IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

@AlwaysDiscerning

I've enjoyed reading the comments. I think she doesn't know what viral really means- but she might know soon! Part of me worries it might cause her to have a nervous breakdown- I have already seen her online almost 24/7,  unless she and her army of moderators have an organized schedule. If people start heading that way, I'm not sure she will be able to keep up- because they will be posting on old articles and doodles too, I would bet. Maybe she will find a way to end all comments. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Will be interesting to see if any of her validators show up!

I hope they show because that will be the real fun:popcorn:

Say what? Lori had a post go VIRAL?? Funny, I had NO IDEA. Tell me more oh wise FJers. 

/sarcasm 

I’m about to get TMI, but be patient with me. Lori claims that birth control is sooo evil. But does she realize birth control encompasses much more than just hormonal birth control? There are some VERY easy, albeit risky, methods to prevent pregnancy. My hubby and I do not use any barrier methods, spermicides, or anything. We simply rely on the rhythm method and ... erm... other forms of timing, LOL. But it is still birth control! 100% “natural” and “organic”, but keeps us from having a baby we aren’t quite ready for. And I have NEVER had an abortion. So :boom: take that Lori!

Someone in previous comments mentioned Lori supposedly not deleting things with Bible verses. I used two examples from the Bible and was not only deleted but blocked as well. :my_dodgy:I consider it a badge of honor. Can we make badges? 

Someone mentioned on the Scary Mommy FB page that they feared Lori would have a breakdown if Ken cheated on her.

IMO, they remain together by holding each other hostage.  They use leverage against each other because of their fear of divorce, it's economic effect and how it looks like to the outside world.  Ken fears losing half of what he has built up, Lori's fear is, "Oh shit, I'll lose my community standing, my home, my lifestyle, my blog and all the attention I get!  OMG, I might have to get a job"!  

I wonder if the cheating ship has already sailed.  I wonder if Ken told Lori that he cheated in some misguided attempt at honesty.  I could see Lori's reaction being, "I KNEW it!!" and threaten to tell the kids that their dad isn't a saint.  Ken, at the end of his rope says, "OK, fine, but you'll lose everything".  Lori backs off after realizing this will ruin her life.

IMO these are two sick fucks.  Their life is a truce and they'll work together for all the wrong reasons to keep the status quo.  They'll passively aggressively insult and slam each other, all the while coming to each other's defense when someone who is a lot smarter than they are gets to close to the truth.  It's a really destructive arrangement based on fear.   Lori's outlet will be to take it out on those are ignorant enough to follow her.  Ken will increase his nights at the gym playing basketball. 

Just my opinion of course.

I don't think there's a helluva lot of love between those two. It would't surprise me at all if Ken has gotten him some strange while on business trips. Lori probably knows it and realizes what she'd lose if she said anything to him about it. If she's holding up her marriage as the "gold standard" of "Christian marriage"...well...I'll happily take my marriage over hers any day and twice on Sunday. I like being married to the other half of me...strange as it may sound, we're often thinking the same thing. "Get out of my head" is a phrase heard very often here. I like it that way. 

I too wonder if there has been an affair.   I’ve looked at the theme of many posts and while she focuses on the same few topics she goes after working mothers with the most vehemence. And she’s become more rigid in her thinking about it. 

They both would make for an interesting case study. 

I’m conflicted when it comes to Ken cheating. On the one hand, I feel like if it happened it would be something very much framed in the past, something that happened before she became the “perfect submissive wife” 

(quotes because let’s face it Lori has never been a submissive wife) 

On the other hand, if Ken could find someone to sleep with his mysogynistic ass I’m sure there would be a huge deal made about foregiveness and how, despite the endless preaching about how women are the weakest sex, men are driven to an uncontrollable humping frenzy at the sight of bare knees. 

I always wonder at the posts that go unnoticed...

For instance, this post by Ken, where he encourages wife discipline, but admits that it's unbiblical:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/02/dealing-with-rebellious-wife.html

Many who commented opposing the concept of a husband disciplining his wife gave all kinds of excuses, but the main one is that you cannot find such a command in the Bible. Yes, point well taken, but, there are many things not specifically given in the Bible concerning marriage, as God expects us to function freely within His specific rules 

Then there's this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/12/wimpy-husbands-with-rebellious-wives.html

and the follow up:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/12/what-can-wimpy-husbands-do-with.html

and these two:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/should-husbands-ever-discipline-their.html

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/husbands-are-powerless-leaders.html

I'm a few pages behind on this thread, but I wanted to post before I forget. 

First, Lori has not had another post go VIRAL.  I checked around again and the only one that has gone viral (in the true sense of the internet definition) is the one from over a year ago.

She may be having posts shared a lot, but that does not necessarily make it viral.  I'm not going to bother trying to explain teh difference to Lori since I've been trying to get her to STOP CENTERING TEXT ON HER BLOG for years.  I even helpfully (I was being serious) gave Ken a number of links here on why it is website no-no.

I also explained slander vs libel when Ken was here (and any number of times since then) and she hasn't figured that one out either.   My cold black heart was warmed when @usmcmom made the post I would normally make :my_heart:

Tina J. Pyle, the poster who compared the Lori/Ken marriage to the BDSM mindset, is right on the money. Much of Lori's behavior toward Ken reminds me of what kinksters call "bratting" or "topping from the bottom." I think she'd be overjoyed if Ken threatened to spank her--or actually followed through. (I also think she's one of those people who endorses spanking children because she doesn't have her own kink figured out. I suspect my own mother of having been the same.)

ETA that I'm right there with @Curious regarding centered text. GRRRR!

I don't know if I'm doing this correctly, so take it easy on me. But she posted this today and immediately I laughed because I KNOW she didn't do any of this! Then I realized it was actually an excerpt from the article in her blog that was written by another women. Lori KNOWS what she's doing. She purposely didn't put quotations around the original post, in order to make others believe it was her speaking. 

These types of purposeful lies really get me going. She is deceptive, manipulative and is sneaky about how she words or writes things to make herself appear better. 

If you know you did wrong in your marriage and want to encourage other women to avoid the mistakes you made, GREAT! Blog away and mentor away. But do so truthfully! Don't pretend to "teach" women about training a child when you didn't do it yourself. Don't teach women about living frugally and modestly when you've never had a budget in your privileged life. Don't teach women about being keeping home when you had housekeepers. Ask those who have BEEN THROUGH IT for their advice.

IMG_0622.PNG

On 10/6/2017 at 12:52 AM, lilwriter85 said:

I'm starting wonder more if Lori and Ken possibly have some debt due to Lori's health issues and that could have played into why Cassi left BIOLA

As someone that is under crushing medical debt, I'd say this is possible.  We don't know what kind of "aftercare" Lori needs, if any.  We also don't know what kind of insurance coverage they have.  I doubt she is fully upfront about her medical conditions or lack thereof. 

I am actually going to look at some legit work at home jobs after the first of the year because it would be nice not to feel like we are drowning in debt.  My husband has been at his job for 30 years and found out he can retire in 6 years (well before 62 or whatever retirement age is), but there is NO way that will happen while we have so much medical debt.

We have what is considered "cadillac" insurance and I'm very thankful for it. However, this will be the first year in 3 years we haven't met the "catastrophic" limit.  My wound dr. was not covered by our insurance which means we have a 5 digit bill from him as well.

I'd like to be able to bring in even a modest amount every month to give us a little breathing room.   We have a dog having a dental this month and we have cut back on things to afford that.  Which is fine.  My pets are going to get the same standard of care they have always enjoyed, even if that means we go without something.

Welcome to the "dark side"  @SweetLifeSunshine  You sound like you will fit in just fine here.  We have a few other members who came here after realizing Lori is nothing like she professes to be.

I think you will find the members in this thread to be quite helpful and give actual suggestions to problems that arise in life from time to time.

Contrary to Lori's propaganda, we are not evil harridans who hate Christianity and God himself :pb_rollseyes:

Two things. 

First, this commenter mentions that her in-laws gave them a car. I wonder if these people realize just how nice a gift that is? Sure, they still have gas, insurance and repairs to pay for (theoretically) but a car is a very helpful gift, even used. Very few people can count on family members to give them a car. 

Second, the "anonymous" writer mentions they built two homes during the time in which she was sacrificing so much to stay home. I wonder how they got the land on which to build. Was it family land that was given to them?  A plot of land can be a huge initial expense when building. We have built twice also. The first time, we paid the lot off and then started building. The second time, we rolled it into the entire cost of the construction project. Nobody gave us the land. If the land was a gift, she should have said that because that makes a huge difference in the construction costs. If they bought the land, she should tell the readers how they purchased it, in my opinion.  

I suspect, though, that this is a detail that Lori did not think about when she wrote this. I don't believe for a minute that this was a lady who did not want to be identified. All the standard marks are hit and it just rings untrue to me. 

IMG_8652.PNG

Look at the BRAGGING here! Wow, 22 millions views...it won't go any higher! Lori broke the glass ceiling!! They also use the 22 million number for her book in the "about the author" section" on amazon. Bragging that JUST ONE of Lori's post has been viewed 22 millions time. Wow, she must really be something. 

One big helpful detail in today's post is to know how this woman is now. She ends by saying "I was 21....". If she is in her 50s now like Lori there is a huge difference in what things cost. 

I bought fabric at the thrift store and taught myself how to make my clothes and my children’s clothes.

I have never seen a thrift store selling fabric. Generally its cheaper to buy used clothing than buy material. 

I found a bent can grocery store and bought my grocery items there.

Never heard of such a place. Anyone have this in their backyard?

During this time, God blessed us with two new homes that we had built and provided all our needs. When God saw that I was willing to work hard and say “no” to worldly things, He blessed us continually. I refused to leave my babies in the care of others because I wanted to be the one that cared for them.

Like it was said upthread, yeah, how were the lots paid for. Why two homes? This sounds a lot like the prosperity gospel. Or show God you are willing to suffer and the you will be blessed. Its funny how worldly things aren't really that bad, you just have to suffer first to earn them. When you are godly suddenly having a life of materialism is called "blessed". 

Many mothers want a easy way to stay home by just laying on the couch all day. That is not possible! It is a big commitment and takes dogged determination to learn things to be able to stay home. It is not for lazy mothers. It is much easier in my opinion to go to work than to teach and train your own children and cook healthy meals every day.

I found that just offensive and so typical. They love to accuse any woman who doesn't live their extreme frugal life just as they did as LAZY!

It IS possible for everyone but it takes a lot of work. I worked from early morning getting up to nurse my baby and worked until sometime 11:00 pm before I went to bed. I remember canning my garden vegetables after my children went down for the night. I also baked my own healthy bread for my family.

Here we go again where sleep deprivation is a bragging right. 

Look; I don't want to shock anybody with my next statement but...

I just don't think Lori is a modest woman at all. First we have the necklines cut to the waist, then we have the constant reminders of her VIRAL POST (have you all read about that?).  Now we have Lori shouting from the rooftops that her salad dressing is SO GOOD. Yeah, I'm just gonna call it - she is an immodest woman. 

Also, she must be exhausting with her constant need of validation. 

IMG_8654.PNG

35 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I suspect, though, that this is a detail that Lori did not think about when she wrote this. I don't believe for a minute that this was a lady who did not want to be identified. All the standard marks are hit and it just rings untrue to me. 

IMG_8652.PNG

Yeah, I am 99% certain that Lori wrote this herself. Ironically, some of this sounds like my in-laws to a tee. What makes today’s post really odd though is the supposed age of the “anonymous woman”. 21 with two kids? Definitely possible. However, that means the 3 year old would have been born when the woman was 18. And if the woman was “godly”, then she would have needed to be married BEFORE that. So likely, age 17. Which Lori wouldn’t have thought about when writing the post. Sigh.

@AlwaysDiscerning you might be right about the “anonymous” woman being older (potentially if she is real). I laugh when my grandmas talk about expenses and such. They are doing fine financially. My husband and I are in our 20s and I have no idea how I am going to afford grad school starting in January. Neither of us have debt from undergrad so student loans will be new to us. And I consider it a huge blessing that we haven’t had to pay for education thus far. But anyway, I find that older generations do not understand the modern financial struggles like we young millennials do... No offense to anyone who is not a millennial! I do realize there are those who are older and have struggled WAYYY more than my hubby and I. It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed.

@AlwaysDiscerning there was a bent & dent store in our town as a kid growing up. It was neat and you could get a lot of stuff cheap. Honestly I stock up on canned goods during the holidays when they get cheap. We are still using the chicken broth, canned peas and beans we bought last November. :) 

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

@AlwaysDiscerning there was a bent & dent store in our town as a kid growing up. It was neat and you could get a lot of stuff cheap. Honestly I stock up on canned goods during the holidays when they get cheap. We are still using the chicken broth, canned peas and beans we bought last November. :) 

I do the same thing! Especially with chicken broth and diced tomatoes, the two canned items I use the most. I just make sure they have a nice long expiration date and then stock my pantry during the last two months of the year. Oh, and canned pumpkin. Kroger has their brand--exactly the same as Libby!--on sale for 89 cents, plus there's a digital coupon you can load to your Plus card. A lot of pumpkin pie and muffins in my near future! :pb_lol:

Comment from Lori's doodle hating on BC:  

Not to mention that Planned Parenthood purposefully gives low dose birth control so that girls get pregnant and come back for abortion.

Sometimes I just can't even with the stupidity of the fangirl leghumpers. Planned Parenthood creates the need for abortions by making sure girls get pregnant. Yeah sure -- great business plan you got there.  Real growth industry dontcha know.

This is so ridiculous I'd think it was a POE, except it's not.

3 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Yeah, I am 99% certain that Lori wrote this herself. Ironically, some of this sounds like my in-laws to a tee. What makes today’s post really odd though is the supposed age of the “anonymous woman”. 21 with two kids? Definitely possible. However, that means the 3 year old would have been born when the woman was 18. And if the woman was “godly”, then she would have needed to be married BEFORE that. So likely, age 17. Which Lori wouldn’t have thought about when writing the post. Sigh.

@AlwaysDiscerning you might be right about the “anonymous” woman being older (potentially if she is real). I laugh when my grandmas talk about expenses and such. They are doing fine financially. My husband and I are in our 20s and I have no idea how I am going to afford grad school starting in January. Neither of us have debt from undergrad so student loans will be new to us. And I consider it a huge blessing that we haven’t had to pay for education thus far. But anyway, I find that older generations do not understand the modern financial struggles like we young millennials do... No offense to anyone who is not a millennial! I do realize there are those who are older and have struggled WAYYY more than my hubby and I. It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed.

No they don't! My inlaws are so insanely blind and deaf to our struggles. It's so frustrating and it makes us just want to get away from all family since none understand anyway. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Look at the BRAGGING here! Wow, 22 millions views...it won't go any higher! Lori broke the glass ceiling!! They also use the 22 million number for her book in the "about the author" section" on amazon. Bragging that JUST ONE of Lori's post has been viewed 22 millions time. Wow, she must really be something. 

Can we play too?  I just did a little look at our stats and we get on average between 1.4 million and 1.9 million pageviews per month.  We average something like 95,000 unique visitors per month.

We have grown some since I took over (and started keeping better stats), but we are relatively consistent from month to month and we've been doing it for YEARS.

I notice she only has 23 likes on that post.  That seems kinda low for the number of followers she has doesn't it?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived