IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

50 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Will be interesting to see the 2017 & 2018 990s whenever they come to light.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Ligonier Ministries 2017 990 tax return

There'd been some speculation on Spinderella Sproul that Jr. would get a huge severance package shortly following his resignation. Not seeing anything obvious in the tax return to support that suspicion. Maybe someone with better forensic abilities than me can spot something.  Spinderella Sproul threatened to expose it if it happened, so maybe Ligonier's board had second thoughts. Last thing they need is another Jr. scandal.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve just been following along without commenting, but I do have a question—-was it R.C. Jr. who wrote the Prairie Muffin Manifesto? And does anyone have a link or know where to find it? I saw it online years ago, but can’t find it now.

11 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I’ve just been following along without commenting, but I do have a question—-was it R.C. Jr. who wrote the Prairie Muffin Manifesto? And does anyone have a link or know where to find it? I saw it online years ago, but can’t find it now.

http://www.ibiblio.org/bascha/blog/2006/01/28/the-prairie-muffin-manifesto/

Speaking of Carmon Friedrich, ex-husband Steve now reports that he is "in a relationship"-- and three of his children "like" it. 

What I wouldn't give for the dirt on that

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Speaking of Carmon Friedrich, ex-husband Steve now reports that he is "in a relationship"-- and three of his children "like" it. 

And Carmon herself is under a different name -- did she remarry?

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, it was probably an awkward introduction.  Whether it was before or after the civil wedding was over.  Spanky was still in disgrace and on leave from Ligonier after the Ashley Madison thing.

If it was before the divorce was final, something along the lines of:

Mom and Dad, beloved children of my first marriage, relatives, friends, and the rest of Ligonier Ministries.  This is Lisa - my Eve, my Ruth, my voice of Jesus calling me out of the grave.  I swear I didn't find her on Ashley Madison.  We've been emailing since 2013.

She's still married to a real life Jewish person but is ever so Christian herself.  He's a doctor accused of a felony, but it is quite OK; they are getting a divorce.  She's very experienced at marriage and divorce having done it a couple of other times.  As for mothering; she's a genius.  She'll have you all whipped into shape in no time.  Just don't give her any "To Do" lists.  She knows it all. 

And to lighten the mood a little, I remembered @Salty1 was not very keen on Lisa.  Her posts are quite instructive - and she also gave us Spanky and Lisa's wedding photo for posterity.  Lisa's wedding dress was ... quite exceptional.

My word. Way back then, in that thread, @hoipolloi nailed it: “And @Schmoopy -- drop the shite about Campbell Sproul taking too long to grieve for his mother. It's ugly & vile, making you look the same.”

10 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

That might not have been the original but thanks.  I wish I'd written that critique. :D

10 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

RC Jr. originated the term "prairie muffin", but he didn't write the PMM, that was a woman named Carmon Friedrich.

The original post is long gone, but it's on the Internet Archive.

https://archive.li/bO7kM

I found it here too: http://prairie-muffin.blogspot.com/

4 hours ago, Jezzable said:

Yes, she did. It was announced just recently.

Well, good luck to her in her new marriage.   I know she hates us at FJ, but still.

I still lust after Carmon's huge library room.  Wonder if she still has it.

I was perusing the RC-Lisa facebook pictures and all of a sudden I realized that RCjr and Mario Batali look freakishly alike- especially now that Jr has grown himself a mullet!  Does anyone else see it? 

image.png.d0b9c240d4fd5e7c469f2324db060700.png     image.png.b096f729f18613cea992002dff6e49d7.png  

7 hours ago, Jezzable said:

Yes, she did. It was announced just recently.

Here or elsewhere? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived