IGNORED

Missing 3 Year Old in Texas

AuntKrazy

This case reminds of the Mikeel Kular case in Edinburgh a few years ago, Mikeel's mother claimed he had left their flat in the middle of the night and disappeared. He was 3 year old and she claimed he dressed himself and managed to open the heavy flat security doors and leave without any help. She had killed him in a rage and buried him behind a family members house. Police had found Google searches saying I hate one of my kids about abusing kids. Her four daughters were spared from abuse including, Mikeel's twin and he had been absent from nursery for weeks before he was reported missing.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The police searched a field yesterday based on "articles" they had found - with both drones and cadaver dogs - but no word yet on if anything more was found.  :-(

And the local news here has indicated that the video surveillance they may be looking for of the SUV is within a 10 miles radius of the home.

I have a horrible gut feeling that we will hear something later this week.

Good move on the part of the police to book him for child endangerment.  He's wearing an electronic monitoring bracelet, so they know where he is.  Many speculate (correctly, IMHO) that he made up the story about putting Sherin outside by a tree, but at least there is a child endangerment charge originating from that could put him away for some amount of time. 

Watching the news now, last week they took the washer and dryer, 3 laptops, a tablet, digital camera and 5 cell phones. Who has 5 cellphones? I have a couple old ones, but there was only the wife and husband living there. And I read a story about the home she was in before she was adopted, and they said she never had a problem drinking her milk. The husband is not allowed in the house. I wish they would find out something soon

So many red flags in this case. When I first heard the little girls name, my first thought was her name sounded like Shannon Matthews, the nine years old that went missing in Yorkshire nine years ago, in Shannon's case her mother asked her boyfriends uncle to take her and hide her, I hope Sherin is found alive but it looks unlikely, her so called parents failed her. 

I wonder about the fact that Sherin was  labeled as 'challenged' mentally. Did this information come from Dad? Could this be indicative of how she was viewed? I am also not sure how I feel about giving her a new name post adoption. As a non adoptive parent however, I don't feel I have the right to judge that.

This is all happening in the suburb close to me. It's horrible. Now the parents are going to court Monday to try to get their4 yr old back...although the father is not allowed near minor children, per his release. While i tjink the mom maybe should have supervised visitation for the child's sake, the dad, never.  I don't expect poor Sherin will be found alive.

I was just coming to post that. It's terrible. It's a well populated area, I  don't know why it wasn't searched earlier. But it is not particularly close to Richland, where they were searching fields before. Shit.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/richardson-police-find-childs-body-during-search-for-sherin-mathews?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is in a suburb next to mine. I doubt she will be found alive. Incidentally, the father's defense attorney is a friend of my boyfriend's who is also a defense attorney. It's a very sad situation. I feel so sorry for Sherin.

This is so sad. If it is her and the father is the murderer I hope he is prosecuted and sent away for the rest of his life. 

I  don't have a link to a news story, but the police confirmed that the body found today was, indeed, Sherin's.   RIP. little angel.  and Rot in Jail, asshole "father".

1 hour ago, Chicken bones said:

(Waves @usedtobenice) hi neighbor.

Hi!!! This is so sad. Our suburbs are pretty safe from random violent crime. It always comes back to someone they know. That poor little girl went through so much in her short little life. RIP little sweetheart ❤️

Rest in peace little angel. There is a very special place in hell for those that hurt you.

So the parents cover story is that the father forced his toddler to stand outside in an alley at 3am over her not drinking her milk and then she disappeared? That is probably the worst excuse ever, makes them look pretty damn neglectful. Bet the truth is a lot worse. Wouldn't surprise me if the father got angry with her for not drinking her milk and ended up killing her. Im glad that their other daughter is now in foster care, if their story is true and they did not directly kill the kid, there is still neglect going on.

My heart is breaking for Sherin and her extended family, her father and probably her mother failed her. I don't believe she was put outside, I think he snapped and attacked her and killed her. If he had put her outside and noticed she was gone he would have attempted to find her and called the police or at least called friends and family to search. 

I hope he never gets out.  I'm sure he will be a "popular" prisoner in jail.  I have never been able to figure out how he thought anyone would believe his story about what happened to her.

Reminds me of a case in my area in the 80s.  A woman claimed that her almost-2-year-old daughter had left their apartment through an unlocked door while mom was in the bathroom, then received one of her mittens in the mail a few days later.  After a couple of weeks, she led police to the girl’s body in a wooded area behind their complex(this coming just hours after giving an interview saying she’d wrapped birthday presents for her when she came home).  She then claimed she’d either died of SIDS or tangled in bedsheets—both unheard of for 2-year-olds—and admitted she’d mailed the mitten to herself, because she knew the cops wouldn’t believe her.  She was eventually convicted of manslaughter(which totally should’ve been murder).

FFS! She was so tiny, so vulnerable, so cute! What a loss to humanity. The thing that really gets to me is, where Sherin came from was the state of Bihar in India. Bihar is quite poor and rural and struggles with social issues. So, to be a female orphan is really drawing a bad hand. Then, she was adopted by a middle class couple from America who would love and nurture her, where she would presumably have an education and access to health care, a chance to succeed. It was all a sham. I don't want to imagine what her short life was like. I read that CPS had previously been involved. Also, the mom is currently in police custody, but is not really giving information? The whole thing is such a horrible story. I think more is to come.

That poor adorable little girl. Poor baby. And her poor sister, she must be so frightened and confused. How do you even begin to explain this to a small child? I hope she's with a loving foster family who will give her all the love, support, and cuddles she needs.

And apparently the dad changed his story about what happened. No idea what the new story is: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/sister-texas-girl-feared-dead-stay-foster-care-50661749

1 hour ago, Briefly said:

I have never been able to figure out how he thought anyone would believe his story about what happened to her.

The cockamamie story is why I don't believe this was planned. I believe he beat her not intending to kill her. But he ended up killing her and he panicked. So he drove to the culvert, placed her body there, camehome and cleaned up all while trying to come up with some story to tell the police. He was panicking and not thinking clearly so he came up with a ridiculous story on the fly. If this was a planned murder, he would have come up with a much more plausible story. 

My fear is that the story he concocted had some truth. I think he probably did send Sherin outside for punishment. Not the night she died perhaps, but other times.

Archived