IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy was horny, and has no sisters who can help her with her wedding so mom had to suck it up, not sure what Jana would have rather done, run the house or watch her teenage sister plan her deflowering wedding. 

Spurg, Henry & Izzy are adorable. Izzy and his little voice "Hi Popi" and "wash football" made me awe.  

Someone on another thread was worried Jessa was blanket training because she set Spurg on a blanket, that clipped gave me no icky feels, she was just trying not to be that asshole mom who lets her kid scream and run around an airplane.  Props to both her and Ben for parenting when so many don't (her parents). 

Didn't see JoKen, had to shower so I missed the 2nd half. sounds like I didn't miss much. 

I get the feeling that every time Jeremy spends time with a little kid, the JinJer baby timeline gets extended a bit.  He seems to be somewhat taken aback by normal child behavior.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Spurg, Henry & Izzy are adorable. Izzy and his little voice "Hi Popi" and "wash football" made me awe.  

Won't be any football in the Dullard household anymore, because you know Derick.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

They are made by Hers and are sold here in Maryland, but not at every store. Oh Rufus they are fantastic, if you like Old Bay that is. Looks like you can buy them online 

https://www.amazon.com/Herrs®-Bay®-Seasoned-Cheese-Curls/dp/B01FXXQ4L2

Thank you for this! One of my coworkers introduced me to old day fries when we would order in lunch, so good! 

Currently trying to catch up on the show with my wine and pumpkin spice cheerios which aren't too bad themselves. 

44 minutes ago, nst said:

I think everybody would have 

I wouldn't, littler and all, but I'd have chucked it in the nearest trash can after I pulled it out. 

27 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Wait, did they actually say Josh's name? Or just that he works at a car lot?

No. Just that he worked there. I just wanted to put that reminder in there! :P 

48 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

My husband is working in the TV room on his laptop and halfway through, looks up at the screen and is like "I don't understand, what is this show about?" NOTHING, that's what.

Except it's not as good as Seinfeld. :P 

b27fd16a95bc1be97423680c59107e36--jerry-

48 minutes ago, stardust said:

Jeremy had my face mask cracking when Spurgeon threw his bottle into the lake ahahaha!

What was his reaction?

32 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

John David just made me laugh out loud!

What did he say?

One of Joe and Kendra's courtship rules: "No putting your arm around the other person while sitting or standing".  Jeremy and Jinger CLEARLY did not follow that rule. Were they engaged at the time? I remember Jeremy and Jing sitting on the couch in Jeremy's apartment-- he had her arm around her and Jim Bob commented on it and Jeremy didn't remove his arm.

I guess I understand, Joe has to "make up" for his brother Josh's sexual issues and his blatant disrespect of his wife. So he has to be careful and "respectful". He wants to assure Kendra's father that he is a good guy. After all, her father will approve the engagement and wedding, etc. Surely he doesn't want to mess this up. Especially after Josiah and Marjoirie's failed courtship, which I believe their courtship ended around the same time that the Josh scandals happened. He knows how easily he could lose his girl if Kendra's family feels uncomfortable for any reason at all. They can pull the plug at any time, with a simple explanation that the father doesn't feel this is the "right time" or whatever.

I wanted to comment on Jessa, Ben, Jinger and Jeremy's close relationship. They are blessed to get along well with each other. I always knew that Jessa influenced Jing to consider Jeremy. She could look at Jeremy with an objective eye and she noticed Jeremy's fashion/style, and his reasonable good looks, etc.

I noticed that Jessa was reluctant to talk about moving to Texas. She said they would move if they were "called to Texas" [by God]. Which (I think) basically means, if Ben - the spiritual headship- felt there was a need to minister there, then they would go. I KNOW Jessa has probably talked to Ben about moving close to Jinger, because she misses her, however, obviously, that's not the plan right now. Maybe distance is the best for the two couples. One couple might influence the other and it could bring issues into their households. There could be strong differences of opinion and interpretation of the scripture. Jeremy is the clear leader out of that entire group, Ben would be his follower; although Jessa is the alpha female and Jinger is a follower. Interesting dynamics. Or the husbands could get jealous because they no longer have their wives undivided attention. But the upside is that they could help with children and babysitting, etc.

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Well thank goodness she can use her "skills as a midwife" to monitor her own pregnancy.

Jill is delusional. Thank Rufus they were kicked out  / fired from SOS.  Fake missionaries.  Hopefully with all their "scary danger Central America" they have discouraged and scared off like minded fake missionaries. 

14 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Ex

What was his reaction?

What did he say?

He said Joe's courtship proposal was "different", involving a trip to a car auction then to go to look at a cement pad before the "proposal"

It might be in his delivery.

I can't even care about Kendra and Joe.  They are beyond boring.  And Joy was clearly just horny. 

As for Jessa and Jinger.  They still don't communicate like they are that close.  Jinger barely went to hug Jessa.  Jessa is just ruthless with the best friend nonsense.   I think if it weren't for the TTH and Jana and the slaves Jessa would be down there in a heartbeat. AS for Jill - again the woman needs mental help for no prenatal care for all that time. 

Just saw Spurge chuck his bottle in the river, that was the best part of the show !   I love how Spruge is so spunky and doing his thing.  Little bit worred with Isreal's yes papi, yes ma'man, thank you, Papi.  I have no problems teaching kids manners but Israel seems so robotic.  Both little boys are so adorable.

I was pleased to see them retrieve the bottle vs letting the plastic bottle float around and litter the River Walk.  I hope they dispose of it vs try to disinfect it.  The Riverwalk in San Antonio is gorgeous.  

39 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What did he say?

He said that Joe taking Kendra to a car auction and a slab of concrete wasn't very romantic :P 

What does that mean, don't put you arms around each other when sitting or standing?  It's OK when you are laying down? Side hugs for only three seconds, come on!

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I would have left the bottle in the river and bought a new one, personally... but.... 

If it goes in the San Antonio river and isn't picked up by good citizens, the litter boats get it. Unless you're a person, then you are pulled out or found when the river is drained yearly. If you're curious about San Antonio culture, they drain the river, throw a mud festival where politicians talk, fiesta folks get named and women wrestle in the mud for Budweiser. Usually happens right before mardi gras, though they also dye the river green for St. Patty's day. Basically, I really hope they threw that bottle away!

Jinger: Her vocabulary seems to have expanded since moving away, or she's just fallen out of the same pattern her family speaks in with less contact.

Joy: She just cracked me up, they're ready to be married, what do you want out of your wedding? To be married and not stay long.

Jill: Oh goodness, the conflict in her worrying about something happening with the hospital going away and reassuring herself that her midwife skills would help her through made my stomach clench.

Spurgeon: My hero for creating a truly genuine moment on the show. Keep breaking the mold, Spurgeon, the ducks support you!

Thanks for the recap @Carm88! 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

He said that Joe taking Kendra to a car auction and a slab of concrete wasn't very romantic :P 

I am with JD on this one.  Also, IMHO, how Joe ended up proposing at Joy's wedding wasn't very creative. Hopefully Kendra is happy with both her courtship proposals & engagement. Other than her wedding and popping out Babies, she doesn't have alot to look forward to.  No graduation parties, no work promotions celebrations etc.

I do think Joe seems sincere and kind, and is very much in love.  The whole not sitting next to each other in the car when they are "special friends" but now they are courting they can sit next to each other in a car,   fundies are so weird.  Three second side hug.  holy crap, are they counting their Mississippies.  Engage side hug, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, release side hug. 

When announcing the courtship to Duggar clan, JB always has to say something stupid and Kendra & Joe have the usual kid-adult awkward fake smile. 

I understood Joe to say that HE worked buying and selling cars. And what else would he do. I enjoyed watching the courtship thing. I mean, what else do they have to do in life. 

I still want to know what Bin ACTUALL does to earn money. This I would like to do.

I thought with the trip to San Antonio and all, that it moved along much better than previous episodes. 

I keep coming back to this over and over in my mind, so I'll go ahead and throw it out there. I feel like a lot of times on this show JD has ended up being the unlikely (and often hilarious) voice of reason. It always catches me slightly off guard but he constantly calls his family out on some of the funniest shit in his own southern fried way. Bachelor 'til the rapture still has me cracking up. I hope he never stops, maybe there's still a chance for him to be.... well at least slightly cooler than the rest of his family. 

Ok as I'm watching...

As I've said before, Austin doesn't creep me out as bad as Jeremy does. His beliefs may suck but I think he has a good heart. Other than the strictest parents show, I haven't seen anything out of him that sets my warning bells off.  

It's good to see more than just happy faces, that Jessa's kids do cry and do have attitude and she admits its stressful rather than plastering on a fake smile and keeping sweet.

Henry front facing at 2 months old??? UGH! Not that the Duggars have ever been good about car seats.

Those are first class commercial seats Ben and Jessa have, not cheap!!

Oh Jill! So just pray nothing happens? Good for Cathy for sending Izzy an appropriate learning toy! And if SOS did dump the Dillards for all their negative comments, I can see why!!

Jinger sporting the crunchy curls and a skirt since Jessa is around? Why not rock her shorts/pants? When Spurgeon starts up and they ask Jeremy about kids, between the laugh and him saying "hot button" under his breath...I think he likes being the cool uncle but he's not wanting his own for awhile, even though he seems good with his nephews. But the hot button comment leads me to think the pressure from her family must be heavy.  Jinger has definitely blossomed, even with Jeremy's icky beliefs, I think he's pushing her to broaden her horizons. 

10 minutes of Kendra's giggling was starting to give me a headache. I know we all kinda thought Joy was young but she comes off as more mature than Kendra. Kendra reminds me more of a 14 year old HS freshman than an adult about to get married. 

Ok time to 'try' and sleep. Knowing an epic fight with Hubby is on the morning agenda is not helping my insomnia.

4 minutes ago, kacarlton said:

Speaking of courtship, WHO will be chaperoning the last Duggar kid standing?

Mackenzie, Michael, Spurgeon, Izzy...It'll be an endless cycle until the eventual fall of the family's beliefs (however many generations that takes)

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived