IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Ruthie is really giving Scary Mary the stink eye here.  Free Ruthie!

DSC_0962-425x284.jpg

That is the look of, "this could be my future".

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Maybe I misread this, but it looked like Sarah said that one of the food delights of fall was maple syrup candles.  Maple sugar CANDIES are, indeed, scrumptious.  CANDLES, not so much.

I think she is talking about "fall delights" in general. She says "This particular morning, the temps are amazing. Like autumn. Think pumpkin, sweaters, and maple syrup candles." I think she could mean (this is how I read it) those scented candles from Bath and Body Works or Yankee Candle. 

13 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

When are we going to get an update on the mission trip???

Never.  It is a secret.  

Here's the thing.  Sarah tries to write 3 blog posts a week, most of which are a single paragraph, a text, and a few captioned photos.  I'll be hugely generous and estimate that each post takes her an hour, only because she probably sweats over editing the piccies and finds Word Press very, very, complicated. (It's not.)

Then she has to spend several hours consulting with Steve about the content.  Who knows how many of her blog posts have landed in the circular file.

She can't post about their actual lives in case something slips in that wanders from the scheduled Maxwellian message.  So verboten topics include:

• mission trip details,
  • Going to Bontranger or Duggar weddings,
  • Steve and Teri presenting at Big Sandy and other IBLP family conferences,
  • What her brothers do all day,
  • Brothers who are courting (until after the wedding),
  • Anything interesting!

Poor Sarah.

And her new book series seems to be dead in the water.  The last we heard was that it had been tabled while she helped Teri revise one of her books.

The humpers were also asking for a day in the life of Teri.  I'll write it for Sarah.

• Get up
  • Make the bed
  • Shower and dress
  • Bible time
  • Exercise
  • Breakfast (smoothie made by Anna)
  • Update to do list
  • Private prayer
  • Gather supplies
  • Lunch (leftovers reheated by Anna)
  • Quiet time
  • Update grocery shopping list (need more lettuce)
  • (Mondays only) read with Grandchildren
  • Update packing list after going to wedding
  • Private prayer
  • Update to do list again
  • Dinner (cooked by Anna)
  • Family Bible time 
  • Bed.

16 hours ago, socalrules said:

It's possible John is just living a more normal lifestyle and they do not want to admit it on the blog.

John and Jesse are seen at family events and on vacation but not as much during the day to day activities. They could have full outside lives and still find time to participate in special blog activities. 

I'm sure this is to give the impression that he is a hard working man ready to find a wife. I forget--does he have a house to work on yet? Maybe he's off doing that and they're saving that for a new "course" to sell? Like "How to source thrown-out, out of style oak cabinets for your debt free dream home the Maxhell way?" Only $69.99 and guaranteed boys will only talk to boys???

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I forget--does he have a house to work on yet?

We don't know.  They may well be sitting on that info.  After the humiliating debacle of E. Munck dumping Joseph at the last moment, all wedding information has been kept under lock and key by the Maxwells.

Any announcement that either John or Jesse has bought a house would have FJ doing a countdown to the wedding.  It would be a dead giveaway that a courtship is in the works.

As it is, some of us are anticipating Jesse's betrothal and marriage in the near future.  He's been on separate special excursions with his beloved siblings while there is still "time."  Also Sarah has been extra effusive about the preciousness of time spent with siblings.

Does that cat know where it is going when it dies?

I have to admit, although my cat is a slothful heathen, he does appreciate a daily schedule. He believes his humans should get up & go to bed at rigid times, and strangers should never ring the doorbell. He's not a glutton, either. He might be OK with Maxhell. Although he would prefer a home with plenty of naps being taken by the humans, and I doubt the Maxwells allow that.

20 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Poor Sarah.  The description of her day was so sad. ...  Jesus didn't say to only help your family members.  He said to go out there and visit the sick, visit prisoners, help the poor and homeless, etc  

But their entire life as a family is "ministering to others"....like the elderly in the throes of dementia.  :content:

20 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Ruthie is really giving Scary Mary the stink eye here.  Free Ruthie!

She reminds me of Mila--the 2 year old who wants to go to law school! (Google her) And, to the other commentator--OH YEAH, she gets it--"this is my shit life....."

17 hours ago, Corntree said:

Sarah got the idea to journal her favorite Bible verses from Teri's book "Sweet Journey," which is more proof of how insulated they are. ...(Do any of them ever get any ideas from non-family members?

Big old N-O to that one. They only meet elderly people who aren't right in the head any more.

I'm surprised Poor Sarah gets up at 6 am.  I thought in Maxhell wake up time was 4:45-5:00 am unless they are in CO getting ready for the Bataan death march aka climbing a 14er.

Sarah says it's hard to write blog posts in anything other than Wordpress? OMG, Wordpress is fairly similar to using Microsoft Word. Doesn't she know about cut & paste? Seriously, write stuff in Word, cut & paste the text into Wordpress and add in the photos. Rufus, please help me from wanting to punch her in the face. 

On 9/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, johnhugh said:

And in true Maxwell fashion she posts a picture of her pussy 

What!?!?!? Let the record show that there is no way in hell I'm going to look at the Maxhell blog until THAT post is pushed off the front page.

28 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

What!?!?!? Let the record show that there is no way in hell I'm going to look at the Maxhell blog until THAT post is pushed off the front page.

But its well groomed and beautiful. 

15 minutes ago, Thunder said:

But its well groomed and beautiful. 

And she promises another blog post to tell its story... :evil-laugh:

On 12/09/2017 at 1:51 PM, Corntree said:

Sarah got the idea to journal her favorite Bible verses from Teri's book "Sweet Journey,"

What, don't Teri and Sarah ever talk face to face?  I guess not.

14 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I forget--does he have a house to work on yet? 

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

We don't know.  They may well be sitting on that info.  After the humiliating debacle of E. Munck dumping Joseph at the last moment, all wedding information has been kept under lock and key by the Maxwells.

Any announcement that either John or Jesse has bought a house would have FJ doing a countdown to the wedding.  It would be a dead giveaway that a courtship is in the works.

As it is, some of us are anticipating Jesse's betrothal and marriage in the near future.  He's been on separate special excursions with his beloved siblings while there is still "time."  Also Sarah has been extra effusive about the preciousness of time spent with siblings.

You inspired me to go digging and...... John Maxwell OWNS A HOUSE!!!! It's two blocks from Joseph and Elissa and 0.7 miles from the main house. It appears that he purchased it sometime since the 2016 taxes were paid but I couldn't find an exact date.

Jesse does not own a house but there are 4 properties owned by the Maxwell Family Trust (2 residential, 1 commercial/industrial and 1 vacant).

Perhaps slightly off-topic but... What's with the fundie fascination with Settlers of Catan?

It's a favorite for literally every fundamentalist soul out there...

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

What, don't Teri and Sarah ever talk face to face?  I guess not.

I didn't even think about it that way, but that is pretty hilarious. The only way neglected Sarah can get advice from Teri is to read her books. Not that I think that's what really happens, though.

Since it was mentioned, I will say I really did feel awful for Joseph when Elizabeth called off their wedding ONE WEEK before it was scheduled. Though if she really didn't think she was meant to marry him, it was best to call it off. It was pretty ballsy of her. The Maxwells said the wedding was the Lord's will, but when it was called off, that was the Lord's will, too. Sometimes I get really confused about God's will. Was that 2012 or 2013? I was thinking if it was 2013 that would have given him only 14 months to get over Elizabeth and then get to know, court and marry Elissa, so 2012 seems more likely to me. It's not like I can look at the archives b/c they deleted all those posts. Grr. They did the same thing with the posts about Chris' failed engagement. (That did get to the engagement stage, right?) I guess they have an image to maintain, esp. for newer readers who have no idea those things happened. Well, I guess that's what FJ is for. We remember everything.

@Bethella , good find on John owning a house! IIRC, getting married didn't come that long after purchasing a house for the three married Maxwell "kids" (in Joseph's case I'm referring to the wedding that was called off) though John could be different. But this house seems a little too far from the rest of the Maxwells. Will Teri be able to stand the pain of John living 0.7 miles away?

4 hours ago, Alicepooh said:

Perhaps slightly off-topic but... What's with the fundie fascination with Settlers of Catan?

The first time I ever heard of that game was on Big Bang Theory. I didn't realize it was a fundie game. 

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

You inspired me to go digging and...... John Maxwell OWNS A HOUSE!!!! It's two blocks from Joseph and Elissa and 0.7 miles from the main house. It appears that he purchased it sometime since the 2016 taxes were paid but I couldn't find an exact date.

Oh, well done!!  Excellent sleuthing.

Let the countdown begin to John's wedding.  :laughing-rollingred:

Although I'll be a little annoyed if John marries before Jesse.  It would imply Sarah was trying to put us off the track  with all that stuff about special time with Jesse. 

14 hours ago, divadivine said:

Doesn't she know about cut & paste? Seriously, write stuff in Word, cut & paste the text into Wordpress and add in the photos.

The only control allowed in her life is from God. And Steve is God.

No keyboard Ctrl allowed in the Maxhell home! 

6 hours ago, Alicepooh said:

I looked it up and there don't seem to be "number" or "face" cards - like regular cards. Lots of fundies are against those types of cards because they see it as gambling, even if you don't exchange money or candy or other things.

I just thought that Hascidic Jews (fundie in their own way) are more relaxed in that regard, since their kids exchange candy while playing the Dredel game.

John must have a lady in his life. Wonder if we'll only find out after they marry, or if they'll wait this time till she's pregnant, or has two or three kids. Just to be extra extra safe.

On 9/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, formergothardite said:

Judging from Sarah's books that portray a distant mother who barely interacted with her children I agree they remember pretty damn well how bad those days were.  

Whoa, yeah--this. I read the freebie book Sarah had available on Amazon and Teri's depression comes leaping off the pages. Mom Moody spends most of her time in her room resting and/or reading the Bible. She can barely be arsed to play hide and seek with the rest of the family. I nearly dropped dead of shock when she took the kids on a field trip to a dairy.  The most heartbreaking part, to me, was when Mollie decided to earn money by selling home-baked goods and Mom totally punks out on the opportunity to help her learn how. So much for the vaunted fundie "PhD in homemaking." 

And don't get me started on the heroic Dad Moody, who is essentially a condescending douchebag to everyone he encounters, especially outside the family. 

The books are thinly veiled biographies of Terified and Stevehovah.

Ok so I really really want to know if Hot John is courting/engaged. I will admit I think he is the most attractive fundie on FJ and it makes me embarrassingly curious as to who the girl may be. How hard it must be for a fundie girl to resist Hot John while knowing that if she gives in and decides to court, she will have to live in Maxhell until the day Steve dies. What a decision.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived