Jump to content
IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

Kendra's speech pattern reminded me of Joy, too! Not sure if it's just because they are a similar age from the same area and are part of the same circle.

 

About her giggling: I'm a 25 and I still giggle a lot :pb_confused: I probably sound a little like that around my SO sometimes. I just find a lot about life kinda funny, I guess. I won "Best Laugh" in the graduating student superlatives in my law school class so hopefully it's a good amount and doesn't annoy too many people! 

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LacyMay said:

(sidebar- in my mind I always see TTH as Tontitown house, my snark game is weak.) 

Wait, what?  I wondered what TTH stood for, thought about it and decided it was the acronym for Tontitown house.  Is it something else?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Wait, what?  I wondered what TTH stood for, thought about it and decided it was the acronym for Tontitown house.  Is it something else?

Assuming you're not on mobile, if a word or acronym on this site has double underlines you can hover over it to see what the FJ meanings are for that combination of letters. If you're on mobile, I'm not sure that works.

In this case, it's Tinker Toy House, a reference to how they bought the steel frame works and roof panels and put the house together themselves (more or less).

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The depressing thing is, most girls who go through a giggly phase grow out of it...  and their boyfriends of the time.  I'm sad Kendra is married to her first BF.

(And yes, I know some of the FJers married that young, and to their first love and it went well - BUT they all had a ton more experience, and were allowed to hold their BF's hand, and see him without a chaperone.  This isn't about young marriage, it's about exceptionally sheltered girls married off to a guy they believe they couldn't be alone with before marriage, or touch his hand, because it would be a sin)

  • Upvote 32
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, they are kind of cute, and Joe seems - dare I say it? - relatively egalitarian considering his upbringing.

And then I remember that they are married with almost no possibility of divorce, and that it is almost certain that they are using no form of birth control. 

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

The depressing thing is, most girls who go through a giggly phase grow out of it...  and their boyfriends of the time.  I'm sad Kendra is married to her first BF.

(And yes, I know some of the FJers married that young, and to their first love and it went well - BUT they all had a ton more experience, and were allowed to hold their BF's hand, and see him without a chaperone.  This isn't about young marriage, it's about exceptionally sheltered girls married off to a guy they believe they couldn't be alone with before marriage, or touch his hand, because it would be a sin)

I agree with all of this.  Seeing her in that episode with the rollerblading just made me sad.  She seemed so young in terms of her personality.  It seems like these sheltered teens are encouraged to stay so young and sheltered until their wedding days, where they are then expected to become fully sexual adults in a committed relationship within a matter of hours.  I'd like to know more about what type of education they receive in regard to being in relationships and even understanding sex and the feelings that go along with sexual relationships.  I strongly suspect they get basically zero education on this topic, and I'm morbidly curious to know whether or not they're absolutely terrified on their wedding nights.  I suspect that they are to some degree, and my heart goes out to them. 

  • Upvote 32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Assuming you're not on mobile, if a word or acronym on this site has double underlines you can hover over it to see what the FJ meanings are for that combination of letters. If you're on mobile, I'm not sure that works.

In this case, it's Tinker Toy House, a reference to how they bought the steel frame works and roof panels and put the house together themselves (more or less).

Lol. I used to assume it was Tontitown House as well and then I'm pretty sure I saw someone else refer to it as Tater Tot House so I figured that was the original! Never knew it was supposed to be Tinker Toy House!

Also, on mobile I can see the double underline but it doesn't do anything if I tap it or press and hold it.

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Wait, what?  I wondered what TTH stood for, thought about it and decided it was the acronym for Tontitown house.  Is it something else?

I always say Tater Tot Hut in my head. 

  • Upvote 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Buzzard said:

What kitchen is that?

10 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I didn't watch the whole thing but it looked like the "pretty kitchen" in the TTH  (sidebar- in my mind I always see TTH as Tontitown house, my snark game is weak.) 

It's the kitchen in the Duggar guest house (the one in the warehouse on the compound, not the pool house where Jill and Derick had been staying). There are pictures of it here:

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2015/08/11/visit-with-family/

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I agree with all of this.  Seeing her in that episode with the rollerblading just made me sad.  She seemed so young in terms of her personality.  It seems like these sheltered teens are encouraged to stay so young and sheltered until their wedding days, where they are then expected to become fully sexual adults in a committed relationship within a matter of hours.  I'd like to know more about what type of education they receive in regard to being in relationships and even understanding sex and the feelings that go along with sexual relationships.  I strongly suspect they get basically zero education on this topic, and I'm morbidly curious to know whether or not they're absolutely terrified on their wedding nights.  I suspect that they are to some degree, and my heart goes out to them. 

This. So much this. 

Seeing her talk about their standards for courtship  and how she and her dad discussed it and her holding his arm for balance while rollerblading would be ok was so hard to hear. 

She had to ask her dad's permission to hold onto his arm so she wouldn't fall. 

But 5 months later they would be expected to start filling a quiver. 

  • Upvote 36
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope Kendra shares with the Duggar girls how she does her hair, and the products she uses. She has very long hair that she maintains very well. Her hair looked beautiful for her engagement, not straggly, etc.

  • Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lomo6 said:

Yeah, they are kind of cute, and Joe seems - dare I say it? - relatively egalitarian considering his upbringing.

 

In marriage or in general? Because he's worn enough fundie buzzword t-shirts for to know he's got a high horse. 

  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starcasm clearly needs to start reading here because they brought us This Article. We don't know where Joe and Kendra are. They may be in Japan, they don't have instagram and we have not seen hide nor hair of them post wedding. The only evidence that are indeed in Arkansas is a video that was likely shot before the wedding. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Starcasm clearly needs to start reading here because they brought us This Article. We don't know where Joe and Kendra are. They may be in Japan, they don't have instagram and we have not seen hide nor hair of them post wedding. The only evidence that are indeed in Arkansas is a video that was likely shot before the wedding. 

What a gem of an article.

Check my reading comprehension, please:  Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo “marked the occasion in New Zealand” after tying the knot in Australia.

Tying the knot in Australia? WTF is Starcasm, anyway? lol

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

WTF is Starcasm, anyway? lol

Trying to be relevant and really failing lol! :) 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Trying to be relevant and really failing lol! :) 

I thought that was what the Duggars are doing ;) 

(I don't think they have any concept of relevant actually) 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That "article" was poorly written at best and I personally found it disgusting. Is that kind of crap what Starcasm is generally known for or was someone just trying to be "funny" and failing spectacularly?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have we discussed the fact that one of the twins (Jer I think) is missing from the siblingphoto from the wedding anywhere? 

I can't believe I counted and then spent enough time looking at the photo to figure out who was missing ... :pb_confused:

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Damn it. Now I'm hungry for oatmeal cookies. 

But....oatmeal cookies are not chocolate chip cookies...are they......

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JPickleDuggar said:

they actually did look really good

I had just happened to be near Subway the other day when I watched that clip of them baking together. I normally only like chocolate chip, but guess who ended up buying two oatmeal raisin cookies? :my_biggrin:

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you know how bad you all are for the waist line? First, I had to buy a piece of banana bread to go with my caramel apple spiced cider on Monday, when I came down with a cold (felt too crummy to make my own). Now, you have me digging out my favorite oatmeal spice cookies recipe. Not long ago, you inspired me to bake biscuits! Sadly, talks about vegetables don't have the same effects.

  • Upvote 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • samurai_sarah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.