IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

The way the J'Slaves talk about how late they stay up always baffles me a bit. They speak like they stay up past midnight frequently, so who gets up with the littles in the morning? Do they kids sleep in too or do they do everything on little to no sleep?

Since becoming a parent myself I'm always mindful of my nights because my kids are up at the crack of dawn. :pb_lol: Could just be me.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Do they kids sleep in too or do they do everything on little to no sleep?

From what I've seen on the show, they all sleep until late morning - possibly near noon? No idea how late, but LATE. And when they have to get up "early" (like - maybe - 8:00) they stagger down the stairs and go back to sleep on the couch.

They're also damn proud of Duggar Time. To me, though Duggar Time = lazy, and disrespectful of others' time--especially when an appointment is made.

I just saw the picture of Derick and the kids in the kitchen of their house and I must say this house is much more modest than the big house. Nothing wrong with that and more in line with younger people starting out with only one of them working outside of the house. It probably is easier to keep clean too. 

29 minutes ago, sansan said:

I just saw the picture of Derick and the kids in the kitchen of their house and I must say this house is much more modest than the big house. Nothing wrong with that and more in line with younger people starting out with only one of them working outside of the house. It probably is easier to keep clean too. 

Who's working, haha 

I lol'ed so hard with this. Fuck Dwreck and his white male privilege ass self.

Bless to all who responded to his tweets, my brain can't function anything right now but I just can't.

24 minutes ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

:anyone:

F6447D50-9D99-4073-821D-35AF20026205.jpeg

This is definitely one of the top 5 worst things he's ever tweeted. Why would you say something like this unless you're actively trying to offend people?!!:smiley-signs131:

12 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I lol'ed so hard with this. Fuck Dwreck and his white male privilege ass self.

Bless to all who responded to his tweets, my brain can't function anything right now but I just can't.

Honestly!!!!! Like, did someone get butt hurt over some Columbus Day discourse and fear for a moment that the White Man isn't actually all-knowing and righteous amongst nations of nonwhite heathens? Or was it the fact that Pence added fuel to the racial divide by protesting a damn protest? Or did something else racist happen today that Dwreck just had to vague tweet about/defend his kind before his head exploded?  

I think this really says it all.
(excuse the sad paint skills :') )

derickdillardwhitemaleprivilege.jpg

Derick's tweet: No words. There are no words. 

Duggar-Time: Didn't the Bible say a shitton about idleness? Doesn't apply to the Duggars? 10 bucks the only thing they get up early for is to protest abortions. 

Oh dWRECK, your poor white tears. How big of a moron do you have to be to believe that The U.S is one of the "least racist" countries out there?

Can we have a fundie battle royal and sick Flame on him? 

50 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh dWRECK, your poor white tears. How big of a moron do you have to be to believe that The U.S is one of the "least racist" countries out there?

Can we have a fundie battle royal and sick Flame on him? 

I hope Ben and Flame are still friends. How did we get Ben supporting (kinda?) BLM & saying he didn't vote for Trump while Dwreck denies that the U.S. is racist and is basically the fundie version of 45 himself? 

Was it the Dillard threads where we were discussing Israel's orange (Oklahoma State colors) birthday cake? And much discussion following regarding the Religion of Football in the South?

I present these triplets:  Go Vols!

I'm going with a slow growing brain tumor.  No one person can be that stupid, ignorant and full of hate .  

For the record, I know they exist it just really sucks!  He sucks!  Derick, you suck!

Lol wow, thanks Derick! So glad to know that I can stop worrying about racism now! Guess I can stop donating to the ACLU and supporting BLM, they're obsolete, cause the US is the least racist! On a scale of Zero to Genocide we're only at, like, 75! WAY better than the rest of the world amiright!?

He is such an ignorant sack of shit. I'm beginning to think he's deliberately trolling and is actually getting off on all of the backlash. Does it make him feel relevant? Powerful? Just as relevant and powerful as Mike Pence and the Orange Turd? Pathetic.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If you have to proclaim so vehemently that you are not racist, it means you probably really are

Whitesplaining at its finest.  He makes me feel ill.

(For anyone interested, I really love the John Scalzi "straight white male is the lowest difficulty setting" explanations of life as a straight white able-bodied man in the USA.  I recommend all the linked follow-ups too:

https://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/05/15/straight-white-male-the-lowest-difficulty-setting-there-is/

But the TL;DR is this:  abled-bodied straight white men can of course have problems too, but most of the time, their bad situations would be worse if they were black, or a woman, or LGBT, or disabled etc etc)

Sure Derick, it's true that there are other countries that are more racist overall than the US. But so fucking what. That is SUCH a red herring. It's like getting caught cheating on your spouse and being like "give it a rest, it was one time! At least I'm not like that guy over there who's had multiple affairs!" 

59 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

SNIP

He is such an ignorant sack of shit. I'm beginning to think he's deliberately trolling and is actually getting off on all of the backlash

SNIP

I'm thinking it's a little bit of trolling and a little bit of his real beliefs. For awhile now, I've felt like Derick has twisted the backlash he gets from his hateful tweets into some kind of personal martyrdom that ends up fueling his self-righteousness even more ("See, this is my cross to bear for Twitter-witnessing!"). 

For those of you unable to see his Twitter for whatever reason, enjoy this sample of responses to his latest tweet: :pb_lol:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And my personal favorite:

Spoiler

Man, if only Derrick worked as hard as he tries to be special, misunderstood and persecuted Christian, he would be rolling in money.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived