IGNORED

Counting On, Season 4 Part 2: Still Far Behind Real Life

Coconut Flan

I know that not everyone cares about shopping for their wedding dress, and truthfully I probably wouldn't be very into it either... But oh my goodness, Joy's "whatever" and "I don't care" attitude in this episode is driving me nuts. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know camera crew are there and they appear alone in the park but he shouldn't leave the stroller like he is 

Spending a few hours alone with his own kids gives him an understanding of what Jessa goes thru. Um no. Spend a whole day with them alone then say you have an understanding 

Austin and Joy seem to give zero fucks about anything wedding related. Pity they couldn't just do a quickie wedding and work on the house more, which they actually seem excited about. 

I wonder if they fly to these shops because none of the ones near them will give them the "celebrity discount" they probably grift?

Also Formula yaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssss lol

Just now, fluffernutter said:

Austin and Joy seem to give zero fucks about anything wedding related. Pity they couldn't just do a quickie wedding and work on the house more, which they actually seem excited about. 

it would also be more believable 

who brings a curling iron to a wedding salon ? 

Hey! They could've taken all that money spent on first class tickets to pick out a dress and put it towards the house! Flying first class when all you do is tout how thrifty you are royally irks me.

Counting on - Modest is Hottest - part 2

Joy's name is on a chalk board, welcoming her.  Ms. Renee is introduced .  There are purple sued couches.  We see some dresses on mannequins. Joy doesnt like half of them.  Renee asks her which ones "he" would invision her in.  Michelle has a "special seat" reserved hfor her, same for mary.

Jessa explains that Joy doesnt love shopping. All of the older girls like shopping, but Joy doesnt.

At a park, Bin takes Henry and Spurge to the park.  He blows bubbles with spurge.  Henry is apparently unsupervised in a stroller, sleeping.  They play on the slide... the stroller is HOW FAR AWAY???  Spurge goes down the slide many times. Spurge starts to throw a fit and Bin has to tell him "no throwing fits." Bin goes to check on Henry, spurge cries.  Bin puts spurge back into the stroller.

Bin - this gives me a lot of respect for jessa. Its quite a task. 

They leave.

Back at the dress shop... We're reminded that they're looking for a MODEST wedding dress.

Jana and Jessa look at dresses.

Various duggars try to describe "joys style." - she's simple - comfy... 

Josie is sitting on the couch in a corner, shoes on the couch.  She doesnt look interested, next to Jana.

Jinger likes dress one but its not "joy." I dont think it looks good on her.

Joy - I want something austin is going to like and I had no idea what I wanted.

The J'girls tell Joy that dress 1 makes her look skinny and they like the color.  Jessa says she knew it wasnt her choice.  They disuss curling her hair so they can get an idea. Jessa has a curling iron.

Josie eats her feet inthe background.

Jessa puts a headband on joy.  They discuss that austin knows how she will do her hair..  Jessa uses the curling iron.

Joy calls austin becasue she is overwhelmed.  She doesnt think the dresses will work and she was emotional.  She needed to hear her best friends voice. 

Watching Joy plan her wedding is painful.  I wish she and Austin had just had a simple family wedding at the camp.  She doesn't even know is she is coming or going.    

Just now, doubleT said:

She doesn't even know is she is coming or going.

Yeah, most  child brides are like that. 

That first dress Joy tried on was stunning, but reqiures at least a partial updo. I got the feeling Joy felt self conscious in the more fitted style.

it;s because she has to decide for herself -when she can never ever before. 

jinger just nailed it - jinger who has been out in the world and is now more empowered by the world whereas Joy seems overwhelmed by a decision that she is allowed to make 

ITS obvious and shocking at least to me 

1 minute ago, nst said:

Joy seems overwhelmed by a decision that she is allowed to make 

Not to mention, perhaps not everyone enjoys doing this emotional stressful stuff in front a camera crew, despite being forced to and born into this thing. I would straight up cry, yell at my mom, and call the whole thing off if I was in that situation with a crew watching me.

Just now, fluffernutter said:

John Davie on what is an A-line: "I don't really care.":laughing-rollingred:

He wins the night. 

AGAIN!

Omg, Joy have some dam enthusiasm. My goodness I don't care if you don't "care" or not.  You are on a tv show and got to travel to someone who wants to custom make you a dress develop a minimal opinion about SOMETHING. 

I know why her decorations co sister of straw thrown all over the ground. She left it all up to other people and they saw she didn't care so they were, wtf, and just threw a bail of hay around and called it a meadow. 

She's on my last nerve right now. 

4 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

That first dress Joy tried on was stunning, but reqiures at least a partial updo. I got the feeling Joy felt self conscious in the more fitted style.

Yes, she kept messing with her hair and kept it all pulled up front.  I wish she would have thrown her hair back and really looked at the dress.  

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

John Davie on what is an A-line: "I don't really care.":laughing-rollingred:

I know.  I actually LOL.  

I mean you have to have an opinion on something. There has to be something that you care about! You may not be super excited about weddings but at least put down your damn foot and say "It's my dress!" 

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived