IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 15: now with Mason

laPapessaGiovanna

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It is sad, he seemed to have some drive when he was younger.  IIRC, he came up with a spice blend recipe he thought he could sell, was doing video editing, helped create websites for politicians, worked on building the TTH for years (no choice), then sold used cars before starting the FRC job that I'm convinced JB got for him.  I really think that if he had been encouraged to learn, and allowed to have more typical relationships with girls, things might have turned out much better.  Not saying he isn't a creep, but I think a lot of potential bad behavior in people can be avoided by being encouraged in a healthy, productive direction.  Imagine being the eldest son in a family who has decided to follow Gothard and his ideas on homeschooling and discipline and not limit their number of children.  I believe that Josh's hopes and dreams were all stifled in favor of JB's ideas on what was best for his family and the Lord, and maybe he lost hope.  I feel very bad for the young Josh.

I liked Josh early on and didn't find him that smug the way others do, he seemed to want to make his business work and had good tech skills. Taking the job in Washington was his undoing and maybe if he had stayed in his car lot job, he wouldn't have been exposed. The problem with Josh now is his reputation would maybe put people off buying cars from  him and politicians may not want him designing websites for them.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GlasgowghirlAgree about his reputation likely putting people off.  It would put me off (not that I live anywhere near Arkansas), and I actually have some sympathy for him.  If I were to meet him I'd have a hard time not remembering what he did to his sisters.  Maybe he can do some useful and viable work from home or find something that limits his public exposure.

I suspect his undoing began well before Washington.  My guess is he needed professional help as a teenager, which may or may not have been necessary if he had different parenting, more opportunities to interact with girls in healthy ways, and had opportunities to pursue his dreams.  I'm pretty sure he didn't want to become a used car salesman.  Don't know how well dating would have gone for him, but I'm thinking possibly fine if he had had male peers who he could have shared his thoughts/feelings/experiences with and girls he could casually get to know vs. courting.

Yeah, Josh was undone before Washington, IMO.  I remember those bored-out-of-his mind Instagram posts when he was "running the car lot".  He never did any work and came off as totally smug, entitled shit far more interested in being entertained than supporting a wife and family.  Makes sense to me that the need for entertainment extended beyond fast food and playing around on the internet. 

I wonder sometimes how JB and Michelle make sense of how Josh went off the rails and what part they played in it. Since they’ve never wavered from Gothardism and kept the baby factory going even when the family was in chaos, I assume they just go with the Satan building fortresses in Josh’s heart explanation. After all, Josh was kept from everything that was supposed to cause bad behavior: no modern music, no dancing, no TV, no video games, no outside kids from school or church to peer pressure him, no exposure to drugs/alcohol, and no scantily clad females. Rather than re-examine their beliefs and how they failed Josh and the girls he hurt, JB and Michelle just doubled down on their toxic beliefs.

I don't think Josh will ever see the error of what he did. He's so smug. He was completely unqualified for the job in Washington but he was offered it because of his last name. 

On 1/9/2018 at 9:15 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Nice toilet shot.

I didn’t see the toilet in the background at first. I thought you meant Mason was making an “I’m pooping” face and JB was the toilet. 

By undoing I meant that it led to his exposure, if he hadn't been involved in the FRC and preaching about Gay marriage. I don't think he would have been exposed when he was. I think in the beginning he was happy with marriage and his job but his issues were always going to reappear, that's why he went online to cheat. Josh was denied any proper help when the abuse happened but he was failed even before then, all the older kids needed proper counselling, including Jana and John David. Josh had a lot of pressure on him to be successful from Jim Bob and Michelle and he should never have been put in that position on national TV as a teenager 2 years after the abuse happened, that was down to his parents. 

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Josh had a lot of pressure on him to be successful from Jim Bob and Michelle and he should never have been put in that position on national TV as a teenager 2 years after the abuse happened, that was down to his parents. 

While i put a tremendous amount of blame on his parents for what happened to their daughters and then for putting their son first, with regard to Josh sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.  

Anna posted on Instagram, again. She's been active on Twitter for awhile, I wonder what made her decide to come back to Insta also.

Also, I don't think this was ever posted, but Meredith was missing Jana while she was in Australia. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

Spoiler

I agree that Josh had some drive when he was younger, but that's not the same as knuckling down and actually doing the hard work.  He may have had ideas and wanted to accomplish some things but I never got the feeling he wanted to work too hard at it. 

On 2/9/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jana814 said:

I don't think Josh will ever see the error of what he did. He's so smug. He was completely unqualified for the job in Washington but he was offered it because of his last name. 

I agree that Josh in all likelihood has not grasped the full extent of what he did to his sisters and to his wife and kids.   Sure he got "punishment" but in both cases, neither went to the heart of things: what was really wrong with him.    He needed real therapy with a psychologist/psychiatrist not Jesus Jail. 

I remember when he got the FRC job.  He had just no idea of how things worked.  The first day on the job, IIRC some of his sisters went with him wearing flipflops.  Good grief, wondered how that must have looked to the office staff.  I could just imagine the eyerolls amongst them (meaning the staff, not Jinger this time).

Not at all surprised he's back at the car lot.  Agree that doing work that would keep him out of the public eye would be better, seems to me he would want to hide from the public after all that has surfaced about him but it might be a measure of how he still doesn't get it.  Might just be all he knows to do.  Might be it's a comfort zone for him, after all, he's back in his local area.

In any case, seems to me that Josh will not do much for himself.   The Crown Prince of the family has royally screwed up, he had his chance to be the shining star (FRC job even if unqualified) but his personal issues apparently got in the way.  Daddy will be supporting him and his family for years.

Ugh. Anna’s new posts popped up on my IG feed so I checked back through her old posts. I forgot how judgy she always came across, and how much she pushed the pro-life agenda. 

Meredith looks a lot like Jennifer to me. Mason is a total cutie. Anna is back, I wonder what brought that about or was it just time? Wonder when she will start showing Josh again? 

23 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I'm honestly so curious what made Anna revive her Instagram. 

Maybe its as simple as she misses the attention her kids used to get from people.  

The conspiracy theorist in me says that it's all part of the Duggars' long-term strategy to rehabilitate Josh's image. Like they've got it all mapped out in detail, and February 2018 is 'Anna returns to Instagram' month. In March we'll probably see a bunch of 'Happy 30th Birthday Josh' videos. I doubt that Josh will ever get back on social media himself, though. Unless he feels like getting torn to shreds the minute he tweets again.

I think Anna want to be like Jessa and maybe start advertising products to bring in money. I don’t blame her. People and the press want to always know how she’s holding up so she realizes she there is a market for it now and money to be potentially made.

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Anna want to be like Jessa and maybe start advertising products to bring in money. I don’t blame her. People and the press want to always know how she’s holding up so she realizes she there is a market for it now and money to be potentially made.

She probably needs to bring in money, Josh as far as we know isn't doing anything and isn't in the position to do much more than work for dad.

51 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Maybe its as simple as she misses the attention her kids used to get from people.  

Can't imagine that Anna's life is all that great these days, so that is why she is venturing out.   It's been some time since the Joshgates and Jesus Jail and maybe she's finally seeing what life with her husband is going to mean for her.  It's not going to be the same.  She's got to miss the attention (and the perk)  so getting back on social media is perhaps one way to restore some of it.

I feel sorry for Anna. I think if she had a better social support system she may have left Josh. I think she was pressured by her parents and all of the Duggars to stay put or be cut off from family and friends emotionally and financially. She had no skills or social support to lean on and was pregnant with three kids... I think she wanted to leave but wasn’t mentally strong enough to rely on herself. 

She may get more mature and decide to leave one day... I wish she would do something like Whitney Bates who is working now but I fear she may continue to have babies.

Anna’s brother hated Josh and Offered to take Anna in. She refused. Plus it may have more to do with not wanting to separate her children from The only grandparents and cousins  they really know and all the Physical  comforts  and luxury  the Duggars money  can offer. 

Yes, I think it had a lot to do with her not wanting to be uncomfortable physically and uprooting the family. I think she personally wanted/wants out but wasn’t emotionally able to handle being on her own and having to support herself. I think it was too much for her to handle mentally. If it was a typical family, she might’ve been able to stay with supportive parents who could have encouraged her. I don’t think she could handle being on the “bad side” of her parents and her in-laws. I wish she would take “baby steps” like Whitney has done by getting her real estate license and job. If Anna was encouraged to take classes or find part-time to doing something she’d enjoy, it would allow her to become more emotionally independent. I used to say I didn’t feel sorry for her after she rejected her brother’s offer but I changed my mind. She would’ve upset the Duggars,her parents, get a job, and possibly put her kids in school. I don’t think she had the emotional maturity to do what she truly wanted—- leave Josh.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived