IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

How many babies has Darby spawned so far?   I only remember one, and @Bethella's fantastic Fruit of the Womb project has failed me.  Perhaps I'm searching it wrong? 

If Darby's Dresses does make >$100,000 annually (even gross) I take my hat off to her.  There is a lot of work in buying, sorting, cleaning, displaying, and mailing out all those clothes at those low prices.

I am a dedicated thrift store shopper for a lot of things but I have rarely (if ever) bought clothing from a thrift store.  I think I bought a brand new coat with the tags still on it from a consignment store once - but that is it.  I lack the patience to sort through racks of worn clothes and they usually smell musty.  Ick.  I hate shopping for clothes anyway.

If I were a Fundie and Darby found frumpy second hand clothes for me, I might find it a useful service.  But if she ever sent me something that looked dirty, smelled, or was not as described I would dump her like a hot potato and write her a bad review.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add, the clothes aren't particularly modest- plenty of sleeveless tops and over the knee skirt lengths, so it's not even as though she's providing the service of pre-selecting to meet fundie modesty standards. I'm honestly not sure why this service is needed or why these gals are so freaking excited about her stuff.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

How many babies has Darby spawned so far?  

She has two boys, the younger one born in 2017. He may be close to 1 now.

Not sure what the big appeal would be for Darby's Dresses. Maybe it's the Sproul name? 

ITA with thrift shop clothes always smelling musty & yucky. I've rarely purchased such clothing and then only wear it after laundering & hanging in the sun to remove that yucky odor.

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

ITA with thrift shop clothes always smelling musty & yucky. I've rarely purchased such clothing and then only wear it after laundering & hanging in the sun to remove that yucky odor.

I hate that smell and I'm disgusted just by reading about it. It sends shivers down my spine.

I’ve always found Darby insufferably smug. I guess while she’s birthing babies and sourcing and reselling enough second hand clothing to allegedly turn over $100,000 in sales she has far less time to sing at people at the “abortion mill” whilst they attempt to access medical care. Although I’m sure she will still find time for it, dragging her sons along.

2 hours ago, lilith said:

I’ve always found Darby insufferably smug. I guess while she’s birthing babies and sourcing and reselling enough second hand clothing to allegedly turn over $100,000 in sales she has far less time to sing at people at the “abortion mill” whilst they attempt to access medical care.

WTF? I have never followed her that closely, so could someone give me some backround? That sounds horrible!

48 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

And here's the guy she used to go with...I don't know if she still does.

What a bunch of self-righteous turds, Darby included.

If she's so concerned about helping the defenseless, maybe she should look into volunteering with MADD who advocate for the victims of drunken drivers.

@LilMissMetaphor, thank you for posting this!

The worst thing in this clip with Darby, aside from the content itself, is the way she starts to smile in the second part. It seemed to me like genuine joy. Damn. It is really nice to see such a joyful face and smile, but in this context it is just plain sickening.

I so wish these women would put their energy into advocating for universal birth control.  Much more effective. 

On 1/11/2018 at 6:24 PM, hoipolloi said:

She has two boys, the younger one born in 2017. He may be close to 1 now.

@Palimpsest Christopher Michael is three and Gideon Lewis is one. Both birthdays are this week.

Just now, lilith said:

Due for another then, I imagine.

Given the almost exact two years (and three days) spacing, I'm not going to expect baby #3 until January 2019.

Looks like RC JR is ramping up on Twitter, just like some predicted. Same with Facebook, though it may be more of Lisa there. But on Twitter, he’s referring to himself as “grateful husband of Lisa.”

79BBEE23-B6E8-489F-8ABE-90D6E81D6200.png

On 1/12/2018 at 1:14 AM, lilith said:

I’ve always found Darby insufferably smug. I guess while she’s birthing babies and sourcing and reselling enough second hand clothing to allegedly turn over $100,000 in sales she has far less time to sing at people at the “abortion mill” whilst they attempt to access medical care. Although I’m sure she will still find time for it, dragging her sons along.

Making $100,000 in sales is definitely doable. And her coaching/mentorship prices are actually quite low for the industry. Keep in mind that if she’s only grossing $100k, it may not be much. And even if she is netting that amount, take out self-employment taxes, etc...it’s not a giant amount, but awesome for a stay at home mom. Not sure what her husband does? But if he doesn’t have insurance...that’s probably another $500/month out for Samaritan or other similar stuff. Still good money, but not impossible.

Yes, Darby is the oldest and she is what 23/24?? I suspect based on earlier tweets from a few years back that she and her husband have struggled financially....She complained about hospital bills from the first blessing, sold one car and was always asking for prayers for employment for her hubby.  This SAHD crap never ceases to amaze me with how the boys are supposed to provide for a family immediately with no educatiom. few skills or any idea of how the real world works.  The women then have to come up with any idea then that doesn't involved working outside the home but provides to make up for the lack of her husband.

4 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Yes, Darby is the oldest and she is what 23/24?? I suspect based on earlier tweets from a few years back that she and her husband have struggled financially....She complained about hospital bills from the first blessing, sold one car and was always asking for prayers for employment for her hubby.  This SAHD crap never ceases to amaze me with how the boys are supposed to provide for a family immediately with no educatiom. few skills or any idea of how the real world works.  The women then have to come up with any idea then that doesn't involved working outside the home but provides to make up for the lack of her husband.

It doesn't make sense at all, you are totally right!

But as always in the fundie world the answer is Jeeeeeesus. We poor heathens all skipped the pages in the good book that tells you exactly to live like that. I makes you holier than anybody else.

I’d be suprised if R.C sr hadn’t helped Darby financially upon marriage. I’m suprised that he didn’t arrange a job for her husband.

Sure, driving around drunk with your kids in the car may look bad from the outside-- but it's really all just part of God's marvelous plan!

Spanky has 38,000 twitter followers.   Let's say he hits each one up for $5 or $10 a month.....starting to see how this works! 

False accusations, gossip, those who would rather believe a lie than the truth- ALL of those things can be perceived as "scandalous" events in our lives. Dear One, God uses scandalous situations to bring forth His Glory for our good. Trust His plan.

I've read this multiple times.  Still doesn't make sense, although I think I know where they're TRYING to go with it.

Sure, driving around drunk with your kids in the car may look bad from the outside-- but it's really all just part of God's marvelous plan!

Sigh. Delusional.

The new senior pastor has been installed at Dr. Sprout Sr’s church, so that will not go to Spanky. I found it surprising that Jr wasn’t mentioned at all in regards to attending his father’s side at all when he was in the hospital- only sister and wife were there by the accounts we were told. That stood out to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if anyone knows about wedding nights…

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQtfqW0Sb2LDmK4Ws9BaE5A2M_DnI-6Bo6UfF08lmYhut2qFNED1c9VI-vr1TWS7tYHRLVabOBXlVm-/pub

“I say to my husband frequently that I notice how he girds himself to take on the day…”

Girds himself for what? Another court date? ‘Cause it sure ain’t a job-type job.

“Have you ever longed for, ached for, or searched for the one you love? When my husband began to pursue me, his passion was earnest.”

…and it just gets worse. I guess they’re going to try to give James and Stacy a run for their money.

22 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Kilt sex.

That’s all I’m seeing in my mind now.

Kilt as in “they kilt it?”

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived