IGNORED

Joy and Austin 14: Pregnant with Their First

Destiny

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

My wish for all of these kids, is that they will be free and away from being forced to lead a public life. 

That is very sweet.  Now did you read the testimony of Paul Petersen that I quoted above - because it is too late for that.  They have been sold out.  They are trapped in the publicity mill.  Even if they want to withdraw from public life they will still draw attention.  Even those around them get publicity - as with Rebekah and Josh McD's divorce.  Rebekah and Josh McD never sought attention.

Paul Petersen knows what he is talking about.  Believe me.

Spoiler

I do not know Paul but I had a few email exchanges with him back when the "Gosselin Law" was in development.  He is the sweetest man.  Completely unpretentious, but filled with righteous indignation - and rage - at the way children in entertainment are treated.  Not being American and not having seen the Donna Reed Show in real time I never fell in love with "Jeff Stone."   I thoroughly admire Paul Petersen and his dedication to protecting children, however.  I can say that we were both disappointed with the PA Gosselin Law.  And the fight to protect children on TV  goes on.

Certainly interest in the Duggars will wane when (not if) the family is finally off the air.  But every single one of them is searchable.  Josh's victims, Josie's diaper blow-outs, Jason tumbling into the orchestra pit ...  

You know what sticks in people's minds - the salacious stuff.  The malicious speculation, not the fine details.

20 years from now I expect to see people swearing that it is gospel truth that Jessa and Ben consummated their marriage in a back room of the church immediately after exchanging vows.  That calumny originated on a parody site, and the writer took it down in embarrassment after the tabloids reported it as truth.

20 years from now I expect to see people swearing that it is gospel truth that Joy had a shot-gun wedding.  Did that story originate with speculation on FJ and get taken up by the tabloids?   I don't know.

I don't buy the crap.  If you really care about the second generation and hope they get free - then rein in the salacious speculation and BEC.

It is highly unlikely that Joy had a shotgun wedding.  End of story.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thought on her belly is this - there's no way JB would let an unmarried daughter of his alone with a male suitor long enough for either of them to fart, much less conceive a baby.

I'm overweight and carry my fat mainly on my stomach. I look pregnant all the time, which was horrible when we were trying and people would ask if I was. Once I got pregnant though I could easily hide it. We told family at 12 weeks but friends and work wasn't told until after the 20 week scan. And it wasn't until after that it became obvious there was more then cake in there. 

Look she's got a big bump, there seems to be one "obvious" everyone is missing. Twins.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that they are expecting not 1 but TWO grandbabies, to add to JB cult. 

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Look she's got a big bump, there seems to be one "obvious" everyone is missing. Twins.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that they are expecting not 1 but TWO grandbabies, to add to JB cult. 

No one's missing that possibility, I promise you. I think it gets brought up at least once per page.

Little input, even tough I'm pregnant with number 2, 5 years after number One, I'm popping like crazy also, at currently 11 weeks. Last Monday my sons teacher congratulated me on the little one. I have gained no weight as of yet. My belly is just growing like crazy.

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Reveal hidden contents

I do not know Paul but I had a few email exchanges with him back when the "Gosselin Law" was in development.  He is the sweetest man.  Completely unpretentious, but filled with righteous indignation - and rage - at the way children in entertainment are treated.  Not being American and not having seen the Donna Reed Show in real time I never fell in love with "Jeff Stone."   I thoroughly admire Paul Petersen and his dedication to protecting children, however.  I can say that we were both disappointed with the PA Gosselin Law.  And the fight to protect children on TV  goes on.

It is highly unlikely that Joy had a shotgun wedding.  End of story.

Pretty much everyone is saying it is highly unlikely.  There isn't debate about that.    

I have been aware of Paul Petersen's activism on behalf of exploitation of minors in the entertainment business for years;  Long before my involvement with this site. 

I just hope Joy has a healthy pregnancy and delivery. In December, January, March, two weeks overdue, twins, triplets, single baby, single baby and too much cake, don't care. Really don't want to speculate when, how and why 19 year old girl lost her virginity. 
Now, if she films the birth, announces a name via People magazine, and shows her kid off as the sign of righteousness in anti-abortion rallies, well, that's interesting. 

On 9/8/2017 at 11:20 PM, calimojo said:

The Picture posted on the link below is not brand new.  I saw that posted somewhere  the same day the other pictures were posted.  So at that point, she would have been no more than about 14 weeks.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/09/joy-anna-duggar-baby-bump-pic-fuels-shotgun-wedding-rumors/

Yes she is arching her back,  but you can still see that the pregnant tummy is very well defined.  This is the reason so many tabloids and websites are speculating about the timing of the pregnancy. 

(snip)

In addition to her position, I think the camera angle could be distorting this image a bit. It looks like it's angled downward, making her hips seem much smaller than her upper half which could be making her preggo abd more prominent. Just a guess. And maybe it's how she's carrying the baby, too? I'm sure all this has been hashed and re-hashed and I just missed that part of the thread. 

Also, I'm a smaller person and I'm pretty sure my stomach can be just as round after a big meal (I have to relax my abd muscles and it probably looks different than if I were actually pregnant... but yeah). Maybe she just had a little extra mac and cheese before the picture? Or cauliflower? Cauliflower definitely makes me rounded/bloated/etc. :my_shy:

I'd like to add the disclaimer that I'm by no means trying to negatively comment on her body size and/or whatever she ate for dinner. 

On 9/10/2017 at 4:38 PM, AlwaysExcited said:

I just hope Joy has a healthy pregnancy and delivery. In December, January, March, two weeks overdue, twins, triplets, single baby, single baby and too much cake, don't care. Really don't want to speculate when, how and why 19 year old girl lost her virginity. 
Now, if she films the birth, announces a name via People magazine, and shows her kid off as the sign of righteousness in anti-abortion rallies, well, that's interesting. 

Yes, this exactly... which seems kind of hypocritical as I just commented on ~bump theories~. Although I hope she does have cake with a healthy pregnancy and delivery, regardless of whether or not dessert is contributing to how much she's showing. 

Now I really want cake lol.

I think Joy and Austin will go traditional for their baby names. They will use the middle name to honor a family member and they will do a biblical first name. I don't see them going with an "out there" name like Jessa and Ben. They will name their kids in a style similar to Jill. She is her sister Mom after all.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:22 PM, Palimpsest said:

20 years from now I expect to see people swearing that it is gospel truth that Joy had a shot-gun wedding.  Did that story originate with speculation on FJ and get taken up by the tabloids?   I don't know.

It didn't originate here, thankfully.  It was printed on a tabloid site before Joy announced she was pregnant (and possibly even before the wedding), and it was initially treated as a very disgusting rumor by FJ.  It's somewhere in the earlier threads, but I don't really remember which ones, I'm afraid.  I do remember reading it right when it came out somewhere else and I was shocked and appalled.  

I don't want to comment on this rumor particularly, but I will say that my attitude towards salacious Duggar rumors has changed quite a bit since Josh-gate.  Because there were rumors about that for YEARS that I (and many others) discounted as unfair and targeted gossip. Josh was defended, treated as a victim, and those who peddled the rumors were roundly chastised.  And then they turned out to be true.  All of them.  

I no longer believe the Duggars are what they try to seem.  I no longer trust that all the children are as on board as they would like or have the same values as the Duggar Brand.  I no longer believe that everyone in that house follows the rules as they portray them on TV or even that the TTH has the rules they claim to on TV.  I personally think we give them too much credit, and that there is likely a lot LESS active supervision (esp. of the adults) in that household than we think when the cameras aren't around (because JB and M haven't been honestly invested and involved in supervising their kids for years and love to do the bare minimum).  

None of these are necessarily bad things.  I just think a lot of the Duggar image is a facade at this point that they are sticking to for pride and $$$.  I think it was genuine when they first presented it, but like many fundie families we've seen here, their values have changed as their kids have entered adulthood.

I don't want to discuss the sex life of a 19 year old girl because I personally think it's creepy to discuss the sex life of a 19 year old girl.  But I also believe that things at the TTH are not how they seem on TV, and I would not be terribly shocked to discover that some more of the Duggar rumors have truth to them. 

31 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

I bet she's late as well. My guess would be (if the Feb. date is correct) more like March 9th. 

That's derdick's birthday... the problem with being born in early march is having to potentially share a birthday with him or with turd

I'm hoping march 6th

13 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I don't want to comment on this rumor particularly, but I will say that my attitude towards salacious Duggar rumors has changed quite a bit since Josh-gate.  Because there were rumors about that for YEARS that I (and many others) discounted as unfair and targeted gossip. Josh was defended, treated as a victim, and those who peddled the rumors were roundly chastised.  And then they turned out to be true.  All of them.  

My view on that?

First, based on what we knew at the time, it was absolutely right to discount the Josh rumours as unfair, and to disallow speculation about the subject. We had absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any of it was true, and it was such an incredibly loaded and destructive topic. 

Second, a stopped clock is right twice a day. The Josh rumours turning out to be true means that the Josh rumours were true. It doesn't necessarily mean any other Duggar rumours are true. Also, it was a lot easier to sweep things under the rug in the early-mid '00s. Now the Duggars are celebrities (bleh), social media rules the world, and the tabloids are constantly sniffing around for the faintest whiff of scandal. The tabloids have proved themselves adept at digging up evidence when it exists. Now obviously there isn't likely to be a paper trail for something like, 'Duggar Daughter Did the Deed Before Marriage!!!' but when the only substantiation they can provide is 'we spoke to an anonymous source', and there seems to be a good amount of evidence working against the rumour, I think it's rational to assume that the rumour is most likely false.

8 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

I just saw on tumblr that Marci Dauer said Joy is due in late February.

Lawwwd. My anniversary is Feb. 28. Please come before or after...is it a leap year? 

1 hour ago, HRM1216 said:

I bet she's late as well. My guess would be (if the Feb. date is correct) more like March 9th. 

Please not during the first week of March! I don't want to risk having the same birthday as any of the Duggars!

Please no early March Joy! If she gives birth on the 11th, I'll be so pissed.

That's my birthday and I have avoided sharing any Duggar celebrations thus far, although Kendra shares my parents' birthday and that was annoying.

3 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Lawwwd. My anniversary is Feb. 28. Please come before or after...is it a leap year? 

Next leap year is 2020. It's always the same year as the Olympics.

I must say though, a Duggar grandbaby born on February 29 might be lucky enough never to share it with anyone else in the family. They'd probably get a little extra attention because it was only once every 4 years.

Can I just say it Already?   Baby name speculation is overrated,  and obnoxiously  redundant  to me. How many effing pregnancies since they have been on the air? How many hundreds to come? Omg there will be name speculation until past my death. I am so over it. I was over it at the M2 baby and certainly over it when that nutcase Spurgeon illuminated everything.  If this is the future,  it looks bleak. They have actually taken the awe and joy out of babies for me.

Carry on, while I scroll past pregnancy and name speculation. 

As a side bar, I pity the genealogist who has to suffer through this Duggar bloodline in 100 years.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived