IGNORED

Melania Trump:Looking for a platform, and a stylist.

GrumpyGran

I have to do this, so here it is. Let's talk about our most confusing First Lady.

Last night as I was going to bed, I was very depressed about the Republicans' latest attempt to kill Americans and wondered if I would have trouble sleeping. But then appeared on my TV the Flotus making a speech while wearing a hot pink pool float! I laughed myself to sleep.

There's so much to ponder about her. The marital handshake. What she does all day. Why she's even here. But the thing that really confounds me is how a woman of her means can continually miss the mark fashion-wise. She either looks like she's auditioning for the Top Gun remake or heading out for a formal soirée with some Manhattan high society muckety-mucks. She likes to hide her hands and only has flats or stilettos, there's no in between. She also seems to have some weird fetish about changing clothes on airplanes. Someone help her!

• Upvote 17

Oh, @GrumpyGran, you've got it all wrong. According to the BTs, she doesn't need a stylist, she is the most stylish person ever. She's certainly better than that ebil Michelle Obama, who just never dressed like a "real" lady.

I think she's just biding her time. Ten seconds after he has left the WH or Barron turns 18, whichever is first, her divorce attorney will be filing on her behalf. She's probably already picked out her new condo as outlined in her pre-nup.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

It will be interesting to see when she will leave him. If he is kicked out of office, I can see her leaving right away. I think she is just waiting for the right time. 

• Upvote 19

Ever since I watched the video of her using the same talking points of her crusty ass husband spreading that horrible lie about Obama, I've seen her as absolute trash. Her spewing the biggest hypocrisy about cyberbullying is the worst.

Again for repugs hating immigrants so much why do they love her?

• Upvote 14

I'm still a bit gobsmacked over the pink  outfit.  I got a glimpse of it on TV and wondered what the hell she was wearing.  Turns out she paid $3000 to look like a dirigible behind the podium at the UN.  I think possibly in person it looked ok, but it was definitely not telegenic.  FOX and Friends leg humpers immediately accused the twitterverse and cybersphere of being mean and bullying Melania.   Because apparently it was OK to relentlessly criticize and use demeaning language about the ever classy and always elegant Ms O.   And let us not forget: #tansuit! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13

8 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Because in their view,  she's the "right" type of immigrant -- a white person from Europe.

• Upvote 12

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think she's just biding her time.

I agree. Only I don't think she's waiting to divorce him. She's waiting for him to kick the bucket. She probably stands to get much more as his widow than as his ex.

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Because in their view,  she's the "right" type of immigrant -- a white person from Europe.

She is an ebil catholic though. Still, a white catholic is better in their eyes than a brown one, I suppose.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Ever since I watched the video of her using the same talking points of her crusty ass husband spreading that horrible lie about Obama, I've seen her as absolute trash. Her spewing the biggest hypocrisy about cyberbullying is the worst.

Male BTs like her because they've seen it all and fantasize about her. Female BTs like her because they want to emulate her, then they might be what their husbands fantasize about. That's why they immediately buy anything she wears.

I agree, @fraurosena, I think the game plan right now is to hope he dies soon. She's kind of stuck now. She's got a really nice set-up and leaving him now would look bad for her. If he goes to prison, she's gone. And I think she's got a drop dead date(HA!) as far as waiting him out. If he makes it to his 75th birthday she may wander away. 

• Upvote 9

I think from her point of view she had it made. She had her gilded penthouse, a lovely personal budget, a son. Granted she is married to that shit spackled muppet fart (thank you to a recent viewing of Deadpool for this one...), but until recently, I think he mainly ignored her until he needed marital arm candy after which she was left to her own devices again.

She was probably jazzed when she thought she could get away with living in NY for the duration, but now that they're forced together I have to believe she's hoping that the dementia kicks in to high gear and he can be rehomed.

I don't have too much pity for her. She knew what he was, if not when she first met him, certainly not too far into her marriage.

• Upvote 15

On 9/22/2017 at 10:03 AM, GrumpyGran said:

I agree, @fraurosena, I think the game plan right now is to hope he dies soon. She's kind of stuck now. She's got a really nice set-up and leaving him now would look bad for her. If he goes to prison, she's gone. And I think she's got a drop dead date(HA!) as far as waiting him out. If he makes it to his 75th birthday she may wander away. 

I've seen speculation that she won't divorce him due to Catholicism. But she wasn't devout enough to worry about marrying a twice divorced man in an Episcopal church, so I'm not buying it. 

As was said already in the thread, she'll do better at this point in money terms to stick it out until he dies. 

I saw a headline somewhere online today about her stylist, so she apparently has one. Clearly this person needs to be fired. 

• Upvote 12

21 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

As was said already in the thread, she'll do better at this point in money terms to stick it out until he dies. 

Maybe that's why he gets two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only gets one -- she has asked the WH culinary staff to ensure he eats extra high fat, calorie-laden food to speed his demise...

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Maybe that's why he gets two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only gets one -- she has asked the WH culinary staff to ensure he eats extra high fat, calorie-laden food to speed his demise...

She doesn't object to his love of red meat. You're right, I think she stands by while he makes bad decisions regarding his health, with the hope of it paying off soon.

• Upvote 5

I think Melania has, from the very start, been waiting for him to die. I don't even think she will divorce him if he ends up in jail. 

• Upvote 9

Oh dear. How very awkwardly awful...

Melania met Prince Harry suffering suit FAIL at Invictus Games

Spoiler

DONALD TRUMP'S wife Melania Trump met with Prince Harry today ahead of the Invictus Games opening ceremony in Toronto, Canada. There was no sign of the young royal's US girlfriend Meghan Markle, however.

>video<

Donald Trump’s wife, 47, embraced an oversized power suit as she shook hands with Prince Harry. 

Melania Trump looked thrilled to be in Canada on her first solo trip out side of the US as First Lady. 

The pattern on the suit created an optical illusion when the pair’s picture was snapped by the waiting press.  Unfortunately it made stunning former model Melania look frumpy, despite being an incredibly beautiful pattern. 

It's believed the black and white suit is from Parisian fashion house Dior. 

The wide-legged trousers and pattern of the fabric create an unflattering shape on the First Lady who is usually incredibly fashion-forward. 

>appalling pantsuit  pics<

Melania's appearance in the pricey outfit comes after she was pictured wearing a £1,000 Balmain shirt while doing the gardening. 

Melania made a brief speech before meeting the Prince. She said: “On behalf of my husband and our entire country, I want to thank you and your families for all you have sacrificed to keep us safe.

“I also want to wish you good luck but I know you won't need it.

“Take that fighting spirit that I know you have and bring home the gold.”

The first reports that Melania was to meet Prince Harry on this solo trip came back in July. The solo escapade is the Slovenian former-model’s first trip alone, without the president by her side. 

She officially met Prince Harry to talk about the Invictus Games - but despite speculation his girlfriend Meghan Markle would also be in attendance, there was no sign of the Suits star. 

First Lady Melania is also going to meet Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau later before going on to the Opening Ceremony.

And Donald’s wife isn’t going to stop with just attending the games - the First Lady is going to host a reception for members of Team USA. 

Meanwhile, Prince Harry will meet with Governor General David Johnston at the Air Canada Centre this evening.

Fans of the Prince are hoping he will attend the opening ceremony tonight with his girlfriend of a year Meghan - who live in Toronto where she films TV series Suits. 

It might not come as a surprise that Meghan wasn't in attendance at Prince Harry's meeting with Melania. 

In May last year Meghan said dubbed said if Donald Trump was to be elected as President of the United States it would prompt her to leave the US, where she was born in LA, for good.

She said on the Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore: “It's really the moment that I go, we film Suits in Toronto and I might just stay in Canada.

"I mean come on, if that's reality we are talking about, come on, that is a game changer in terms of how we move in the world here.”

She also called Donald Trump divisive, especially for female voters, adding: "I think it was in 2012, the Republican Party lost the female vote by 12 points. That's a huge number and with as misogynistic as Trump is and so vocal about it, that's a huge chunk of it.”

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Does her stylist just hate her? 

It would appear so. I mean, come on, how hard is it? I think she is wrapped up in wearing things that call attention to herself, as well as being victimized by designers who send her rather outrageous things just to get them out there. She is mis-reading her audience and the occasions. She needs to take off that I-don't-care attitude first.

• Upvote 9

It's obvious that she never planned on being FLOTUS and has no clue whatsoever as to how she should dress as one.

It's also obvious that she has no clue as to what kind of stylist she needs to hire to do it right.

This bullshit both she and Ivanka try to pull off with the runway/glamour fashion magazine attire is outright ridiculous. It's also quite hilarious.

I can't imagine just what Prince Harry really thought. After all, his mother was Princess Diana - if anyone knew what to wear, and when and how, to look perfect in any occasion in any location, it was her.

• Upvote 14

I think she's going for the scant garde fashion vibe since she used to model. Except it's wildly out of touch and the prices on the pieces she's not repeating don't make her look good- or relatable. So far, it's a flop.

Changing on the plane doesn't bother me. But as one who loves wild fashion myself, she's just sort of missing it somehow as the wife of POTUS. The fashion world is so small and widely derisive even for those in it right now. She'd do better to play it safer.

• Upvote 8

@FundieFarmer. I think the role of FLOTUS requires safer more classic fashion choices. She isn't at the Grammys. I tend to think the problem is an assumption that if it is designer & expensive it will work

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

On 9/22/2017 at 1:33 PM, AnywhereButHere said:

but now that they're forced together I have to believe she's hoping that the dementia kicks in to high gear and he can be rehomed.

Still laughing about this one.  

But seriously, she may be sticking around because she feels like Barron needs his dad. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

But seriously, she may be sticking around because she feels like Barron needs his dad. 

Barron needs her to protect him from his dad.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Is she wearing gaucho pants?

Yes. With a crease. Because that makes them even better. 

I saw multiple internet headlines that declared that outfit "dazzling". Dazzlingly odd, I guess. 

• Upvote 9

@candygirl200413, @GrumpyGran: There's always room in the patriarchy for the "right kind of woman" (aka one that squishes herself into the pre-approved, teeny-tiny box and never sticks a toe outside of it). Along those same lines, there's always room in the xenophobic society for the "right kind of immigrant".

Edited by warriorblade8857
Additions.
  • Upvote 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic