and make it easy to adopt children (and not always for the right reasons), it frustrates and upsets me that a child that has been accepted into a family after so much effort gets treated like garbage, neglected, abused and tossed aside.

Parents who do this to their adoptive children need to answer for this and in this case, I'm glad that this seems to be happening. No one leaves their kid out alone where they can't be seen as punishment - no one would believe that.

@purjolok84 you said " no one leaves their kid out alone where they can't be seen as punishment- no one would believe that" This!! The "story" concocted by the parents was both simultaneously horrific and completely unbelievable. I was alarmed to see people justifying the alleged punishment as "cultural". Obviously, I can't speak for a whole country of people, but in India this story wouldn't have been believed either. I mean, it's not 1857, there are not man eating animals prowling around the cul de sac. Sadly, this is another case of a beautiful child, who deserved a loving home, but was sent into hell. I seem to read these cases where children are under the watch of CPS and still end up dead. Something needs to change.

Honestly, i dont think she was ever even left outside. I suspect she was dead by the time they went to dinner. (Yes we have some.coyotes and bobcats in the suburbs but they generally leave humans alone anyway. They go after the many rabbits and occasionally cats and small dogs).

I hope they are both convicted.  When they have served their time, deport them back to their country of origin.  My heart goes out to their biological daughter.  She may have quite a difficult road ahead of her.

I can't help but wonder if the mother did it, and the father is covering for her. The way he changes his story...maybe he didn't know how she died? Something about the mother's mugshot was terrifying. 

I hadn't seen this mentioned, and we all know how scary and mean many of the moms we discuss can be...

Honestly, it's probably both parent's faults. While one parent tends to take the lead in abuse, the other is an accomplice by not making an effort to solve it. This entire case is heartbreaking. I hope the parents get the book thrown at them, and since this is Texas, I wonder if death penalty will be on the table?

The reports are staring her autopsy showed multiple healed fractures in different stages of healing and a doctor had reported concerns previously. This was not new. That poor baby had lived in hell for awhile.

Oh death penalty is on the table at this point. It's a capital.murder charge and public opinion will be likely in favor of it. 

I dont think its a situation of the father covering up for the mom. The PD took enough forensic evidence and waited this long to make sure they have real evidence to get Wesley. I think he is just an idiot.

Archived