IGNORED

Counting On, Season 4 Part 2: Still Far Behind Real Life

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, doubleT said:

As Jenni sobs .... Michelle says, "Ah Jenni ..... your Joy buddy."  

She is not a Joy buddy ... she is a sister.  

Why would they add buddy to the older girls name?  

Because Joy was Jenni's buddy. They only do it when talking to the younger kids about their buddies.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelle literally said the same thing to Jenni when Jill went to Nepal to see dWRECK. She hugged her and she was like "aww jenni buddy" or some bullshit.

No one can tell me J'chelle is a hands on parent with the way these kids cry over losing sister moms. 

54 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jana, you are my best friend. That's what I want to hear every single time! lol

What did she say?

Any time Duggar siblings talk about a daughter leaving and say 'she will be missed, it sounds like they're losing a colleague at an office job. I guess the Duggar daughters are pretty much staff in that family, so it's fitting.

Joy: 'I knew it was the dress because everybody else liked it.' Sad. Sucks that she has no real opinion or enthusiasm. I get that she's not a girly girl who likes shopping or wedding planning, but then why not just let her have a low key wedding? At least it would be less predictable.

Jessa: 'Things get easier when you do them over and over' (as she packs to travel with her two boys). Duh. You'd think they'd have figured out how to make this show more entertaining after how many seasons (including 19 KAC)? At least she acknowledges how repetitive her life really is.

34 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I literally just praised Ben on here for being a great "in the trenches dad" and then he says he wouldn't watch both boys alone without Jessa again.

Translation: I have no interest in being a dad and caring for the little arrows as that is the help-meats  work. I just shoot my quiver to make the arrows.

10 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

What did she say?

She said "You look so skinny and so good." I believe lol. Something like that! 

@amers-she should have been told, that since she didn't;t come to work with her entertainment hat on, she'd better perk up, or risk not getting paid. I'd bet she would care about that missing paycheck.

Joy was clearly miserable during the entire wedding dress shopping experience. It's her right not to enjoy it, but I was surprised at how ineffectively she hid it considering the keep sweet background she comes from.  It seemed like everyone was trying to bend over backwards to make it easier for her to decide by asking her simple clear questions to help narrow down choices, but she just didn't want to participate. She also seemed to spend a huge amount of time talking about what Austin liked which was a little tedious and concerning.  Overall I wish that she felt less bewildered when faced with making some kind of a decision on her own. It makes me sad for her. She's not obligated to care about wedding dresses, but I felt like even if she didn't she could have been a little more gracious or put some effort into being present? Life gives you lemons (or what you perceive as lemons) make lemonade, you know? That's just me.

I found it a little odd that Israel didn't have anyone over for his birthday. I would've thought after all the time they've spent in that same area in central America that they would have formed some relationships with people who have children of a similar age. The fact that they were completely alone makes me wonder about their isolation, or lack of popularity there?  Israel himself was a complete little sweetie and him sprinkling sprinkles on his cake was totally adorable.  You get the sense that Jill still doesn't like being there and that she wishes that she could have done more for Israel's birthday, and had his family and friends his age around for it. 

15 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Watching Joy is like watching a more judgemental but clueless Jill. 

OMG THIS - you get the brownie 

who would have thought anyone could be more nauseous than jill 

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

When I moved from Massachusetts to Texas, my family was mocked endlessly. I even had a teacher think it was so hilarious that she had me come back to her class the next year to recite a sentence in front of her new class so that they could all hear the freak.  40 years later, there are still words I hesitate before saying because I remember being ridiculed. 

Sorry that happened, seriously. I am a big fan of accents and like to hear them. Even within state lines of Texas there are different accents, as in if you go to far East Texas closer to Louisiana it begins to get that Cajun sound, even in words they use.  My niece said after she moved back to Houston from Dallas that they talk different in Dallas. Once we were in Tennessee and a sales clerk started giggling and asked me to talk some more....WTH! I don't have an accent, much.

I had to be adulting at a meeting tonight so missed the Counting On episode and snarkfest. Y'all are definitely my tribe and I sure was wishing I could be hate watching with you.

Anyway, since I came home I've suffered through the Putman Cray and now am waiting for the next crap to end on TLC.

I swear - every time I think they've hit rock bottom, they find new crazies to film and air. WHERE do they get these weirdos??? SMH.

24 minutes ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Joy was clearly miserable during the entire wedding dress shopping experience. It's her right not to enjoy it, but I was surprised at how ineffectively she hid it considering the keep sweet background she comes from.  It seemed like everyone was trying to bend over backwards to make it easier for her to decide by asking her simple clear questions to help narrow down choices, but she just didn't want to participate. She also seemed to spend a huge amount of time talking about what Austin liked which was a little tedious and concerning.  Overall I wish that she felt less bewildered when faced with making some kind of a decision on her own. It makes me sad for her. She's not obligated to care about wedding dresses, but I felt like even if she didn't she could have been a little more gracious or put some effort into being present? Life gives you lemons (or what you perceive as lemons) make lemonade, you know? That's just me.

She was SO miserable that I feel like there had to be something else going on behind the scenes there. Like she was near tears for the majority of the shopping trip. Some weight loss/diet/body image drama? Anxiety over leaving home, or the wedding in general? Feeling less beautiful/glamorous than her sisters? Secretly feeling conflicted about wearing a white dress because she was already impregnated with Austin's love child????????! Kidding, clearly, but it had to be SOMETHING more going on than Joy just "not being a shopper." The girl was seriously depressed.

I don't know. That whole situation would be really stressful and overstimulating for me, especially at that age. And that's assuming I was functioning at a normal level and there was nothing in particular bothering me, besides the situation at hand. For some people, having to make a choice like that, with multiple different people around them giving their opinion and evaluating everything, feeling pressured to make the 'right' choice, and being filmed in the process, would be an absolute nightmare. Maybe something else was going on, but I don't think it really requires any other explanation.

I think Jana predicted Joy and a wedding especially the dress would be a nightmare a few years ago.  She obviously knows some of the children very well.

Well, screw me ....

Before torturing myself sitting through the Putmans and the next show ... 

I shoulda checked the programming guide to see that Counting On isn't re-airing tonight. 

Of course it isn't. Ugh.

I said I wasn't going to watch the show and I caved.  There is something so fucked up with these kids in utter distress when the older sister mum leaves.  It reminds me of in movies when there is an abusive family and the older kids leave for survival and have to leave the younger ones at home.

And what the fucking fuck sakes Michelle?  You dont  even bother to walk over and scoop up that young child? She sits heaving by herself until mama Joy calls her over? Then she goes back to sit heaving again by herself? She knows you are emotionionally hollow , sterile and useless.

Fuck you Michelle Duggar for raising children to be parents of children,  and then just standing back watching them fall apart when the older girls leave. 

There is such a disconnect and they are alone in a sea of siblings not grounded to what should be to the main source of comfort. You! 

Fuck you  Michelle Duggar,   you are a selfish human being and should be raising your daughters. Loving, comforting and being the source  of support they need.

Tonight we saw the epitome of loneliness,  and abandonment you produced by your so called mother of the year qualifications.  You are nothing more than the uterus of the year.

I remember Joy sobbing uncontrollabley also. You just brush them aside like garbage.  Even the wedding  store owner was comforting Josie, jeeeeeeez they know not to go to you don't they?

And grandma's is the one who found the dress?  Because she probably knows joy more than you. She listened and paid attention. Michelle Duggar you are such an abusive fraud for a mother. 

I am so pissed off right now.

4 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

As a Tea Drinking Canadian, I go to Tim's for the tea.  My order:  large tea, bag(s) in, two milk.  Most restaurant's don't use hot enough water for good tea. 

A true tea drinker with boiling hot water. 

29 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think Jana predicted Joy and a wedding especially the dress would be a nightmare a few years ago.  She obviously knows some of the children very well.

That house would not run without Jana. She keeps them from falling completely asunder. 

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Because Joy was Jenni's buddy. They only do it when talking to the younger kids about their buddies.

I know this (look at my profile pic which I have had for years) but I don't understand why.   Can't they just call them Jana, Jill, Joy etc?  It's like those little sisters don't realize that their "buddy" is  their older sister.  Maybe they have to become a teenager (adulthood in Fundyland) before they get to learn that.  

I also noticed that it wasn't just Michelle who didn't reach out to comfort those crying,  the sisters sat pretty still and unmoving when the littles were crying and didn't really offered up any comfort.  

I was uncomfortable watching the whole dress shopping experience for Joy.   

Jenni is KILLING me right now guys :my_cry::my_cry:

Like again it's just like you're losing your mom for the younger ones and Jana is gonna forever be stuck with the lost girls who are all below age 11. Ugh my heart, this cult, I just can't.

11 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I also noticed that it wasn't just Michelle who didn't reach out to comfort those crying,  the sisters sat pretty still and unmoving when the littles were crying and didn't really offered up any comfort.  

I noticed this too. They seem to shut down when emotion rises to the surface. All of them alone sobbing by themselves. It spoke volumes to me on how alone and disconnected they all were.  

It makes me wonder if they were punished for having sad emotions. They probably didn't offer comfort because they were not comforted either as children. JINGER did offer up a little snuggle But  it was all very stiff.

And Joy probably kept asking Austin because she cannot make a freaking decision for the life of her so I bet she was hoping he would do it for her.

These kids have had all decision making skills stunted for so long......fuck this fucked up family.

Coming back to this. Yes, Joy seemed stressed, but she also came across as a spoiled brat. It's obvious everyone has always done EVeRYthINg for her. Yet she bossed around the younger ones when they were "packing for the show trip."

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived