IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

Sadly, if a Duggar winds up being highly intelligent, it will likely get trained out of them, or lost in the shuffle. Odds are they will be denied the resources and opportunities to explore their gifts.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. That's football. The WPS* gives it away.

*For those who don't worship at the altar of the wild pig, WPS is how hog fans abbreviate Woo Pig Sooie (the thing Arkansas Razorbacks fans yell in the stadium).

Typing that out makes me want to go wash my hands. I despise the pig-team.

Glad to see Spurgeon and Henry get along. I can't say I acted the same way when I became a big sister :P (I was quite mad that I wasn't an only child anymore)

Aw they're so sweet. I am sure that will continue as they get older. Henry's giggles are so cute! :) 

So adorable!  So nice to see smiles and fun!  They are happy children, it's obvious and wonderful.  So not getting Pearl'd.  Good job Seewalds.

The kids are adorable, but I have to say I don't think it is a good idea for them to let the boys wrestle like that.  Yes, Henry is a big boy, but he is still only 7 mos old and still doesn't have full neck control or the ability to have adequate reflexes to protect his eyes, or his neck.  Cute?  Yes,  Inappropriate?  Yes

jessa was right there, and seemed to have good control of the situation. She stopped it when she thought it was getting too rough. Not going to snark on her for that.

I think Jessa and Ben are going to be more "live and let live" parents. They seem to really love the kids and understand that boys will be boys. I downloaded TLCGo and watched a few episodes...of the two Counting On couples with kids, Jessa and Ben seem to be the ones who are more natural as parents. Jill seemed to have a stick up her ass. 

By "live and let live" I mean handling the kids fighting like I used to...I'd tell them "go ahead and kill each other, reduce the kid population at my house" but I think there actually may have been 8 kids living in our house at the time...birth, fosters, grands...all I remember was it was LOUD and stinky (mostly boys) and insane. 

I'd like to have a poster like this on my bedroom door when my kids get a bit older.

Spoiler

b8a6121cc729d98a3b59c5d4766c74c7.png.8e672377763776e2ea71988b63c96bc6.png

It would make me feel better, anyway. 

I have a little one pretty close to Spurgey’s age, and the way he is grabbing his baby brother around the neck and pulling him is exactly how my baby grabs me when he wants a cuddle. It looks rough but is actually really gentle, in our case. 

Darn those Seewalds. I don’t want to love those babies, but I do. :my_dodgy:

My (likely to be unfounded) hope for Ben and Jessa is that they take all the best parts of their respective upbringings and pass those down while slowly losing the harmful and destructive parts. Keep the close sibling relationships ditch the giving your treasured possessions to your sibling when they treat you like dirt. Keep the letting kids romp and roam ditch the blanket training and neglect. Keep the not needing a perfectly clean house that looks like a museum ditch the communal box of shoes. 

All these videos Jessa posts seem to show her having the "anti Michelle" mothering style...the romps with the same aged cousins, physical touching, boys playing on the floor like puppies, and especially that clip of a crying Spurge being told he has to take turns on the swing- and her handling of that. I remember that clip of Michelle and a howler, was it Jackson? He was about 2 and she was showing how he had to be still. She had those crazy eyes and he looked broken for acting like a toddler. It was chilling! As a young mom,(long ago)I vowed to myself that I would never be like my own mom. Maybe Jessa is doing the same. We can't know for sure, but it seems like someone may have smuggled some parenting books into the compound. 

Social media and reality tv =/= actual reality. I have zero doubts they love their sons very much, but I think that's kind of important to keep in mind when watching them on the show or looking through Instagram. 

And this is a personal peeve, but it bugs me when people compare Jill and Jessa as mothers. Until recently they were parents under vastly different circumstances (both were their unique challenges) and that was bound to play a role in how they both came across in their parenting - especially on a reality show where the segments are highly edited to fit a certain narrative.

Not to mention that Israel appears to have been a very high energy and active kid from the start, whereas Spurgeon seems to have been more relaxed. Based off personal experience, trust me that can make a massive difference in how a parent can come across to others. 

And, of course, having a supportive partner who isn't obsessed with harassing LGBTQ+ teenagers online likely helps too.

I can't speak to Ben's upbringing but it *could* be his model of fatherhood was to help more.  Or at least to be complimentary of the job his exhausted wife is doing. Jill's husband complains about Israel's "grilled cheese" belly and "manipulative" personality. 

Jessa and Ben do seem relaxed. But they also do not have financial issues and have help with the children should they need it. So that is a very nice place to be for a young couple with two small children. I don't see Jessa needing to have a laundry room meltdown

22 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

My daughter had one of the bumbo seats. She couldn't use it because her legs were too chunky to fit in the leg holes :pb_biggrin:

My GD was damn close to not fitting!

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I can't speak to Ben's upbringing but it *could* be his model of fatherhood was to help more.  Or at least to be complimentary of the job his exhausted wife is doing. Jill's husband complains about Israel's "grilled cheese" belly and "manipulative" personality. 

Wait, what?! Is Dwreck actually fatshaming his own toddler now? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived