IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

On 9/20/2017 at 10:34 PM, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I'm morbidly curious to know whether or not they're absolutely terrified on their wedding nights.  I suspect that they are to some degree, and my heart goes out to them. 

omg me too... I've thought about that a lot actually. I like to hope that they don't just jump into it that fast....  I can't imagine going from such extremes, i think it would be scary enough going from never even being allowed alone together to living alone together much less can't even kiss or front hug to full on sex. 

On 9/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Lol. I used to assume it was Tontitown House as well and then I'm pretty sure I saw someone else refer to it as Tater Tot House so I figured that was the original! Never knew it was supposed to be Tinker Toy House!

Also, on mobile I can see the double underline but it doesn't do anything if I tap it or press and hold it.

I always thought it meant "the tin house"

On 9/21/2017 at 6:08 AM, moreorlessnu said:

I hope Kendra shares with the Duggar girls how she does her hair, and the products she uses. She has very long hair that she maintains very well. Her hair looked beautiful for her engagement, not straggly, etc.

she also has way better skin than the duggar girls

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/21/2017 at 6:08 AM, moreorlessnu said:

I hope Kendra shares with the Duggar girls how she does her hair, and the products she uses. She has very long hair that she maintains very well. Her hair looked beautiful for her engagement, not straggly, etc.

I'd love to know how she does her hair, too... Though I suspect a good amount of it is genetic. I have naturally fine, straight hair and I don't think mine could ever look like that. I wish it could! It reaches a certain length and then the bottom starts to get thinned out. About to chop it to right around my shoulders, which will at least be good for drying my hair faster now that I'm exercising more.

23 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

In a TLC interview with Jana and JoKen, they mention that they're trying to finish the building of a house before they get married. 

Mentioned towards the end of the video:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2017/9/jana-s-take-on-wedding-planning

Watching that video and the one that follows it, I notice how Joe is often stroking and holding Kendra's arm.  He lightly strokes her arm in a very natural and affectionate way.  For such a seemingly shy young man, who has always seemed a bit awkward it is sweet to see him behaving in such a normal and affectionate way with his first girlfriend  future wife.  It also makes me think these two were able to have more physical contact than what they willing to admit to on the show.  At least, I hope this is true.  I truly don't understand the need to have such stringent physical touching standards during the engagement. 

I liked that they rated Jackson a 6 as a chaperone. Did they need a 10 while rollerblading in the outdoors? I was glad that they were wearing knee pads and helmets. It still amuses me that they have to have a chaperone in a public place. I don't care how horny you are, chances are slim that you're going to lose all control in a public park.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

It still amuses me that they have to have a chaperone in a public place. I don't care how horny you are, chances are slim that you're going to lose all control in a public park.

Ahh but they might kiss, hold hands, or front hug. Therefore a babysitter is a must.

On 9/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, faraway said:

I'm LOLing so hard at this. You know you're too young to get married if that's where people think your honeymoon will be. :pb_lol:  As the fundie wedding age gets lower I'm just picturing some of these fundie kidults at legoland for their honeymoon. 

Nah its not an age thing, I'm 27 and I can't wait to ditch the kids to take an adults only trip to Disney with my husband. It's fricken fun! I am certain we will still feel this way ten to thirty years from now.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:34 PM, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I'm morbidly curious to know whether or not they're absolutely terrified on their wedding nights.  I suspect that they are to some degree, and my heart goes out to them. 

Not the Duggars but in an episode of Bringing up Bates where the bridesmaids were making candles for Michael's wedding Erin mentioned that she was very worried about learning to kiss and then doing "the big shabang" or something along those lines on her wedding night and asked Michael if she was worried. Michael said she wasn't worried at all and it isn't something that even crossed her mind to be worried about. (I don't buy it.) And then Erin says "she must have read the encyclopedia or something." (This is mostly paraphrasing but it was all along these lines.)  Also I believe it's Tori who says "I wouldn't be worried about the wedding" and giggles which is why they start talking about being nervous about "After the wedding."

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It still amuses me that they have to have a chaperone in a public place. I don't care how horny you are, chances are slim that you're going to lose all control in a public park.

This is a family where when the parents were acting as chaperones for teenagers, dryhumped mini golfing in full view of everyone and on camera. 

@VineHeart137 Thanks for pulling up the clip. I am so ashamed at how close my recap of that scene and what they said was.

:shock:

The whole scene really struck me though because the girls but Erin especially were so honest about "the big shabang." And they all referenced sex almost like a normal bachlorette gathering but if it was junior high girls throwing the bachelorette party.

That's funny, reading the encyclopedia was literally how I learned about sex. I wasn't looking for it, I just happened upon it while reading the "S" volume.

On 9/21/2017 at 4:37 PM, mizandry said:

I mean I also say this as a 23 year old who giggles A LOT and has been treated like shit for it in an extremely sexist way from teenhood on, by all genders. I literally can't help how I laugh. The fact that I even feel inclined to explain why I laugh the way I do, that I've even had to analyze it because OTHERS do all the time, is kind of indicative of just how deeply entrenched misogyny really is in our communities. Women are constantly having to monitor how they express being nervous or happy or really any genuine, authentic emotion. I'd rather not perpetuate that.

I was told "don't laugh like that" as a kid.  As a result, I smile.  I never laugh unless I am alone and watching something funny.

Just over to DFO and someone commented about Kendra asking permission to hold Joe's arm if she thought she was falling. lol

' No, just fall flat on your face onto the sidewalk so it won't stir up ungodly feelings.' or something close to that.

LOL. Not sure why but I can't stop laughing.

1 minute ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Just over to DFO and someone commented about Kendra asking permission to hold Joe's arm if she thought she was falling. lol

' No, just fall flat on your face onto the sidewalk so it won't stir up ungodly feelings.' or something close to that.

LOL. Not sure why but I can't stop laughing.

When I watched that scene I laughed out loud without even meaning to mock them. It was just so completely hilarious and ridiculous. 

On 22/09/2017 at 11:56 AM, BabyFactoryClosing said:

Obviously everyone's different but I can confirm the terror. I got married on my 18th birthday after being raised in a fundylite homeschooling house. The thing of it is my parents ADORED my then boyfriend and his parents and thus let me visit him in his home country regularly so we had lots of *ahem* alone time and even still we spent most of our wedding night watching Disney channel absolutely sick with nervousness. We've both since left religion and have enjoyed 8 years of fabulous intimacy but the first few weeks were hard :p. I can't imagine never even being alone and then concieving...

I just went looking for a quote from a few years ago about a couple with an arranged marriage who waited a few months to have sex after marriage.  They took things slowly so both were comfortable when sexual intercourse occurred.

FYI you get some interesting reads when you type 'sex after arranged marriage ' in the search box.

I could not find the quote, but I found lots of other interesting stuff :omg:

Back to typing interesting stuff into the search box to see what else I can find out. :my_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I liked that they rated Jackson a 6 as a chaperone. Did they need a 10 while rollerblading in the outdoors? I was glad that they were wearing knee pads and helmets. It still amuses me that they have to have a chaperone in a public place. I don't care how horny you are, chances are slim that you're going to lose all control in a public park.

I mean some of us may have, um, 'lost control' in a public park, but only at night in the dark after a bunch of drinks, so I think the Duggar kids are probably okay.

*taking myself to the prayer closet now*

I would have given Jackson a 10 and made special request that he always be my date baby sitter.  Dude gave some good space, while still letting his presence be known.  10 out of 10.

A trip to Disney World without kids or being a kid is blast. I went last year the first full week of December and it was mostly a blast. And I wouldn't really think twice.

My advice is get the dining meal plan. Skip the Beauty & Beast resturent & do the main French one in Epcot. The Jungle one in Magic kingdom was the best when I was there. Make resverations in advance for both rides & dinning. Dinning depending on where you want to eat at 6 months in advance might not be enough to get in to certain places. If you want to ride on the Frozen or Snow White ride if you are going to want to ride them then sign up right away with Fastpass. Also if there is any after hours party get tickets because it's free range of that park. Me & my husband found the wizard card game in the magic kingdom to be a blast. I also hesitate to recommend the animation resort for on site hotels but most of the issues was mainly with the bussing situation at the time then the hotel.

Although if you want to visit Disney World or Universal Studios in Orlando the two weeks right American Thanksgiving is the best. Both theme parks are as close to empty you can get.

Do we know how the Duggars feel about Disney? Many Baptists were boycotting them a few years ago because they started providing benefits to gay partners some time ago, before gay marriage was legal. Maybe they've accepted that they've lost that battle in the culture war.

Also, Disney is heavily involved in cable television, so if it's being filmed, whether they can go to Disney depends on the corporate relationship between Disney and TLC.

I don't see them going to Disney because it's expensive. Yes they have the money know and/or TLC would foot the bill to make it a plot line, but still. More importantly, the kids don't watch TV or movies...would they even know who the characters are? Is Disney any better in their minds than their beloved Silver Dollar City? (No snark on loving little local places, I know nothing about Silver Dollar but please tell me someone else here loves Knoebels in Pennsylvania as much as I do...)

35 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Do we know how the Duggars feel about Disney? Many Baptists were boycotting them a few years ago because they started providing benefits to gay partners some time ago, before gay marriage was legal. Maybe they've accepted that they've lost that battle in the culture war.

Being a lifelong Central Florida resident who lives within driving distance of the theme parks, I can tell you that (from hearing about it on the local news) Disney World has hosted Gay Days celebrations for years.  At least as long as I can remember.  Can’t remember when Disney started providing benefits to same-sex couples, but same-sex marriage was legalized here in January 2015, about 5 months before the Supreme Court decision that opened it up to the rest of the country (one of only four Southern states to do so before that decision, the other three being Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina).  It wouldn’t surprise me if those Baptists were boycotting Disney World just for the Gay Days events.  (Believe me, Orlando is one of the few Southern cities to have embraced its LGBT community as much as it has, even before the Pulse shooting.)

8 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Nah its not an age thing, I'm 27 and I can't wait to ditch the kids to take an adults only trip to Disney with my husband. It's fricken fun! I am certain we will still feel this way ten to thirty years from now.

Hell yeah! We are in our 40's and have adult/teen kids. It's fun to have all this time with no kids in the house. And we are both sooooo much more uninhibited. :laughing-rollingred:It really has gotten better and more fun with time.

5 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Huuby and I went to Universal Studios alone a few years ago, it wss fantastic!!

I went solo last year and did ALL THE HARRY POTTER THINGS all by myself. One of the best days of my life. :)

I wound up doing housework with Joe and Kendra's wedding playing in the background. When Joe repeats 'With this ring I thee wed," he totally says 'wing' and then corrects himself. I say they celebrate their anniversary every year at a wing shack, and Joe will have mints in his pocket that Kendra will have to dig out after dinner. :giggle:

We do either Disneyland or Disneyworld (sometimes both) every year without kids and have a blast. I actually kind of wish we'd done WDW for our honeymoon... There is something incredible about the look on a 4 year old's face when they first see Cinderella and her prince. But....it is also really nice to get a good dining plan, sleep in, then head to Epcot for a reservation at lunch, use a few fastpasses over there, get a wine slushie in France, then head over to the Magic Kingdom and play until the park closes (fewer littles running around at night and shorter lines!).  We have so much fun having an excuse to just hang out together while in line. We have a no phone while in line rule although we do sometimes use one to play two person games. i highly recommend Disney without kids!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived