IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

To be fair though, Alyssa doesn't strike me as the sort of person that enjoys her entire family hanging around shortly after she gives birth. 

Hopefullyeveryone is just celebrating such exciting events without getting upset about who got more attention!

I think she is fiiiine with them dashing off lol. They did the same thing when Allie was born because Brandon was proposing to Michael and Alyssa was totally relaxed about it. There must come a time when this becomes unmanagable... i have only 1 so cant even fathom how busy life is with 19. Bound to be occasions as these missed

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It bothers me more than impresses me. It's the fundie culture. You look fabulous right after birth because this is what god put you on this earth to do. I'm not saying fundies are expected to have full makeup and hair but fundie wives are definitely expected to look good all the time. Anna Marie Maxwell doesn't wear makeup but her hair was done and she was wearing her nice nightgown in pictures right after she had given birth at home. Same with her sister in law Elissa maxwell. 

I would be impressed if one of these fundies looked a hot mess in pictures posted online and didn't seem to give a single fuck. Now that would be refreshing.

That is true. I guess I’m just feeling like a bloated whale these days and am a tad jealous. I also think it’s part of the southern culture as well as fundie. I’ve known a few girls from the south and they always are put together, no matter the circumstance. I’m glad that I won’t have that kind of pressure on me after I give birth. 

I was looking at Erin's baby weights. 

Carson 6 pounds

Brooklyn Six pounds six ounces 

Everly 5 pounds 4 ounces

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Everly is pretty tiny - only 18 inches and 5 pounds 4 ounces. I don’t think that’s too far off the average size of a 36 weeker, but still. You can’t tell much from the photo, but it doesn’t look like Everly is in NICU so that’s good. Hopefully everything went ok and they get to go home soon.

My 36-weeker daughter born in January was 6lb12oz and I thought that she was impossibly small though apparently a good size for gestational age. But my son (39w) was 9.5 lbs so I wasn’t used to such a small baby.

Zoey at only 6lbs at full term is pretty small for gestational age though.

2 hours ago, mstee said:

I’m always impressed at how good Erin and Alyssa look right after giving birth. Yeah they take the time to put makeup on and do their hair, but I was even amazed at the dress Alyssa was in for her pics. I’m due in May and I plan on living in cozy clothes for quite some time after! I know they definitely want to look good for their pics since they are public figures- I’m just impressed.  Hell, I don’t look as good as them now or even pre-pregnancy :pb_lol: but I’ve never been one to do my hair or put a ton of makeup on. Add in my pregnancy anemia and I’m rocking the pale chic look 

I am sure it is a mix of Fundie pressure, easy births and probably the Day 2 High some people experience. Heard from some moms that they feel overly excited, fit and great at the second day but at day  3 or 4 it all kicks in and they are as exhausted as the rest. Some said they didn’t even feel the pain that day and went for long walks.

I am not sure if Alyssa even minds her parents only visiting so short. Gil strikes me as pretty useless and Kelly might help a tad with the girls but I am not sure how helpful she really is. So while I believe it is nice to have your parents around it might also put more stress on you than otherwise. 

Erin's 36 newborns don't way significantly less than Alyssa's 40 week ones. Maybe Bates ladies just don't have giant babies.

It's too bad that US Magazine article spelled her name "Zooey". :my_rolleyes: Both Erin and Alyssa look great in their pictures, though I noticed Erin had fake eye lashes on so I'm sure that helps! Absolutely no part of me would want to get in full hair and makeup less than a day after giving birth but even if I did, I would not look as good and I guarantee no 'real' clothes would fit. I wonder if they do their own hair and makeup for magazine photos? 

I had my son at 35 weeks and my sister had her son 5 days later. My mom had flown to see me after I gave birth, and then missed my nephew's birth because she was still visiting me and couldn't get up fast enough. It's fun to have a nephew who is almost the exact same age as my son, even if we are in different states. 

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Everly is pretty tiny - only 18 inches and 5 pounds 4 ounces. I don’t think that’s too far off the average size of a 36 weeker, but still. You can’t tell much from the photo, but it doesn’t look like Everly is in NICU so that’s good. Hopefully everything went ok and they get to go home soon.

My middle daughter was born at 36 weeks and was 5 lbs 8 oz. She didn't need any extra help, we brought her home the usual time, but boy was she tiny that first week or so! 

I can't imagine even wanting to do my hair/make up after giving birth for photos. I was sore and just wanted to lay there. :pb_lol: 

I'm glad both Erin and Alyssa didn't pull a Jill and had closely monitored births. Not that I thought they would, but it can't be said enough.

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My middle daughter was born at 36 weeks and was 5 lbs 8 oz. She didn't need any extra help, we brought her home the usual time, but boy was she tiny that first week or so! 

Lol! My daughter (who is currently toddling around and demanding i share my bagel with her :pb_rollseyes:) is a 34 week, 5 pound NICU grad. She didn’t start wearing Newborn clothes until she was around three weeks old, so she was pretty tiny too. Anytime I see a low birth weight combined with a premature birth, the first thing I worry about is if a NICU stay is/was required. Everly and Erin look like they’re doing pretty well though, which is great. 

My cousin was a preemie.She was due in April of 1963,but was born on January 31,1963.She had to stay in the hospital for 3 months.At the time,they didn't have preemie clothes etc.She wore doll clothes.She weighed about 2lb 10 oz,at birth.

That picture with Kaci and Whitney is dare I say precious to me ( now I got wash my mouth of that word of precious cause fundies really ruined it).

Also that second picture with the bates account of Everly with her duck face made me laugh out loud.

28 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

more pics of Everly

and more pics

Hide contents

Wait. Was Everly 5 lbs 4 oz? Or 5 lbs 14 oz? Ten extra ounces can make a big difference! 

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Wait. Was Everly 5 lbs 4 oz? Or 5 lbs 14 oz? Ten extra ounces can make a big difference! 

we'd have to ask Erin for clarification I went back to see if maybe the article had changed it. but nope  the article still says 5.4

Beautiful babies.  

Everly looks like Kelly/Erin to me.  

And she has a lot of hair too.  (There was a picture of her without a hat or bow!)    

I can’t with that hat they put on her. The bow is just so ugh and bigger than her head almost. I know it’s personal taste but I just can’t stand it.

That's so many people around. New baby. I don't think I even took my newborn out in public for a month. I was paranoid.

Such a tiny baby shouldn't be hold by so many people. I understand the importance of the siblings bond and it's positive for Carson and Brooklyn to hold Everly, but if I were Erin, I would have banned cousins and young uncles visits for a few days. All newborns, but especially fragile ones, deserve quiet time.

I don't see Erin as relaxed as some posters said. She is obviously wearing a lot of make up, but if I look at her eyes, she seems exhausted (and it's normal!). 

I would be paranoid having so many kids around the newborn because it's still flu season. When I visited my cousins when they were born, my dad was a stickler about making sure our hands were washed before we held the baby.

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic

Archived