IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit, it was probably a humbling experience for Hubby to work full time, handle 3 kids (and their activities!) and not trash the house while I was out of state for 3 weeks when my mom died. He did in fact express a new level of appreciation for all that I do as a SAHM

Holds down 5 kids and the house for a couple weeks while Sierra is away? I'm all for a pat on the back. Tying her shoes because she's hugely pregnant, I'd say he was a King James sized ass if he didn't.

I guess it's nice that Sierra appreciates it when her husband humbles himself to help out one of their children.  I wonder what she would say if he did what my ex did one time.  He had an appointment later in the day, so he asked his boss if he could just take the whole day off.  He had the idea that he could spend the extra time catching up on chores around the house.  I went to work and he took our youngest to school.  She wanted him to see her classroom and the teacher teased him and asked him if he was available to help out for a while since the TA had called in sick.  Our daughter was so excited at the idea that he said he'd stay for awhile.  

The kids thought it was hilarious to see a man who was well over six feet tall perched on a kiddie chair and join them for story time.  On the first recess, he went outside with the kids and my daughter asked him to tie her shoes.  He did that and then another little girl asked him if he would tie her shoes, too.  Soon he had a line of small children waiting patiently to have their shoes tied.  Then he got to run around pushing kids on swings for awhile.

At lunch time he went through the line with the rest of the kids and the kitchen ladies all laughed at him.  One of them told the kids "He's pretty big.  Should we give him an extra big lunch?  Who thinks that's a good idea?"  The kids graciously allowed that a big man like that should get extra food, and he spent the rest of the eating period listening to kids brag about how much their dads could eat.  He drew the line at letting the kids scrape the unwanted food off of their plates so he could have it.

After lunch came the long recess.  Again he tied a bunch of shoes.  Then he saw a couple of little kids with a basketball trying to shoot baskets.  He picked up one kid and held him up so the little guy could say he made a basket.  You know the rest.  He spent the rest of the lunch period picking up little kids and holding them up.  He had to tell the bigger kids that his services would only go to the kindergartners and the first graders.  He only got kicked in the head a couple of times from an excited child.  He was so glad that he had to leave after lunch to make his appointment!  By the time I got home he was sitting on the couch watching TV.  As soon as I walked in the door he asked me if I could take over so he could take a nap.  Those kids really wore him out.

He was a big hit with the kids, though.  My daughter was kind of shy, so a lot of the kids didn't really notice her that much, but after that she became known as the kid whose Dad came to school and played with them at recess.

The first time my bro in law was left alone with my nephew, a trip to the hospital was on the agenda for "bean removal from the nose".

11 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:
11 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Never heard of this show before.  Thanks for introducing!     Laughing about handwriting therapy.....    

The first time I left my husband alone with the kids for a weekend  they were 7, 5 and 2. I came home to the youngest being potty trained. It was a nice surprise. 

I have an acquaintance who is married to his daughter's mother and they all live together full time. When mom goes out to work or to run errands and he stays home with his daughter, he says he's babysitting her. His own child. Who lives with him. That drives me batty. He does not say mom is babysitting when he leaves the house. 

The first time I left my husband with the kids, ages 5 and almost 3, for any real length of time it was for a night lab for one of my classes.  I'd made dinner and managed to eat before I had to leave.  When I came home later on, I found the food had been put up but the dirty dishes were still on the table, and the pots and pans I used making dinner were still on the stove and counters.  Toys were everywhere.  

The kids were in bed but still awake so I went in to say goodnight to them.  On the way I passed the bathroom to find that their day clothes were on the floor along with the towels he used to dry them off after their bath.  The bathtub was still filled with every bath toy they owned and there were signs that they'd splashed a lot because there were dried water droplets all over the place and a few puddles still on the floor.  

The kids were still up because he didn't read them their bedtime story.  We had a bedtime routine that went like this:  pick up toys, have bedtime snack, take bath, brush teeth, get airplane rides to bed, read bedtime story followed by bedtime prayers and then lights out.  Their routine wasn't complete, so they were playing in bed until I got home.  Dad was lounging on the couch while watching TV.  He'd fortified himself by buying a six-pack to get him through the evening.  

I asked my husband why he couldn't wash dishes or at least clear the table, why there were toys everywhere, why water was all over the bathroom, etc.  His reply was classic:  "I can't do chores while I'm watching the kids!"  My response was equally classic:  "Why not?  I do it all day long."  To his credit, he blinked and I saw comprehension dawn in his eyes.  "Yeah, you do, don't you?  How do you do it?  They run around a lot, they're always asking questions, and you can't look away because they get into stuff."

@Flossie, it's amazing how one person can completely miss everything the other one does, isn't it? 

My husband had a similar moment the other week: I was working both weekend days, which I normally don't even though I am part-time, so all the weekend chores fell to him, like the grocery run. "But I hate it when you work weekends! I have to do everything with the baby along! I have to do the grocery store, and the cooking, and the laundry... and... everything else... you do all week. Never mind." You could see the light dawning as he said it.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:55 AM, SamiKatz said:

The first time my bro in law was left alone with my nephew, a trip to the hospital was on the agenda for "bean removal from the nose".

First time my husband watched my nephew was for my sister to get her teeth cleaned. Apparently they all had a good laugh in the dentist office when she got a text from him asking if the tabs on the diapers went front to back or back to front. No one died and we still tease him. Upside is he was very good at diapering by the time we had our kid like 4 years later :) 

Her misplaced commas kill me. Omg. Commas are not THAT hard. 

Also, if the next thread title doesn't include "dipped in Jesus sauce".....

What the hell just happened?  I feel like I’m catching flies with my mouth open.  Did she get a full stack of crack pancakes?  It’s like she ran of out adjectives so she just started throwing shit together.  I know she’s BFFs with the big JC and all but still, “Jesus sauce “ seems a tad sacrilidigous or disrespectful.  I can’t decide.  

Huh. I am currently wearing the same leggings Sierra has on here. Hope she doesn't get Jesus sauce on them, I guess.

Is anyone else a tad bit defrauded by the way Mark's nipples are showing through his shirt in that picture? Just me? Oh-kay... :my_blush:

15 hours ago, brusselsgriffon said:

Also, if the next thread title doesn't include "dipped in Jesus sauce".....

Strawberries dipped in Jesus Sauce!!!! Order a dozen now for the holidays!

I asked my husband if he wanted to be dipped in Jesus sauce. His reaction was priceless. And I'm lucky I'm still here to tell the story.

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Strawberries dipped in Jesus Sauce!!!! Order a dozen now for the holidays!

and shipped to you three weeks from now in a poorly-wrapped mason jar!

3 minutes ago, catlady said:

and shipped to you three weeks from now in a poorly-wrapped mason jar!

Shards of broken glass cost extra!

On 10/31/2017 at 7:59 PM, BlondeIdol said:

Huh. I am currently wearing the same leggings Sierra has on here. Hope she doesn't get Jesus sauce on them, I guess.

My mind went to a very dirty place when I read this post. Thank you @BlondeIdol
And now I never want to wear leggings, lest I get Jesus sauce on them.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:23 PM, brusselsgriffon said:

actually they are for some people 

5 hours ago, nst said:

actually they are for some people 

I feel like Ricky Bobby with his hands I. tallegada nights.  I, don’t, know, what, to , do, with, commas.  

If anyone has any tricks it would be appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I feel like Ricky Bobby with his hands I. tallegada nights.  I, don’t, know, what, to , do, with, commas.  

If anyone has any tricks it would be appreciated.

here's a short tutorial:

i had an English teacher who said commas identify clauses and pauses.  when you see a comma while reading, pause at each one.  if you pause with each comma in Incognito22's sentence above, it sounds awkward; you can tell there are too many.  (and it goes without saying that she did that on purpose.)

Clauses are sentence structures with a subject and a verb.  note the commas in my second sentence above.  the portion before the comma is not a complete sentence on its own because of the word "when."  but it has a subject and verb--"you see."  so does the second half--"(you) pause."  the "you" in the second part  is implied.  

now take these two sentences:  "i went to the store, and i saw my friend."  "i went to the store and bought cat litter." the first sentence uses a comma because it has two complete sentences on either side of the word and.  the second sentence does not use a comma because while the first part is a complete sentence, the second part has a verb but not its own subject; it is "borrowing" the subject from the first part and cannot stand alone.

commas are also used in lists of three or more.  this is reflected in the thread title:  "Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries."  if you use "and' or "or" before the last item in the list, it is optional to put a comma before and/or:  "Strawberries, Duggars and Strawberries."  do not put a comma in a list of two:  "John and Mary."  if you put a comma after John and pause while reading it, it sounds funny.  

this is by no means comprehensive; it's just what i know off the top of my head.  if there are any other (better) grammarians here, feel free to add/correct. :smile:

On 10/26/2017 at 9:54 AM, freshlemonade said:

Never heard of this show before.  Thanks for introducing!     Laughing about handwriting therapy.....    

Why is handwriting therapy funny?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived