IGNORED

Ayla, the WifeWithAPurpose - white surpremacist, formerly Nordic Sunrise

Showtunesgirl

35 minutes ago, refugee said:

Where do people sell, these days? (I should ask my kidults where they bought the cool stuff they gave as gifts...)

For me and my friends: Facebook and local craft shows.  My neighbourhood has lately exploded with artisans, which is nice because I am starting to get more personal invites to shows rather than having to seek them out.  A few years ago, before the explosion, we ran an open house out of my home with 8 of my crafter friends for many years.  It was loads of fun but lots of work moving all the furniture into the garage and delivering 2000 flyers door to door etc.  Mr. Pook was amazing with his patience and support, as far as having his home completely taken over.  Etsy still has some nice stuff but it's just not the same so I buy from my old Etsy pals personally outside of the website.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

She has come up before.  I can't find your thread but here is another.  Here you go:

And here:

And, YUCK!

I knew I had seen her somewhere on here.  I just couldn't find her.

On one of her instagram posts, she referenced an opinion or something about back when she was into new age stuff.  I think she changes her religious/faith belief on a regular basis, but she seems to always be racist.

50 minutes ago, pook said:

For me and my friends: Facebook and local craft shows.  My neighbourhood has lately exploded with artisans, which is nice because I am starting to get more personal invites to shows rather than having to seek them out.  A few years ago, before the explosion, we ran an open house out of my home with 8 of my crafter friends for many years.  It was loads of fun but lots of work moving all the furniture into the garage and delivering 2000 flyers door to door etc.  Mr. Pook was amazing with his patience and support, as far as having his home completely taken over.  Etsy still has some nice stuff but it's just not the same so I buy from my old Etsy pals personally outside of the website.

This is one of the Etsy artists my kidults have bought from.

Forest ring

Holy crow. She really does let all that lovely racism just all hang out, doesn't she?

"America was not founded as a nation of immigrants." How exactly does she think her lily-while Northern European posterior ended up on the Northern American continent, then, if not by immigration? Or, for that matter, any of those who wrote the founding documents of her country?

"No one bred with a Pole, a Ukrainian, a Greek, a Russian." O.o

"Thanks to illegal immigration, huge swaths of the region are covered with garbage and waste that degrade the soil and kill wildlife." So I guess her next target will be the corporations that do the same thing?

Not to mention that post on two women killed by, according to her, Islamic radicals. I didn't check on that, since I'm on the tablet and it's a pain, but she's calling out an entire religion over two women while white "Christian" men kill more women than that every day. I don't want to belittle what happened to those two women, if it's true, because that's awful and they and their families shouldn't have to go through that, but still.

Ugh. I don't think I'll spend much time on this thread, she's too disgusting.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Regarding blue eyes - my black/latino/white grandson has BLUE EYES. 

Yes!  My family is full of brown-eyed northern Europeans, and several good friends in college had blue eyes and came from Iran or the -stans (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, etc). 

She's got a post talking about how much she loves the GirlDefined sisters. And she's a fan of the Bates family! White supremacist fundamentalism and plain old "respectable" fundamentalism mesh so nicely together!

Hey Ayla, your views may be a bit more common than they ought to be, but they are not even remotely "normal." Bragging about your pure Nordic heritage as if anyone gives a shit, planning to speak at a neo-Nazi rally that resulted in deadly violence, conflating loving interracial relationships and peaceful demographic shifts with genocide, conflating public criticism with "terrorism" while simultaneously building a whole brand around making hateful statements about other people, that's some freaky shit. If you want so badly to be seen as normal, log off and go try being decent to other human beings.

Wonder what she would think of my blonde-haired blue-eyed stepmother who is Latina and part Native American. Or my green-eyed friend who is 1/4 Indian. I kind of like to think that she might live in terror of never knowing whether people she meets who look white are really totally white or IMPOSTERS!! ?

13 hours ago, Briefly said:

One of her instagram posts had something about Jesus, and there were a lot of comments.  She thinks that Jesus was white and probably had blue eyes because the Bible mentions light skin for people of that time and place  I don't recall that in the Bible, but even if it is there - Jesus was born into a Jewish, middle eastern family.  He probably did not have blond hair and blue eyes!  But in her world, He has to be white.

Yes, @Katzchen24 she is vile and repellent.

Well but his father is God and one would assume that God's genes are dominant.

Years ago, when Clan of the Cave Bear came out (1980), I went to hear Jean Auel talk about the creation of the book. I wonder if Ayla's mom read Clan of the Cave Bear and decided to name the daughter after the heroine Ayla or if Ayla Stewart decided to name herself. 

I was just googling and didn't realize a Clan of the Cave Bear movie came out in 1986, starring Daryl Hannah.  It didn't fare well on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Anyway, back to your regular programming.  I'm going to rely on y'alls descriptions of this dreadful woman who is, let's face it, crazy as a bedbug.  Maybe she'll get hooked up with the Crazy Catholic Lady and I'll see if she is still posting on public media. 

Anyway, noodling around, I did come across something Moonie related, and guns, because of course, guns: 

The cultlike church behind a ceremony with AR-15s and bullet crowns, explained

The Moonies, now led by son Sean Moon, believe the "rod of iron" referenced in the bible refers to a rifle. 

Oh Lordy,  blue eyes. Guess she would be right shocked my friend who is Hispanic, has 2 Hispanic parents who are immigrants, has blond haired blue eyed sisters. Yes, your name can be Maria de la Torres (it’s not, but similar) and you can have blue eyes. And be not white. 

Also, fuck you. 

I read once that you can find light eyes (blue, green, or grey) in every continent across the world. She seems to think that they are only found in Northern Europe. You can find them everywhere. Sure they are not as common in some parts of the world. But you’ll still find light eyes in Asia, Africa, etc. And honestly, light eyes aren’t that great. I have to wear sunglasses more and I squint a lot when it’s super sunny. 

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

So I guess if you are Slavic you aren't white enough for her? 

So she's going full Third Reich and classifying Slavs as untermensch? Nice.  

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

I knew I had seen her somewhere on here.  I just couldn't find her.

On one of her instagram posts, she referenced an opinion or something about back when she was into new age stuff.  I think she changes her religious/faith belief on a regular basis, but she seems to always be racist.

Yes!! That’s what I find so interesting about her and what leads me to think of her as an insecure woman searching for meaning and security. @HowlAyla isn’t even her real (as in legally given) name but one she chose during her new age phase. I faintly remember her talking about the name “finding” her or something in a YouTube video but might recount the story wrong. Anyways, it wasn’t just like her nickname but some particular choosing process. Not very traditional, I should add. But cognitive dissonance seems to be Ayla’s bff. 

All that is not to say that her insecurities excuse her. She’s an evil cockroach. But I think in her case, she’s desperate for superiority and as she’s not above average due to her abilities (I’d say she’s below intellectually) she needs to frame herself in a way that allows her to regard herself as a member of the “master race” or some other imagined, fucking nonsense. Fuck her! Racism makes me ragy. 

Choosing the name Ayla as a Clan of the Cave Bear reference could kiiiiind of fit with the white supremacy thing, maybe?  It's been a good few years since I read those books, but I do remember the character Ayla being blonde and blue-eyed and the best at/inventor of everything from monogamy to basket-weaving to surgery.  I guess someone who was already a bit off her rocker and a lot racist could take Ayla as some sort of mother-of-the-race figure, whose white genes came through in spite of her being raised by the Clan?

On the other hand, didn't some of her oh-so-special skills and knowledge come from the Clan?  And didn't she have a child with one of the Clan?

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I was just googling and didn't realize a Clan of the Cave Bear movie came out in 1986, starring Daryl Hannah.  It didn't fare well on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Did you SEE that movie? YUCK!

24 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

On the other hand, didn't some of her oh-so-special skills and knowledge come from the Clan?  And didn't she have a child with one of the Clan?

Her incredible herb knowlege was imparted to her by Iza, the "medicine woman" who was first of her line in the Cave bear clan. Her own skill at diagnosing and re-arranging treatments was developed within Ayla herself.

And yes, Ayla had Durc, a half clan half her child. In her dreams, he became some sort of way for the Clan to survive in the more modern world.

I liked this series until the Shelters of Stone book came out. Enough already. She's not the Goddess incarnate.

However,in all the books, both Jondalar and Ayla are described as incredibly blue eyed, blondes. and even his eyebrows and beard are blonde  

It's been a while since I read them but wasn't there some black guy that she was sorta kinda attracted to as a rebound dude until the blondie took her back?

I haven't read the books, but aren't they about humans and neanderthals? I'm pretty sure blond hair only appeared in Europe like ~12000 years ago and the neanderthals were long gone by then, so... ? 

Anyway, how are you gonna choose your own name instead of The Name Your Male Father Wanted You To Have?

26 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's been a while since I read them but wasn't there some black guy that she was sorta kinda attracted to as a rebound dude until the blondie took her back?

Yes. That helped her cement her crazy idea that babies came from men and women doing the nasty, rather than  "spirits" overcoming each other... 

I bet her real name is Jessica (nothing against the name. It’s just a really common name for someone her age and we all know she wants to be super special). Or Jennifer. That one was popular too.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I haven't read the books, but aren't they about humans and neanderthals? I'm pretty sure blond hair only appeared in Europe like ~12000 years ago and the neanderthals were long gone by then, so... ? 

Yes, but I would doubt that the research for that was out in the late 1970's when she started the book (the first book was published in 1980).

Archived