IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What do you and your brother think of him being referred to as a moose by the Supernatural fandom?

I had no clue that was a theme. Brother is still taking the piss out of me for bringing him up. All related to having to take 10 year old sister and her over excited friends to the midnight showing of Titanic  using his free tickets, but hey I guess there's that. I sat next to someone who later was in the movies during an epic film. Memes are quite the new way to mock your siblings.

Sibling relationships are really fascinating to me, especially in these super sized families. I've only got brothers and birth order definitely tempered/ helped our personalities. The brother closest in age to me is someone everyone just likes immediately, he wouldn't have a clue what it's like to not be popular if he hadn't grown up sharing a room with an older introvert who knew what it was like to be unnoticed at school. Would I have dated more if popular brother hadn't thrown down a fiery gauntlet at the first teenage boy trying to sound cool comment about me?  No clue, but I wonder, I'm also jealous of Mr. Cascarones siblings. They're teens and have cell phones, no overheard conversations on the home phone, hassling each other to get off the line so they can use the phone.

I wonder how being first born shaped Josh with the extra attention and free passes, if it would have been different between Jinger and Jessa if Jinger was the older one. Jill is an enigma to me, was she so focused on pleasing her parents because of inherent traits or feeling starved for attention from being sandwiched between twins and back to back new girl babies? Joy too, nested in slew of boys and the first of the children to have a sister mom.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/9/2017 at 7:32 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Very interesting. In the Italian Mass I always heard and with your spirit (e con il tuo spirito). Same for the “all things visible and invisible" and the bit“that I have greatly sinned" bits. But instead of the  “Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof" we say "Signore non sono degno di partecipare alla tua mensa" (Lord I am not worthy of partaking in your meal, even if this translation isn't accurate because the word "mensa" has much greater allegorical weight).

They tried a couple of years ago to change some words of the Our Father. The bit "e non ci indurre in tentazione" (literally: do not lead us into temptation) is seen as bad theology and bad translation, but eradicating it from people's memories jas been proved impossible.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived