IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

On 6/14/2018 at 12:43 AM, starfish said:

Gay he may be, but I can still see him with a Botkin bride by his side 

It is rumored that he tried and got shot down.  However, probably three quarters of that first group of VF interns had their sights on a Botkin or Kelly Brown (no longer Bradrick.) 

Natty D was engaged to a Rachel Gray about 5 years ago but it didn't work out, possibly because he was cradle-snatching.  She had a lucky escape.

Natty must be pushing 35 these days.  Whether he is in the closet or not, my devout hope is that he never marries.  He is an arrogant misogynistic brute, protector of abusers,  shamer of victims, Christian Reconstructionist arsehole and a thoroughly unpleasant person all around.

I've never really followed the rest of the Darnell family, but they are all deep in the shit. One of the brothers used to work for the American Vision, and Darnell used to write for that manure heap.  https://americanvision.org/ 

Unfortunately, the Christian Reconstructionist FB page is now private and I'm not sure whether any of Natty's  Persevero! rants can be tracked down these days.  If you read his hate filled writings, they explain my utter loathing of this guy.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Whether he is in the closet or not, my devout hope is that he never marries.  He is an arrogant misogynistic brute, protector of abusers,  shamer of victims, Christian Reconstructionist arsehole and a thoroughly unpleasant person all around.

He is all these things, and then some. Better he should stay encased in his loathsome little cocoon.

7 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

He and Rachel never passed the courtship phase. She’s now engaged to Joe Tenney. 

Well, thank Rufus, and thanks for the correction. It was ages ago so I had forgotten.

Who is Joe Tenney?

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, thank Rufus, and thanks for the correction. It was ages ago so I had forgotten.

Who is Joe Tenney?

No idea. She moved to the East coast recently to be near him and they got engaged last weekend. He seems like a regular ol’ decent (Christian) guy. I like the way they look together; a fluffy, bearded, glasses-wearing dude with the pretty girl-next-door. They’re cute. 

He seems nothing like Natty D, thank goodness. 

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Unfortunately, the Christian Reconstructionist FB page is now private

Aw, Palimpsest, did you have to remind me? That is the kind of crazy that is not easily replaced. And watching Darnell try (and fail) to control freaks like Vaughn Ohlman was so, so satisfying. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 4:37 AM, dripcurl said:

What. The. Fuck

From the twitter of Darby (Sproul) Stouffer

4A363CC8-6DFA-415B-A203-9543A7F06F64.png

A8B9C3D3-17D2-4F90-B52C-4CE78C802FD0.png

Note the like on the bottom tweet here.

Jr's older kids doing their own thing? Also following family members on social media despite not agreeing with everything they post? Relatable, sis. 

Untitled.png

Has anyone stomached the entire interview audio?

hes saying all the right things but I’m feeling repulsive listening to him, knowing how he treated his late wife. For those new to the subject: he spanked her for disobedience [sic], in full hearing of guests who’d come to their home for a dinner party.

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

hes saying all the right things but I’m feeling repulsive listening to him, knowing how he treated his late wife. For those new to the subject: he spanked her for disobedience [sic], in full hearing of guests who’d come to their home for a dinner party.

I still have a hard time believing that story. Anyway, I only listened to about five minutes before I couldn’t take it. 

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I actually tried but i couldn't deal with it. Spanky has been too much around people I know offline for me to have great perspective when it comes to my opinions of him. I just stay away from his "ministry" and pray hard about how I react. 

What's the context for this?  Is this that twitter thing where people make vague political commentary by implication?

I went ahead and did some work while the interview played. He continued to say all the right things, as the interview was a promo for his talk to a recovery group in the near future. He even talked about his last words to his dying father.

@JemimaPuddle-Duck, with all respect & affection, I have no trouble believing the abuse story.  I also still have enough faith in the power of good to believe that Junior may have changed, especially if he’s able to work his program* to stay away from the mood-altering substances. 

Y’know....I’m very well acquainted with a family whose ancestor was lionized for his ability to teach Christian theology and to organize and lead. 

Of his 2 sons, one went into a trade and one entered the ministry as a pastor. The young [sic] pastor was a good, kind-hearted man, but absolutely 180* from his father’s personality: passive as could be. 

Of that man’s 4 sons, only one went into the ministry. He had a decent but unremarkable career. The youngest son was targeted by vengeful church operatives because of his family name  and might easily have taken a dark path, but he wound up the most financially prosperous — via legitimate means!! LOL

My point is: I had not thought of this family in re: the Sprouls, before, but it does give me new perspective on what Junior’s possibly had to deal with. 

I wish him sobriety and peace and that he is truly good to his children and his wife. 

* Whatever his program might be. I was pleased that he did not mention AA, which is in line with AA Traditions, if he is doing the 12 steps. OTOH, some celebrities carelessly talk in tv & sm about their participation in AA.  Bad form!

5 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

What's the context for this?  Is this that twitter thing where people make vague political commentary by implication?

Seems to be this Twitter thread:

IOW, Kavanaugh is clearly a man after Spanky's own heart -- a liar, a drunkard & an abuser of women.

@MamaJunebug  -- no trouble here either believing the stories about wife abuse. Julie Anne of Spiritual Sounding Board researched the allegations to the extent possible and found them credible.

That is .... quite the filter she's got goin' on in that photo. It doesn't even match her own Instagram pics. Lis, if you're gonna 'shop your pics that much ya gotta be more consistent.

Speaking of her IG, she's "Follower & Blessed Queen" of RC Jr. over there. "First Lady" almost seems like a demotion :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Mother to 13, eh?

Urg. Hate that. I imagine his adult children don't consider her their mother. It's like my mom claiming the children of her ex, who she has not been married to for 19yrs. 

On 10/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, AnnaSofia said:

That is .... quite the filter she's got goin' on in that photo. It doesn't even match her own Instagram pics. Lis, if you're gonna 'shop your pics that much ya gotta be more consistent.

Speaking of her IG, she's "Follower & Blessed Queen" of RC Jr. over there. "First Lady" almost seems like a demotion :pb_rollseyes:

You said it about that filter. I thought it was a ghost at first. 

Help Our Cause

YOUR SUPPORT AND CONTRIBUTIONS WILL ENABLE US TO MEET OUR GOALS AND IMPROVE CONDITIONS. YOUR GENEROUS DONATION WILL FUND OUR MISSION.

CAUSE?  What cause?  Spanky's DUI Fees?  FFS what mission.  This is so many kinds of wrong.  

1 hour ago, Soulhuntress said:

CAUSE?  What cause?  Spanky's DUI Fees?  FFS what mission.  This is so many kinds of wrong.  

Yep, but I'm guessing that some of the commenters on this 2016 video will NOT be donating:

Spanky 2016 Video omments.png

I think I listened to part of that audio.  If it's the one I'm thinking of (pre talk at recovery center) I was very very concerned about the way he subtly distanced  himself and his drinking from those served by the recovery center, which I think is a place for homeless alcoholics to get on their feet.  

RC/Precious and his alcoholism have been propped up and enabled from Day 1 by his adoring parents (now down to one adoring parent) and Ligonier money, allowing RC a nice mental and financial buffer to distance himself from the downtrodden, to  avoid confronting the incredible harm and path of destruction he left in his wake and to completely avoid financial consequences.  For example, it cost a LOT of money to hire the lawyer he had for his DUI defense; it basically kept him out of jail. Now he's living in a nice big house, the DUI is behind him, no alcohol monitoring bracelet, etc. 

For the sake of his children, I truly, truly hope he is clean, straight and sober and that his sobriety is as miraculous as he and Lisa claim it is. However, growing up with an alcoholic, I'm a little cynical that things are as rosy as he and Lisa claim they are.  That they are starting up a "ministry" raises all kinds of red flags, because if it's based on God's miraculous ability to cure alcohol abuse.....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived