IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

From today's bullshit post:

God carried you through with a housekeeper and a nanny. It's not really a 'marvel', its more economics.

Kenny boy paid for that nanny and housekeeper. I wonder if he was ever secretly pissed at times for paying for services that Lori could have been doing. It reminds me of the episodes of The Mindy Project, where Mindy was a SAHM and because of that and money her ex decided not to have the house cleaner go to their house. On the other hand, Ken might have felt that paying someone to clean the house was worth it because Lori wasn't going to get things done. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Personally, I have to question the whole trusting God thing, but even on a quick read I can see a world of difference between her attitude and Aunt Lori's.  This woman comes across as a bit frustrated, quite understandably so since it seems she has physical problems that the doctors don't know how to help, or what is causing them...I'd be frustrated too, to say the least! But I can't imagine her snapping at everyone around her, bossing her family around and forcing them to serve her, or showing a total lack of sympathy to women who desperately need help, or at least good useful advice. I don't know this woman personally, but if what I'm reading here carries over into everyday life I think I could respect her, despite disagreeing about religion. That's something Lori will never understand. 

She has a blog. I enjoy following her. She grew up in a wacko fundamentalist cult. 

Right now, I don't do much housework...it's just not worth the pain. I pick up, soak the dishes and try to keep things up. BUT...it's because I have legit problems right now. Here's hoping the next go round of injections solves the damn problem and I can get my life back.

22 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

I know I'm an atheist, but wouldn't the words of your own God take priority over the words of a mortal man like Paul? Yeah, yeah, stupid atheist thinking Jesus, who Christians state is God himself, is more important than a reformed Jewish missionary. What would I know, right? 

I agree with this.  Of course, I am pagan so I am really suspect.  But seriously, I know far too many fun die's and fundie lite Christians who hang on every one of Paul's words, and ignore some of Jesus' teaching (love one another, don't judge, etc)

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I went to one a month ago or so. Overpriced and very long. And they do a chicken demo and really claim that cleaning a cutting board you had raw chicken on with their cloth and water then just rinsing the cloth with water is safe. They have a little "lab demo" that shows no blood residue on the cutting board and claim that means no bacteria either. I was sitting next to a lab tech from the local hospital who said that that is not how it works. She was about to lose it.

I have a cousin who used them until her granddaughter (thank god for the granddaughter) told her that she was going to make herself sick.  My cousin already has serious medical issues (and that is one reason she was using the Norwex, because it was supposed to make her life a bit easier).  Thank goodness she got rid of them.  

I googled norwex scam and got some interesting hits.  One comment was about a demo:  The woman who demo'd the Norwex wiped raw chicken on the counter, then proceeded to wipe the counter with the cloth, wiped her hands then put her fingers in her mouth.  Can you say Russian roulette?  Stupid, idiotic, blah blah blah

@jerkitStrange I am not seeing that on her instagram right now. That looks like Hobby Lobby I am guessing. 

Did you all see her gluttony post where she quotes someone saying "there is nothing wrong with being hungry or having an empty stomach". Yup, she has eating issues big time. I imagine that is how they rationalize not feeding the hungry around the world. Meh nothing wrong with an empty stomach, suck it up and suffer! There is a big difference between gluttony and a full stomach. You can be full on good foods! They make it seem if you aren't hungry or have a full stomach you must have filled it with crap. 

@jerkit - Oh I never understood that. I guess you have to follow to see. 

A reader corrects her post title. Its suppose to be strengthen, not stretches. Lori then admits she has short term memory problem. Golly what else does she mess up then that we don't notice right away? Should someone with memory problems be a teacher? She chose the picture for the post based on remembering the verse incorrectly!

shorttermmemory.thumb.PNG.704458b4c02e141f2096923cfacfc647.PNG

Since she doesn't have any hobbies (she claims just reading and writing) she probably thought the store wasn't for her based on the name, but once she discovered the huge home decor section....woah!  Now there is a hobby for her. And HEY I thought she wasn't window shopping anymore!

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Florita  She could also be lying about being unable to lift anything over 5 lbs.

A very convenient weight number as it prevents her from doing anything around the house and forces Ken to provide a housekeeper if he wants a clean house.  Much like Lori putting hot pots on her counter tops to crack and ruin them forced Ken to agree to renovate the kitchen now, not in a few years.

Not saying she is lying, but it crossed my mind given her other lies.

In my experience, a 5-10 pound weight limit is pretty common with spinal issues.  Mine is 5lbs, but it's unrealistic as has been pointed out.  I've had that weight limit since I was around 19 or so.  I had kids when I was 21 and 24.   I couldn't lift them out of cribs as newborns because I had c-sections, but after that healed, I carried my kids because...you have to.  I also carried them in a car seat and carried a diaper bag again, because you have to.

My dogs weigh in the 5-8 pound range and I lift them off the bed and stuff like that.  My cats are like 12-15 pounds and lifting them is harder for me, but I can do it if necessary.  Usually, I just encourage them to move on their own ;)

I do pay for lifting things over my weight limit depending on what it is and how it has to be lifted, but it's really unrealistic to never pick up anything over 5 pounds and I'm pretty sure I'm like the average person that has a weight restriction.   You do what you have to do as carefully as you can.  

I was extremely careful about weight limits for the first year after both my fusions because they need time for the bone to grow around them and keep them stable, but now I don't worry that I'm going to "break" a fusion if I lift over 5 pounds.

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Personally, I have to question the whole trusting God thing, but even on a quick read I can see a world of difference between her attitude and Aunt Lori's.  This woman comes across as a bit frustrated, quite understandably so since it seems she has physical problems that the doctors don't know how to help, or what is causing them...I'd be frustrated too, to say the least! But I can't imagine her snapping at everyone around her, bossing her family around and forcing them to serve her, or showing a total lack of sympathy to women who desperately need help, or at least good useful advice. I don't know this woman personally, but if what I'm reading here carries over into everyday life I think I could respect her, despite disagreeing about religion. That's something Lori will never understand. 

I follow Elizabeth Esther, too. She is getting medical care. She has used psychiatric medicines in the past and sought therapy. She has not revealed her current diagnosis, but has shared that she is on medication for it--a lot currently, and reading between the lines, I suspect that dosages have to be worked out and that is the frustration. Trusting God is part of her equation, not the only thing. 

@feministxtian says:

Unfortunately, LV is sorta known for the sex trafficing industry. Prostitution is illegal here in LV...the legal brothel is outside city limits and I think it's legal in Reno (I could be wrong).

It is not legal in Clark County or Washoe County... you have to go to Pahrump (pretty sure it's the only reason people go there...).

Or "fun facts you learn in NV high school"...

4 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

I googled norwex scam and got some interesting hits.  One comment was about a demo:  The woman who demo'd the Norwex wiped raw chicken on the counter, then proceeded to wipe the counter with the cloth, wiped her hands then put her fingers in her mouth.  Can you say Russian roulette?  Stupid, idiotic, blah blah blah

The woman selling it at the one I was at stuck her fingers in her mouth after the chicken thing, too. I forgot about that until I read your post. Apparently it is part of their whole sales pitch. 

There is nothing wrong with cleaning with microfiber cloths. But you can get them way cheaper than theirs and you can wash them. But I wouldn't clean up cutting boards I used raw meat or poultry on with them. As someone else said, paper towels and Lysol or Clorox cleaner for that. I'd like to get a mitt one to dust my blinds with, but I'll grab a $4 one at Target rather than paying them a small fortune for one. 

GOD WOULD NOT HAVE CREATED US OR MENTIONED JOY IN THE BIBLE SO OFTEN IF HE DID NOT WANT US TO BE HAPPY!!!!:ENVOUTER::RAGE::pb_mad:

IMG_2662.PNG

WHY Lori chose to share this despite all her claims that we are to be joyful is beyond me.

50 minutes ago, jerkit said:

SHE USED THE WORD DOOKIE?!?

Sadly, no. She didn't write the post with that word in it. Lori would have just said "poop."

20 minutes ago, molecule said:

Sadly, no. She didn't write the post with that word in it. Lori would have just said "poop."

But she did publish the word dookie which is just as funny

This post is full of Lori's usual agenda and her propaganda. But you know what? It's about a difficult MAN. It's not about one of those bad, rebellious women. It's about a bad man. It admits (implicitly) that a man can be the cause of a divorce or separation (or even thoughts of one). And that tells me that FJ is having an impact.

We've had an impact on you, Lori! (waves)

@AlwaysDiscerningDo you think that perhaps Pastor Jay has at last had a word with her? This is an amazing post from the 'always right' , constantly deleting dissent Lori!

I can only hope that this is a permanent set of mind - that she is NOT always right!

I don't know if it would be Pastor Jay, but seems a sign of some other type of intervention perhaps from family. It really is unlike her and its a sorta apology without saying "I apologize" because she isn't quite there yet. Those words are too strong. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived