IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

@Ace3 I have a dog client who's daughter wanted her step-father's ex-wife at her wedding more then some of her father's relatives. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

@Ace3 I have a dog client who's daughter wanted her step-father's ex-wife at her wedding more then some of her father's relatives. 

You had me at "I have a dog client"

Sierra still must be coordinating weddings. Here she is at Allison Wilson’s wedding rehearsal with a clipboard. Lindsey Reith was a bridesmaid (she posted this picture). 

205EC328-6ABB-4BAA-B54D-D0EAC46F13AB.png

And of course creepy Becky is the first person to comment. WHY IS SHE SUCH A FUCKING CREEP? It really stresses me out on behalf of these fundies.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

And of course creepy Becky is the first person to comment. WHY IS SHE SUCH A FUCKING CREEP? It really stresses me out on behalf of these fundies.

The worst part is you know she creeps FJ for info. 

Get a life Becky!

Yes, I know that’s a little hypocritical given that I’m on a site dedicated to these fundies.  But she’s just obsessed with them!

7 minutes ago, Karma said:

Get a life Becky!

Yes, I know that’s a little hypocritical given that I’m on a site dedicated to these fundies.  But she’s just obsessed with them!

I totally understand her interest in fundies. I think we all do. However I just think her questions step over the line all the time. 

Well Becky’s Twitter starts with @lonelyb so that explains a lot. 

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Well Becky’s Twitter starts with @lonelyb so that explains a lot. 

She’s probably lonely because she crosses social boundaries. Too bad she doesn’t have anyone around her to help guide her with what’s appropriate social behavior online. Actually a lot of people need a class on that...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 8:10 AM, Karma said:

Get a life Becky!

You have the perfect user title right now for this post.  :giggle:

5 hours ago, JMO said:

You have the perfect user title right now for this post.  :giggle:

Hahahahaaha biggest hypocrite ever, good pickup @JMO!  :laughing-rolling:

On 4/3/2018 at 8:01 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

wonder what his older kids feel about that. I know I wouldn't be pleased if my dad went out and married some young girl and popped out a bunch of kids. 

For me, it would depend on the amount of time elapsed and how it was handled. Right after the divorce/mom dying? Yeah, I'd be pissed off and wonder what to think of my dad. Years later and gives me and my siblings plenty of time to get to know her? If I liked her and she was a good match for my dad, I'd be fine with it. She'd never replace my mom, and depending on my age I probably wouldn't consider her a stepmom (so say, if this happened now in my 20s, I wouldn't consider her a stepmom because she wouldn't really be taking on a maternal role in my life), but I'd welcome her (and my half-siblings) into my family. 

Sierra trying to speak in Black Vernacular is so.... surreal to me. Of all people to do so, a white Christian fundamentalist woman.

I heard someone else do this recently. I want to say it was Paula White, the evangelist, but I can’t find the clip. 

I agree that it sounds slightly weird coming from Sierra.

The clip that I can’t find started me thinking about the use of language - is it divisive to consider some styles ‘black’ and some ‘white’? Is it appropriation by white people, using this type of language and intonation, laying claim to something to which they have no right? Is it a sign that the vernacular is more widely accepted in the US now? 

I don’t know the answers to these questions, but I’d be interested and grateful if anyone else wants to share their thoughts on this.

3 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I heard someone else do this recently. I want to say it was Paula White, the evangelist, but I can’t find the clip. 

I agree that it sounds slightly weird coming from Sierra.

The clip that I can’t find started me thinking about the use of language - is it divisive to consider some styles ‘black’ and some ‘white’? Is it appropriation by white people, using this type of language and intonation, laying claim to something to which they have no right? Is it a sign that the vernacular is more widely accepted in the US now? 

I don’t know the answers to these questions, but I’d be interested and grateful if anyone else wants to share their thoughts on this.

one the one hand, you have white people using black vernacular to appear cool and edgy while also locking their car doors whenever a black person walks by and tweeting #AllLivesMatter. on the other hand, white people who grew up or spend a significant amount of time in black majority areas and spaces will inevitably start incorporating and using black vernacular, because we learn from and imitate those around us. you can tell the former situation from the latter, because it's painfully obvious when a white person uses AAVE but doesn't have any black friends or spend a significant amount of time around black people. they don't use it correctly and it sounds cringey.

African American Vernacular English is considered a dialect of Standard American English, I don't have much linguistic knowledge so I don't wanna say anything more, but googling "AAVE" or "African American Vernacular" or "Black Vernacular" should give you more info on that. 

Cultural appropriation is a very complicated thing to discuss because mainstream discourse surrounding it is highly individualistic and sorely lacking in material analysis. appropriation has very real, very painful material consequences for colonized peoples. White people wearing war bonnets, for instance, is offensive because it trivializes and mocks the significance war bonnets hold in certain tribes, which further contributes to the erasure of native peoples and furthers the ultimate goal of colonialism: to wipe indigenous people of the face of the Earth. What is considered cultural appropriation will depend on the colonized culture and the context in which it exists in. It's not my place to judge whether or not a white person using AAVE in any circumstance is appropriation because I'm not qualified to do so. But, if a discussion on appropriation takes place, it's important to preface with the info above. Also, it's important to note that garment workers in the 3rd world are dying for appropriated fast fashion trends.

Late to the Becky M discussion, but I noticed this post from her on tumblr 

59C95246-5D44-4A68-859A-AD4953910C62.jpeg.bf11e5cbadfbb74c8bf714c8b64569a1.jpeg

I’ve also seen her say things about Kelton as well. 

So she’s all the way up their ass when she writes to them on social media but she says stuff like this about them when They’re not around?

At least be honest Becky. 

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So she’s all the way up their ass when she writes to them on social media but she says stuff like this about them when They’re not around?

I'm so confused right now.

It's clear: Becky is one of us. The call is coming from inside the house!!

On 5/21/2018 at 7:29 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

It's clear: Becky is one of us. The call is coming from inside the house!!

Becky M should not be received

• 2 weeks later...

This paragraph was harder for me to read and comprehend than I care to admit. 6 kids before 30 might work for miss Sierra, but being “outnumbered” by that ratio is very overwhelming for the majority of parents. 

Need to do some BEC regarding her latest Instagram: (A) Dear god woman, not every life event needs to be a Hallmark Movie monologue. She pulled this shit too with a picture of her kids playing soldier where she turned it into some big emotional thing about THEY'RE GROWING UP SO FAST TO BE SOLDIERS FOR GOD. (B) Am I the only one who gets major "I'm convincing myself that I made the right choices in life even though I'm drowning and the patriarchal system I am a part of gives my husband carte blanche to step on my head and pour in yet more water" vibes? (C) Girl, sometimes "wow, your hands are full, that's a lot of kids" is code for "Wal-Mart is not a free playground, please control your children". 

Sierra, you sound like a lovely woman who's clearly been through some hard times. But #toneitdown #getrealhelp and #tellyourhusbandtogetavasectomy. 

On 5/21/2018 at 5:01 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Late to the Becky M discussion, but I noticed this post from her on tumblr 

At least be honest Becky. 

Kelton actually blocked her lol... I saw she posted *I THINK* in carlin's insta to tell him to unblock her so she can follow kelton & josie's relationship.

Maybe its just me but I'm annoyed on her behalf when she talks about strangers telling her she has too many.  Thats so not something you can just walk up to someone and say!  People need to learn boundaries.  

4 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Maybe its just me but I'm annoyed on her behalf when she talks about strangers telling her she has too many.  Thats so not something you can just walk up to someone and say!  People need to learn boundaries.  

On the other hand, she also seems to be bitching that strangers are "ignoring her kids."

I'm sorry Sierra, but I don't really interact with strange kids uninvited--because sometimes their parents will freak out about me NOT respecting boundaries.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived