IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

@Greendoor Im not finding it right now so I might acctually be remembering it wrong.

Edit: Yes, I'm probably wrong. Found this quote "Josh didn't sin because he was repressed, he sinned because like all of us he is a sinner." Seewald added, "There are many of you that are reading these words right now having had thoughts and deeds no better than what Josh had and did."http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/jessa-duggar-s-father-in-law-defends-josh-duggar-1.10472381 but nothing else. So either it was someone else who said this or I have a really bad memory ;)

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, nst said:

Sierra must have pissed off Joy to not be invited to be her wedding coordinator 

people this episode is beyond bad - but next week's will BE AMAZING :D

Sierra was in her wedding.... so you know she couldn’t do two things at once. Lol

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

While they were on the river she appeared to be taking a selfie.  Thats definitely grounds for suspicion.  

plot twist: Jana is the Kim Kardashian of the Duggar family and not Jessa. 

I think she was filming people jumping into the river and not taking a selfie. 

I have a personal life goal of dying having never slept outside. I suppose I could glamp but I mean glamping in the African sense of the word--a raised semi-permanent tent the size of a Manhattan apartment with wood floors, a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom complete with toilet, shower, and running water, and armed guards outside in case anything comes to investigate during the night. None of this hammock nonsense. 

ETA: How could I have forgotten electricity? The "glampsite" better have a generator or I'm out. 

19 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I love that Jinger and Jeremy are going to haul boxes and boxes of this pottery up to Arkansas, because that makes total sense in today's online shopping era. But I guess they'd have no storyline on this episode otherwise.

I'm in the process of looking for some Mexican dishes and I want COLOR, matching be damned! Food will taste the same either way. I am known for online shopping but I want to see and feel them in person. Gosh I wonder if I will be able to find some Mexican stores, being in Texas and all that.

Okay, what’s the story with this Laura chic? I mean she was the party planner or person who kept people in line, now she’s the wedding coordinator. She acts like she’s Jana’s bestie & she’s around all the time. WTF gives people? There is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure what it is, but she makes me cringe. She reminds me of a stage 5 clinger and a bit like a holier than thou/I’m better than you bitch. Not a fan. Lol. 

They say there were no parents present for the camping trip, but we know how TLC/Duggars like to stretch the truth. Like Ben & Jessa taking the kids to Texas alone.... but we all know Jana and Clinger Laura were there. So, I’m guessing some parents were there, off camera, in an RV. Don’t let them fool you. 

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

While they were on the river she appeared to be taking a selfie.  Thats definitely grounds for suspicion.  

Last season, while the Duggars were "decorating" the guest house Joy spent an awful lot of time in the background on the phone and now we have J'ostin + 1... 

Jana wasn't taking a selfie she was filming the other on the rope swing.

@ Queen 

Thanks, and I really think that's not much better.  His implication that people want to sexually use their siblings is revolting.  What on earth goes on in his mind?

I'm pretty sure Laura lives with the Duggars and most likely is Jana's bff. I don't know, she hasn't said more than 5 sentences at this point and we don't have access to social media postings besides pictures so it might be too early to judge her but that's just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, divadivine said:

Okay, what’s the story with this Laura chic? I mean she was the party planner or person who kept people in line, now she’s the wedding coordinator. She acts like she’s Jana’s bestie & she’s around all the time. WTF gives people? There is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure what it is, but she makes me cringe. She reminds me of a stage 5 clinger and a bit like a holier than thou/I’m better than you bitch. Not a fan. Lol. 

They say there were no parents present for the camping trip, but we know how TLC/Duggars like to stretch the truth. Like Ben & Jessa taking the kids to Texas alone.... but we all know Jana and Clinger Laura were there. So, I’m guessing some parents were there, off camera, in an RV. Don’t let them fool you. 

Kendra's dad was there and he disappeared somewhere.

Just watched last night's episode. Some random thoughts:

~Joy's updo was lovely! The fact that she wore her hair the way she did after that experience speaks volumes for how clueless she really is.

~I wanted Derick to shut the fuck up when he was prattling on about adaptability being good for Israel - just an excuse to justify the missioncation that should not have happened.

~Austin sounded like he was saying "tuba fours" to me...lol.

~I thought the dishes Jeremy and Jinger found were pretty but terribly mismatched. I also loved when Jinger talked about how Jeremy is quick with his hands (my dirty mind needs to go to he prayer closet).

~So now they're famewhoring Tyler...smh...

~That camping trip seemed so amateur to me, but then again, I mainly camp deep in the woods when I am hiking a really long trail.

9 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Just watched last night's episode. Some random thoughts:

~Joy's updo was lovely! The fact that she wore her hair the way she did after that experience speaks volumes for how clueless she really is.

~I wanted Derick to shut the fuck up when he was prattling on about adaptability being good for Israel - just an excuse to justify the missioncation that should not have happened.

~I thought the dishes Jeremy and Jinger found were pretty but terribly mismatched. I also loved when Jinger talked about how Jeremy is quick with his hands (my dirty mind needs to go to he prayer closet).

~That camping trip seemed so amateur to me, but then again, I mainly camp deep in the woods when I am hiking a really long trail.

Derick and Jill look miserable. 

Loved, Loved, Loved Joy's updo and headband thing.  I wish I could pull that off. 

I thought the same thing about Jeremy's quick fingers as my mind is always in the gutter, I loved Jinger's outfit in that bit.  

I don't camp anymore, but that looked fun.  Camping deep in the woods would scare the Jesus out of me, no thank you.  Have you seen Cabin in the Woods?!

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

ETA: How could I have forgotten electricity? The "glampsite" better have a generator or I'm out. 

Having camped in "rustic" sites in various state/national parks, I can tell you that living without electricity is much preferable to living without PLUMBING.

Wow. We saw knees, shoulders, feet touching, and sitting waaaaay close in the car ride. I'm defrauded I tell you, defrauded! :laughing-rollingred:

14 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Last season, while the Duggars were "decorating" the guest house Joy spent an awful lot of time in the background on the phone and now we have J'ostin + 1... 

Saw the part. I can see why it can be considered suspicious activity considering what we've observed before. But she wasn't taking selfie though. In the episode, Jana said she was taking videos of people jumping into the river. I think that's the part @JMO saw as well. 

And building on what @JMO mentioned, she does have 3 sisters/parents that couldn't make it. She could have been sending them updates/pics/videos throughout the trip? Another thing to keep in mind is that this happened quite some time ago, about 5 months ago.

Keep in mind too that we don't know exactly who was there. TLC loves to conveniently edit out people who don't fit their narrative. So there could have been parental chaperones who just weren't filmed.

2 hours ago, itqitc said:

Loved, Loved, Loved Joy's updo and headband thing.  I wish I could pull that off

Can someone please post a still shot for those of us without "tee-vee"?

5 hours ago, Berty K said:

Can someone please post a still shot for those of us without "tee-vee"?

Personally, I am not a big fan of the headband, but the hair is nice

Capture4.PNG

Capture1.PNG

For some reason I didn't like the updo all that much. And I didn't like the headband. And I thought the makeup looked ridiculous (really, it was probably just the giant fake eyelashes that ruined it, otherwise it would've been nice). I actually liked her hair the way she wore it on her wedding day, and it seemed more 'her'. Hopefully she did her hair and makeup the way she wanted it on her wedding day and had control over at least that.

Who's the guy sticking 2 fingers up at Josiah's selfie in his insta?  That's not very Fundy at all!

Screen_Shot_2017-10-04_at_13_41_47.thumb.png.c99a7516dba99064dce4c72eda246dc6.png

This camping trips sounds like the opposite of glamping (with lovely tents set up for you, mod cons etc) and while I'm a believer they probably went for hammocks so everyone is visible, I don't understand how they didn't pick a spot that was actually suitable for hammock-camping!   Ugh, Duggars!

Seeing as each wedding run-up is full of clues to the next courtship, what are the bets so far?  Is Lauren being lined up for an announcement as soon as she's 18?  

ETA thanks x 10000 as always to @Buzzard because this seems like hard work - such a dull show, but you always recap it so well!

ETA 2 A pre-wedding camping trip with one's pastor there?  I bet he was there to chaperone his daughters, but still, I compare to the camping trips my schoolfriends and I took at 17 and 18, and if a parent had come, no way would I have gone. We were "good" kids, too, it's just not what we would have wanted!

I just caught up on the episode and here's what stood out to me:

How "over it" Ben looked when Jessa wanted those toy horses at the thrift store. He looked like he was rolling his eyes a bit at Jessa and I loved when he sighed and was like "just let her get it I guess..." My husband and I were dying laughing. I apologize if this scene has already been talked to death earlier in the thread. Why did she need to buy every one the store had? She only has 2 kids and a tiny house, unless she's dropping them off at Jim Bob and Michelle's. I loved Ben's suggestion that the plush horses weren't easily washable and could have bugs. Does this mean that Ben's kids won't be wearing thrift store shoes? That is unimaginable in Duggar-land!

I was a little shocked that Austin reached into Joy’s hammock to feel her feet in the morning. From any other non-fundie couple I wouldn’t be surprised but it was very forward in a culture that has hug rules. 

Last camping trip I went on was in a rustic cabin, but there was no electricity or running water. I had to haul water from the pump to our dry sink. It's impossible to clean dishes that way. And while the outhouses were lovely, they were still outhouses. But the oil lamps and candles were quite romantic ;) So I won't hate on the Duggars for glamping, I like having a roof and a bed.

I just feel bad for Joy, mostly because I was her when I was around her age (though not quite as bad). I was an incredibly insecure teenager in my first relationship at one point, and I couldn't make a decision for myself without second-guessing it. I prioritized his wants and preferences over mine. Hell, I'm still chronically indecisive, and I wasn't even raised fundie. But hearing over and over again that you were to be submissive, that he was your headship, that you must be joyfully available or he would stray... I'd probably be the same way. The Duggars really fucked up raising their daughters.

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived