IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

They wouldn't call themselves "worldly" though! That's one of those words that means something very different within some Christian subcultures, where it's kind of a synonym for "ungodly."

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  It really grinds my gears when they refer to each other as "Godly".  I find that downright blasphemous tbh.  As Christians, we recognize our own humbleness before God.  Always trying to rise above our humanity (not in "rightenous" but being servants imo), and with the full awareness that we can.never.be.God or like him (hence why we need God in the first place).  

^ I realize this philosophy is not just a Christian thing, or even a religious thing (as most humans know not to behave like animals to one another), but just trying to reflect on the way these fundies word things . . . Though since there's not much logic going on there, I understand it's probably pointless *sigh*

*stepping off my soap box now!*

@Firebird I'm so very sorry for your loss hun *virtual hugs*

I forgot to add to my earlier post . . . I was kinda surprised that Jinger didn't give Jessa a bigger hug.  Jeremy gave a big hug to both her and Ben, so I don't think it had to do with him suggesting to her not to.  Maybe it's as simple as she forgot deoderant that day lol.  But yeah, I still believe they'll be moving down asap, and all minister together at a church.  I'm in the camp that Ben works directly for JB as his landscaper or something (nothing wrong with that, they have so many properties, they need all the help they can get!).  But I think as soon as Jeremy has a bigger church, where he can hire a youth minister, everyone will feel the calling for Ben to fill the role ;)

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

So, what was the surprise?

That no one's liver shut down from drinking and watching this nonsense. 

34 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

But I think as soon as Jeremy has a bigger church, where he can hire a youth minister, everyone will feel the calling for Ben to fill the role ;)

I think as soon as Jill and DerWRECK get a home and settle the hell down, they will move, I don't think any of them want the chance of those people moving near them.

10 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Jinger sporting the crunchy curls and a skirt since Jessa is around? Why not rock her shorts/pants? When Spurgeon starts up and they ask Jeremy about kids, between the laugh and him saying "hot button" under his breath...I think he likes being the cool uncle but he's not wanting his own for awhile, even though he seems good with his nephews. But the hot button comment leads me to think the pressure from her family must be heavy.  Jinger has definitely blossomed, even with Jeremy's icky beliefs, I think he's pushing her to broaden her horizons. 

I never watched it but would love to see this being said under his breath. I think at first he did not realize how thick they were with this baby crap. And I am positive that the baby issue has been a point of contention for him.  He comes from a culture where you never ask a person if they are pregnant yet, or when they will be. IT is rude and offensive to most people. 

Id imagine on this one issue alone he has realized what he has gotten himself in for never mind all the zillions of other rules. I believe it is heavy heavy heavy pressure from her family. They have ZERO boundaries. They have been raised to tell every bleeding thought that crosses their minds to an accountability partner. 

And I am not so sure now that Jinger has "leaved to cleave" if her alliances are as much with Jessa as Jessa wants.  If they are yakking on about them having kids then clearly the issue has not been raised to the point where they have had that all out and out conversation concerning their views on procreation. 

18 hours ago, nst said:

Jeremy and Jinger are way to polite 

A friend said Mr Moon and I are too polite to each other.    Well, he is the most important person in my life (and I in his) so we both feel that the other deserves the respect that being polite offers.    Why would I be more polite to a stranger in the store than to the one who I see everyday and love so much.    

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think as soon as Jill and DerWRECK get a home and settle the hell down, they will move, I don't think any of them want the chance of those people moving near them.

I think it was telling that Jill said that Isreal doesn't mind to move  around.  You think he is a child he thinks you people are normal.  Little does he know 

19 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I hope Jessa doesn't move near Jinger. Let Jinger have some kind of freedom!

Preach it to the choir sister.  Best post ever today and you get a brownie.  As I said clearly before endlessly Jinger doesn't need Jessa as much as Jessa seems to need Jinger.  Yes they are sisters.  But it seems that Jinger has moved on.  

31 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I hope Jessa doesn't move near Jinger. Let Jinger have some kind of freedom!

I hope Jim Bob isn't trying to plant the moving bug into Ben and Jessa's ears to move to Laredo and try to reign Jinger in/ team up against Jeremy. I'd be okay with them moving to another part of Texas, if they want to be closer, so Ben and Jessa's would also have the opportunity to grow.

47 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That no one's liver shut down from drinking and watching this nonsense. 

Nobody was hit by flying glass for tossing a plate into their TV. Good thing I don't watch.

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I hope Jim Bob isn't trying to plant the moving bug into Ben and Jessa's ears to move to Laredo and try to reign Jinger in/ team up against Jeremy. I'd be okay with them moving to another part of Texas, if they want to be closer, so Ben and Jessa's would also have the opportunity to grow.

Maybe Jim Bob is attempting to set up a huge church where all of the Duggar sons and sons-in-law can be preachers/ministers/pastors and Derick can call it missions work if he'd like. :my_rolleyes: 

I totally forgot Counting On started this week, and I totally forgot JoKen was getting married last weekend. It was nice. Anyways, I caught about the final 20 minutes of CO as Mr. Museum and I were eating dinner last night.

Anyways, I dearly love Mr. Museum, but he doesn't sugarcoat anything. EVER. He makes a habit of avoiding CO like the plague, but he did watch the scene of Joe asking Kendra to court. The first thing to come out of his mouth was... (warning)

"That motherfucker looks 40."

By the time Joe and Kendra were writing out their courtship standards, my husband had left the room. He couldn't tolerate one more minute of that.

15 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I hope this doesn't happen, but it makes more sense for Jill and Derick to move to Laredo than Ben and Jessa. Derick could continue to work on his Spanish and fulfill his goal of being a "missionary." There are probably plenty of heathen Catholics in the Laredo area and he could also do short trips Mexico. And Jill would have some family close by. For Jingers sake I hope the Dillards stay in Arkansas. 

25 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

That sounds like something he'd try to do, too.

I'm not sure that Jessa would want to give up free child care/help so easily but I agree with others that Jinger doesn't seem to really "need" Jessa the way Jessa probably misses her BFF/#1 follower. 

49 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I totally forgot Counting On started this week, and I totally forgot JoKen was getting married last weekend. It was nice.  

My son was visiting us last night, and the hubs was not traveling...there was no way in hell that I was turning CO on...they'd have thought that I had lost my mind.

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My son was visiting us last night, and the hubs was not traveling...there was no way in hell that I was turning CO on...they'd have thought that I had lost my mind.

Another favorite quote from Mr. Museum randomly walking by the TV as Counting On is playing is:

"Wait, I thought it was the brother who was the molester?"

My husband was pointing at D-Wreck of the Jacked Up Jaw in all of his gaunt, dirty Jesus glory. Oh D-Wreck.

*And while there are so many other terrible behaviors we can focus on besides their looks, I don't feel like rising above that right now. Pettiness today. Moral superiority tomorrow.

56 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

The thing is I don't think it is JUST Jeremy who doesn't want kids right now, and who doesn't want 20 kids or 10 kids or even 5 kids.  Even if Benessa move to Laredo I don't think they would pressures them.  I'm starting the get the feeling J&B are finding some of Boobs rules to be utter bull shit!  This is the beauty of being 12 hours away, they can only pester you so much, you don't HAVE to answer the phone if you don't want to. No surprise visits from anyone.

I can see J&B wanting to get away from the TTH, Jill & DeWreck and we'll see about Joy & Austin (if Joy turns into her mother I'd want to get away from her too)  and Joe and Kendra, Oh and don't forget Satan and his poor every pregnant wife.

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm starting the get the feeling J&B are finding some of Boobs rules to be utter bull shit!  This is the beauty of being 12 hours away, they can only pester you so much.

What rules do you think they think are bs?  They seem to have forgotten some of them, but so has Boob...

Thank you all for the Duggar distractions. My husband and I had a horrible weekend. Our 4 month old redbone coonhound puppy and 3 yr old German Shepherd ran off while I was walking with them in the woods and they both got hit by a train. We buried them Sunday. This thread has been a real help to keep my mind off it all.

That is horrible!!! I am so sorry for your loss. My fur babies are everything to me.

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

@Firebird. So sorry about your fur babies. Hugs. :hug:

I understand your grief.  We had to put down our 16-year old Maltese in January.  The house seems so quiet 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived