IGNORED

Jinder's Dresses: A Very Subjective Rundown/Review of all Duggar Wedding Gowns

Jinder Roles

I will update my list too

So,  jinger and Jessa are preatty much tied for me (I wasen't following so much the Duggar around Jessa''s wedding so don't know if it was altered) I like how Jinger look happy and confident in her dress. I also very much like the photos of Jessa she look very well in her dress and it wasn't white! Bonus point 

Then Kendra's very fitted to her stile young and princess 

Then maybe Lauren she dared to made something different from all the other D wedding, fitted and very much her 

Abbie  (at least for now) she look happy but I don't know it dosen't look really the best for her 

Anna, poor Anna has to use her sister dress and altered for her, the dress is very plain and it dosen't fit her 

Jill ugh really bad, it dosen't fit her and she ruined it with the alterations 

Joy a really trainwreck, a Frankenstein dress it not fit her, it doesn't show the best of her and as othershave said it seems that the dress is wearing her and not the other way around as it should be 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Interesting to see how you guys liked the dress. 

I’ll post my updated rankings when I see more of it, so I can give it a fair review.

spoiler alert: I’m not a huge fan so far. I wasn’t expecting much from Abby’s dress anyways. She looks really happy though. 

• Upvote 3

Have I don't this before? Not sure. Here's my list:

Jinger/Jessa (I swap these two back and forth as my faves, so they tie for 1st)

Lauren

Abbie

Anna (the style is fine, and the dress was pretty - I wish she'd had a professional do the alterations)

Amy

HUGE HUGE HUGE gap

Kendra

HUGER GAP

Joy/Jill (both dresses looked like steaming piles of shit, imho)

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I’m going to wait until I’ve seen Abbie’s dress from different angles. Seems like it suits her from the two shots I’ve seen.

• Upvote 3

1- Jessa - I love this and would wear it every damn day. And in my wedding. Even though I am far, far too old and would look ridiculous. Love it. 

2- Lauren - Pretty much tied for 1st for gorgeousness. Stunning. Surprisingly, I like Lauren’s dress much better with the alterations she made. 

3- Kendra - Very bubbly, completely suits her.

5- Joy - I liked it. And thought it suited her. I’m glad she didn’t end up with something over-structured. 

6- Abbie - So far looks great.

7- Jinger. It’s undeniably gorgeous, especially that train, but it looked like it was wearing her. 

8- Jill / Anna tie - They were both perfectly fine, just not my favorites.

• Upvote 3

1. Jinger. Lovely, modest without obnoxious alteration, and she really looked elegant in it.  Home run, all the way (especially with the cute, flowered heels she had hiding under it)
  2. Abbie. Surprised at how much I like it. It’s pretty without being overdone, and it’s a little different from what I was expecting. 
  3. Lauren. I think I may have liked it a little more if the sleeves were either capped or 3/4 (the length she had is a little too close to t-shirt for my taste), but it was nice to see a fundie bride having a real opinion and embracing her figure a little. 
  4. Joy. They’re all pretty bad from this point on, but I put  Joy’s here because it’s neither a sparkly t shirt nor a misshapen sack.
  5. Kendra. My hatred of the sparkly t shirt knows no bounds, but it at least it fit properly and seemed to mostly suit her. 
  6. Jill. Tragic, but I can at least see what she was aiming for. Also? Points for not being  a T-shirt.
  7. Anna. It’s bad. It’s really bad. That said, she didn’t have a lot to work with, so I mostly give her a pass. 
  8. Jessa. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I can’t stand it. I hate everything about it - the bedazzled t shirt top (that didn’t even seem to fit properly), the skirt looks kind of deflated (am I remembering right, that she had some layers removed?), the color just feels weird (and I’m normally a fan of non-white wedding dresses), and I honestly feel like it’s more the kind of thing a kid would wear playing dress up which, if I’m being honest, was kind of the vibe I got from her wedding as a whole. If the littles had been wearing tiny versions as flower girl dresses, I’d have thought they were adorable. As an (allegedly) adult woman making a lifelong commitment? Not so much. 
  • Upvote 4

I may have done this before but I'm doing it again. 

1. Laurens dress - so daring and different then other fundie ladies. Very fitting for her look - old Hollywood glam to me.

2. Kendra because it was so very her. It suited her personality and her age so well. The ruffles, the sparkles we're just very on point to match the bridesmaids glittery bubbly personality. 

3. Jessa takes the third spot for the color and the already modest nature of the dress. She loved it and she was daring enough to go with it. She seemed thrilled and that adds to the beauty. 

4. Jingers dress was very elaborate and very unwieldy but she was very articulate about what she was looking for and it really fit the time of the year and the aesthetic they we're going for. Not ridiculously original but classy and pretty nonetheless. 

4. Abbies dress so far suffers the same problem as Jinger in terms of originality - it's not ranked in my mind much different. I'll have to see the rest to know for sure. But at this point it looks a lot like other dresses we've seen recently. 

5. Jill because she found a dress she liked but she didn't know how to make it look like it was meant to be modest. I'm sure there were better ways to go about it but at least she picked something she liked for the bones. 

6. Anna/Joy - I feel like these two didn't even really pick dresses for them or what they liked so it really didn't matter to me if it looked nice. Your wedding dress should be what you want it to be, whatever that is. 

• Upvote 2

Finally saw a full pic of Abbie's dress so I can update my list

Jinger is still top of the list for me, I  loved her dress and veil and her over all look she was stunning, it was elegant and very Jinger.

Abbie is now 2nd, I LOVE it, the lace on the hem, the sparkly belt, the top and the tulle skirt, her hair, she looked fantastic,

Jessa, loved the color and style, she looked beautiful and it suited her, she was glowing and it seemed like the dress was made for her.

Lauren, I loved the veil, the fit of the dress and the detail on the back, just wish she'd worn her hair up to show off the back or she'd be my #3.  She looked beautiful but a little nervous and unsure of herself, I attribute that to her being so young.

Kendra, I loved the skirt, didn't care for the top as much, it was a little over the top for me sparkle wise,  Abbie & Jessa's sparkle is more to my taste, her hair was lovely and she looked ecstatic and the dress was so her, sparkly and frilly.

Anna, the dress was OK, it was simple and nice, there was nothing spectacular about it but nothing horrible either. Her hair was a crunchy nightmare but it she was a poor fundy girl who's learned to do her hair better.

Joy, I liked the lace on Joy's dress, I liked the dress even the sleeves, just not on Joy, I think the dress would have looked better on someone else. It was too matronly for someone as young and spunky as Joy is. Her veil was pretty, I think she looked lovely, but uncomfortable. I still wish she'd chosen the tea length polka dot dress they showed, but she didn't' try on, that was so cute and she would have looked adorable in it.

Jill her dress could have been pretty, but she altered it into an ill-fitting mess, I did like her hair and veil, and she looked pretty, very happy and relaxed, but the dress was just awful, and lets not even get started on her lack of footwear.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 11/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I actually really like Abbie's dress! It's just about what I'd guessed for her, lace bodice & flowy skirt, only I thought she'd go long sleeves. I don't think I've updated my order since JoKen so here goes:

1. Jinger - still, slay QUEEN.
  2. Abbie (for now at least until we see full pics)
  3. Lauren - unique, she knew what she wanted, love it. 
  4. Kendra - very her, kind of predictable, but she rocked it
  5. Jessa - beautiful unaltered dress, but still think it was too sparkly-princess-prom-y for Jess. 
    *big gap*
  6. Amy - simple, clean, nice, but boobs
  7. Anna - simple, clean, nice, horrible fit
  8. Joy - trainwreck
  9. Jill - even more trainwreck

yep, sticking with this for now haha. i love weddings *heart eyes* lol. damn fundies and their shitty beliefs...

Love this post and re-joined just to join in it!

Best dress by far is Jinger - elegant, timeless, stylish, flattering and she actually had proper wedding hair rather than and extra turn with the curling tongues.  Loved her shoes, not so keen on the number of colours used for the bridesmaid dresses though.

Abbie- so pretty, really suits her, well fitted and modern.  A normal dress rather than an obviously modest number.  Also bridesmaids dresses, flowers and grooms outfits nice.

Lauren formfitting and elegant, her modestly alteration to the back actually worked.  She has a great figure and the dress (unusually for a fundie) showed it off. Hair down a disappointment though.  (not keen on Lauren as a person  "you need a breath mint honey" in a TV interview- just an awful thing to say)

Kendra- a bit OTT but she is young and fun and it suited her personality.

Equal as all have issues are...

= Amy  - far too much boob

= Jill  very poor modesty alterations but  I (controversially) quite liked the look she was going for.  Bridesmaid alterations did not work..

= Joy, I like Joy and feel sorry for her (cold, cold husband) but that dress was too old for her, did not suit her personality and made her look bigger than she is.

=Anna it was of its time not awful but not great, her hair was a disaster.  However she went first and I am sure would do it differently if she married now (please do not do a renewal like Zach and Whitney.  He is not worth it, Anna you are too good for him)

Then Jessa - I know many of you loved this but I hated it.  It did not fit well, there was something wrong with the skirt, I know she has taken layers out and it just did not work, I did not like the colour. As arguably the best looking Duggar girl I expected better.  And the cheap looking bridesmaid dresses were a no.

Then huge, enormous, great gap 

Michelle, that bloody monstrosity she wore to renew their vows.  It was not great to start with, over the top, blowsy, unflattering and  far too young.  Then they started with the hideous modesty alteration!  She should have left it at wedding one where she actually looked  really nice. I suppose there was money from TLC and Yes to the dress in in going the full white wedding for a renewal.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1- Jessa - My wedding dress was pretty much the Jezabel version of jessa's so obviously it has to go first lol

2- Kendra  - i loved it! Super fun and even though it would've swallowed most people she totally wore it! I would've picked something like this if I wasn't trying to look older in my wedding pics (I was 24 but I still looked 16, at 26 with a baby right now people still ask if he's mine or if I'm the nanny... Im hoping this babyface will pay off one day)

3- Jinger - gorgeous and perfect for her silhouette

5- Abbie  - if she lived it then great but it looks very generic to me.

6- Joy - girlfriend didn't even really pick it out, I can't decide if she thought Austin would like it or if she was just over dress shopping and miss renees intolerable voice but she never seemed to care much for it. Who's happy makes me sad in a way because these girl spend thier whole life catering to thier parents  and husbands and this is like thier one day to go wild and be a fundy princess.

Major gap

7- Lauren - just not my style ... it looked like us had a 1800's slip on

8- Jill  - frankly that s dress was unflattering and I feel like she had this monstrosity altered just to draw attention to how modest she was and to potentially look fugal. 

*Anna- I don't put Anna on the list because I don't think she had any say in her dress and the kellers did the best they could.

Edited by Daisy0322
  • Upvote 2

Ok, there's been a couple weddings since I last ranked the dresses so let's do this again.

1. Still Jessa. I just love this dress so much. If I got married, I would wear a dress like this. It had personality.

2. Lauren. When I first saw the top and thought it was a tshirt dress, I didn't like it. When I saw the whole thing I was shocked at how sophisticated and sexy it was. The back detail is gorgeous and it really showed her figure beautifully.

3. Kendra. Fun and sassy and young. Ton of personality. Great dress for a young girl like her.

4. Jinger. This one just lacked personality to me. It's like she walked into the bridal salon, said "give me the kate middleton" and that was it. She looked lovely and it fit her well though.

5. Abbie. Like Jessas, but not as good IMO. 

6. Jill. nah.

7. Amy. This dress was so plain, it was like a blank dress template that they forgot to actually design.

8. Anna. Classic fundie shirt dress. At least she had the excuse of being the first to marry into the family and it being pre-mega fame. Because of that, it's still not the worst.

9. Joy. Didn't fit, wasn't cute, was matronly, etc etc etc. Awful dress. She is not a fashion girl, which is fine, but she would have done so much better in something simpler.

10. Michelle's redux dress. Disaster.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

:crashh:Hey Y'all. I know I'm suuuuper late but I have never cared so little about a Duggar wedding,  was busy with life. I just watched the TLC special and looked up some pics of D'abbie's wedding. Let's jump right into it.

Abby's Dress: It's Nice. 

Abby wore an A-line dress with a beaded-lace bodice and tulle skirt. The scalloped cap-sleeve neckline complimented her loosely pinned tendrils and embellished headband. Our newest Duggar also wore a layered fingertip veil with a blusher and beaded trim. She completed the look with a sparkly silver belt and lengthy scalloped lace train. Much like karma - or herpes - Ms. Renee is back again with this safe number. 

I don't even have anything to snark on y'all. The only word that comes to mind is nice; the dress was nice, the hair was nice, the creepy submission thing in the vows was nice, John and Abby are nice couple. Like all nice things, it won't last forever and evidently they will do something fundie and will cease to think they're nice. But such is the nature of these weddings. It's nice while it lasts ;) 

I'm gonna need Jana to show up to her wedding in bright red latex dress with a flaming 'O' backdrop so I can feel again. These fundie nuptials  just get more mundane and repetitive. 

Bonus points: 

1. A cohesive wedding look (stick to what you know Ms. Renee!) 

2. Okay, that sparkly belt and train were actually nice. 

3. Abby wins for best Duggar wedding jewelry. 

Penalties 

1. John David attempting foreplay in public with that first kiss. 

2. Stealing Whitney Bates bridesmaid dresses (*Lizzie McGuire voice* Abby Grace Duggar, you are an outfit repeater!) 

3. I wish the dress had some more character so I could feel something other than apathy. 

4. Can we please have another colour scheme? I get gender roles and all, but no more pink!

Spoiler

?a=Files.Serve&File_id=D831B7FF-F06F-425

Spoiler

?a=Files.Serve&File_id=F6C843FD-1F39-4AB

Spoiler

?a=Files.Serve&File_id=137C5FAA-9200-4EB

UPDATED RANKINGS 

1. Jinger (Forever #1 for making her sisters walk behind her with that 13ft train. It was extra AF and she was unapologetic)

2. Lauren (I love a dress that says business in the front, and party in the back) 

3. Jessa (Princess Blessa's rebellious pink dress will always have a place in my heart. Extra points for being petty enough to put her bridesmaid in some ugly ass dresses. I love a messy queen)

4. Abby (I mean , I did say it was nice) 

5. Amy (extra points for the defrauding her relatives. I really love her wedding dress...we don't talk about the reception dress. 

6. Kendra (It was cute but the more I see it, the less I like it. And I wanted my rainbow poop emoji earrings damnit!) 

7. Joy (Ms. Rennee did you dirty with that one, Joy-Joy)

8. Jill (She did Allure Bridal dirty with those alterations)

9. Anna (Poor girl. #ThoughtsAndPrayers)

10. Michelle (that dress was and will always bee an abomination. I am still salty about it.  #WeWantJustice #NeverForget #StopMichelleDuggar2k19)

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

1. Jinger- classy, elegant, beautiful

2. Abbie- a pretty dress

3. Jessa- Princess dress, but Jessa is a princess so it worked for her

4. Lauren- I would've loved this dress on someone else, but it seemed weird for something this sexy to be worn by a teenage virgin.  The dress, on it's own, is great

5. Kendra- fluffier than what I prefer, but it worked for her.  I could see how it would be fun to wear this dress

6. Jill- What was going on with that midsection

7. Anna- I like the simplicity, but it was cut weird and didn't fit her right (but then it wasn't hers to begin with, so I guess that is to be expected)

8. Joy- Frumpy

9. Michelle's renewal dress- just no

10. Amy- the whole ceremony, the entire congregation is praying the same prayer- "please, Lord, don't let the boobs fall out of the dress."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Stealing Whitney Bates bridesmaid dresses (*Lizzie McGuire voice* Abby Grace Duggar, you are an outfit repeater!) 

Come on now.  Be fair.  Obviously they bought them used from the Batesessess and saved the difference!

• Haha 10

1.Kendall I love her dress and she looked great in it and so happy, I love her decorations. It looked really nice. 

2.Jinger's dress is a very close second and I love the different colored bridesmaids dresses. The downside was the big V.

3.Jessa-loved her dress and it looked great on her, minus the bridesmaids dresses but compared to the others puts it in third

4. Abbie-looked great in her dress, loved the bridesmaids dresses

5. Lauren-loved her dress and it looked great on her especially the back part, didn't like bridesmaids dresses 

6. Jill-I never thought Jill's wedding would move up the list but it surprisingly did. Mostly due to others being worse. Her dress would have been so much better if they hadn't altered it or if she just found a more modest dress, the bridesmaids dresses wouldn't be so bad if not for the white modesty panel and maybe if they were sew better.

7.Anna-this is hard one for the obvious reasons (the groom), I know lack of money played into it but she wore a dress that didn't fit her and didn't look go on her, but the bridesmaids dresses were really nice.

8.Joy-The dress didn't fit her or look like it was even put together well, I didn't like the bridesmaids dresses or Jill's maid of honor dress with the white thing on back looked like a doily on her back.     

• Upvote 2

Gotta say that Anna's bridesmaid dresses really were the best ones, hands down. Also her wedding dress wasn't that bad at all, I liked it because it is timeless and simple. A sparkly belt would have really set it off, though.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Gotta say that Anna's bridesmaid dresses really were the best ones, hands down. Also her wedding dress wasn't that bad at all, I liked it because it is timeless and simple. A sparkly belt would have really set it off, though.

I actually don't understand why they didn't fit the dress a bit better. I know it came from one of Anna's sisters, but some extra tailoring could perhaps have made it more her own. Was it so ill-fitting because of "modesty"?

On 11/21/2018 at 9:42 AM, Photograph 51 said:

1. Jinger- classy, elegant, beautiful

2. Abbie- a pretty dress

3. Jessa- Princess dress, but Jessa is a princess so it worked for her

4. Lauren- I would've loved this dress on someone else, but it seemed weird for something this sexy to be worn by a teenage virgin.  The dress, on it's own, is great

5. Kendra- fluffier than what I prefer, but it worked for her.  I could see how it would be fun to wear this dress

6. Jill- What was going on with that midsection

7. Anna- I like the simplicity, but it was cut weird and didn't fit her right (but then it wasn't hers to begin with, so I guess that is to be expected)

8. Joy- Frumpy

9. Michelle's renewal dress- just no

10. Amy- the whole ceremony, the entire congregation is praying the same prayer- "please, Lord, don't let the boobs fall out of the dress."

Agreed!  You nailed it!

I never really liked white wedding dresses (Jessa's isn't technicaly white but it's pale enough for me) and seeing the Duggar and Bates brides only solidified my opinion. Modest white dresses tend to look too princessy or too stuffy for my liking while with immodest ones I always feel like- if you ascewed all traditional aspects of this type of dress why keep the whiteness as the only rule?

Jinger had a flaterring silhouette to her dress but the train was ridiculous, the sleeves looked cheep and itchy and her hair (bonus for doing something with it) looked too fake for me. Like she went into her father's hairspray stash.

Jessa and Kendra both looked like fluffy cupcakes. They both seemed to love their dresses which is great but they look very kitchy and juvenile to me.

Lauren went a different route which I applaud. I don't know why the end product looked kind of smug. Maybe because of modesty talk while choosing a dress clearly not meant to be modest or because of her hair covering the centerpiece of the dress up.. I don't know, something was off.

Joy clearly didn't have any interest in those dresses she tried on and it showed. I picture her in something totaly fun and a bit country, like a plaid patterned A-line with a hankerchief egde and shirt like top.

Jill should have gone boho, like Josie Bates but sleeveless. Her dress was a mess of different styles with zero coherence to it.

Abbie played it totaly safe, not much to say on that one. The dress left me dead cold. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/16/2017 at 7:36 AM, just_ordinary said:

I am a sucker for all things wedding too. So here my list:

1. Jinger

2. Kendra

3. Joy

4. Jessa 

5. Jill

6. Anna 

Late to the party- here my updated list:

1. Jinger

2. Kendra

3. >>> new in<<< Lauren

4. Joy 

5. Jessa 

6. >>>new in<<< Abbie

7.  Jill

8. Anna 

Anna’s dress loses because, even if the idea of a simple dress is great the cut and the fit were awful. Jill's at least has features that could have made it nice if they fitted it properly.

Abbie’s dress and whole bridal look is nice but VERY generic and already a bit dated. It looks like “standard bride #4“ from a view years ago (unsure if this was before or after every dress was strapless). There is just nothing remarkable about it. At least she doesn’t stand out in a bad way I guess.

Jessa and Joy are a close run. Joy's dress was a bit boring after Jinger's WOW but more my style. Jessa's suited her really well but is still more a prom dress for me.

Lauren surprised me big time. The dress is sexy and sophisticated and has a beautiful vintage feel to it. Sadly, the veil, while gorgeous, covers most of it. Her hair ties with Jinger’s up do for best hair but covers the wonderful back. It’s like as if she wanted it all but didn’t notice that it would take away from each other.

Now, Kendra's dress is gorgeous. It is modern and fun. Maybe a bit less ruffles? 

Jinger wins this because I love the dress and if I would marry again this is what I would wear.  For renewing my wedding vows I would go with something like Kendra's though.

• Upvote 2

I agree that Abbie's wedding and bridal party look is indeed "nice". There is nothing WOW about it, but you also can't really say anything bad about it, and you have already seen it several times on your Facebook newsfeed in the last few years. 

But I don't think that is the worst wedding crime she could have committed. I don't know, I am in the midst of wedding planning myself and Mr LBE and I have taken the approach that we would rather play it a little safe and be a bit "boring" or "like we haven't seen that before" than do something crazy and "out there" that ends up falling flat or looking ridiculous. And I feel like with so many weddings out there, almost everything nice you can do has been done before and that's OK.

We don't care what other people have done, we just want our wedding to be nice for ourselves and make US happy when we look back on it. It doesn't matter to me if someone I used to work with and one of my cousins have very similar flowers if I like my flowers, and I don't care if my friend's sister had a similar dress if my dress flatters me and I like it.  

Edited by LawsonBatesEgo
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1. Jessa. The dress was beautiful, without any weird alterations, and most importantly it fit her age, style and personality. I also think the colour of the dress is great. Still the best wedding dress to date, four years later.

2. Lauren. I wasn’t immediately won over by Lauren’s dress but the more I look at it the more I like it. I think it’s a surprisingly sophisticated choice for a 19-year-old and the alterations made to the dress actually made it better. I do wish she had worn her hair up, though, to showcase the back of the dress.

3. Jinger. The dress itself is timeless and elegant, with a great silhouette and beautiful lace. I do however think the dress with the long train and veil was too much for such a petite bride as Jinger.

4. Kendra. It’s such a young, fun and happy dress - just like the bride who wore it. Of all the dresses I think Kendra’s is the one that represents the bride the best, I really couldn’t imagine her in anything else. 

5. Abbie. Simple, pretty and flattering although nothing extraordinary. I did like how she wore her hair though.

6. Joy. I don’t think Joy’s dress is awful, but it does look a bit patched-together. 

7. Jill. The modesty alterations on this were really not well done. I also really dislike the sash, I think it makes the dress look more dated than it could’ve been. The lace on the gown is beautiful, though.

8. Anna. First of all I want to say that I don’t think it’s really fair to compare Anna’s dress to the rest. Her wedding was many years earlier and obviously done with a much smaller budget. If any of the Duggar girls had gotten married then I doubt any of them would’ve ended up with the kind of dresses they did. 

That being said, it’s a good thing t-shirt dresses are a thing of the past... 

TBH I think the Duggars usually do quite well when it comes to wedding dresses. Even if many of the Bates girls are better dressed on a regular basis, the Duggars beat them easily when it comes to wedding gowns. Tori’s dress was quite pretty, but I was not a fan of the darker colour underneath the lace. I would probably put her between Kendra and Abbie on this list, and Josie between Abbie and Joy. 

• Upvote 2

Updated rankings:

BRIDES

1 - Jinger 5ever. It is extra af in a way that's still very elegant, it fit her beautifully, I live for updos, and IDGAF about how impractical it is; that's the point. 

2 - Lauren. On the complete other end of the spectrum, praise be to Meghan Markle for showing that modest dresses don't need to compensate by piling on embellishments. But Lauren, girl, that back detail was great; an updo was needed. 

3 - Kendra. The prettiest darn child bride around (fight me Josie Balka), but it was sparkly and frothy and fun, and she was wearing the hell out of it, which is a feat because it's easy for a dress like that to overwhelm its wearer. I just wish her bouquet didn't look like she went to a salad bar and said "YES. THAT." 

4 - Jessa. HOORAY for out-of-the-box modest and blush. It was prom as hell, but it fit great, she looked happy as can be, and it was so unapologetically what she wanted. I'm into it. Again, I would have liked an updo and a college education and less abhorrent views, but what can ya do. 

5 - Abbie. I'm simultaneously underwhelmed and really liking it. It's an understated dress despite all the lace and sparkle, and while it's kinda...basic, as the kids say, she makes it shine by looking just so darn thrilled to be in it. The true star of the show is her hair, though. So renaissance-y, and makes me kinda wish she'd gone with a more renaissance-y dress to go with it. But she looks fresh and lovely, so a success.

6 - Joy. I like the idea of the dress and the individual components of it (lace all over, lacy three-quarter sleeves, simple a-line), but it just looks so slapped together and not "Joy". The other girls' wedding dresses really fit and showcased their personalities, but this just did nothing. Despite all the personalized details, it just seemed so perfunctory and generic. I think it was a reflection of Joy just not giving a fuck, but not having the assertive "IDGAF" attitude that Jessa had about her wedding (to its benefit and detriment). 

7 - Jill. Oh, Jill. The sanctimonious modesty frankensteining, the odd fit (and she has the figure to ROCK a mermaid), the superfluous crystal embellishment that just didn't mesh with the hippie/country vibe she was clearly aiming for...and don't get me started on the husband. 

8 - Anna. Points for DIY, but the ramen hair (why was that a thing), the Holy Matrimonial T-Shirt style of 2009, the even worse husband...I wish she'd pull a Whitney Bates and have a do-over, but that would mean recommitting to Turd. So instead I propose that she divorces his ass and marries herself. 

9 - Michelle 2.0. Kleinfeld should have sued. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Duggars:

1) Jessa (the fundie dress to beat)

2) Abbie

3) Kendra

4) Amy

5) Jill

6) Lauren

7) Jinger

8) Joy

9) Anna

10) Michelle #2

Bates:

1) Whitney #2 (the perfect outdoor dress)

2) Whitney #1

3) Alyssa

4) Erin

5) Michael

6) Tori

7) Josie

I just don't like long sleeved wedding/formal dresses.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic