IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

6 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Just watched the episode On Demand and I believe that they edited the mention of Josh out of the episode. 

They never mentioned Josh. I added in the mention of Josh because we know that Josh works at the car lot, which is why it will likely never be shown. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They never mentioned Josh. I added in the mention of Josh because we know that Josh works at the car lot, which is why it will likely never be shown. 

Ah thank you! That's what I get for speed reading. 

Thanks for the recap, @Carm_88! I watch the episode, but it's still funny to read your recaps, and I appreciate the time you and Buzzard take to do them!

Joe seems very sincere but so awkward. I'm not trying to make a dig at him, he just happens to be socially awkward. In some ways it's refreshing since he comes across as rather innocent versus Josh's attempts to appear like some slick politician (yuck yuck yuck). By comparison to Josh, Joe seems like he's truly into the whole monogamy thing, and I would be downright floored if he did anything as horrible as Josh. Kendra is very young and giggly but seems like a nice girl. I hope those two work out. Part of me wonders if the dating dynamics in these fundie circles ends up working out better for guys who are kind of socially awkward and maybe lack a little confidence with the opposite sex? 

5 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

-snip-

Ok time to 'try' and sleep. Knowing an epic fight with Hubby is on the morning agenda is not helping my insomnia.

Good luck hun, hope it's not too bad :/

As for the premiere, I know I'm just reiterating what everybody else has said, but here's my comments anyways ;)

- Joe and Kendra seem happy, who knows for sure, but they're cute.  I agree Kendra does come across as younger than her age, but it could just be her personality.  I'm very bubbly, too, and people seem to think I'm younger, too :P

- segment at j&b's house seemed very "real" and relatable (my kiddos are 17mo. Apart).  There were moments where hubby and I were like, "oh yeah, that's familiar."  I dont understand why they blurred Jessa's knees in some parts of the plane, but didn't at other times?  I personally wouldn't have thought much if Ben walked spuergon up and down the aisle to burn off some energy, but then again, it looked like a smaller plane so maybe that didn't make much sense to them.

- no big shock joy wants to hurry out of the reception.  I echo miss Cindy's sarcasm, "Oh I dont know why you'd want to rush out." (Paraphasing)

- this was the 1st episode my hubby saw in like two years.  When spuergon came on, he was like: "wait, what's his name?"  I explained, and then he looks at the tv, "spurgeon the stergon.  Spurgeon the surgeon-" and a few more, then chuckles, "that's in the like the first 10 seconds, that kids going to get  teased in school." . . . Then I think to myself, "not a problem" #homeschooling.  Lol we both agreed that one parent got to name spurgeon, the other Henry, considering how different they are ;)

- put me under the team that thinks Jeremy is in no rush for kids.  Don't know if they're doing anything to make sureee, but he certainly doesn't seem stoked for it either (to be fair, my hubby wasn't either until they were born, but makes a great dad!)  

14 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Well golly Ben, I know Frogy went-a-cortuing, but other than that please fill me in.

Froggy went a-courtin; and he did ride, sword and a pistol by his side...

I sure hope no Duggar has a concealed carry permit.

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

- put me under the team that thinks Jeremy is in no rush for kids.  Don't know if they're doing anything to make sureee, but he certainly doesn't seem stoked for it either (to be fair, my hubby wasn't either until they were born, but makes a great dad!)  

I don't think Jinger is in a big rush either, it is one thing loving to play with your nieces and nephews it is another thing to have to RAISE your own kid. The best part of babies now, is they go home, and I get to do what ever the fuck I want, my kids nearly grown, DS will be 20 at Thanksgiving and DD will be 18 in late February.

30 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Froggy went a-courtin; and he did ride, sword and a pistol by his side...

I sure hope no Duggar has a concealed carry permit.

I'm pretty sure they all do, if they believe they NEED permits, with all the guns they just leaving laying around willy nilly.

Israel calling Dwreck "Papi" just seems like something they can use to say "Look how we're wordly good missionaries!"

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Israel calling Dwreck "Papi" just seems like something they can use to say "Look how we're wordly good missionaries!"

My thought was that Izzy was being sweet and Derick likely thought he was trying manipulate him. 

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

They wouldn't call themselves "worldly" though! That's one of those words that means something very different within some Christian subcultures, where it's kind of a synonym for "ungodly."

2 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

SNIP

Yeah, after this episode and Jinger's comment about "this season of our lives" - I'm starting to lean towards the theory they're using some type of birth control (probably not hormonal, though). I do feel like if Jeremy wanted kids right away, Jinger would most likely be pregnant or trying.  Jeremy is definitely fundie, but I don't think he's the quiverfull/Gothard fundie. 

I just watched Joe bring Kendra to where his old house used to be and honestly? How sweet and personal I'm pretty surprised. Very low key. 

Too bad it had to be done awkwardly in front of cameras with a family audience like...literally right there. 

Anyway, I think that's the most I've heard Joe talk in one go...uh, ever

Thank you all for the Duggar distractions. My husband and I had a horrible weekend. Our 4 month old redbone coonhound puppy and 3 yr old German Shepherd ran off while I was walking with them in the woods and they both got hit by a train. We buried them Sunday. This thread has been a real help to keep my mind off it all.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived