IGNORED

Melania Trump:Looking for a platform, and a stylist.

GrumpyGran

@VelociRapture Sadly, I have to agree with you. It’s become a game of hope. Hoping he stays in office long enough to keep Pence out or marginal, while not long enough to get us blown up by the Crazypants in N. Korea. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And as awful as it is, I consider this a good thing.

Trump is a horrible human being in pretty much every way possible. But he’s a pretty ineffective leader. He can’t get stuff passed in Congress because he’s such a massive dick, other world leaders seem to have no issues manipulating him, abd the only thing he seems capable of is wasting money on golfing trips and signing executive orders. 

Pence, on the other hand, is a hardened politician. He knows how Washington works and he has allies there. He has just enough charisma and professionalism to come across as Presidential and he doesn’t waste time on stupid Twitter fights. Pence as Vice President is bad enough, but Pence as President? He could do some serious damage.

I hope Trump lasts a bit longer. I hope the impeachment process doesn’t start until the spring. The closer to the midterm elections we are before he hopefully ends up resigning or being forced from office the better. Even if the Dems don’t take back Congress, Pence would only have two years to fuck things up and part of that would likely be spent on the Presidential election.

I agree.  As someone who had the misfortune of living in Indiana during his tenure as governor, I know just how badly he could fuck this country up.  He's a religious nut ball and cunning as hell.  He could do serious damage.

• Upvote 10

• 1 month later...

I'm not going to quote the article, because it's so worth a read for all the great memes about Melania's "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme: "Melania Trump's Christmas Decorations Gave the Internet the Most Wonderful Memes of the Year". I think my favorite was:

The design aesthetic of the Trump women is “the rotting void inside of us”

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

People seem to forget that conservatives had more than just Clinton and Trump to choose from (and I'm not talking about third party candidates).  There were 17 Republican primary candidates.  And yet they chose Trump.
And yes, nearly every person who voted for Trump did so out of fear.  Fear of a changing world.  Fear of the "other".  Even those who voted because of a SCOTUS opening.  They wanted a justice who would try and stop change or punish the non-WASPs in this country.  Jokes on them though because no one can stop progress and turn back time.  And unless they can convince their fellow Caucasian Christians to increase their breeding pace, they can't stop the coming demographic changes either.  So they had better accept it and learn to adapt or they're going to be left behind.  Trump does not have the power (or desire) to save them.  I don't care if that's not what they want to hear.  It's reality.

That was part of the problem. Too many primary candidates. The GOP needed to have a bit of discipline on the RNC level to encourage candidates to wait four years etc...and keep a narrow field. Sane candidates cancelled each other out in that field allowing Trump to carry early caucuses and primaries with a minority of voters.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 12/1/2017 at 11:42 AM, louisa05 said:

That was part of the problem. Too many primary candidates. The GOP needed to have a bit of discipline on the RNC level to encourage candidates to wait four years etc...and keep a narrow field. Sane candidates cancelled each other out in that field allowing Trump to carry early caucuses and primaries with a minority of voters.

Both parties failed. Badly.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

This is from a few days ago, but I wanted to share because I thought we could all use the laugh:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is from a few days ago, but I wanted to share because I thought we could all use the laugh:

This was hilarious. I don't know who she is but her Melania is a hoot.

• Upvote 3

I was just watching footage of Melania visiting south Texas hurricane survivors, and realized she's quite tall (5'11"). 

I had noticed a few weeks ago seeing footage of Barron with his parents that he's had a huge growth spurt and now is a tall kid, as tall as, or taller than Melania and I think he's only in 6th or 7th grade. 

Apparently, Ivana Trump is 6' and Ivanka is also 5'11". 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7-12-2017 at 1:20 AM, Howl said:

I was just watching footage of Melania visiting south Texas hurricane survivors, and realized she's quite tall (5'11"). 

I had noticed a few weeks ago seeing footage of Barron with his parents that he's had a huge growth spurt and now is a tall kid, as tall as, or taller than Melania and I think he's only in 6th or 7th grade. 

Apparently, Ivana Trump is 6' and Ivanka is also 5'11". 

5’11” is tall? Oh.

I’m 5’11”, but I’m not that tall compared to other people around me. In fact I’m the shortest one in my family.

Huh. Funny how one can suddenly be confronted by the fact that you’re a member of the country with the tallest people on earth.

Which goes to show you that everything is just relative, after all. :pb_mrgreen:

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

5’11” is tall? Oh.

I’m 5’11”, but I’m not that tall compared to other people around me. In fact I’m the shortest one in my family.

Huh. Funny how one can suddenly be confronted by the fact that you’re a member of the country with the tallest people on earth.

Which goes to show you that everything is just relative, after all. :pb_mrgreen:

Yes - 5'11" is tall (to me). My husband is 5'9", I am 5'4", and I have a daughter who is 5'1". My mom was only 5'0".

Just a relative thing. :-)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

5’11” is tall? Oh.

Wow--just wondering where you live? (Because I'd love to move there.) 

I'm 5'11" and get asked/told I'm tall at least three times a week by other people. And I live in the U.S. I have visited two countries i the Dinaric Alps, and while people were really tall, I'd say most women were about 5'8". So I stuck out less, but was still taller than average. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

People there are really tall? I never would have guessed. Are Slavic people in general tall also or is FLOTUS unusual I wonder.

I am 5'6" and taller than my mother or sister. My brothers are only slightly taller than me.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

People there are really tall? I never would have guessed. Are Slavic people in general tall also or is FLOTUS unusual I wonder.

I am 5'6" and taller than my mother or sister. My brothers are only slightly taller than me.

Yeah, we Dutch really are that tall, on average. My hubs and my sons are all around 6'5". They are tall, even for my country, but not exceptionally so. Back when we were younger, DH was considered quite tall compared to his peers. But it seems that with each new generation, people here are getting taller and taller, so nowadays my sons' height does not make them stand out in a crowd so much.

For anyone who's interested, here's an article about the tallest and shortest peoples in the world. It's got maps and everything. :lol:

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yeah, we Dutch really are that tall, on average. My hubs and my sons are all around 6'5". They are tall, even for my country, but not exceptionally so. Back when we were younger, DH was considered quite tall compared to his peers. But it seems that with each new generation, people here are getting taller and taller, so nowadays my sons' height does not make them stand out in a crowd so much.

For anyone who's interested, here's an article about the tallest and shortest peoples in the world. It's got maps and everything. :lol:

Fascinating. Thanks! Yeah, your hubs and son would have a chance at the basketball team here. BTW, how's the baby? 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

My sins are 6ft 6 and 6ft 5. They love walking through Schipol airport in Holland as they feel normal there. Not tall!!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

My sins are 6ft 6 and 6ft 5. They love walking through Schipol airport in Holland as they feel normal there. Not tall!!

Scots are not tall generally? See, I did imagine that Scottish people are tall.

• Upvote 3

My husband is 6 ft 6 inches.  Other people always point out tall people to me as if I have attraction to all tall people.:dontgetit:

Women in grocery stores ask me not him if he would be able to get something off a high shelf for them. 

If he is irritating me I tell him we should go look at new lights for our house. Most lighting stores have their lights hung so low he spends all his time ducking. The threat is usually enough to start us laughing and the irritation goes away.

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

Melania, that dress does nothing for you. if you really want sequins for NYE, why not go for a full length, one shouldered gown in a solid red that accentuates your height and trim figure? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Melania, that dress does nothing for you. if you really want sequins for NYE, why not go for a full length, one shouldered gown in a solid red that accentuates your height and trim figure? 

It is really unattractive. Those sleeves or cape (I can't tell which it is) really make her look dumpy. I'm wondering if she's channeling Judy Jetson (see below). And, I'm sorry, who makes an 11 year old wear a tux?

20180101_jetson.PNG

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yeah, this one was particularly bad. She looks like an over-sized version of a toy you would see in the children's section of a Japanese store. I think she has a notion of what she wants to portray, but it seems, especially in these situations, she can't hit the mark. This is just too flashy.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

And, I'm sorry, who makes an 11 year old wear a tux?

Remember that story floating around during the campaign about Trump picking up one of his older sons at college to go to a sporting event, and losing his temper when his son appeared in casual clothing?

Something tells me that Melania has taught Barron the importance of appeasing his father. :pb_sad:

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

Melania's dress is questionable, but its length puzzles me even more. Even Barron wears smoking and she wears a mid leg length dress? Especially that dress, if it had been floor length with train, no horrible sleeves and a better neckline it would have been a much better dress. That decor is too important for a dress that isn't a true evening dress.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Melania almost always seems out of step with her clothing choices. I think she just doesn’t care what the rest of the world thinks.

Cynically I have thought that because she must surely have a prenuptial agreement that the time spent first campaigning and now in the White House takes her past some previously agreed upon time married so she will ultimately get more money from a divorce. Rufus knows there is not enough money in the world to make me spend any time at all with her husband but perhaps she feels differently.

• Upvote 5

It just occurred to me: does he choose her clothes? Many abusive men do that. And we know he’s extremely controlling of people around him. Stuff has come out about what female WH employees can and cannot wear.

It would leave some of her choices making more sense and explain why they are never quite right for the event or always a bit off.

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic