IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trey does not read his Bible.  Paul writes in   1 Corinthians 7:34 KJV, "There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband."   If you read more of that chapter,  he is talking about how single people have more time to give service to God and how good it is to be single!!

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Come on, can you imagine that conversation? I don't believe for one second a woman who admit to neglecting husband and children. How many female doctor friends does she possibly have? Then again she is a wealthy and probably hangs in those circles.  I doubt they  know about her blog. 

31 minutes ago, Carol said:

Here's that conversation.

Lori:  "Do you neglect your husband and your children?  Of course you do"!

That's likely, but here's the conversation that popped into my head:

Lori: How has your week gone, my female doctor "friend"? (Come on. I need an idea for a blog post.)

Dr. Unfortunate Enough to Know Lori: Oh, you know. The usual. Joe fixed barbecued chicken last night. It turned out really well.

Lori: (Ah ha! I knew she neglected her husband.) But, don't you like to cook nourishing meals for your family? I think my greatest joy is cooking for Ken every day is making a big salad once a week!

Dr. Unfortunate: Well, Joe and I like to take turns cooking or get take out meals when we have a busy night. You know how much Joe loves to try new recipes! 

Lori: (Husband neglect! I'd better find out how much she neglects her children.) How are little, um, Susan and Bill doing in school?

Dr. Unfortunate: Well, Suzanna and Bobby are enjoying middle school. It's a good thing Joe is so good at checking over the kids' homework and explaining anything they don't understand. My office has been really busy this month with flu cases. He's really a better home tutor with them, too. I just get a little distracted checking their book reports after a long day.

Lori: (Ding, ding, ding! knew she wasn't a real mother!) Well, I think my greatest joy in mothering my children was sending them to their rooms for hours so that I could "rest" was teaching them to fear the Lord and follow His ways!

Dr. Unfortunate: Well, goodbye, Lori. I need to get going. (Lord, if I run into her again in the next month, it will be too soon!)

[Yes, I am feeling silly this afternoon! Whatever made you notice? :my_blush: ]

ETA--I cross posted with @Hisey. Yours is much more likely!

Omg, "we don't always get what we want in this life"??? Is that what she tells her daughter?  

I have never encountered such a callous person in my life. 

Christ, what's wrong with her? 

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

She wasn't exposed to people who fostered a love of learning at an early age, and then religion? I read somewhere that meditation can rewire your brain, so why wouldn't praying do the same thing? 

Now what if you happen to be a girl and really love to study? Would God forbid you to use the brain and the passion he created you with, because he ordained that you should marry a car mechanic who would be intimidated by a degree? I just can’t see the logic. 

I had no degree when we married, but my husband insisted  I should get both a BA and a Masters, because he saw I loved learning and it could be useful in the future. It has benefited our family in many ways, and he is proud to have a wife with a Masters, even though he did not have the chance to get one himself. And I loved my years in college. 

Maybe I lucked out.

Lori:

Sadly, in our day and age, many women see childbearing as a curse, liability, and something to shun. This is why millions of babies have been aborted, daycares are filled with babies who are left to be cared for by strangers all day long, and hundreds of thousands of children are in the foster care system. Children are no longer valued anymore since women no longer understand the value of bearing and raising precious children.

Also, Lori:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

I can't believe she said in her comments that every female doctor she met admits to neglecting her children.  Yeah totally they're just gonna admit that to you. Or maybe Lori, you just think that because you're being judgmental. Maybe they don't use How to Train Up your Children Pearl style of punishment on them. Or maybe they don't cook organic. Or gasps the husband/ partner has to cook and clean every once in a while. Geez 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Why does the top of her post say she is with this person? What does that mean?

lisoboa.PNG

She's putting the "just" in the wrong position. What women are really telling her is that women weren't made to just marry and have children.

ETA: Oops, a misread on my end! I think what Lori is doing is 'tagging' Lisboa (and FB makes the assumption that they are together). This may be a way for Lori to notify FB friends that she has put up a new controversial doodle in an attempt to go VIRAL! 

But we all know that a discreet, Godly mentor would never resort to such a thing. 

My speech and writing are far from perfect. Of this I am aware. Lori, however,  makes me feel like I got extra credit in English class.

Either she is dyslexic, in which case she needs a proofreader. There is no shame in that.

Or she should never have gotten a degree in education. Imagine your kid ends up with Lori as a teacher?  What school gave her a pass in English ? I am just surprised.

Brandi told her off...but of course she deleted it. What a fucking bitch. I am SO over her shit. 

The human reproductive process is one of THE most inefficient reproductive processes in the animal kingdom.  Seriously.  Most animals conceive (generally easily) during every breeding/heat/estrus phase if given the opportunity.  Humans are remarkable in that they do not.  Not only do human females release (generally) a single egg per month, even with IDEAL conditions that egg has a relatively low chance of being viably fertilized, and EVEN THEN it doesn't even have a great statistical chance at making it to birth, which is it's own can of poorly designed worms. 

Y'all, we SUCK at having kids.  The process and design are pure garbage.  Which is generally OK because we tend to only have a few. But whoever designed this DEFINITELY wasn't looking for most women to be continually pregnant.  Instead, the natural assumption of the process is that the inefficiencies would encourage parents to invest more resources in their offspring, free up parents to invest in OTHER offspring in their communities, and do other things than have babies.  

You know who is designed to be continually pregnant, raising offspring, weaning them, and then repeating the cycle?  Cats.  And the differences between human and feline reproduction are many.  So I would HAVE to assume that CONTRARY to Lori's BIG word SALAD, that God did NOT intend human women to be just mothers, and instead intended them to do many other things besides or in addition to motherhood.  

46 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

The human reproductive process is one of THE most inefficient reproductive processes in the animal kingdom.  Seriously.  Most animals conceive (generally easily) during every breeding/heat/estrus phase if given the opportunity.  Humans are remarkable in that they do not.  Not only do human females release (generally) a single egg per month, even with IDEAL conditions that egg has a relatively low chance of being viably fertilized, and EVEN THEN it doesn't even have a great statistical chance at making it to birth, which is it's own can of poorly designed worms. 

Y'all, we SUCK at having kids.  The process and design are pure garbage.  Which is generally OK because we tend to only have a few. But whoever designed this DEFINITELY wasn't looking for most women to be continually pregnant.  Instead, the natural assumption of the process is that the inefficiencies would encourage parents to invest more resources in their offspring, free up parents to invest in OTHER offspring in their communities, and do other things than have babies.  

You know who is designed to be continually pregnant, raising offspring, weaning them, and then repeating the cycle?  Cats.  And the differences between human and feline reproduction are many.  So I would HAVE to assume that CONTRARY to Lori's BIG word SALAD, that God did NOT intend human women to be just mothers, and instead intended them to do many other things besides or in addition to motherhood.  

This is why I've already decided ahead of time not to be devestated if I cannot have kids. 

Wow, listen to this sensitive mom

Danielle Phoenix I have 6 beautiful children. 5 home grown (biologically mine) and 1 shop bought (adopted) and I have no differentiation between them. They are all perfect and they are all my own.

· 

No, she doesn't differentiate between them, even though the first thing she did was differentiate!  I wonder how her adopted child feels about being called "shop bought"?  I hope it doesn't make her feel like a sack of flour. My own adopted kids feel terrible when someone implies they have been "purchased." That whole concept hurts them, and makes them feel different, when all they want to do is fit in.

Even IF I believed that adoption involved "purchasing" (and obviously I do not), the last thing I would do would be to remind my child of this with a stupid cutesy-phrase like "shop bought"

Not everyone gets this, apparently.

Lisa Manion I love how you said that! Danielle Phoenix 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Wow, listen to this sensitive mom

No, she doesn't differentiate between them, even though the first thing she did was differentiate!  I wonder how her adopted child feels about being called "shop bought"?  I hope it doesn't make her feel like a sack of flour. My own adopted kids feel terrible when someone implies they have been "purchased." That whole concept hurts them, and makes them feel different, when all they want to do is fit in.

Even IF I believed that adoption involved "purchasing" (and obviously I do not), the last thing I would do would be to remind my child of this with a stupid cutesy-phrase like "shop bought"

Not everyone gets this, apparently.

I can't stand when people have to specify their children are adopted. Mine are adopted, and I never mention it to anyone else unless there is a reason. They are my children. There is no need to put a qualifier on it.  Now, I don't hide it either and will talk about it if it comes up naturally in a conversation.

Others are often surprised to hear when they finally do find out because when we meet someone, I just introduce them as my children. I don't even mention it to their teachers. 

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Omg, "we don't always get what we want in this life"??? Is that what she tells her daughter?  

I have never encountered such a callous person in my life. 

Yes!! Eleventy!!!!!   I'm sure her oldest, perhaps all her children think "Sigh....... I always wanted a loving, kind, compassionate mother.  One who took an interest in what I wanted, who cared about my thoughts and dreams.  Who encouraged me to pursue my passions,  But we don't always get what we want in life.  I got Princess Lori for a mother instead."

One of her doodles on IG has a comment from a 27 year old female that abandoned her goals and now lives at home with her family. She describes herself as a keeper at home and says she is helping her brother to become godly and to establish himself. I can post a screen shot but can’t black out her name. 

I was adopted at birth. No one in my family ever referred to me in that way and no one ever did anything to make me feel as though I wasn’t equal. But deep inside I always felt like I didn’t quite fit in. I don’t know where that comes from- my parents are awesome and I am so so fortunate. If they had referred to me even like that poster or even said I was adopted, I think that would make me feel like an outsider. 

I worked in foster care and adoption for 19 years- calling a child “shop bought” would raise major red flags. 

when I was raising my stepkids...I didn't make any differentiation between the bios and steps. They were and ARE my kids. Even when we had the grandkids, people assumed that they were late in life babies...if someone asked me if they were mine, I'd just answer yes. 

"shop bought" is COLD. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived