IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

On 10/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, backyard sylph said:

It's easy enough to do, but canned tomatoes are fair game. In fact, they're likely to have much more flavor in cold seasons than "fresh" ones. And if they've been in a can with green chilies for awhile, there will have been a bit of a marinating effect. There's nothing unseemly in them. I have never heard of people making chili in winter with fresh tomatoes, actually. It'd be different.

Do people not actually use canned tomatoes in their soups and sauces? I make some kind of pasta every week and usually use imported San Marzano tomatoes, squished by hand, of course. I don't buy much canned food, but tomatoes, white beans, kidney beans, and refried beans are always around.

I only use canned red kidney beans, not bagged. If they aren’t cooked right they can make you sick and that freaks me out. 

I use canned tomatoes, canned beans, tomato paste, canned tuna, and canned green chili’s. I don’t typically use ro-tel and things of the like because it’s cheaper to buy a can of tomatoes and can of green chili’s, plus you get more chili’s and I like the spice. 

Also, I looooove canned mandarin oranges. I’m not dillusioned into thinking they’re the healthiest snack but I also don’t really care. Life should be enjoyed with everything in moderation. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I only use canned red kidney beans, not bagged. If they aren’t cooked right they can make you sick and that freaks me out. 

I use canned tomatoes, canned beans, tomato paste, canned tuna, and canned green chili’s. I don’t typically use ro-tel and things of the like because it’s cheaper to buy a can of tomatoes and can of green chili’s, plus you get more chili’s and I like the spice. 

Also, I looooove canned mandarin oranges. I’m not dillusioned into thinking they’re the healthiest snack but I also don’t really care. Life should be enjoyed with everything in moderation. 

That reminded me I'm fond of canned peaches on occasion. :-)  Particularly if I'm sick, I guess they're soothing and remind me of childhood, only Mom bought sweetened ones as they didn't pack them in pear juice, etc. yet. And I will buy canned tuna, salmon, and sardines. They're good and easy for lunch.

I liked that he acknowledged that things get hard and he couldn't post all the time. That at least seemed relateable. 

I fucking hate this patriarcal bullshit:

[Carson] has a special closeness and love for his sweet Mommy. He already takes care of her when I am away at work. I am so proud of him.

Yes, because I am sure Erin desparately needs a two-year-old to take care of her. Stoopid wimmenz who can never just take care of themselves. :pb_rollseyes:

They clearly love their children so I really really hope they either stop having them or at least limit the size of her quiver. Erin has risky pregnancies and I hope Chad loves her enough to not put her in that situation again and again. But at the same time Erin is just as soaked in the koolaid as Chad is and I can somehow see her wanting a lot of children, despite all the dangers. She was raised to believe that this is her only purpose in in life.

3 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Wow, the first of the Bates to have three. I sort of feel sorry for Carson. He seems like such a nice, gentle, quiet little boy. I hope he doesn't have to live with the chaos of a dozen siblings and an overwhelmed mom.

It's not super shocking, I was kind of expecting there to be another announcement from them. Hopefully everything goes well. 

I was hoping that Michaela was the next to announce. Or Whitney since she seems to have easy or at least uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries.

This was pretty much expected. Is it sad when I think inmy head, "at least this baby gap will be 20 months and not 14." 

Erin will have as many as she can until she almost dies (or a baby). Then they will finally stop. Who knows if that will be baby #3 or baby #10....

I feel for Michaela. I was hoping she'd be next.

As for Erin, she's really tempting fate having babies so close together like this. She's got a great little family... why the rush to have more so quickly? 

I'm going to guess Whitney is in no hurry to have more with as much work as she put into getting back into shape and with her new job keeping her busy. I'd be surprised if she has more than 4 children total. She doesn't seem to be the type to be happy being constantly pregnant. 

38 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Well, at least she receives competent prenatal care.

Very true. Dr. Vick will take good care of them. Plus, they've been through two births now. They’ll have a decent idea of what to expect.

ETA: please proceed with caution with the comments. We have a few posters here with Erin’s clotting condition who have made it clear she should be ok so long as she has good medical care (which she does.)

6 minutes ago, marmalade said:

This also pretty much assures that they'll have to leave the cottage. It's only a 2 bedroom house. 

They're fundies. They are known for cramming way too many kids in a home. 

Not surprising, but still a little disappointing. I hope Dr. Vick can help her have a safe pregnancy. It sounded like they were gonna announce something in their last blog post, but they didn't. That kinda gave me hope that Erin wasn't currently pregnant. I should have known better, lol

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

This also pretty much assures that they'll have to leave the cottage. It's only a 2 bedroom house. 

Weren't they looking at a house on one of the episodes of BUB?  It was quite a dilapidated old thing, but Chad was planning on fixing it up for a larger family... does anyone know if they actually bought the house?

52 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Well, at least she receives competent prenatal care.

I've always thought this too.  At least the Bates women are getting good prenatal care.  They also deliver in some sort of medical facility, whether it's a hospital or birth facility.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

It's not super shocking, I was kind of expecting there to be another announcement from them. Hopefully everything goes well. 

This. I’m expecting another Bates to announce soon too. Alyssa, maybe? I don’t think it’ll be Whitney. 

ETA- The baby’s name is Everly Hope. I don’t care for the name but not my baby. 

Called it. I had a feeling Erin would be the next one pregnant. My next guess is Tori, although of course that's making several assumptions (she and Bobby won't prevent, have no fertility issues, etc). Alyssa seems set on staying at 2 kids for now and I kind of feel like Whitney getting a new job and new dog indicates they aren't planning on adding a newborn any time soon but who knows.

42 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Meh. My 2 siblings and I lived in a 2 bedroom townhome with our parents until I was about 10. At one point our grandmother also lived with us so it was four of us in one room and my parents in the other. Granted the rooms were relatively large but still. We made it work.

And, of course, People got some stuff wrong as usual. At least they got both Erin and Chad's ages right this time (the article that claimed Anna was only 19 when she had Mason comes to mind), but it says she's the second oldest. How hard is that to fact chat, seriously? Second oldest daughter, yes. But third child. Why are these mags *always* wrong somehow?

22 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

And, of course, People got some stuff wrong as usual. At least they got both Erin and Chad's ages right this time (the article that claimed Anna was only 19 when she had Mason comes to mind), but it says she's the second oldest. How hard is that to fact chat, seriously? Second oldest daughter, yes. But third child. Why are these mags *always* wrong somehow?

I think these mags get things wrong all the time no matter the topic. We just know so much that we catch the errors pretty easily. 

I'm glad for them, since they clearly seem to want and cherish their children, but can't help but wonder what their choice would be if they "believed" in birth control;  e.g. would they space further apart, or limit family size?

I'm not a fan of the name, but not my kid.  I keep thinking of the Everly Brothers...

17 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm not a fan of the name, but not my kid.  I keep thinking of the Everly Brothers...

I keep thinking they forgot the B in Beverly :-/

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived