IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 15: now with Mason

laPapessaGiovanna

If I categorized all Brits by the ones I see in small-town East Anglia (where my in-laws live), I'd say all Brits are:

• Pro-Brexit
  • Anti-Immigration
  • Drunks
  • UKIP supporters
  • Uneducated
  • Overweight
  • Living in council housing
  • Disabled (or carers)

But I've spent enough time in the UK to know better. Perhaps if you spent a few weeks/months/years in the USA @SorenaJ, you'd have a better understanding that what you see on the teevee isn't fully representative of who we are.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

How about a noodling gender reveal? :pb_lol:

I actually saw that.  I have to admit, if you are going to do the reveal thing, go big or go home so the noodling was brilliant IMO because who the fuck does that?

Noodling?! Oh man, do I even want to click on the link for that? LOL

People believe what they want to believe, and if putting words in my mouth (is that even the correct expression? I feel like I have said it so much it becomes weird), makes you happy, then go for it. I have as of this moment (okay more like 30 seconds) run out of fucks to give, because I just bought cake. 

Last few point before cake: 

1) Being anti =/= hating. 

2) When people quote/tag/question me. I will reply. This is not arguing for the sake of arguing. 

3) I don't believe all stereotypes to be true, but I have right to acknowledge problematic issues. 

4) UK is problematic as well, and I disagree with a lots of the ways things are being done. 

5) I have never taken a single PolySci class (I'm a physicist) 

- SorenaJ out :icecreamsandwich:

Gender reveal parties do kind of bug me because  a lot of the time (not all the time, but c'mon - guns or glitter?) they're prematurely foisting all kinds of stereotypes on the poor kid. I had my barbies and my lightsabers, my princess dresses and my Godzilla action figures. My parents never cared about gendered toys, I had a mix. If I ever have kids, I'll talk to them about pronouns/trans/gender, make sure they know what's up, use the pronouns they want me to use and encourage them to explore their identity. It's not looking like I'll have kids anytime soon (or ever) so it's not really relevant to my life.

Ideally, I wouldn't dress my babies in gendered clothes. I'd dress them in tiny Halloween costumes. "Are you a boy or a girl?" "Well CLEARLY they're a sheep." :sheep:

13 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

Noodling?! Oh man, do I even want to click on the link for that? LOL

Haha, the video isn't bad. I personally can't imagine willingly putting my arm inside a catfish though!

I don't understand the fishing thing. So they put the pink tag on a hook and then catch a fish? Clearly, I am not a sportsman. Ha ha. 

We knew after the sonogram about my son who is 28. My JinderReveal party was a telephone call to my aunt and my mother. 

The best, most tacky gender reveal party EVER was Jill Rod's! It is hard to beat hosting a gender reveal party for yourself right in front of the hospital vending machines while your sister is in critical condition. She also covered up actual hospital signs to direct people to her party. 

I'm an atheist, vegan and American! But I try not to be annoying about it. 

yeah, i think i'd prefer a stupid GunsOrGlitter cake over witnessing Jill and David waddle out of a women's restroom with their hands on her belly like a four-legged walrus.  (apologies to walruses)

@SorenaJYou have those rights. You don’t, however, get to be a self righteous jerk about it and you should expect to get pushback from others when you are. 

At least we can agree that cake is wonderful. Enjoy your’s (seriously - I wouldn’t wish bad cake on anyone.)

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The best, most tacky gender reveal party EVER was Jill Rod's! It is hard to beat hosting a gender reveal party for yourself right in front of the hospital vending machines while your sister is in critical condition. She also covered up actual hospital signs to direct people to her party. 

Why do I get the feeling that Jill would probably take this as the biggest compliment ever? :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Why do I get the feeling that Jill would probably take this as the biggest compliment ever? :pb_lol:

Jill wallows in being tacky and offensive! The best part of her gender reveal party video are the poor souls who just wanted a snack while visiting a relative in the hospital. They wander towards the vending machines, pause and look confused about what the fuck is happening. Can you imagine going to get some coffee while at the hospital and ending up in the middle of a tacky gender reveal party?! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I think for gender reveal parties people use stereotypes for boys and girls because it would be inappropriate to write penis or vagina and have images of genitalia on a cake. Anything else and you are using a stereotype. 

4 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I think for gender reveal parties people use stereotypes for boys and girls because it would be inappropriate to write penis or vagina and have images of genitalia on a cake. Anything else and you are using a stereotype. 

You mean gender reveal parties shouldn't feature erotic cakes? 

Damn it, now I have to replan mine... 

The worst part about a gender reveal party is attending one. The parents-to-be don't understand that the only people who care about the sex of the child are them and maaaaybe their parents or other kids. I went to one for my SIL (a truly insufferable individual) and there were like 70 people there. I am fairly certain she did it for gifts as she had multiple "events" prior to the birth of her first, and then subsequently invited close to 100 people to his first birthday...like give me a break. Anyway, we stood around in the July heat frying like popcorn while kids hit a pinata that exploded with blue candy and their parents ran around trying to stop them from eating off the ground. That was a summer Saturday afternoon I'll never get back.

Oh man how I did I forget about JillRod's tacky party. I had to look at that video again to laugh.

I mean doesn't she have a few left over ones from the other kids?? Knowing she wanted more,wouldn't she have saved some of their baby stuff? 

Right...Jill was asking for stroller donations when she already had eleven kids (no stroller?) and her sister was laying paralyzed with the medical bills piling up.

Oh, she had a stroller, she just wanted a new one. I wonder if she invited the Duggars to the Tacky Hospital Gender Reveal. 

That was painful, especially the Jesus Loves Me. Dont know how much Amy could share, and how weird for other people there. Very often people visiting are not there for a happy occasion.

i noticed that her plates and decorations came from the Dollar Store. Not snarking on that. I'm putting together a baby shower for our refugee family in town, and I'm going to use the same plates, but girl only.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh man how I did I forget about JillRod's tacky party. I had to look at that video again to laugh.

God their home videos are so creepy. Reminds me of footage you'd see on a 90s Dateline-esque show.

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

The worst part about a gender reveal party is attending one. The parents-to-be don't understand that the only people who care about the sex of the child are them and maaaaybe their parents or other kids. I went to one for my SIL (a truly insufferable individual) and there were like 70 people there. I am fairly certain she did it for gifts as she had multiple "events" prior to the birth of her first, and then subsequently invited close to 100 people to his first birthday...like give me a break. Anyway, we stood around in the July heat frying like popcorn while kids hit a pinata that exploded with blue candy and their parents ran around trying to stop them from eating off the ground. That was a summer Saturday afternoon I'll never get back.

I think we might be the same person.  My sister in law is also an insufferable person.  And in turn, she’s made my brother in law a gigantic douche nozzle.  And yeah, they did the same thing with the gender reveal.  I was sick that day, but my husband went and it was basically a circus sideshow.  There were soooo many people there and you were told what to wear.  But, she was literally inventing having a baby so it had to be a big deal! [/ sarcasm]

My gender reveals entailed my husband and I going to the ultrasound, getting the results, finding a place for lunch and then after we sat down and ordered, we sent out a group text to our parents and siblings that said “It’s a boy!”  It was a very classy event.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived