IGNORED

Maxwell Summary

mango_fandango

Edited Sarah’s section to mention Ellie’s upcoming litter.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 8/9/2018 at 12:24 PM, Palimpsest said:

And now we have the mystery ministry trips of Sarah and the girls other adult daughters.  It makes absolutely no sense to keep these trips top secret - unless they are ashamed of their ministries,  IMO.  They could be using those trips to drum up donations for good causes, but noooooooo.

The Maxwells only want donations and deposits to their own cause.  Damned if I give a dime to those awful books, schedules, etc.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Edited John's section to include info about Chelsy's pregnancy. I'm worse than the Maxwells :P

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

• 3 months later...

We don't know that they don't, just that if they do, they don't talk about it. Why is anyone's guess, but probably has to do with the fact that she's a pants-wearing, no kids Christian, so obviously not someone with whom they want to broadcast a close connection. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I think she does have a son, but he is slightly over weight which Stevie would not approve of.

She used to post happy birthday messages on the blog to the reversals, but either these stopped or Stevie deletes them.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

• 1 month later...

I’m sorry if this a repeat question. I don’t follow this family. 

What is the point of not marrying off the daughters? If they’re drinkjng the kool aid, isn’t that just more offspring to believe as they do? Does their father have some weird belief about the purity of his daughters? Isn’t the oldest daughter in her late 30s? This seems like a cult rather than just an overzealous religious family. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

The point is control - Steve needs it, and can't get it completely from his sons. He's also very obsessed with his adopted last name (birth name was Barger) and I don't think he likes the idea of having non-Maxwell children and grandchildren. The eldest daughter, Sarah, is 37, and they've raised all the girls that marriage is what they should aspire to. They did, though, on Sarah's last birthday seem to sort of acknowledge that marriage isn't likely to happen and that this is sad for her. 

And it is definitely a cult - the cult of Steve Maxwell. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Edited Nathan’s section to include Melanie’s pregnancy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Edited to include: info on baby Deborah, NR Anna’s #6 and what happened with Ellie.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Edited to include the arrivals of Simon Peter and Caleb Alexander, Chelsy’s second, and Anna Marie’s diagnosis. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Edited to include information about Jesse’s wedding and further updates on Anna Marie’s cancer. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Edited to mention the birth of Chelsy’s second, Elliot Rex. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

• 8 months later...

Christ, how can a blog where everyone is smiling in EVERY SINGLE SHOT be so everlasting grim? Maxhell certainly is where fun goes to die.

And what will those girls do when their father and mother die? Are they allowed to live alone or will they have to go live with their married brothers?

• Upvote 3

So it’s been almost nine months since I’ve needed to update this. I’m wondering who’s going to have the next baby out of Elissa, Chelsy or Anna 3. I doubt Melanie will have another one, and I’m also doubtful about Anna-Marie. Anna 3 would be the most “interesting” as it’d be her first. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, anjulibai said:

And it is definitely a cult - the cult of Steve Maxwell. 

I wonder where that fits in the hierarchy of cults? Is TCOSM subordinate to the cult of Donald Trump or is Trumpism a subcult of TCOSM?

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2021 at 8:04 PM, mango_fandango said:

So it’s been almost nine months since I’ve needed to update this. I’m wondering who’s going to have the next baby out of Elissa, Chelsy or Anna 3. I doubt Melanie will have another one, and I’m also doubtful about Anna-Marie. Anna 3 would be the most “interesting” as it’d be her first. 

I think it will be Chelsy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Edited to mention Chelsy’s pregnancy as well as a couple of minor edits. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep! It might be easiest if I just did a paragraph here about the changes rather than mass-editing previous paragraphs.

• Upvote 5

• 6 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 7:37 PM, mango_fandango said:

Yep! It might be easiest if I just did a paragraph here about the changes rather than mass-editing previous paragraphs.

Agree! Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Well guys, ignore what I said in Sarah’s paragraph about her never marrying…

SHE IS NOW MARRIED!! 

I’m kinda lazy which is why I haven’t updated earlier. I’ll do it soon though I swear!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6