IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

11 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Gosh yes! As someone who grew up with parents who often struggled with money, it sucks. Don't get me wrong, I've  learned a lot about what's truly important. But not living in poverty isn't about having extras. It's  about also have necessities like idk health care, dental care, eye care etc. All of these we struggled to get. So her encouraging women to be poor while flaunting her wealth is aggravating 

I am one of the women in the super secret chat room who lives very modestly. I am a SAHM, my husband's work is enough for us to live with a little extra but we do without a lot. Is our goal to stay this way forever? Nope, we work hard to give our family the best we can and save for our future. The financial martyrdom mentality gets under my skin. The complete OBLIVION to living simply, within your means, modestly, and WISELY using your resources is enough to make me insane. $100 for ingredients from Thrive market is the epitome of privilege. And the worst part, she doesn't even have a clue. The hypocrisy, complete ignorance and bullying has gotten to be unbelievable over the past year. Over it. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was this close to joining the chat room (assuming I passed the righteousness test/application process.). Alas, I got banned from her Facebook page over the Lysa Terkeurst matter. I suggested, you know, that she show a little compassion and *poof* I was booted out. 

48 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Why does a 2 person household need a Costco membership?

My husband and I had the basic CostCo membership before we had kids. He took (still takes) over the counter allergy medicines every day. He figured the yearly cost of his meds at CostCo vs. the second cheapest place in town. The difference was more than buying a CostCo membership. Anything we save on besides his meds (gas, paper towels, toilet paper) is just gravy.

53 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

About the cookies, I think the cost of the Costco membership should be factored into the calculation. Why does a 2 person household need a Costco membership? Maybe for Ken's business supplies?

They could have had the membership for a long time and just didn't want to end it after the kids left home. My parents still have their Sam's Club membership. They use it mostly for cleaning supplies or whenever they are hosting a family event and need a lot of food.

Your guess about business supplies could be right. I worked at a hunting guide and rafting company for one of my college jobs. The owner used his Costco membership to buy the office supplies and food/water for trips.

55 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Gosh yes! As someone who grew up with parents who often struggled with money, it sucks. Don't get me wrong, I've  learned a lot about what's truly important. But not living in poverty isn't about having extras. It's  about also have necessities like idk health care, dental care, eye care etc. All of these we struggled to get. So her encouraging women to be poor while flaunting her wealth is aggravating 

I agree with all of this. Lori and her fangirls will never get it they will continue to frame all working mothers/two income households as people who want luxury-when in many cases health care, dental care, and eye care and savings are reasons why women work.

But, Lori would probably say that it's the man job to provide insurances for the family. I'm curious about how much Ken has paid for health insurance over the years. A friend of mine is married to a man who has an HVAC business. My friend has worked in a hospital as an x-ray tech and phlebotomist for over 20 years. She carries the health insurance because if her husband did he would be paying a lot. 

I'm starting wonder more if Lori and Ken possibly have some debt due to Lori's health issues and that could have played into why Cassi left BIOLA.

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My husband and I had the basic CostCo membership before we had kids. He took (still takes) over the counter allergy medicines every day. He figured the yearly cost of his meds at CostCo vs. the second cheapest place in town. The difference was more than buying a CostCo membership. Anything we save on besides his meds (gas, paper towels, toilet paper) is just gravy.

I'm mostly being sarcastic about her privilege. We also had a Costco membership before kids, but I don't spend my time bragging about my frugality. I'm sure Lori treats her allergies with black salve, which I have not seen at my local Costco. It does explain why her salads are big enough to last a week, though.

You can also substitute avocado for butter or shortening in some recipes. I make a low fat high fiber breakfast bar and use half butter, half applesauce or avocado. It actually does a great job and doesnt alter taste too much but I don't know what its like in cookies. 

Lori:

If I don't agree with someone's teachings, I don't learn from them. It's that simple!

Well, I wouldn't say it's "that simple".  The truth is, when Lori doesn't agree with someone, she gossips about them on her blog.  Back in the day, she'd comment on their blog and argue with them, but she quickly learned that the most efficient way was to trash them on her own blog, and then they wouldn't have an opportunity to answer back.

Lori:

Most of them simply hate the Lord and His Ways or they want to twist them to make them say what they want them to say.

How many times do we have to hear Lori imply that if you disagree with her, you hate God.  Does a day pass that she doesn't accuse someone of hating God?

No, Lori.  It's YOU they don't like.

Finally, she says the following in the comments of a doodle explaining that she deletes those who don't agree with her:

My favorite teachers are those who convict and challenge me because they don't allow me to be comfortable where I am.

No, Lori doesn't allow for teachers who "convict" her of things she doesn't already believe.  Anything else is considered "strange doctrine", and immediately deleted.  If you don't believe me, just read the first quote:

If I don't agree with someone's teachings, I don't learn from them. It's that simple!

She only "learns" from those she agrees with 100%.  She isn't open to the possibility that she could be wrong about anything.

I have soooooooooo much to say about yesterday's doodle. I was busy yesterday and didn't catch it till this morning. But I need to to focus on that so until then....today's post....

"We live in the richest country that has ever existed in the history of the world. Even our poor are richer than the many of the kings of old. We know this is true by looking at their waistlines."

Really waistlines determine if you are poor or rich? LOL. No, we eat more processed foods these days, cheap foods that is why waistlines are big. 

Our big and bloated government gives handouts to many, thus taking away too many people’s desire to help those who are truly in need or incentives for many to find jobs and work hard.

So is that Lori's excuse as to why she doesn't help in those in the need. The big government is in the way? When has she ever helped anyone truly in need. They don't even tithe. 

It’s believers, such as you and me, who are willing to live our lives in generosity and service to those around us and who need help. It’s giving financially to those who are struggling. It’s offering services like meals and help to those who are sick and in need. It’s offering an encouraging ear and comforting words to whomever comes across our path. It’s reaching out to those who are in need of help in any way and accepting strangers into our homes to shower love upon while never forgetting to speak the truth in love.

Give us examples, Lori. What have you done to help those in need? What have you given financially?

We stop spending wasteful money on ourselves to look more fashionable and younger but learn to be content with what we have and learning to make do. It’s learning to store our treasures in heaven instead of here on this earth.

Old navy dress, $70 skirt, nike shoes...need I go on. 

14 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Hundreds of dollars on face cream, expensive make-up, designer sunglasses, hair dye, e-Shakti dresses, Door County gift shops, a 6 bedroom (million dollar+) house for two people, frequent meals out, endless vacations...

The list is kind of endless, isn't it?

But you know Lori....she's "making do". :roll:

First off, that book she's quoting from, "In His Steps: What Would Jesus Do?" was not written in 1984, as she states, but 1896. It's considered a classic in many Christian circles. 

“How much is the Christianity of the age suffering for Him? Is it denying itself at the cost of ease, comfort, luxury, elegance of living? Is it true that the Christian disciples today in most of our church are living, soft, easy, selfish lives, very far from any sacrifice that can be called sacrifice? There is a great quantity of nominal Christianity today. There is need of more of the real kind. We need revival of the Christianity of Christ. We have unconsciously lazily, selfishly, formally grown into a discipleship that Jesus himself would not acknowledge.”

Sound like anyone we know? I think the author's extremely obvious and totally easy to understand point missed its mark with Lori.:my_dodgy:

This link needs to be carried over to the first page of the next Lori thread (which will probably happen sometime today as we're on page 22 of this one!). The article is just way too good to get lost in our archives. :clap:

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So is that Lori's excuse as to why she doesn't help in those in the need. The big government is in the way? When has she ever helped anyone truly in need. They don't even tithe.

I'm guessing that she thinks she has helped people via taxes through Ken's earnings. There are plenty of things she doesn't  know about government assistance.  Sure, she can bitch about people who temporarily go on assistance after there is a job loss or medical debt. Many people do get off assistance programs and continue working and paying into the system and more than what Lori has ever paid into the system. Lori has said a few times how her sons hate people on government assistance. She should be counting her lucky stars that her son Ryan is taking over Ken's business. While I applaud her son Steven for becoming an orthodontist, he needs to realize "pride goeth before the fall" sometimes happens in life. If Steven becomes disabled to the point where he can't work as orthodontist or possibly a professor, his own family may end up needing assistance from the government. The same thing could happen to Ryan years from now and may end up needing to sell business.

I think Lori has a huge chance depending on the government later on if something fucks up Ken's retirement fund. Let's say he gets early onset dementia or some other illness that eats up his retirement fund and Lori outlives him and her kids do not want to completely support her. So they make her apply for government assistance programs that she may qualify for to pick up some of the difference. Lori will then be partially supported by the taxes of millions of working women and their "neglected" offspring who she trashed on her blog for years. 

She is still a fucking bitch whenever she talks about how churches are supposed to help widows and single mothers, but she has previously admitted that they don't tithe to churches. As far we know she doesn't donate any time to helping in need. I recall an FJer said that Lori was asked about that on FB or  the blog and the question was deleted. There are things that she could do from home to help others. I make no-sew blankets for Project Linus. My mom makes blankets, baby hats, and other things for hospitals. We all know she is never going to set foot in food pantries, hospitals, nursing homes, etc to help people.  I'm curious if Loriken's church has done anything for the recent hurricane areas, some churches are collecting supplies that being out through th National Guard, and private companies. Are Lori and Ken taking packs of bottled water, diapers, and clothes to those supply drives?

If you are only learning from those you agree with you aren't learning, you are REINFORCING or regurgitating.  We have always laughed at her old blog title, but it is even more funny now. She is not "always learning", she is "always learning from those she agrees with".  Which again, isn't learning.  No wonder she learned nothing in college. She just tuned everyone out because she didn't agree with them. Tutor is spelled TUDOR. I get it now why she didn't correct the spelling. Those who pointed it out she didn't agree with and therefore she couldn't learn from them on how to spell it correctly. 

51 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I have soooooooooo much to say about yesterday's doodle. I was busy yesterday and didn't catch it till this morning. But I need to to focus on that so until then....today's post....

Really waistlines determine if you are poor or rich? LOL. No, we eat more processed foods these days, cheap foods that is why waistlines are big. 

Give us examples, Lori. What have you done to help those in need? What have you given financially?

Studies are showing even produce is becoming less nutritionally dense in areas where they strip the soil. We have really treated our earth pretty crappy and it's showing in many ways. I really hate it when people judge by weight. I am 100 pounds overweight because I have a wonky endocrine system. It sucks. It's embarrassing and it opens you to all sorts of judgment. But it isn't because I'm a overeating pig.

If you only learn from those you agree with then no other people can learn Christianity, no one else can come to Christ. Keeping Christianity a godly country club for the elites. That is what I think they want.  I guess they want to keep feminism going then because clearly feminists can't learn from Christians. They want everyone in segregated groups. Lori is implying "I only learn from those of my same skin color". 

10 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Our three person household has a membership. We get meds, tp, supplies for Darth Kid's swim meets, books, movies, clothes, frozen veggies and meats, Christmas supplies, and all kinds of stuff there. I have to be careful and comparison shop with some items, but we use ours all the time.

Look at her argue here. Will be interesting if this is deleted because she says she doesn't delete people who provide scripture. 

jackiehunsberger1.PNG.3e5593a910377d965d9c7cc94196c98f.PNGjackiehunsberger2.PNG.1bb6a9dc7ced120700e20bfbe0c84de3.PNGjackiehunsberger3.PNG.0fdb8c75a3853f076c2abadf22aca7ac.PNGjackiehunsberger4.PNG.506a43bc1d6649c13a97bb2b863494eb.PNG

12 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Why does a 2 person household need a Costco membership?

If you shop there a lot, the savings can be worth the cost of membership, even for a two-person household. That said, trips to Costco are only as frugal as one chooses to make them. :my_angel:

14 hours ago, Beermeet said:

The best was substituting half the oil/butter/crisco with apple sauce.  Unanimously voted the best without sacrafice on common baked goods.

You've convinced me to try this out... for science, obviously. ;) 

@December try the applesauce. If my brats loved it...

We're thinking of getting a Costco or Sam's once we have a house again...because we'll buy another chest freezer. I hate grocery shopping so the thought of stocking up for a couple of months or so works well for me. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Look at her argue here. Will be interesting if this is deleted because she says she doesn't delete people who provide scripture. 

jackiehunsberger1.PNG.3e5593a910377d965d9c7cc94196c98f.PNGjackiehunsberger2.PNG.1bb6a9dc7ced120700e20bfbe0c84de3.PNGjackiehunsberger3.PNG.0fdb8c75a3853f076c2abadf22aca7ac.PNGjackiehunsberger4.PNG.506a43bc1d6649c13a97bb2b863494eb.PNG

Where do those verses say that it's limited to the church? Or does she not remember that that churches isn't just a building? I mean we're told to GO and make disciples. She literally cannot understand that some women view their work as also a ministry. If your ministry and gifts are limited to the church building you aren't really reaching people are you? Of course I don't think Lori actually cares about that. She really only teaches women who already believe like her and deletes everyone else. 

This is a comment to the what ifs video. I do have screenshots and will post later if someone on the Lori Alexander deleted page is here on FJ.

I never planned for the what if's, I was married at 18 and had a baby. Now I'm 26 with 4 children and my husband decided that he didn't want to be a husband and father anymore. I'm now a single mother of 4 wonderful children. I have to work outside of the home while my oldest are in school during the day and my younger two go with me or spend time with great grandma. If I were not to work, who would pay my power Bill? Water bill? Put clothes on my kids back and food in their month's. God gave me the skills to work and gave me the flexible job that I hold to be able to care for my children. No, you can't go through life expecting and planning for the worst, but when you become a parent there's a point in life where you have to step up and do whatever you can to ensure that your children have what they meed.

ETA for the screenshot

5o5y1i.jpg

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Really waistlines determine if you are poor or rich? LOL. No, we eat more processed foods these days, cheap foods that is why waistlines are big

This!

This topic really grates on my nerves. When it's cheaper to buy a bag of cheap chicken nuggets and frozen fries than salad ingredients, waistlines are going to be bigger!

Of course expecting someone as dumb as Lori to understand that.....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived