IGNORED

Ayla, the WifeWithAPurpose - white surpremacist, formerly Nordic Sunrise

Showtunesgirl

5 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

If you go back to the 1950s, one of the biggest shows on TV was "I Love Lucy" which centered around a redheaded white American woman whose husband was Cuban. Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz were also a married couple in real life. Apparently, this was not considered an "interracial" marriage back then. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been allowed on 1950s TV. You never would have seen a black/white couple on TV until decades later.

The impression I get is that Desi Arnaz was considered white by Hollywood, but the wrong kind of white. The Arnaz family had been one of the richest families in Cuba until the Batista revolution forced them to flee to Miami. Once in the US, the Arnazes were flat broke, so Desi went into shoe business as a Latin band leader, since you didn't have to be proficient in English to do that and Latin music was seen as an "exotic" curiosity in the 1930s. He was in a play called "Too Many Girls" which was turned into a movie, which is where he met Lucille Ball. However, there were not many roles for "Mexican bongo players" so although Desi was white in the sense of having mostly European ancestry, he was the wrong kind of white. This why CBS executives were initially skeptical about I Love Lucy, because they didn't think mainstream America would believe that an "all-American girl" like Lucille Ball would be married to an obviously "foreign" guy like Desi Arnaz, even though the two had been married in real-life for about ten years by that point and this was common knowledge. I guess if Desi had gotten an Anglo stage name like "Dennis Arnold" and worked to reduce his accent, he might have been read as being less "foreign" but he didn't and was thus regarded as "kind of white, but kind of not."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FloraDoraDolly Oh, that reminds me of the number of early film stars who were from South/Central America, and were definitely "white" - the whole "Latin lover" thing - and had issues transitioning to talkies.  That modern silent film, The Artist, was based on real life cases.

@Cleopatra7 I'm always interested in how Michael Sheene changed his named from Ramón Estévez, and basically has never been seen as Hispanic, neither has his son Charlie - and his son Emilio kept his birth name to keep himself separate from his dad, and that was ok...  And of course the Freddy Prinze thing, which I have to admit, I know about because of Fame.  The ability of some people to 'pass' as white, and others not, and the absolutely disgusting reasons they had to.  But it was fascinating, looking at Michael Sheene in the West Wing, as this epitome of New England white, and Jummy Smits' Matt Santos character defined by being Hispanic, when Sheene and Smits are as American as each other, and probably count as more American than a ton more Hollywood/TV actors (than Hugh Laurie in House and Aiden Gillan in The Wire etc etc etc)

On 9/10/2017 at 6:25 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

Another problem with alt right thinking (or lack thereof) is the blanket use of the word white. In the US, being white is more of a caste distinction than anything else. However, when one looks at Europe, it becomes quite obvious that all "whites" are not considered equal. Much of the drama in the EU is a reflection of this fact, in which cultural and linguistic differences become huge economic and political obstacles. 

For some actual history -- and FACTS -- by real historians, check out this reading list called Hold My Mead.

This article is only one of the many excellent references here:

It is time for Classics as a discipline to say to these men: we will not give you more fodder for your ludicrous theory that white men are morally and intellectually superior to all other races and genders. We do not support your myopic vision of “Western Civilization.” Your version of antiquity is shallow, poorly contextualized, and unnuanced. When you use the classics to support your hateful ideas, we will push back by exposing just how weak your understanding is, how much you have invested in something about which you know so little.

9 hours ago, Lurky said:

@FloraDoraDolly Oh, that reminds me of the number of early film stars who were from South/Central America, and were definitely "white" - the whole "Latin lover" thing - and had issues transitioning to talkies.  That modern silent film, The Artist, was based on real life cases.

@Cleopatra7 I'm always interested in how Michael Sheene changed his named from Ramón Estévez, and basically has never been seen as Hispanic, neither has his son Charlie - and his son Emilio kept his birth name to keep himself separate from his dad, and that was ok...  And of course the Freddy Prinze thing, which I have to admit, I know about because of Fame.  The ability of some people to 'pass' as white, and others not, and the absolutely disgusting reasons they had to.  But it was fascinating, looking at Michael Sheene in the West Wing, as this epitome of New England white, and Jummy Smits' Matt Santos character defined by being Hispanic, when Sheene and Smits are as American as each other, and probably count as more American than a ton more Hollywood/TV actors (than Hugh Laurie in House and Aiden Gillan in The Wire etc etc etc)

And let's not forget "white Hispanic" George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who murdered Trayvon Martin and is regarded as a hero by right-wingers. Zimmerman doesn't look as Anglo as Desi Arnaz or the Estevez/Sheen family, but he's still light-skinned enough that the cops wouldn't bother him about his immigration status if he were walking down the street. In other words, Zimmerman is white privileged.

• 2 months later...
On 09/09/2017 at 8:29 PM, Hisey said:

She seems mighty proud (though she denies it) her DNA test came back 100% European.

I would really like to see those results. If she didn't post them, I don't believe it. She reminds me of this guy:

A quick update on Ayla as I’ve been following her since... roughly a year, I believe. She’s had quite a following on Twitter, yet her account was terminated last December due to hate speech regulations. She’s back now with a different user name and account but as I don’t have an account myself, I can’t request to follow (her previous account was open most of the time).

I've heard rumors about domestic violence against the children but don’t know details and cannot confirm it - although homeschooling children to grow up to become hateful and to teach them a distorted and whitewashed (hehe) view of history and society is abuse in and of itself, I believe.

Anyways, she’s still active on Instagram and YouTube and some other platforms. Since being blocked from Twitter with her big account, she goes off the rails even more and shows more and more of her purely hateful opinions. If she weren’t such a disgusting racist, I’d actually feel pity cause I guess underneath all this talk about purity and white, traditional womanhood is an insecure and unfulfilled person. 

Last point in my not-so-short update: Ayla recently had another interview with someone on her YouTube channel. This time, it was stay at home mum. The young woman Ayla talked with seemed so uneducated. She tried to refute feminism but all she had to go on were her highschool experiences. As a married mother of two, she said that as she was in a debate club as a teenager, she decided to make videos discussing topics such as why feminism is a conspiracy. That’s so sheltered and sad!! I am her age (the woman Ayla interviewed, she seemed in her early/mid 20s) I guess and don’t refer to my highschool experience anymore...  

10 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I am her age (the woman Ayla interviewed, she seemed in her early/mid 20s) I guess and don’t refer to my highschool experience anymore...  

Bit of a tangent, but I recently read the Playboy interview with Tomi Lahren, and she addresses criticisms of her claim that she doesn't read novels by stating that she reads plenty of longform articles, and also that she was in AP English, so she's read the major novels. It was just so weird for someone to point to their high school reading and really did nothing but emphasize her lack of qualifications and experience.

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

and also that she was in AP English, so she's read the major novels. It was just so weird for someone to point to their high school reading and really did nothing but emphasize her lack of qualifications and experience.

I totally agree! Although I don’t know the TL Interview, it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest... and it seems she thinks there are some major novels and once one has read them, that’s it. This seems crazy to me... I read quite a few books in highschool but I couldn’t even imagine that that’s all the fiction i know. But well, as Tomy Lahren is in the business of selling fiction as fact, she maybe wants some healthy work-life-balance 

My niece is 19 years old and in her second year of college. Even at her age, she and her friends think people are losers if they keep talking about high school.

• 11 months later...

I came across this "gem" last night when I couldn't sleep and was goofing around on instagram.  I usually ignore the advertised posts but one caught my eye because it was advertising books made where children of color could have a story made about them. The reason it caught my attention was a comment left by someone asking why the books couldn't be made for white children and I looked up that commenter's instagram.  Woo hoo, this woman is nuts!  She insists that she is a traditional Christian and a traditional wife.  She also denies being a white supremacist but that is what she very obviously is.  I got the feeling that she considers herself a white separatist and not a white supremacist but my opinion is that those are interchangable terms.  From looking at her posts I thought she might be Catholic but her blog indicates that she is Mormon.

She is very pro-Trump and was giddy with happiness when Kavanaugh was confirmed.  She is very much of the "never tell your husband no" variety.  And she is obviously extremely racist.

Because she is public, I am including her blog and instagram llinks.

https://wifewithapurpose.com/

https://www.instagram.com/wifewithapurpose/

I couldn't find her mentioned on FJ when I did a search but at the same time I want to say that she might have been discussed before although I may be thinking of someone else.

Thanks for bringing her up! I started a thread about her quite a while ago but can’t find it now (sorry, I’m on my mobile so don’t have the overview I’d have with a desktop or laptop).

Ayla Stewart really is nuts to a crazy extend. We talked privately, although very briefly and she seems to indicate she’s also into CDD (Christian Donestic Discipline) and the likes. I really don’t care for what people do in their bedroom and if that’s up your alley, have at it! But to frame such preferences in a political and social way is just ridiculous. I like vibrators but that’s an issue concerning no others than my vagina and me, not something to be discussed between my genitals and society.  

While Ayla doesn’t refer to herself as a Mormon anymore, she certainly used to be. After some falling out with church elders (I can’t recall the details), she appears to actually gravitate towards Catholicism right now though, but most certainly not Oscar Romero’s liberation theology kind and the likes.

Another interesting Ayla-fact: her husband seems to be agnostic/atheist and she has frequently asked for prayers in order to turn him to God. He seems to share her racism, however, so they’re two peas in a filthy pot. 

And - I apologize for the long and rather unstructured load of more or less unconnected comments about Ayla - she seems to basically be a very insecure woman. Left with a wee child by her first husband, she got to know and married her current spouse and went very right wing and conservative. I really feel for her six children who are subjects to severe indoctrination and I believe physical and psychological abuse. 

It looks like she is 40 so at least she won’t be having six more!

Blue eyes deserve a future? Wtf? Blue eyes have been around for thousands of years. They aren’t going anywhere honey. What a racist ass. 

EE72E111-48E0-4338-9AB9-6BCB7A7BDB96.jpeg

BEC but I am having high blood pressure issues and this chic is not helping.  Anyhoo, I checked out her new Etsy shop and girl is going to need to work on her photography.  OT, but it irritates me to no end that the fundies have all flocked to Etsy.  There was nothing fundy about Etsy back in it's grass roots days.  In fact, beginning in 2006 I met so many liberal minded, educated, talented, informed and like-minded artists that to this day we are still friends but hardly any of us sell there anymore. 

Oh jeepers..... I followed @Briefly's link to her blog and it is revolting. She's just used an Ancestry.com DNA profile to reinforce her racist and disgusting beliefs. I don't know how people like this sleep nights.

I skimmed down a couple more blog posts, but stopped where she boasts about getting her blue eyes from her grandfather. If she's going to carry on about genetics, then she should probably try to learn something about it. Considerably more of her parentage contributed to her blue eyes than just her grandfather.

She's a vile and repellent creature - far uglier on the inside. I won't be dipping my toe in that pool again any time soon.

One of her instagram posts had something about Jesus, and there were a lot of comments.  She thinks that Jesus was white and probably had blue eyes because the Bible mentions light skin for people of that time and place  I don't recall that in the Bible, but even if it is there - Jesus was born into a Jewish, middle eastern family.  He probably did not have blond hair and blue eyes!  But in her world, He has to be white.

Yes, @Katzchen24 she is vile and repellent.

3 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Oh jeepers..... I followed @Briefly's link to her blog and it is revolting. She's just used an Ancestry.com DNA profile to reinforce her racist and disgusting beliefs. I don't know how people like this sleep nights.

I skimmed down a couple more blog posts, but stopped where she boasts about getting her blue eyes from her grandfather. If she's going to carry on about genetics, then she should probably try to learn something about it. Considerably more of her parentage contributed to her blue eyes than just her grandfather.

She's a vile and repellent creature - far uglier on the inside. I won't be dipping my toe in that pool again any time soon.

I imagine her life is so sad, average, and boring that the only thing she has to cling to is her larger than average family and extreme whiteness. I hate to break it to her but on one side of my family, almost everyone has light eyes. It’s quite average on that side. Brown eyes are the interesting and less common eyes on that side of my family. I love my son’s big brown beautiful eyes. They are stunning. I think they are prettier than my own blue/green/grey eyes.

8 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

How pathetic. She needs to post her ancestry report to brag about her Nordic roots, as though that's something she accomplished. She must have very little in her life, other than her dishwater-brownish/blondish hair and light eyes.

And of course, America was founded by blondies like her until. . . immigrants.

One more thing (for now at least) to add: She seems very proud of speaking German and has studied the language at university. However, she hasn’t even mastered the basics which honestly astounds me. I really can’t wrap my head around it cause she can’t say simple sentences grammatically correctly and her pronounciation is equally bad. My high school Spanish is much better and I’m by no means fluent. For me as a native German speaker, her attempt to say something along the lines of “close the door” was hard to understand and I had to guess what she wanted to say - and I communicate with a lot of non-natives. She really isn’t bright if that’s what she took away from her uni courses. 

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Thanks for bringing her up! I started a thread about her quite a while ago but can’t find it now (sorry, I’m on my mobile so don’t have the overview I’d have with a desktop or laptop).

She has come up before.  I can't find your thread but here is another.  Here you go:

And here:

And, YUCK!

Somebody tell her that plenty of non-white people have blue eyes. She might have an aneurysm. 

47 minutes ago, pook said:

BEC but I am having high blood pressure issues and this chic is not helping.  Anyhoo, I checked out her new Etsy shop and girl is going to need to work on her photography.  OT, but it irritates me to no end that the fundies have all flocked to Etsy.  There was nothing fundy about Etsy back in it's grass roots days.  In fact, beginning in 2006 I met so many liberal minded, educated, talented, informed and like-minded artists that to this day we are still friends but hardly any of us sell there anymore. 

Where do people sell, these days? (I should ask my kidults where they bought the cool stuff they gave as gifts...)

Archived