IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

We've squirrelled away M's baby junk except for some of the bulky or stupid things (enormous baby swing/rocker? bye. Baby towels? No idea how we got so many in the first place... They're tiny and useless!). When/if we have another baby, the only thing I'd really want is a meal train and volunteers to help watch my beloved but high needs elder kid while I was healing and getting to know the newest addition. For everything else, there's Mastercard thrift stores, eBay, hand-me-downs and Amazon. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This registry thing with the discount after blows my mind I could save a fortune every year registering for my birthday at places!

Sierra try to spin to two ways to Tuesday and you're still a fundie. Oh and if someone has to humble themselves to tie the shoes of a kid? There's something wrong with that. 

and did Mark *choose* to humble himself to tie his own kid's shoes?  are they also humbled by serving dinner to their own kids?  putting coats on them?  giving them baths? talking to them?

she doesn't seem to fully understand what "humble" means.  or "fundie" for that matter.

I think she was the "weeble wobble" in question, not her kids.  The post was a picture of him tying her shoes and her discussing that she is now so big/pregnant that her belly goes into a room before she does and that she can't tie her own shoes anymore.  The post itself wasn't over the top.  She thanked him for bolstering her self esteem whenever she feels down about how she looks. 

fair enough, but i'm not "humbled" by helping Mr. CL when he needs it.  if he's sick, i make him soup because he's not up to doing it himself.  if he's working mandatory overtime, i do tasks at home that he would otherwise have done.  if Sierra needs help tying her shoes, why isn't Mark helping her out of sheer common decency?  she makes it sound like he's going out of his way to do a very simple task; maybe this fits into her "choose joy" philosophy, but it comes across as making a big fuss over not much.  YMMV.

Okay, so tying your pregnant wife's shoes is humbling? Sorry, I still don't get it. I mean, I do - they're fundies, so anytime a man manages to put his own pants on he's congratulated and praised - but it's still weird.

I wonder if she saw Jill's post about Derrick and thought she needed to shout out her own husband for something as a result.  

I tied my own damn shoes when I was pregnant... Even the day I put them on to go to the hospital to deliver Gryffindor Disappointment. Clearly, THAT husband wasn't the best ever.

I didn't realize that there needed to be an instagram post for every nice thing people do. I opened a door for people today, where's my instagram post? Or is it just for men? 

Sometimes I feel like being a fundie wife is basically being a glorified kindergarten teacher for your husband.

"LOOK AT YOU, YOU TIED SOME SHOES!!!  YOU GET A GOLD STAR FOR JESUS AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE OUR BEDTIME BIBLE STORY!  WOW!  GREAT JOB!"

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I didn't realize that there needed to be an instagram post for every nice thing people do. I opened a door for people today, where's my instagram post? Or is it just for men? 

Ladies, find someone who loves Rufus and posts on FJ like this poster does. She typed words AND hit the post button. After a stressful last week leading up to Jill Rod's retreat (which ended up being a total snoozefest! Ha!), @Carm_88, you still found the strength to open the door for others AND make this post. #herearesomehashtags #gottamisspelloneoresle #jesus #FJ #rufus #doors #butnotTHEdoors

5 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Sometimes I feel like being a fundie wife is basically being a glorified kindergarten teacher for your husband.

"LOOK AT YOU, YOU TIED SOME SHOES!!!  YOU GET A GOLD STAR FOR JESUS AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE OUR BEDTIME BIBLE STORY!  WOW!  GREAT JOB!"

That reminds me of a sticker chart for a husband that was going around the internet. If he did various tasks then he got stickers, and if he got enough stickers then he got a reward, the list of which included sexual favors. People were sharing it like it was cute and funny, but I thought it just made the husband seem really pathetic and useless if he had to be bribed into taking care of his kids and doing basic chores.

The chart:

Spoiler

daddy-sticker-chart-edit-630x472.jpg

What kind of grown ass man has to have a child sticker chart to do simple house duties? How did he survive before the sticker chart? This lady is raising kids and a grown man. Embarrassing for both of them.

14 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

What kind of grown ass man has to have a child sticker chart to do simple house duties? How did he survive before the sticker chart? This lady is raising kids and a grown man. Embarrassing for both of them.

Nope. Not cool.  Embarrassing and emasculating.  

My husband may need a detailed grocery list (5 Golden Delicious Apples, 2 rolls of Bounty paper towels, etc) but he can help around the house without any of this nonsense.  

Dear God, I hope that chart isn't real. How do you even measure how often a guy puts a toilet seat DOWN? Unless you're checking every time he goes to the bathroom? How do you know he just hadn't been in the bathroom since the last time you (female lady wife) were there?

I think this might be the original. I'm not sure why the other site had to censor "BJ."

Spoiler

funny-daddy-chart-stickers.jpg

It probably is a joke to some extent, but I don't find it particularly funny. It shows how normal it is for fathers to have very little to do with chores and taking care of children. The sad thing is, that wasn't even the only husband sticker chart I saw when I was googling to find it. :my_confused:

It never even crossed my mind that it might be real, I just thought it was a really obnoxious and cringe-worthy joke.

It boggles my mind that grown men apparently need to be treated like preschoolers who completed a simple task. I don't live with my boyfriend currently (there's a bit of an ocean in the way), but I didn't make a massive Instagram post talking about what an awesome specimen of manhood he is for helping me strip the bed in my AirBnB. He's a grown-ass man who knows how to strip a bed. I get not being much for housework or not really liking to cook, but if you're a grown man who needs fawning Instagram posts and sticker charts to be bothered to be a functioning member of a household, you're sad and pathetic.

I have a bunch of men on my facebook who make long, dramatic "babysitting" posts.  Brodawg, I was able to basically supervise kids and attend to their basic needs when I was 10.  The fact that you are making it into some "thing" when you are a grown-ass man is really sad.

59f12e0f83b2e_2017-10-2517_35_21-djkhaledplayedyourself-GoogleSearch.png.87ff829d91e21f8f926e2f2047815c79.png

There's a show called odd mom out (it's a satirical show making fun of upper east mom's in New York). The background for this scene is about how the mom (Jill) is complaining to her Husband how he'll get a dad parade just for parenting his children and he was like no! But at last: (around 1:10)

Spoiler

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived