IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

I wonder what type of care Anna is receiving. Would someone seeing a CPM even be offered that genetic blood test? Its not really a standard test and it typically is only offered if there have been prior fertility/pregnancy complications or if you are over age 30 (or 35 I can't remember). If you don't meet that criteria its not usually covered by insurance- many clinics have deals with the company though where if it gets denied then the patient only pays $120 or something like that. Josh and Anna don't have jobs so we can't be sure of their insurance situation and I don't know if a CPM would have that type of set up with those type of companies- I'd be curious to find out though. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

We have a new bridge in Scotland named Kevin!!!!!

Where? I have not heard this.

19 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

This plus I've met a couple Florences under two. It's making a comeback with the urban hipster set. 

I'm glad to hear this. My grandmother was Florence. Her mother was Daisy, which I think is a little more popular nowadays.

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fox said:

I'm glad to hear this. My grandmother was Florence.  

Florence was my aunt's mother's name. I thought it was funny when she traveled to Florence. 

Early this week I know of two moms who got induced because their due date was this weekend and NC looked to be in Hurricane Irma's path for Monday. Now Irma is tracking inland and Tennessee and Arkansas look to be where she's tracking. 

Dear Anna, 

A home birth  during a hurricane does not seem like a great idea.

Regards,

Exposed knees

On September 7, 2017 at 7:49 PM, church_of_dog said:

Apparently in the San Francisco bay area, the ubiquitous fog has been named Karl.

Yes!  Karl the Fog has an awesome twitter account.  

10 hours ago, ark said:

Nice to know my name is tacky...

Same here ;-).  

If Anna has had the baby already, what's the chance that they would have made it through the JoKen wedding without someone posting an instagram pic?  

Although with Josh not in the wedding, I suppose it's possible their branch of the family skipped JoKen and made excuses about Anna being uncomfortable or something like that.  

OTOH, seems like we've thought Anna could have delivered as early as mid-July.   So... I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't have the baby already, maybe about a week ago.

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I believe they live around Interlachen, east of Gainesville, in north central Florida. They aren't on the coast. They probably haven't evacuated. However, they do live in a manufactured home, which is not ideal in a hurricane. [also unlikely to have a cellar to shelter in]

They live probably about 80 miles north of John & Alyssa Bates Webster, who are near Orlando (also in the interior).

Florida has about 20 million people; there is no way everyone can evacuate north & away from the coasts.

They still may evacuate. Tallahassee issued a voluntary evacuation notice for anyone in mobile homes, I imagine other counties in Florida may issue the same thing. Tallahassee is also in North Florida, though further west.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/evacuation-ordered-for-mobile-home-owners-in-tallahassee/article_482f54b8-94d5-11e7-b03d-fb9bddbd5faa.html

I don't think the northern parts of FL are expecting to get hit until Monday.

12 hours ago, ark said:

Should have said perceived tacky. Two of my best friends have names from that list. Perception is bullshit as we know

Back on the name Astrid...

We're watching how to train your Dragon and Astrid is the name of the main female character. So if you want an example of a strong female dragon riding Astrid, I've found the film for you!

Also as every day passes, I'm more impressed that I might actually be close to getting the date right.  I think I've been wayyyy off in all previous baby watches!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been reading on this board for around two years but have just made an account recently... hi everyone! 

What actually got me posting was a thought I had recently when reading about Anna and Josh on one of the gossip sites online (InStyle or something like that...) For some reason, it gave me a new perspective although all it said was something along the lines of them being in counseling, waiting to welcome their fifth child into the family, etc. nothing new there but when I was reading the article, especially Josh's age (he is 28 now I think), struck me. I thought that although the cult - and Anna's commitment - might still be keeping them together, some time down the line they'll divorce. I expect the decision to be made by josh rather than  by Anna but assume that this marriage wont last. Now, with both the Keller and Duggar families wanting the marriage to continue, public scrutiny, religious beliefs, the young kids, they decide to hang in there. Unfortunately (and their families are also to blame for this) their marriage was never based on the insight that they both love each other, have similar goals and aspirations and actually fit... josh is still a young man who - I believe - wants a different life while Anna wants to continue. He will try, might be trying now, but he might cheat again or do whatever... and eventually call it quits. 

15 hours ago, ark said:

https://www.behindthename.com/bb/fact/3361547 Here is a comment (I didn't write) which explains naming trends in Ireland in the twentieth century.

Basically a priest could refuse to baptize a child if its' name wasn't "Christian," enough. So most people would have names from two categories: Catholic saints' names or family names.

As Ireland became less Christian and conservative people had new priorities when naming their children. The list of names that Irishy gives were all very common and popular but they sounded jarring and 'modern,' in Ireland because they clearly weren't chosen with traditional values in mind. 'Jacinta,' is probably the 'tackiest,' because it sounds like a name heard on holiday in Spain.

Here is the link for the most common baby names chosen in 2016 http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-ibn/irishbabiesnames2016/tbls/. With the exception of the Gaelic names the most popular names are similar to names commonly used in America and Europe.

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I thought that although the cult - and Anna's commitment - might still be keeping them together, some time down the line they'll divorce. I expect the decision to be made by josh rather than  by Anna but assume that this marriage wont last.

If they ever divorce, I think you're definitely right, it will be Josh's decision, not Anna's. At this point I don't think Anna would divorce him for any reason. The only way I could see her leaving him would be if she truly believed he was an immediate and serious threat to the safety of her children, and even then that would be the most extreme scenario and I don't think she'd divorce him. This is all she knows, plus she gets martyr points in her community by staying with him.

Josh, on the other hand... heh. Apparently he's cured again now. Just like last time, and the time before that, right? This is a guy who seriously chafes at his restrictions, and living the fundie headship life clearly made him miserable - why should we believe that's changed? We're supposed to believe fundie rehab reformatted his entire brain and he's going to settle down and be a model husband and father now? I don't think so. I mean, I hope for his family's sake that he will, but I fully expect him to keep relapsing. I'm just not sure whether we'll hear about it when it happens.

i feel so bad for saying that, but everytime i see a video or photo of MEr and Spurg together, looking at Spurge i think 'cuuute' and looking at Mer i think 'that poor girl' (due to her father obv...) 

Someone please tell me I am not the only one? For the record, she is adorable as well, but I just think Ben+Jessa are the best parents out of the bunch. Even though Anna seems to be a great mom as well, there's still Josh.. :/

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I expect the decision to be made by josh rather than  by Anna but assume that this marriage wont last.

Sadly, I think you're right. Josh has acquired a taste for a totally different type of sexual experience than he can get through quiet and submissive Anna, and it's only a matter of time before he strays again (if he hasn't already). And at some point he'll just say "screw it", and decide that it's not worth the fight to "rehab" and save face every time, and he just doesn't want to come back. Maybe he'll find the right angle for a "tell-all" book (blaming Gothard, his parents, the rules, et al. for warping him and creating his proclivities), or maybe he'll just decide he wants out of the lime-light altogether, change his name, and slink off to North Dakota or somewhere to work as a car salesman by day (and patronize the local stripper clubs by night.) Then Anna can be the poor divorced martyr wife, which sadly is her only way out in fundie circles. She still won't ever be free to remarry (not unless Jerkface decides to get himself killed for nailing the wrong guy's girl or driving drunk or something), but at least she'll be free from having to go to bed with the slimeball ever again.

10 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

What would happen if (when) Josh strays again he gets a girl pregnant?

Good question. It would probably depend on whether he was able to keep it a secret or not.

Ironically enough, I do believe Josh would have enough sense to use birth control, or have the girl use birth control, if (when?) he cheats again..

@singsingsing obviously :D

but generally, i think women are more likely to get pregnant while not using any form of birth control, than if they do.

I just think Josh would try to make sure that his discretions couldn't bite him in the ass again, if (when) he finds another girl to cheat. if it fails, then I'd say, in Austins words, it was a hard try...

1 minute ago, SeekingAdventure said:

but generally, i think women are more likely to get pregnant while not using any form of birth control, than if they do.

lol... Um, yeah, I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Frankly, I think Josh is an idiot, and I wouldn't put it past him to not take precautions. 

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Birth control can fail...

Yes, that's the reason that I'm here. :P I'm a "surprise the birth control pill isn't 100%" human! 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived