IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

4 hours ago, StacyW said:

It look like there are only the 2 threads for the latest Sproul Jr adventures

I know there is only the 2 threads.

I meant where do I begin, wading through the "Schmoopy" BS.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bedroom, nothing (although sleeping with giant gold safety pins on the duvet doesn't sound comfy).  Lisa had the whole f'ing house decorated for Christmas on November 10th!  Including little fake Christmas trees and decorations all around the bathtub.  Whatever happened to Thanksgiving.  :laughing-rolling:  

I look at that and think it is 6+ weeks of dust (and mold potential in the bathroom) on all those decorations.  Yeech.  I'm sneezing just looking at the pictures.

I wouldn't call myself a minimalist exactly, and tastes vary, but I hate that style of house and OTT decorating style personally.  Those drapes look so early 80s to me and I think Lisa's taste in furniture is ugly.  That bed is so heavy and ostentatious.  

I must have a heart of stone.   One of my greatest passions is using my love for sleep, sex, and Mr. P to refrain from piling multiple redundant and ugly decorative pillows on the bed and decorating the duvet cover with safety pins.  Mr. P would find both pillows and safety pins very annoying.

Quoth Lisa:  "Home is where Our Story begins."  WTF does this mean anyway?

How does one keep all that shit from getting damp when you take a bath? Is that bathtub just for looks? 

I'm with you! I hate that style, ostentatious is the perfect word. It's like 1980s Gothic (as in medieval not emo Rock). So heavy and dark and so much fabric and clutter. My style is pretty much the opposite of that. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

How does one keep all that shit from getting damp when you take a bath? Is that bathtub just for looks? 

Not only that, but who the hell has a CHRISTMAS TREE IN THEIR BEDROOM AND THEIR BATHROOM??? I think I counted TWO trees in that bathroom pic??? 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Quoth Lisa:  "Home is where Our Story begins."  WTF does this mean anyway?

This is her what -FIFTH story???  LOL

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Bedroom, nothing (although sleeping with giant gold safety pins on the duvet doesn't sound comfy).  Lisa had the whole f'ing house decorated for Christmas on November 10th!  Including little fake Christmas trees and decorations all around the bathtub.  Whatever happened to Thanksgiving.  :laughing-rolling:  

I look at that and think it is 6+ weeks of dust (and mold potential in the bathroom) on all those decorations.  Yeech.  I'm sneezing just looking at the pictures.

I wouldn't call myself a minimalist exactly, and tastes vary, but I hate that style of house and OTT decorating style personally.  Those drapes look so early 80s to me and I think Lisa's taste in furniture is ugly.  That bed is so heavy and ostentatious.  

I am surprised the place is even clean!

Yes, her tastes suck

12 minutes ago, LydiaAnn said:

Not only that, but who the hell has a CHRISTMAS TREE IN THEIR BEDROOM AND THEIR BATHROOM??? I think I counted TWO trees in that bathroom pic??? 

Yes, two small plain ones in the bathroom, and two decorated ones in the dining room too. 

It looks like the White House on a smaller scale.  I think I counted 11 different trees in all the various rooms, and that is a conservative estimate.  I can't imagine where she stores all that crap during the rest of year.  Perhaps the McMansion has a huge Christmas closet - or a garage used only for Christmas crap.

Different stokes though, and a lot of it is cultural.  I think I have too much Christmas stuff.  Thanks to inheriting my in laws ornament collection, most of which is sentimental for my husband, I have 2 trees (a bigger one in the living room and a small one in the family room) but those are the only two rooms I decorate at all!  

I usually put my trees up only a few days before Christmas and take them down very soon after the New Year.  Everything must be down and put away before Epiphany (Jan 6th) or the sky will fall in, according to my family tradition.  My in laws always put up the decorations on Thanksgiving weekend and took them down on December 26th.  

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I am one who believes that there can't be too many Erzegebirge Christmas figurines,

I'd never heard of them before but those are cute.  I rather love the little cat orchestra. :)

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'd never heard of them before but those are cute. 

They're addicting, that's what they are.

From our German friends' home, when we spent the holidays last year, near Leipzig.

N.B. There were MANY more displays in their home!

2016-12-27_11_26_57.jpg

Thanks, y'all!  I just went out and plugged in the XMas lights over the porch that I did not take down last year.  They still work!  

Safety pins in the duvet seem like a bad idea. I'd have all that crap in the bathroom soaked! I love taking a nice long hot bath! :) 

41 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'd never heard of them before but those are cute.  I rather love the little cat orchestra. :)

....they are so CUTE! The bunny ones, too!!

Lisa's heavy-handed boudoir re-do *screams* "Mary Queen of Scots" costume drama. Which, I've just discovered, is being made new again, with Saoirse Ronan in the title role. To be released in November 2018, written by Beau Willimon, of "House of Cards" fame. Which gives it more than a snowball's chance of being good. The things I learn, posting on FJ...

Good grief, I'm old enough to remember the 1971 Vanessa Redgrave version. :pb_eek: 

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Talk about a grotesque excess.

OTOH, will admit that I am one who believes that there can't be too many Erzegebirge Christmas figurines, but ONLY in December and through Epiphany.

Summanabee!! I’ve had one if those for years!

I can’t help but wonder if those ultra-tall bed posters are related to ultra-long car hoods (or bonnets, for those across the pond....)

16 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Well, people, this is why we can't have nice things.  :naughty:

Looks like someone changed the privacy settings!

14 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

LOL

I can still see everything!!

I am surprised she changed it. She "loves" all attention. 

14 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

So...proof AGAIN that "Schmoopy" (AKA Mulva!!!  LOL) , is actually Lisa:

She logged onto here recently, probably to read this forum, saw our comments on her bedroom and deleted OR hid the post. That post wasn't hidden or deleted until after she logged onto here: sch.thumb.JPG.1bdab9de485a3ada0df6130d845e9fdd.JPG

Coincidence??? I think NOT.

Maybe Schmoopy simply notified Lisa that her bedroom was coming off as a bit overdone and frumpy...not appropriate for a HOT BABE such as herself!

36 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Maybe Schmoopy simply notified Lisa that her bedroom was coming off as a bit overdone and frumpy...not appropriate for a HOT BABE such as herself!

But, bless my little cotton socks, the horribly overdone kilt bedroom was positively restrained compared to the rest of the house!  Spanky must be on his knees thanking Jebus that Lisa chose Black Watch instead of Royal Stuart tartan for the duvet.

Oy, Lisa.  The 80s are over and so are the 90s.  Definitely time to update the "decor."

As an aside, I am really sad that Country Curtains is closing (do check out their final sales although there isn't much left.)  The closing is putting a whole lot of people out of work in western MA.  Their curtains were so much better quality than J.C. Penny too. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

But, bless my little cotton socks, the horribly overdone kilt bedroom was positively restrained compared to the rest of the house!  Spanky must be on his knees thanking Jebus that Lisa chose Black Watch instead of Royal Stuart tartan for the duvet.

Oy, Lisa.  The 80s are over and so are the 90s.  Definitely time to update the "decor."

As an aside, I am really sad that Country Curtains is closing (do check out their final sales although there isn't much left.)  The closing is putting a whole lot of people out of work in western MA.  Their curtains were so much better quality than J.C. Penny too. 

Oh no!! I LOVE Country Curtains!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived