IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

But Jill is effectively Joy's mom.  So maybe just maybe, with miracle-worker Jill being in attendance (ref Henry birth) there will be no difficulites.  

I so hope not.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Words, platitudes...servants' hearts- Like who have they served other than JB and M Duggar? 

But it always works out pretty well for the owners, doesn't it?

Thank you, @Firebird, for your look into the subculture.  This always reminds me of the Serven clan, my gateway fundies, now pretty much dropped off the radar. The eldest and the third oldest children were girls, who were kept home till the ages of 26 and 29 to care for the youngest of the 9 children.

Mrs. Serven apparently discovered too late that her constituion wasn't hardy enough to homeschool AND raise 9 children all the while being an exemplary helpmeet to her bookish lord & master. 

The younger of the 2 daughters had 2 kids quickly before the family blog went pretty much inactive due to the next daughter down the line lacking any real interest (at least that's how I saw it). 

Meanwhile the eldest daughter has struggled with pregnancies, recently delivering her 3rd child, 5th or 6th pregnancy.

Had hoped she'd been content with a couple children but she chooses to continue to attempt to conceive and that's her absolute right. Still, to me the entire story is a gross perversion of what some parents of my generation have demanded their children do to continue to win their love. 

Lousy so-called "religion" ...

For the sake of Joy, I very much hope this baby goes full term.  With how far along she looks AND the rumors surrounding the "pregnancy scare" that lead to the sudden engagement and wedding, there will be MUCH speculation if she goes early.  

And I feel for her.  Because her PARENTS made this bed about Purity Culture, not Joy.  Joy didn't choose the Duggar image.  And if this child WAS conceived before the vows, who cares?  Maybe Joy has more of a mind of her own than she has publicly let on and doesn't fully buy in to pre-marital purity.  Or maybe she was just a normal 19 year old with a committed partner.  I have a soft spot for Joy because she's just really gotten the short end of the stick with this lifestyle.  It seems like EVERYTHING that is normal and appeals to her is forbidden, and she has to really find ways to make herself fit in to a culture that's just a terrible fit for who she is.  

She shouldn't even be in this situation, but here we are.  And WHO put her here?  Her parents.  

It's just another example of how JB and M not only FAILED to protect their children, but actually set them up to take the fall for their own choices.  

Bravo @Georgiana, exactly how I feel. I was a little surprised to see a pregnancy announcement this fast, because she just seemed so over it all (before the engagement). 

35 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

For the sake of Joy, I very much hope this baby goes full term.  With how far along she looks AND the rumors surrounding the "pregnancy scare" that lead to the sudden engagement and wedding, there will be MUCH speculation if she goes early.  

I'm already speculating.  She is huge for 3 months.

@Ilovebrownies,  my daughter mentioned to me this afternoon that Joy didn't look three months pregnant either.

There's an old wives tale that 7 month babies are healthier than babies born at 8 months of pregnancy.  That's because those healthy 7 month babies are babies  born at term.  There's are several Southern expressions for this:  "They et supper before they said grace."  and "They planted corn a-fore the fence was built"

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Wait, what? Jill delivered Henry? How did I miss this? After bleeding out with SES, she let Jill be the lead in her next, home delivery? If so, Jessa is more than a brick shy.

Well I did have the wine flowing when watching but I do believe she did. I think she had someone else there too but their face was not shown. 

ETA: found a clip, yep Jill was there in the end zone - 1 minute into clip

http://www.eonline.com/news/863077/jessa-duggar-gets-family-support-while-in-labor-before-birth-of-baby-no-2

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Words, platitudes...servants' hearts- Like who have they served other than JB and M Duggar? 

When have these folks really done any of the heavy lifting; seen something through from start to finish?

It's all so corny and fake.

Well, they slave for their families. How many times are J'Slaves sent off to help with Anna's kids or to help Jill or Jessa? Jana was helping Jill cook before Israel was born, when she only had to cook for Derek and herself. I also think of the Hortono girl. They are basically indentured servants.

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

d) Taking Charge of your Fertility is a great book that explains in a ton of detail how to time things to get pregnant even if you are irregular, and also how to time things to not get pregnant.  If you are on the younger end here at FJ and just getting started with being sexually active (or you've been at it for a while but are thinking about changing up your birth control or thinking about getting pregnant) I'd recommend getting a copy of this book.  

I used this book 12 years ago to get pregnant with my youngest child and after while I was nursing not to get pregnant. I loved this book.

If Joy did get pregnant before marriage then she's got some serious cognitive dissonance going on, because she's been by far the most vocal in her enthusiasm for quiverfull ideology and seemingly by far the most eagerly conservative of her siblings. She also seems happy, confident and relaxed, not like someone hiding a shameful secret. And when would she and Austin ever have been left alone long enough to do the deed? I'm honestly shocked that people here are echoing this tabloid stuff. Yeah, it's possible, but it's so, so, so unlikely. And it has the potential to be incredibly harmful to her, given that purity and chastity are held on such a pedestal in her culture. 

She's not huge. She's always had a curvier body type. She's shorter and more short waisted than her sisters. She's excited about being pregnant and wearing clothes and posing in a way that accentuates her bump. Plenty of non-pregnant women look like that after a large meal. I really hope we're not going to go down the tabloid gossip road here, with literally nothing to substantiate it, especially about something like this.

I'm almost 70, and I can look pregnant in the wrong clothes *shudder*. As others have said, women carry differently. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm almost 70, and I can look pregnant in the wrong clothes *shudder*. As others have said, women carry differently. 

I'm 50. I've been asked if I was pregnant (seriously y'all - don't ever ask that no matter what). I always laugh and respond:

1. I'm flattered you think I look young enough to be pregnant

and

2. I just ate a huge meal

Look, I'm 5'8" and 140 lbs and very decidedly not pregnant, and I could easily make myself look pregnant right now just by drinking a ton of water, not peeing, wearing a tight shirt, pushing out my gut, swaying back my hips and putting my hands on my belly in a 'pregnant pose'. 

She seems happy. For all these girls I only wish that they felt they have a choice not to have so many babies that a serious mental breakdown occurs- and they have more than they can handle. The more girls that move out and have their own kids to care for, the harder it will be to go babysit for each other. I'm not going to say the documentary I was watching the other day because it was terribly tragic, but it was a fundie mom who had a mental break. I couldn't help but think of the Duggars. That is what makes it the most sad to me. Some moms can handle 2 happily. Some can handle 6 happily. But the total blatant disregard for moms mental and physical toll SICKENS me.

As far as how big she looks already.... I think I'm in the camp that says the moment she found out she began to eat for two and enjoy some food. Nothing wrong with that, hope she's staying healthy too though. But my guess is she's enjoying eating for two.

She has some major swayback going on. Jill did the same thing. I'm not going to believe any of this tabloid stuff; they seem unlikely to want to endanger the purity gravy train.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Look, I'm 5'8" and 140 lbs and very decidedly not pregnant, and I could easily make myself look pregnant right now just by drinking a ton of water, not peeing, wearing a tight shirt, pushing out my gut, swaying back my hips and putting my hands on my belly in a 'pregnant pose'. 

5'7", 150 - I wore a Lularoe Carly dress today (it's basically a swing/trapeze dress). For shits/giggles, I turned sideways in front of the mirror, pooched out my belly, cupped my hand under said belly, and BOOM! 6 months pregnant. lmao

With my first, I didn't really show til 5 months, but with my second, I looked like Joy at 3 months, and I've had friends who started showing early. Plus we still don't know for sure if she has more than one baby in there.

I seriously doubt they had any opportunity at all to be intimate before marriage, even if they were inclined. Time will tell, though.

6 hours ago, karen77 said:

This book is fantastic, and honestly, should be required for every teenage girl (with the extra caveat that teenagers seem to be extra fertile)

Fourthing this. I read Taking Charge at a point when I was not having sex and therefore neither preventing or trying. It's still interesting and solid info, though a little evangelical on the idea of NFP.

I wonder if any of the Duggar girls will refuse to have their births filmed for TV? I wonder if they have that choice? Probably not. I can't see Jinger, for example, being overly excited to be filmed...

When I was in my mid 20s I was going through some medical issues that caused me to gain weight. One of my coworkers - who worked in HR, asked another coworker and the only real friend I made there- if I was pregnant. My friend got her claws out in responsive and HR woman said basically that I was inviting the question because of the shirt I was wearing that day, it was an empire waist shirt. I did have a friend who was pregnant at the time and I was so tempted to print out and leave in our shared printer the ultrasound photo my friend sent. I got her back in another way though. 

There's always going to be rumors about these girls. There's still one up now from April that Jinger got pregnant on her honeymoon and was well into her second trimester at that time. Not going to believe any of girls snuck around before marriage unless one of them leaves the cult and admits it in a tell all. Aside from the rules and the chaperones - they all seem into the romantic idea of waiting for marriage for first everythings. They do not strike me as people who would be happy to have their first time be a quicky in the back of a car or something becausw they were left alone for five minutes.

I hope for the babys health and for rumor reasons Joy goes full term.

I highly doubt she had premarital sex. Jill was also huge looking at her Jessa's wedding that was roughly about the same length of time.

However, I don't think their belief system necessarily rules out pregnancy before marriage. In some ways she is at greater risk due to lack of sex education and belief system that revolves around obeying/trusting men.

Y'all I looked WAYYYY more pregnant than I really was until about 30 weeks then it evened out. It was even my first pregnancy and I was in maturnity clothes at 11 weeks... it wasn't by choice it was because nothing else remotely fit. I'm smaller and my baby was only 7 lbs it was just how I carried. I'll save my benefit if the doubt for any Joy scandals until she has a 10 lbs premie baby. Duggars women make some big babes so far so time will tell.

I was just the opposite. With my first I barely had a bump, much like Alyssa W. The second, I was pretty similar. I do have a longer waist than Joy, but am petite too.

12 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Duggars women make some big babes so far so time will tell.

Duggar women need prenatal nutritional counseling, big time.

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

People keep saying that the endless conveyor belt of Duggar grandbabies is boring now, and I agree, BUT - the race is now on to see who can a) have the first girl (apparently Mackyznie and Meredith don't count), and B) have the first set of twins.

now this part of the equation will be entertaining.  What happens when someone "cough" adopts, gives birth to a girl or IS pregnant with twins 

the rest is not entertaining anymore. 

and nothing of Josh's counts 

Put me down in the column of people who are barely/mildly  interested to hear that Joy is pregnant. Whether she is 1,3 or 6 months along I could care less. At some point, if things go well, a baby will arrive and I hope it will be healthy. That's about the extent of my interest. 

As far as looking pregnant?  Plenty of people look various degrees of pregnant even when they are not.  In my case its just fat. And a lot of it got there while I struggled with infertility related hormone weirdness, which was a little ironic. 

Joy might be looking more pregnant than she really is or she might be further along than stated.  Whatever.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived